Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Customers Suck

  1. #11
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0164's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Customers Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRZ View Post
    Costco? Weekly for the last fifteen years (it was Price Club before, but same efficient staff). The gas grill? I bought it there because of the good service I received when I bought an $8500 wood fireplace two years ago. I also went out of my way to recommend them to two other people who bought the identical unit. Audio/video? Been shopping at the same store over twenty years, and they know me by name. Are they the cheapest? Nope. Customer service? Check.

    It ads up.

    Any one of them ever make me feel like a putz? What do you think?


    Also feels good not having to say I have to settle for working in a $hithole like CT. I don't think anyone works there by choice.
    im not saying people make you feel like a putz. Im saying you are a putz

  2. #12
    Member RogerRZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miramichi, NB
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Customers Suck

    A puts with lots of disposable income, none of which will ever be spent at CT? I can live with that. :-)

    ON that note, you know what they say about arguing on the internet...

  3. #13

    Re: Customers Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRZ View Post
    As a customer I suck. If that's the case, I'll just take my money elsewhere. Today, I bought a $1000 gas grill at a store renowned for good customer service (before and after sale). I also spent $350 at Costco. 75 people at the checkout, less than 5 minute wait.

    I will be a repeat customer at both spots. They appreciate my money, and don't give me the runaround. They also seem to be doing pretty well for themselves.
    Perhaps I did my math incorrectly but what was their secret to runnning each customer thru their till in only 4 seconds? ;-) In order to get 75 customers thru a till within 5 mins would mean each customer would take no more than 4 seconds :-)

  4. #14
    Member RogerRZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miramichi, NB
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Customers Suck

    I'm gonna drop a bombshell, something totally foreign to most CT managers/operators. It's not that hard to do, but you'd think it was:



































    They open extra checkouts.

  5. #15

    Re: Customers Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRZ View Post
    I'm gonna drop a bombshell, something totally foreign to most CT managers/operators. It's not that hard to do, but you'd think it was:

    they open extra checkouts.

    You did not say they opened more tills so it is assumed you were referring to one lane :-)

    But people do have to also understand that not ANYONE can jump on a till.. Each person is assigned cashier numbers which no one else can use (including managers) and are responsible for their own floats. It might not necessarily be that "managers" did not want to throw another person on the till, the fact could very well likely be that they don't HAVE any extra cashiers to open a till at that time.

    Each "float" is counted, and assigned to each cashier. No one else can/nor allowed to use their cashier numbers (most people, including managers don't even know nor have access to the cashier cashier numbers and "code".

    The tills are LOCKED and cannot be unlocked without that cashiers number (username/password in a sense).

  6. #16
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0230's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Customers Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by CT_MANAGER View Post
    You did not say they opened more tills so it is assumed you were referring to one lane :-)

    But people do have to also understand that not ANYONE can jump on a till.. Each person is assigned cashier numbers which no one else can use (including managers) and are responsible for their own floats. It might not necessarily be that "managers" did not want to throw another person on the till, the fact could very well likely be that they don't HAVE any extra cashiers to open a till at that time.

    Each "float" is counted, and assigned to each cashier. No one else can/nor allowed to use their cashier numbers (most people, including managers don't even know nor have access to the cashier cashier numbers and "code".

    The tills are LOCKED and cannot be unlocked without that cashiers number (username/password in a sense).
    You just need to open a few more tills the first day of your flyer sale. After that whatever is in your flyer is not available in your store. Try selling what you advertise.

  7. #17
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Customers Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by CT_MANAGER View Post
    You did not say they opened more tills so it is assumed you were referring to one lane :-)

    But people do have to also understand that not ANYONE can jump on a till.. Each person is assigned cashier numbers which no one else can use (including managers) and are responsible for their own floats. It might not necessarily be that "managers" did not want to throw another person on the till, the fact could very well likely be that they don't HAVE any extra cashiers to open a till at that time.

    Each "float" is counted, and assigned to each cashier. No one else can/nor allowed to use their cashier numbers (most people, including managers don't even know nor have access to the cashier cashier numbers and "code".

    The tills are LOCKED and cannot be unlocked without that cashiers number (username/password in a sense).
    Lol and they are comparing to Costco????? Costco has more cashier lanes than any store i have ever seen and i have never seen them run more than two!!!! Even if the line up is an hour plus!?!?!?! And ass for Costco customer service? they are a warehouse they dont have any. They only good thing about costco (other than the prices and free food sampels) is the awesome return policy the USED to have. But guess what people its as tough as anywhere else now becasue you theiveing consumers took advantage of it

  8. #18
    Member RogerRZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miramichi, NB
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Customers Suck

    An hour at Costco? Never saw it. In Moncton, I've never ever, not even in the busiest of times, seen any more than an 8-10 minute wait. No customer service on the floor? When you don't lock half your goods behind a glass cabinet, you don't need any.

  9. #19

    Re: Customers Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRZ View Post
    An hour at Costco? Never saw it. In Moncton, I've never ever, not even in the busiest of times, seen any more than an 8-10 minute wait. No customer service on the floor? When you don't lock half your goods behind a glass cabinet, you don't need any.
    That is because Costco checks your merchandise at the door. Costco is also a a company that requires a membership and is usually more given advantage to those who shop in bulk (ie. for their business)

  10. #20
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Customers Suck

    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRZ View Post
    An hour at Costco? Never saw it. In Moncton, I've never ever, not even in the busiest of times, seen any more than an 8-10 minute wait. No customer service on the floor? When you don't lock half your goods behind a glass cabinet, you don't need any.
    Wow you east coast guys are lucky! Ive been in ten or so costco's in the lowermain land and line ups are well known to be long. But still tottally willing to put up with it for certain bulk items.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Poll: Does Canadian Tire Suck?
    By Admin in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: December 9th, 2017, 01:15 PM
  2. Canadian Tire Knows they suck
    By Admin in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 19th, 2011, 09:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions