Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

  1. #11
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0164's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Faithful View Post
    There are websites that are much more democratic than others. Those at canadiantire.ca are truly at the bottom of the pit. Check epinions, amazon, newegg, etc. They do not censor REVIEWS, they only censor LANGUAGE (even then, they don't censor much).

    On the other hand, canadiantire.ca has decided that it must enforce a policy of political correctness so as not to appear to 'offend' the companies they buy products from. I am not inventing this... I have 4 in-depth reviews about the Deluxe car Shelter (warning about its lack of bracing, its fundamental design flaw), the Bushmaster Spotting Scope (three units I tried exhibited the exact same severe coma aberration, an obvious design or production run flaw), the Celestron 15x70 binoculars (and excellent, sharp pair of binoculars that otherwise suffers from chromatic fringing off axis and is grossly overpriced at Canadian Tire's regular price) and the Maximum Universal Socket Set (with severely undersized handles pointing out it's designed for very light use only)...

    These types of reviews would NEVER be pulled from a site like Amazon or Newegg, even less likely from Epinions...

    I'll gladly send these reviews to anyone who is interested, along with the emails I got from the website censors to explain their decisions!!!
    While i partailly agree with your opinion... i must point out that none of those sites you listed are true retailers and do not support a fair comparrison

  2. #12

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    What difference does it make between brick and mortar and web only stores? How is that 'unfair'?

    In any case that's beside the point... The problem is misleading the buying public and this dishonesty rests squarely on the shoulder of the website censors, who are MANIPULATING public opinion by presenting so-called 'reviews' which in reality are nothing more than carefully spun snake oil of the type we have learned to dismiss from infomercials.

  3. #13
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by guiver View Post
    Um... you check again asshole. I didn't insult and i do believe i had a valid point. This is how debates work. You (in true dipshit inbred style) simple insulted me.... Then you threatned me!
    Keep coming back for more, good moron. I'm serving up a banquet...all you can eat! Tell me something. In the New Brunswick backwater from which you originate, do they have a second person who can actually read? I'm not saying that your writing is even close to correct English, but it's quite an accomplishment, considering your heritage.

  4. #14

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    Wow im suprised you find time to post inbetween fucking your own mother

  5. #15

    Censorship now on user review voting as well!!!

    Update:

    Since I attempted to post my reviews on canadiantire.ca guess what happened...

    NOW THEY EVEN CENSOR VOTES ON REVIEWS!!!

    This company is really getting on my nerves. Their arrogance is unbelievable! Have they been hiring former Bell Canada managers? Sure looks like it by how they treat customers!

  6. #16
    Burgerboy
    Guest Burgerboy's Avatar

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    I know what you mean. I posted reviews on the absolute piece of junk reflex wipers and the absolute piece of junk Mosquito Mega catch Ultra and suprise suprise, neither review was posted.

    Alot of electronics retailers allow objective reviews on their websites (Tigerdirect, NCIX) but Canadian Tire's reviews are definitely biased and not worth the time to view.

    I've noticed how alot of items now say "Imported by Canadian Tire" instead of printing that the crap is actually all made in China.

    Oh well, you get whay you pay for. I took the reflex wipers, bent the crap out of them, made a sign indicating what absolute garbage they are, and brought them back into the store and quietly put them on the shelf to warn off other potential buyers. I did enjoy that

    I think that from now on, I will have to get in the habit of taking any Chinese crap that breaks within 1 month of buying setting it up at their door in pieces with a sign indicating what a piece of junk it is.

  7. #17

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Burgerboy View Post
    I know what you mean. I posted reviews on the absolute piece of junk reflex wipers and the absolute piece of junk Mosquito Mega catch Ultra and suprise suprise, neither review was posted.

    Alot of electronics retailers allow objective reviews on their websites (Tigerdirect, NCIX) but Canadian Tire's reviews are definitely biased and not worth the time to view.

    I've noticed how alot of items now say "Imported by Canadian Tire" instead of printing that the crap is actually all made in China.

    Oh well, you get whay you pay for. I took the reflex wipers, bent the crap out of them, made a sign indicating what absolute garbage they are, and brought them back into the store and quietly put them on the shelf to warn off other potential buyers. I did enjoy that

    I think that from now on, I will have to get in the habit of taking any Chinese crap that breaks within 1 month of buying setting it up at their door in pieces with a sign indicating what a piece of junk it is.
    Although I underrstand EXACTLY how you feel, I would like to stress that the blame does not rest on the Chinese for building crap, but with Canadian Tire's buyers for specifying crap from these manufacturers in the first place, to maximize their profits. Just look carefully at any high end electronic device these days... That's right, it's made in China...

    Remember, Canadian Tire didn't become the super profitable chain it is now by accident. And they didn't get their name "Crappy Tire" by accident either.

  8. #18
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Faithful View Post
    Although I underrstand EXACTLY how you feel, I would like to stress that the blame does not rest on the Chinese for building crap, but with Canadian Tire's buyers for specifying crap from these manufacturers in the first place, to maximize their profits. Just look carefully at any high end electronic device these days... That's right, it's made in China...

    Remember, Canadian Tire didn't become the super profitable chain it is now by accident. And they didn't get their name "Crappy Tire" by accident either.
    But why stop the blame there!!! Lets blame the consumer for wanting a cheap alternative, and then lets blame dollar stores for selling cheap stuff and supporting this scam. :0 and then lets blame zellars too they sell half the same stuff!!! those bastards. Oh shit and we got to get rid of Sears dammit it!!! After all Mastercraft is made by the people who do Craftsman and Mastercraft maxiumum is the same as sears professional. And lets not forget exide they supply over half the batties in north america but we better just single out CT for using them. .......... need i go on? You get what you pay for, when you buy something that is obviously cheap you get something that is cheap. CT sells cheap stuff and good stuff like anyother place. If you buy jobmate tools and siminonize pressure washers instead of Maximum and Briggs and Straton guess what.... its not going to last. All the big stores have a range of quality and all the stores use buying power to increase there profit margin. Futureshop (or best buy) is one of the worst for this most of there accessories are OVER %80 markup. Thats called buying power and it still comes from china!!!!!

  9. #19

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    But why stop the blame there!!! Lets blame the consumer for wanting a cheap alternative, and then lets blame dollar stores for selling cheap stuff and supporting this scam. :0 and then lets blame zellars too they sell half the same stuff!!! those bastards. Oh shit and we got to get rid of Sears dammit it!!! After all Mastercraft is made by the people who do Craftsman and Mastercraft maxiumum is the same as sears professional. And lets not forget exide they supply over half the batties in north america but we better just single out CT for using them. .......... need i go on? You get what you pay for, when you buy something that is obviously cheap you get something that is cheap.
    "You get what you pay for"? Don't make me laugh with this BS... Go ahead and compare... Crappy Tire sells the same junk as the dollar stores... And charges a premium for it... We all know Exide and Johnson Controls manufacture all car batteries... Yet Crappy Tire sells them for significantly more money than Walmart... And they sell the low end chinese convenience stuff for twice as much as the dollar stores do...

    "You get what you pay for"... What a mind job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    CT sells cheap stuff and good stuff like anyother place. If you buy jobmate tools and siminonize pressure washers instead of Maximum and Briggs and Straton guess what.... its not going to last.
    Yeah, sure... Briggs and Stratton, Quality? I must be dreaming! Yep, let's blame the consumer for being so gullible and so well trained by the marketers... Brother!

  10. #20
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Faithful View Post
    "You get what you pay for"? Don't make me laugh with this BS... Go ahead and compare... Crappy Tire sells the same junk as the dollar stores... And charges a premium for it... We all know Exide and Johnson Controls manufacture all car batteries... Yet Crappy Tire sells them for significantly more money than Walmart... And they sell the low end chinese convenience stuff for twice as much as the dollar stores do...

    "You get what you pay for"... What a mind job!


    Yeah, sure... Briggs and Stratton, Quality? I must be dreaming! Yep, let's blame the consumer for being so gullible and so well trained by the marketers... Brother!
    Also sells the same stuff as walmart and zellers and sears and not for a significantly higher price there cheif, check your shit before you open your mouth. And yes you get what you pay for! universal truth! if you are unwilling to accept that your dumber than i thought.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Who needs service at least not @ Canadiantire
    By yohan in forum Canadian Tire 10031 McLaughlin Rd, Brampton, ON
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2009, 01:08 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions