Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: I work at canadian tire listen to what i have to say

  1. #1

    I work at canadian tire listen to what i have to say

    i work at canadian tire in ontario and it is the worst place to work in town.
    we recently had a major changeover in our store, we have recieved a new "owner" of the store. i am personally going on my 3rd year of working there and i hate it!
    i have worked at that crap hole for 2 years longer then the new owner of the store so you would think i would maybe know the ~small town of 7500 people~ a little better then this new city boy who never even heard of the town till he was forcefully moved here.
    but no, he has repeatedly called employee's, managers, even customers idoits, made racial comments, ive been called every name in the book by this guy. we started haveing issues after i simply asked to go over with him my bank statement because i miss read and thought i had approximatly 500$ taken from my account and put into they're account.
    honest mistake so i appologized for takeing his time and confronting him on it which i thought to be very polite and i was respectfull in my mind.
    apparently not because his remark was "whatever you say" then in a quieter voice to the manager, who he called into his office to help discuss. regardless of my request for a priviate talk. he stated "i cant believe the previous owner hired such a fuck up, he must have been a peice of work" to which i repiled "sorry what did you say" and he replied "nothing that concernes you now get back to work you've already wasted enough time, in fact you will not be takeing your afternoon break for this time we have wasted"
    from then on, approx 2 years ago, we have been nothing but rude to oneanother till this present day while i still remain employed at CTC. ~i would be out of that craphole but our small town is running out of jobs and believe me ive applied everywhere else in town but no one is hireing~
    i have been suprised, being a student that i have not been fired yet due to some of the things he says to me directly or behind my back
    "your just a student you can be replaced like that" followed by him snapping his fingers at me
    my "luck" of keeping my job has been all due to the manager. i am his official right hand man, in fact the other 40 employees simply refer to my title rather then hardware department, as the bitch boy
    he leaves me with the tasks of 5 other students that he has assigned to work under me, makeing me somewhat a manager, with all the stress and duties to go with it, although missing out on any benifits, raise in pay or respect!
    i have been makeing minimum wage for 3 years now although older employees, who work about half as hard (admitted by the manager himself) get annual 6 month raises. they're excuse every time for not giving me a raise is "oh well minimum wage went up so thats enough of a raise for the ammount of work you do" to which i reply "so would i recieve that raise if the government wasnt forceing it on you?" to which the typical reply is "we are done here" or "your dismissed"
    we do 2x the work of regular employees of other franchises for 1/2 the pay not to mention the crappy hours, but hey maybe thats why they call it crappy tire
    before the new owners day we had approximatly 100 employees even during the slow months now the new owner has reduced it to 35-40 employees year round, people work more shifts with longer hours with higher workloads causing extra stress, frustration and especially friction between employees
    And who suffers from all this? The CUSTOMER
    in my day i have acually seen a fight break out between employees a supervisor and an employee non the less!
    a supervisor (just below the manager on the canadian tire food chain) caught throwing products around the warehouse, sometimes at other employees gets a slap on the wrist but when anyone else so much as dropps a product they are fired on the spot, in front of customers, employees or not.
    someone acually got fired from my store for driving to fast in the parking lot. it was the guys 2nd day like comon! thats not even a chance!
    i have worked with people for less then a day before they quit!
    a guy worked in the sporting department for 2 hours then quit! he said he could not take the drama and the stress for any longer then that! instead of firing a person at the begining of her shift they let her work from 9am to about quarter to 8pm when they let her know that she was being let go. they waited for it to slow down so that they wouldnt need her services anymore! WHAT A JOKE
    the new owner has recieved a title as an asshole in town, which in a small town of only 2 major franchises (WAL MART and Canadian Tire) that can really hurt business. he of course blames it on the customer service people recieve from us employees, meanwhile he comes up with rediculess rules such as 3 minutes per customer unless they are spending over 100$, then it is raised to 5 minutes!! THAT IS NOT PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL!!

    In conclusion, hitler isnt dead, hes the owner of our branch of Canadian Tire and my boss >8(
    DONT SHOP AT CANADIAN TIRE YOUR SUPPORTING ASSHOLES and their right to remain assholes

  2. #2
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I work at canadian tire listen to what i have to say

    Yikes....if even one tenth of what you say is true, then I truly feel badly for you; however, experience has taught most of us that the truth probably lies somewhere inbetween what you feel and what is reality. I will say that throughout my career, I've had some pretty awful bosses....I liked where I worked, just couldn't stand the idiot I worked for. Part of growing up is understanding that you can't always choose your boss...you can; however, choose whether to work there, learn to manage around an idiot, or simply man up and work better than you're peers to get further ahead...all you're choice at the end. If anyone, and I mean anyone, has an excellent work ethic, goals and can take constructive criticism....I don't care where you work....there is opportunity for you to make $$. If, on the other hand, you expect the world "owes" you something....have a nice life, because you will always feel the pressure most underachievers do.
    And if you are truly working hard and it is not appreciated....get the f*&K out before you get jaded on real employers.

  3. #3
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0196's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I work at canadian tire listen to what i have to say

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yikes....if even one tenth of what you say is true, then I truly feel badly for you; however, experience has taught most of us that the truth probably lies somewhere inbetween what you feel and what is reality. I will say that throughout my career, I've had some pretty awful bosses....I liked where I worked, just couldn't stand the idiot I worked for. Part of growing up is understanding that you can't always choose your boss...you can; however, choose whether to work there, learn to manage around an idiot, or simply man up and work better than you're peers to get further ahead...all you're choice at the end. If anyone, and I mean anyone, has an excellent work ethic, goals and can take constructive criticism....I don't care where you work....there is opportunity for you to make $$. If, on the other hand, you expect the world "owes" you something....have a nice life, because you will always feel the pressure most underachievers do.
    And if you are truly working hard and it is not appreciated....get the f*&K out before you get jaded on real employers.
    WTF does "man up" mean? Is the original poster a woman and needs a sex change operation?
    Also, learn the difference between "you're" and "your".

  4. #4
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0196's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I work at canadian tire listen to what i have to say

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If anyone, and I mean anyone, has an excellent work ethic, goals and can take constructive criticism....I don't care where you work....there is opportunity for you to make $$. If, on the other hand, you expect the world "owes" you something....have a nice life, because you will always feel the pressure most underachievers do.
    And if you are truly working hard and it is not appreciated....get the f*&K out before you get jaded on real employers.
    You contradicted yourself. You adamantly claim that it doesn't matter where you work, ANYONE has the opportunity to make money if they work hard. You follow that up with, "And if you are truly working hard and it is not appreciated....get the f*&K out before you get jaded on real employers."
    Well which is it? It can't be both.

  5. #5
    Muggle
    Guest Muggle's Avatar

    Angry Re: I work at canadian tire listen to what i have to say.

    Quote Originally Posted by IH8CTC View Post
    i work at canadian tire in ontario and it is the worst place to work in town.
    we recently had a major changeover in our store, we have recieved a new "owner" of the store. i am personally going on my 3rd year of working there and i hate it!
    i have worked at that crap hole for 2 years longer then the new owner of the store so you would think i would maybe know the ~small town of 7500 people~ a little better then this new city boy who never even heard of the town till he was forcefully moved here.
    but no, he has repeatedly called employee's, managers, even customers idoits, made racial comments, ive been called every name in the book by this guy. we started haveing issues after i simply asked to go over with him my bank statement because i miss read and thought i had approximatly 500$ taken from my account and put into they're account.
    honest mistake so i appologized for takeing his time and confronting him on it which i thought to be very polite and i was respectfull in my mind.
    apparently not because his remark was "whatever you say" then in a quieter voice to the manager, who he called into his office to help discuss. regardless of my request for a priviate talk. he stated "i cant believe the previous owner hired such a fuck up, he must have been a peice of work" to which i repiled "sorry what did you say" and he replied "nothing that concernes you now get back to work you've already wasted enough time, in fact you will not be takeing your afternoon break for this time we have wasted"
    from then on, approx 2 years ago, we have been nothing but rude to oneanother till this present day while i still remain employed at CTC. ~i would be out of that craphole but our small town is running out of jobs and believe me ive applied everywhere else in town but no one is hireing~
    i have been suprised, being a student that i have not been fired yet due to some of the things he says to me directly or behind my back
    "your just a student you can be replaced like that" followed by him snapping his fingers at me
    my "luck" of keeping my job has been all due to the manager. i am his official right hand man, in fact the other 40 employees simply refer to my title rather then hardware department, as the bitch boy
    he leaves me with the tasks of 5 other students that he has assigned to work under me, makeing me somewhat a manager, with all the stress and duties to go with it, although missing out on any benifits, raise in pay or respect!
    i have been makeing minimum wage for 3 years now although older employees, who work about half as hard (admitted by the manager himself) get annual 6 month raises. they're excuse every time for not giving me a raise is "oh well minimum wage went up so thats enough of a raise for the ammount of work you do" to which i reply "so would i recieve that raise if the government wasnt forceing it on you?" to which the typical reply is "we are done here" or "your dismissed"
    we do 2x the work of regular employees of other franchises for 1/2 the pay not to mention the crappy hours, but hey maybe thats why they call it crappy tire
    before the new owners day we had approximatly 100 employees even during the slow months now the new owner has reduced it to 35-40 employees year round, people work more shifts with longer hours with higher workloads causing extra stress, frustration and especially friction between employees
    And who suffers from all this? The CUSTOMER
    in my day i have acually seen a fight break out between employees a supervisor and an employee non the less!
    a supervisor (just below the manager on the canadian tire food chain) caught throwing products around the warehouse, sometimes at other employees gets a slap on the wrist but when anyone else so much as dropps a product they are fired on the spot, in front of customers, employees or not.
    someone acually got fired from my store for driving to fast in the parking lot. it was the guys 2nd day like comon! thats not even a chance!
    i have worked with people for less then a day before they quit!
    a guy worked in the sporting department for 2 hours then quit! he said he could not take the drama and the stress for any longer then that! instead of firing a person at the begining of her shift they let her work from 9am to about quarter to 8pm when they let her know that she was being let go. they waited for it to slow down so that they wouldnt need her services anymore! WHAT A JOKE
    the new owner has recieved a title as an asshole in town, which in a small town of only 2 major franchises (WAL MART and Canadian Tire) that can really hurt business. he of course blames it on the customer service people recieve from us employees, meanwhile he comes up with rediculess rules such as 3 minutes per customer unless they are spending over 100$, then it is raised to 5 minutes!! THAT IS NOT PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL!!

    In conclusion, hitler isnt dead, hes the owner of our branch of Canadian Tire and my boss >8(
    DONT SHOP AT CANADIAN TIRE YOUR SUPPORTING ASSHOLES and their right to remain assholes
    ************************************************** ****************************

    Yes, & not only that, if you decide to quit, you may get a poor recommendation if you add CT to your resume from your jerky manager.
    My Kid worked @ CT & not only were the shifts very short (one per week!) & the money poor, she was not allowed any store discounts as she was supposed to get as an employee. She was allowed Nothing on her employee discount. They even questioned the fact of her doing her own laundry! (Yes she does, & has done since she was 13.) No overtime, even during Xmas. About $35.00/week take home pay! No chance of a better job or more money.

    She had the job that Nobody else wanted to do, she was treated badly both as an employee & as an ex-employee.
    Her immediate managers were happy with her work but Somebody from there kept giving her bad reports to any new prospective employers.

    I hate that place & don't purchase Anything there anymore! (They lose over $5000.00 a year & that's a conservative figure in car repairs & other purchases. I hope their manager is as Happy as he is vindictive!)

  6. #6
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I work at canadian tire listen to what i have to say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muggle View Post
    ************************************************** ****************************

    Yes, & not only that, if you decide to quit, you may get a poor recommendation if you add CT to your resume from your jerky manager.
    My Kid worked @ CT & not only were the shifts very short (one per week!) & the money poor, she was not allowed any store discounts as she was supposed to get as an employee. She was allowed Nothing on her employee discount. They even questioned the fact of her doing her own laundry! (Yes she does, & has done since she was 13.) No overtime, even during Xmas. About $35.00/week take home pay! No chance of a better job or more money.

    She had the job that Nobody else wanted to do, she was treated badly both as an employee & as an ex-employee.
    Her immediate managers were happy with her work but Somebody from there kept giving her bad reports to any new prospective employers.

    I hate that place & don't purchase Anything there anymore! (They lose over $5000.00 a year & that's a conservative figure in car repairs & other purchases. I hope their manager is as Happy as he is vindictive!)
    Well clearly your kid was a putz not even good enough for CT, if she was only getting few shifts like that she was clearly a shitty employee.

  7. #7
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I work at canadian tire listen to what i have to say

    Quote Originally Posted by IH8CTC View Post
    i work at canadian tire in ontario and it is the worst place to work in town.
    we recently had a major changeover in our store, we have recieved a new "owner" of the store. i am personally going on my 3rd year of working there and i hate it!
    i have worked at that crap hole for 2 years longer then the new owner of the store so you would think i would maybe know the ~small town of 7500 people~ a little better then this new city boy who never even heard of the town till he was forcefully moved here.
    but no, he has repeatedly called employee's, managers, even customers idoits, made racial comments, ive been called every name in the book by this guy. we started haveing issues after i simply asked to go over with him my bank statement because i miss read and thought i had approximatly 500$ taken from my account and put into they're account.
    honest mistake so i appologized for takeing his time and confronting him on it which i thought to be very polite and i was respectfull in my mind.
    apparently not because his remark was "whatever you say" then in a quieter voice to the manager, who he called into his office to help discuss. regardless of my request for a priviate talk. he stated "i cant believe the previous owner hired such a fuck up, he must have been a peice of work" to which i repiled "sorry what did you say" and he replied "nothing that concernes you now get back to work you've already wasted enough time, in fact you will not be takeing your afternoon break for this time we have wasted"
    from then on, approx 2 years ago, we have been nothing but rude to oneanother till this present day while i still remain employed at CTC. ~i would be out of that craphole but our small town is running out of jobs and believe me ive applied everywhere else in town but no one is hireing~
    i have been suprised, being a student that i have not been fired yet due to some of the things he says to me directly or behind my back
    "your just a student you can be replaced like that" followed by him snapping his fingers at me
    my "luck" of keeping my job has been all due to the manager. i am his official right hand man, in fact the other 40 employees simply refer to my title rather then hardware department, as the bitch boy
    he leaves me with the tasks of 5 other students that he has assigned to work under me, makeing me somewhat a manager, with all the stress and duties to go with it, although missing out on any benifits, raise in pay or respect!
    i have been makeing minimum wage for 3 years now although older employees, who work about half as hard (admitted by the manager himself) get annual 6 month raises. they're excuse every time for not giving me a raise is "oh well minimum wage went up so thats enough of a raise for the ammount of work you do" to which i reply "so would i recieve that raise if the government wasnt forceing it on you?" to which the typical reply is "we are done here" or "your dismissed"
    we do 2x the work of regular employees of other franchises for 1/2 the pay not to mention the crappy hours, but hey maybe thats why they call it crappy tire
    before the new owners day we had approximatly 100 employees even during the slow months now the new owner has reduced it to 35-40 employees year round, people work more shifts with longer hours with higher workloads causing extra stress, frustration and especially friction between employees
    And who suffers from all this? The CUSTOMER
    in my day i have acually seen a fight break out between employees a supervisor and an employee non the less!
    a supervisor (just below the manager on the canadian tire food chain) caught throwing products around the warehouse, sometimes at other employees gets a slap on the wrist but when anyone else so much as dropps a product they are fired on the spot, in front of customers, employees or not.
    someone acually got fired from my store for driving to fast in the parking lot. it was the guys 2nd day like comon! thats not even a chance!
    i have worked with people for less then a day before they quit!
    a guy worked in the sporting department for 2 hours then quit! he said he could not take the drama and the stress for any longer then that! instead of firing a person at the begining of her shift they let her work from 9am to about quarter to 8pm when they let her know that she was being let go. they waited for it to slow down so that they wouldnt need her services anymore! WHAT A JOKE
    the new owner has recieved a title as an asshole in town, which in a small town of only 2 major franchises (WAL MART and Canadian Tire) that can really hurt business. he of course blames it on the customer service people recieve from us employees, meanwhile he comes up with rediculess rules such as 3 minutes per customer unless they are spending over 100$, then it is raised to 5 minutes!! THAT IS NOT PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL!!

    In conclusion, hitler isnt dead, hes the owner of our branch of Canadian Tire and my boss >8(
    DONT SHOP AT CANADIAN TIRE YOUR SUPPORTING ASSHOLES and their right to remain assholes
    You are a moron... the fact you are complaining here and not going to labor relations proves that none of this has really happened... or hapened the way you say. You are nothing but a whiney bitch who thinks that the world owes him something, ive met dozens of you. Wise up dipshit your choosing to work there!!! If you dont like it quit or if you cant get another job and you have to work there it just shows that you suck Oh and FYI all bussinesses fire pe ople at the end of the shift!!!!!! One way or the other you are legaly responsible for paying them for the full day. Also firing people on the spot is illegal and if this is happeneing people should be going to the labor board. You require just cause to fire someone. Get your head out of your ass before you open your mouth next time becasue its full of shit!!!

  8. #8
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I work at canadian tire listen to what i have to say

    I worked at Canadian Tire for 5 years, and I think you exaggerated. I'm sorry if the world doesn't revolve around you but I have to say you sound like you really suck as an employee. I don't believe in most of the things you said. I do think that working at Canadian Tire is a rather brutal experience-- but not in the way you expressed.
    My problem was specifically with upper management-- the expectations for those who make minimum wage are way too high. But, I got stuck working so hard because they hire kids who are lazy, and just do not work. I was mistreated because other people were so lazy that my boss had to rely on me solely.
    I started off as a cashier and all I have to say is they all suck, I mean the cashiers are either all bimbos or are faking it at least. Customer Service was my favourite to work and I think I treated all customers like "friends" of canadian tire, i attempted to build relationships. But the kids would come in, and they would DO NOTHING and then I was stuck cleaning, helping and fixing their problems.
    I was eventually moved into hardware and seasonal, and I was expected to do a lot of heavy lifting that I could not do (I am girl who is 5'3") and was expected to move tool boxes, lawn mowers, table saws, etc on my own. I was threatened to be fired because "I couldn't handle it".
    Eventually I became nicknamed the general managers bitch because instead of giving his work to the managers he gave me all his work. He got the credit, and I did all the work. Upper management sucks because they didn't do their jobs, they didn't regulate the youth/staff, and they expected more from me then they should have.
    For minimum wage, it just wasn't worth it.
    But by no means was i threatened or harassed in anyway. Thats why I think you are exaggerating.

  9. #9
    Domingo1
    Guest Domingo1's Avatar

    Re: I work at canadian tire listen to what i have to say

    If ever there were a company that deserved to have a union get in it's Canadian Tire, truely a vile company. The employees are usually IDIOTS and now we know why. They hire idiots, the ones that aren't are treated like idiots and the ones that should be fired don't get fired which in the end a reflection of how bad the management is.

  10. #10

    Re: I work at canadian tire listen to what i have to say

    If you are looking for good employees, pay them properly and treat them human beings and you will get some.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Similar Threads

  1. "Do you work here??"
    By CT_MANAGER in forum Employees Speak Out
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2011, 01:19 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions