View Poll Results: How do you rate this store? (You may check muliple boxes)

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overall experience was GOOD.

    3 13.04%
  • Overall experience was BAD.

    12 52.17%
  • Staff is/was POLILTE, HELPFUL and PROFESSIONAL.

    3 13.04%
  • Staff is/was UNPLEASANT and UNHELPFUL.

    13 56.52%
  • Store is/was well stocked and organized.

    3 13.04%
  • Store is/was NOT well stocked and organized.

    7 30.43%
  • Store is/was neat and clean.

    5 21.74%
  • Store is/was dirty, neglected and untidy.

    7 30.43%
  • YES I am satisfied with the products / service.

    3 13.04%
  • NO I am NOT satisfied with the products / service.

    12 52.17%
  • YES I would recommend this store to others.

    2 8.70%
  • NO I would NOT recommend this store to others.

    17 73.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How do you rate 5404 Dalton Drive N.W., Calgary, AB store?

  1. #1

    How do you rate 5404 Dalton Drive N.W., Calgary, AB store?

    Rate this Canadian Tire store?

    Please vote on the above poll.
    • You may select multiple choices.
    • Only choose the options that apply.
    • Try to be honest.

    Post other opinions and thought on this particular store below.

  2. #2

    Re: How do you rate 5404 Dalton Drive N.W., Calgary, AB store?

    I understand now why Canadian Tire is called Crappy Tire. The Service Department at this Canadian Tire is crap. The customer service from the bottom right up to the manager, Ken is crap! I took my Ford Explorer in to have the Power Steering Pump replaced because my truck was making a squealing noise. I even brought the part in. The service advisor agreed that it was probably the power steering pump making the noise. When my husband picked the truck it was still squealing. He was livid. Their excuse was, get this - "We did exactly what you said sir! We replaced the power steering pump." I guess if we told them to jump off a bridge, they would do that too. We did find a really good local mechanic in Ranchlands. They fixed the squealing noise which was just a belt tensioner and a pulley that needed to be replaced. It cost a $150 less than Crappy Tire charged to not even fix the problem. I wouldn't suggest this Crappy Tire to my worst enemy. The staff is verbally abusive and very unprofessional.

  3. #3
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: How do you rate 5404 Dalton Drive N.W., Calgary, AB store?

    Quote Originally Posted by danisah View Post
    I understand now why Canadian Tire is called Crappy Tire. The Service Department at this Canadian Tire is crap. The customer service from the bottom right up to the manager, Ken is crap! I took my Ford Explorer in to have the Power Steering Pump replaced because my truck was making a squealing noise. I even brought the part in. The service advisor agreed that it was probably the power steering pump making the noise. When my husband picked the truck it was still squealing. He was livid. Their excuse was, get this - "We did exactly what you said sir! We replaced the power steering pump." I guess if we told them to jump off a bridge, they would do that too. We did find a really good local mechanic in Ranchlands. They fixed the squealing noise which was just a belt tensioner and a pulley that needed to be replaced. It cost a $150 less than Crappy Tire charged to not even fix the problem. I wouldn't suggest this Crappy Tire to my worst enemy. The staff is verbally abusive and very unprofessional.
    I workd for a differnt canadiantire in the servie desk. guess what, you are wrong. this is called customer request work, no diagnosis. If you pay for a diangosis, you get it diangnosed and the asurance that a mechanic figured out what was wrong. If you assume you knoww what's wrong and tell them to do something, you asssume the risk that YOU were wrong and pay the bill. ps power steering pumps dont squeel, belts do.
    shoulda payed 30 bucks to have a mecanic look at it first. dont blame them becuz you tried to cut a corner and play mecanic yourself

  4. #4

    Re: How do you rate 5404 Dalton Drive N.W., Calgary, AB store?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I workd for a differnt canadiantire in the servie desk. guess what, you are wrong. this is called customer request work, no diagnosis. If you pay for a diangosis, you get it diangnosed and the asurance that a mechanic figured out what was wrong. If you assume you knoww what's wrong and tell them to do something, you asssume the risk that YOU were wrong and pay the bill. ps power steering pumps dont squeel, belts do.
    shoulda payed 30 bucks to have a mecanic look at it first. dont blame them becuz you tried to cut a corner and play mecanic yourself
    I wonder why you dont work there now? Its not that I was trying to cut corners
    to save money its the fact that the service advisor at this store agreed with me
    about the power steering pump and did not even suggest to have the mechanic check
    it! Then they did not even have a mechanic work on it. I would think that as a mechanic sorry any real mechanic would have suggested the same as you said as a service advisor that it is not the pump but a belt. The point is that they just took the money and then were abusive when I questioned them about giving my truck back still making a noise and then had the nerve to want to charge afterwards 115 hr just to see what the real problem was. I took it to Cartech in Ranchlands area in calgary and a real mechanic and a real service advisor had the problem fixed for under 200 dollars. Your right about not diagonsing it your self especially if your going to take it to Crappy Tire and thier Crappy service advisors and thier crappy mechanic who do not even work on the truck but instaed a tech. did at full shop rate.....

  5. #5
    Fubuki
    Guest Fubuki's Avatar

    Re: How do you rate 5404 Dalton Drive N.W., Calgary, AB store?

    Quote Originally Posted by danisah View Post
    I wonder why you dont work there now? Its not that I was trying to cut corners
    to save money its the fact that the service advisor at this store agreed with me
    about the power steering pump and did not even suggest to have the mechanic check
    it! Then they did not even have a mechanic work on it. I would think that as a mechanic sorry any real mechanic would have suggested the same as you said as a service advisor that it is not the pump but a belt. The point is that they just took the money and then were abusive when I questioned them about giving my truck back still making a noise and then had the nerve to want to charge afterwards 115 hr just to see what the real problem was. I took it to Cartech in Ranchlands area in calgary and a real mechanic and a real service advisor had the problem fixed for under 200 dollars. Your right about not diagnosing it your self especially if your going to take it to Crappy Tire and their Crappy service advisers and their crappy mechanic who do not even work on the truck but instead a tech. did at full shop rate.....
    You are absolutely right, danisah. We went there to change oil in our car, and get used oil instead of new one. The auto service in the CT store is a total scam. Manager Ken is not giving a crap to the customers. We complained to the head office in Toronto about the accident, they only gave as $100 gift card, no money back, but we spent $113 there and next week had to go to another car service to exchange the oil again, spending not only money, but our time. So my advise - do not even try go to that car service.

  6. #6
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0585's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: How do you rate 5404 Dalton Drive N.W., Calgary, AB store?

    What is it with all the problems in Calgary?

    Buyer Beware at Canadian Tire Calgary

Similar Threads

  1. How do you rate 300-202 Veteran's Blvd. NE, Airdrie, AB store?
    By Admin in forum Canadian Tire 300-202 Veteran's Blvd. NE, Airdrie, AB
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 15th, 2011, 07:02 AM
  2. How do you rate 200-388 Country Hills Blvd., N.E. Calgary, AB store?
    By Admin in forum Canadian Tire 200-388 Country Hills Blvd., N.E. Calgary, AB
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 24th, 2011, 10:21 PM
  3. How do you rate 404 Cassils Road West, Brooks, Ab store?
    By Admin in forum Canadian Tire 404 Cassils Road West, Brooks, Ab
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 25th, 2009, 02:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions