Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
Results 51 to 60 of 79

Thread: From A Customer Service Rep

  1. #51

    Re: From A Customer Service Rep

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not sure why unopened and sealed is an issue? Is someone putting a gun to the customer's head and making them buy the item. Why does the store have to pay for a bad purchasing decision? When would the customer be responsible for their purchase?
    so many questions

    but the answers are all here

    for those who can imagine what its like to be a consumer

    and not just a Canadian Tire Owner/Dealer.

  2. #52
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0527's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: From A Customer Service Rep

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed that the packaging won't make a difference for getting a refund on a defective item.

    However, you are still wrong about the reason why it won't matter: it's because the official policy says that the store can refuse to give a refund, so the packaging won't help.

    Also, if the item is "repair only", then the policy says the store doesn't have to even give an exchange.

    And you are still wrong about the policies for 'unwanted' or 'change of mind' returns. The policy says the store can refuse to give a refund if the item is not "in its original condition and packaging", and the store have been adding the requirement that the item be "unused" and the package be "unopened" or "sealed".
    If the item is repair only and was purchased within 90 days......... The store can and will give an exchange or even a refund. Unless it's an item that isn't covered by our return policy at all.

    Geez, people just don't understand!

  3. #53
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: From A Customer Service Rep

    Here's what's promised in the written policy (but not guaranteed):

    1 - Unwanted/change-of-mind returns:

    - If the item is "in its original condition and packaging", refund within 90 days (see web site).
    - Some items are shorter times: 30 days for electronics.
    - The policy for some items is 'non-returnable' if opened (ink, media, mattresses, beds). See web site.
    - The store may also insist on "unused" and maybe even "unopened" or "sealed" (call 1-866 number).
    - If the item is no longer in it's original condition (i.e., cannot be put back on the shelf), the policy is 'non-returnable'.
    - Some items are non-returnable, even if unopened (see web site). tinted pain/stain, magazines, ammuniction, clearance items.
    - Specific stores may be more lenient, but the written policy does not require them to give a refund if it has been used.

    2 - Defective items:

    - CT bases the return policy on the warranty.
    - See web site for the warranty for each item.
    - If "exchange only", the policy is "no refund". Call 1-866 number.
    - If "repair only", the policy is "no refund" and "no exchange". Call 1-866 number.
    - Specific stores may be more lenient, but the written policy does not require them to give a refund if it has been used.

  4. #54
    Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: From A Customer Service Rep

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    so many questions

    but the answers are all here

    for those who can imagine what its like to be a consumer

    and not just a Canadian Tire Owner/Dealer.
    Nice mentality, sounds kind of socialist.

  5. #55

    Re: From A Customer Service Rep

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We take back open boxes, ALL THE TIME.
    Interesting. So your store doesn't care if you can't resell it? That's the reason customers are being told the box has to be "unopened" or "sealed".

    And how do your customers feel about buying something that's been opened before? Don't they want one that's guaranteed to be unused and have all the parts? That's another reason other stores have given for insisting that it be "unused", or even "opened".

  6. #56
    Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: From A Customer Service Rep

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Interesting. So your store doesn't care if you can't resell it? That's the reason customers are being told the box has to be "unopened" or "sealed".

    And how do your customers feel about buying something that's been opened before? Don't they want one that's guaranteed to be unused and have all the parts? That's another reason other stores have given for insisting that it be "unused", or even "opened".
    I know that I refuse to take anything back that has been opened. I had far too many people claim that it was missing parts, was used, was damaged. Since implementing the unopened and unused policy, I have far less complaints and much higher sales from people that used to shop at Walmart and get used stuff constantly. Yep, I've pissed off some customers that thought they could try it out for the weekend....but now I get all the people that want NEW when they buy new. My 863 customers yesterday voted with their wallet. I do not cater to the fringe, I cater to my good customers.
    Cheers

  7. #57

    Re: From A Customer Service Rep

    We've been hearing from people who say they work for CT, and say that customers can count on a CT store giving a refund for an item in an opened box, even if the item is defective.

    "If the item is repair only and was purchased within 90 days......... The store can and will give an exchange or even a refund. Unless it's an item that isn't covered by our return policy at all."

    "Looks like you as well as other customers.. are confused. We take back open boxes, ALL THE TIME. The only time we don't if it is passed the 90 day return policy and the item has no warranty."

    "If the item is repair only and was purchased within 90 days......... The store can and will give an exchange or even a refund. Unless it's an item that isn't covered by our return policy at all. "

    Then you write, "I refuse to take anything back that has been opened".

    So, are they all wrong?

    Is it a lie to say, "Canadian Tire’s policy is to give a refund for a defective item."?

  8. #58
    Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: From A Customer Service Rep

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We've been hearing from people who say they work for CT, and say that customers can count on a CT store giving a refund for an item in an opened box, even if the item is defective.

    "If the item is repair only and was purchased within 90 days......... The store can and will give an exchange or even a refund. Unless it's an item that isn't covered by our return policy at all."

    "Looks like you as well as other customers.. are confused. We take back open boxes, ALL THE TIME. The only time we don't if it is passed the 90 day return policy and the item has no warranty."

    "If the item is repair only and was purchased within 90 days......... The store can and will give an exchange or even a refund. Unless it's an item that isn't covered by our return policy at all. "

    Then you write, "I refuse to take anything back that has been opened".

    So, are they all wrong?

    Is it a lie to say, "Canadian Tire’s policy is to give a refund for a defective item."?
    Depends on the item, we sell over 40,000 items in my store alone. If you aren't sure, why not ask what the return policy is BEFORE you buy. That actually sounds prudent. I love how buyer's remorse is the stores fault....lol.

  9. #59

    Re: From A Customer Service Rep

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Depends on the item, we sell over 40,000 items in my store alone. If you aren't sure, why not ask what the return policy is BEFORE you buy. That actually sounds prudent. I love how buyer's remorse is the stores fault....lol.
    Ha-ha, even the Crappy Tire people admit that they don't even know their own policies! Priceless!

    And then they want to make fun of customers to ask about each and every item in the store?

    Only Crappy Tire is this crappy - and that's just trying to find out what the crappy policy really is.

    And they can't all agree!

    But it's the customer's fauld, if they believed the false information posted here, or neglected to ask about each individual item they are buying. Crazy!

    But we should all know by now that the policies at CT are worse than any other major retailer. Just have a look at the other stores.

    Save yourself some hassles - buy from anyone except Crappy Tire!

  10. #60

    Re: From A Customer Service Rep

    Here's an idea.

    Maybe you CT guys just never thought of it?

    How about putting the RETURN POLICY on a big sign at cusomter service?

    That way, when scammers come into the store to defaud you, they'll know that CT's policy is to never give a refund for anything.

    That should discourage them from messing with you!!!!

    But I suppose it might tick off some customers to hear flat out just how bad your policies are ... I guess that's why you don't put them on the receipts either, huh?

    Nope, all we get on the receipt is some stuff about a 'warranty' or whatever. Nothing to worry about until the 90 days are up, if we didn't break the seal, right?

Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Customer service
    By galaxy in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: October 13th, 2010, 03:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions