Page 1 of 3 123 Last
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

  1. #1

    canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    Well, this is my first post here and as I did not find any reference to the canadiantire.ca website and its so called user reviews, I thought I'd chime in...

    This is based on my actual experience, but I will spare you the details. You can always respond if you want to learn more.

    In a few words, I strongly advise anyone looking for reviews on any Canadian Tire product to NOT trust what they read on the canadiantire.ca website! Why? because the user reviews are censored!

    Just take a good look at any reviews on products, and tell me if you find any critical factual reporting... You got that right: if it's negative, you won't see it there! I can hear you say ;'but there are some negatives...' Sure there are! But look closely, they only publish those negative reviews that suggest the problem with the product is caused by the user... Reviews that show an actual flaw with the product line (instead of simply an isolated case) are NEVER published!

    Why? because factual information is the enemy of any marketer who has a sales quota to fill and a stock of junk to liquidate from a warehouse!

    Now, I don't object to the marketer's job, but I do strongly object at using false pretenses to promote a product, especially, willfully misleading prospective consumers. And I name the guilty party: the canadiantire.ca censors, who, under false political correctness pretenses, lie to the public, presenting biased information under the label or 'user reviews'.

    So, next time you read a product review on canadiantire.ca, remember that what you read is what they want you to read.

  2. #2

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    ? i would really like you to find any company out there that would allow negative feed back on there own website. Ever dealt with apple? Now there is a truly evil company, they intentionally sell untested and faulty product because it is cheaper and more effective and faster than actual product testing. Why spend money on product testing when millions of people can do it for you.

  3. #3
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by guiver View Post
    ? i would really like you to find any company out there that would allow negative feed back on there own website. Ever dealt with apple? Now there is a truly evil company, they intentionally sell untested and faulty product because it is cheaper and more effective and faster than actual product testing. Why spend money on product testing when millions of people can do it for you.
    This isn't an "Apple sucks" forum, idiot. Don't try to deflect from Canadian Tire's crap by telling us about Apple.

  4. #4

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    wow... i was simply stating a fact and making a comparison. Interesting how you found it necessary to directly insult me. hrm... let me take a stab at it... you are a pathetic piece of miserable shit you good for nothing fucktard

  5. #5

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    guiver, although I understand your frustrations (believe me, I do, and I also understand your cynicism 100%!), don't sweat it too much, such is the nature of internet postings. You probably would have avoided all this if you hadn't made a reference to another company (Although it can strike others as off-topic, as you found out, as a matter of fact I agree with you completely about Apple).

    In any case, I was simply trying to make a point concerning how canadiantire.ca (and probably other sites as well, as you quite pertinently pointed out) DISHONESTLY MANIPULATES PUBLIC OPINION using some user opinions and presenting them in such a way as to make it appear it represents reality when in fact IT ONLY REPRESENTS THE REALITY THEY WISH TO PRESENT TO THE PUBLIC.

    Although I fully understand your point that is should be obvious, it certainly isn't so to most people (I have had feedback to that effect in other internet postings I made), and I still believe this is a valid denunciation of abuse by Canadian Tire, that canadiatire.ca LIES TO THE PUBLIC.

    There is a term for that: FALSE PUBLICITY, and it is ACTIONABLE. I Just wanted to add this clarification.

  6. #6
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by guiver View Post
    wow... i was simply stating a fact and making a comparison. Interesting how you found it necessary to directly insult me. hrm... let me take a stab at it... you are a pathetic piece of miserable shit you good for nothing fucktard
    Anyone who uses the term "fucktard" is a RETARD.
    Just to enlighten you, if you ever called me that to my face, you'd look like a jack o'lantern when I was through with you.

  7. #7
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0164's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone who uses the term "fucktard" is a RETARD.
    Just to enlighten you, if you ever called me that to my face, you'd look like a jack o'lantern when I was through with you.
    Big words from a pathetic man, and you started it dipshit

  8. #8
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Big words from a pathetic man, and you started it dipshit
    Check again, asshole. Old Faithful posted a legitimate piece and then you started chiming in with your bullshit.

  9. #9

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    Um... you check again asshole. I didn't insult and i do believe i had a valid point. This is how debates work. You (in true dipshit inbred style) simple insulted me.... Then you threatned me!

  10. #10

    Re: canadiantire.ca 'user' reviews... NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by guiver View Post
    ? i would really like you to find any company out there that would allow negative feed back on there own website.
    There are websites that are much more democratic than others. Those at canadiantire.ca are truly at the bottom of the pit. Check epinions, amazon, newegg, etc. They do not censor REVIEWS, they only censor LANGUAGE (even then, they don't censor much).

    On the other hand, canadiantire.ca has decided that it must enforce a policy of political correctness so as not to appear to 'offend' the companies they buy products from. I am not inventing this... I have 4 in-depth reviews about the Deluxe car Shelter (warning about its lack of bracing, its fundamental design flaw), the Bushmaster Spotting Scope (three units I tried exhibited the exact same severe coma aberration, an obvious design or production run flaw), the Celestron 15x70 binoculars (and excellent, sharp pair of binoculars that otherwise suffers from chromatic fringing off axis and is grossly overpriced at Canadian Tire's regular price) and the Maximum Universal Socket Set (with severely undersized handles pointing out it's designed for very light use only)...

    These types of reviews would NEVER be pulled from a site like Amazon or Newegg, even less likely from Epinions...

    I'll gladly send these reviews to anyone who is interested, along with the emails I got from the website censors to explain their decisions!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Who needs service at least not @ Canadiantire
    By yohan in forum Canadian Tire 10031 McLaughlin Rd, Brampton, ON
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2009, 01:08 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions