Page 21 of 88 First ... 1119202122233171 ... Last
Results 201 to 210 of 877

Thread: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

  1. #201
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    your an idiot and a liar

    ct jerk who doesnt even know their own rules

    nobody says unlocked you cant even type

    ct web site says original condition for any kind of refund or exchange - read it yourself

    costco doesnt screw customers like ct does - jerk



    it will matter to ct - they will say screw you its not in original conditon

    anyway if its repair only you are screwed either way



    you are a liar and a jerk

    maybe 30 days for electric for cts own 1-800 number says the customer is screwed on gas powered - call the number





    got the facts straight - thanks for showing what liars all ct reps are though.



    nobody will believe anything you say - you ct jerks are all liars

    even if you are right it just means ct cheats more canadians than any other retailer

    better to buy this or anything else for costco

    liar

    jerk


    I bet every CT store out there thanks you for not shopping there. And I am sure all other retailers love people like you. You are a treasure. Good for you.

  2. #202
    Active Member DavidLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I bet every CT store out there thanks you for not shopping there. And I am sure all other retailers love people like you. You are a treasure. Good for you.
    Here we see the entire "Canadian Tire Experience" repeated yet again:

    - Naive customer is lulled into thinking CT is a good, all-Canadian store.
    - CT stabs the loyal customer in the back over a trivial issue.
    - Once-loyal customer becomes righteously angered over the petty betrayal.
    - CT responds by further persecuting the innocent victim.

    The scenario plays itself out so often, that store now post signs near the "Bad News Center" (i.e. the Returns Desk), to pre-admonish those who are destined to cry out in predictable outrage at their ill-treatment.

    Perhaps a sign over the entrance reading simply, "BOHICA" would be more apt.

    The whole, sad plot line was echoed just this morning, on another thread. The disreputable chain lost an entire Home Church of customers, by deliberately breaking the seal on an unopened box:

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I tried returning a set of dishes

  3. #203
    Active Member DavidLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Recently I took a look at the refund policies at Costco for defective items.

    Recall that I'm asking all major retailers the following question about pressure washers and lawn mowers:
    "If I take it home and it doesn't work, how much time do I have to get a refund?"
    Costco got a grade of “A” (Refunds Provided), because things like pressure washers and lawn mowers will be refunded if they are defective, for at least 30 days.

    That destroyed the theory that “other companies in the same business selling the same products as ct have the same procedure”.

    Today I’m looking at the refund and exchange policies of Walmart Canada.

    Is Walmart as good as Costco, which charges a membership fee?

    Or does “Canadian Tire, Walmart, ….and others have some variation of the same return policy.....”?

    I.e., will Walmart do as CT does, and refuse a refund for some items, even if they are defective?

    Let’s see.

    1 – Store Web Site

    The official Walmart refund/exchange policies is here:
    It says:

    “If a customer wishes to conduct an exchange or refund on returned merchandise, Walmart Canada will permit the exchange or refund in accordance with the following chart and description below:

    Interesting. It talks about what the customer wishes, not what the store wishes. So, it would seem to be at the discretion of the customer. But maybe Walmart will decide for you?

    Well, let’s look at the chart:
    “Within 30 days of purchase … Outdoor power equipment “
    I’d assume this includes pressure washers and lawn mowers, but I suppose we can’t be 100% sure just yet, either.

    But at least there’s nothing there about "unopened", "unused" or "in original condition", so you should be able to try it out to see if is defective.

    But let's look at another source before drawing any conclusions.

    2 – Customer Service Line

    1-800-328-0402

    I spoke with Julie. She said that pressure washers and lawn mowers, all types, can be returned for a refund (customer's choice) if they are defective.

    I also asked about the warranty, and how that affected the refund policy. Julie said that the warranty applies after the return period is over. Huh!

    So, I’m going to give Walmart full marks:
    “A” (Refunds Provided).
    One thing to consider: if you don't want to pay for a Costco membership, the refund period at Walmart is 30 days, which is the minimum that Costco promises, so you might want to check out Walmart first.

    3 – Internet Complaints

    I searched the following text:
    canada refund "pressure washer" problem complaint walmart
    As with Costco, I put "canada" in the search to avoid U.S. complaints, but the first few links are to this thread (“Repair Only Policy" - No Refund, No Exchange).

    The first 40 hits were all over the map, with sale prices, specific models, lots of complaints (but generally about Crappy Tire!), and positive comments on Walmart’s (and Costco's) generous return policies.

    I didn't see a single complaint about a pressure washer refund from Walmart Canada. Like Costco, there might be some out there, but there certainly aren't many.

    -----

    Can we really say, “canadiantire's policy is exactly the same as all of the other retailers posted” on the CanadianTireSucks site?

    Clearly that myth has been 'busted'.

    Next I'll tell you about my visit to the store.

    Then, I'll write about Home Depot.

    Here’s a sneak preview: it’s a lot like Walmart, and Costco (but without the fee).

    And not like Crappy Tire at all.

  4. #204
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Just out of curiousity superstar, what happens at those retailers after 30 days for a lawn mower? Does it by chance go for REPAIR under warranty? I'm sure not, since that's ILLEGAL according to you and nobody would stoop to that level except canadian Tire.

    OR Are you were you wrong about the repair part and just failed to include that in your investigation because it doesn't suit your position?
    Just curious

  5. #205
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Just out of curiousity LER, please tell us what Julie told you what happens after the 30 day initial return period? Does that lawnmower by any chance go for REPAIR? Surely no company other then Canadian Tire would do that, after all it is ILLEGAL.

    OR does it in fact go for repair and you just failed accidentally of course, to report on that because it does not suit your position.

  6. #206

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just out of curiousity superstar, what happens at those retailers after 30 days for a lawn mower? Does it by chance go for REPAIR under warranty? I'm sure not, since that's ILLEGAL according to you and nobody would stoop to that level except canadian Tire.

    OR Are you were you wrong about the repair part and just failed to include that in your investigation because it doesn't suit your position?
    Just curious
    you are a liar

    nobody said it was illegal for an item to be repaired after 30 days.

    you just dont like it when people tell the truth about ct

    so you tell lies about them

    liar

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just out of curiousity LER, please tell us what Julie told you what happens after the 30 day initial return period? Does that lawnmower by any chance go for REPAIR? Surely no company other then Canadian Tire would do that, after all it is ILLEGAL.

    OR does it in fact go for repair and you just failed accidentally of course, to report on that because it does not suit your position.
    you are a liar

    nobody said it was illegal for an item to be repaired after 30 days.

    you dont even respond to the facts

    you dont like people who point out your lies

    liar

  7. #207

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    OR does it in fact go for repair and you just failed accidentally of course, to report on that because it does not suit your position.
    you are a liar

    nobody said they were going to write about warranties

    you just make up lies about other people who tell the truth

    jerk

  8. #208
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Shut up and let LER answer the question.

    After 30 days what happens to a defective gas pressure washer or mower if bought at Costco or Home Depot? Does it go for repair?

    So I love that you've taken the advice of the "minimum wage clerk" at the Costco returns desk that you all insult and slam so often if they work for Canadian Tire. Way to attempt to play both sides, you guys are absolutely priceless. Whatever suits your case or your theory is what you will believe. You operate blindly

    Noted also that in fact atleast a dozen times it has been claimed by LER that a repair policy is ILLEGAL! ILLEGAL! Against a law which nobody has yet found. So yes, it has been claimed. Research before talking, jackass

  9. #209
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    No, you shut your hole!

    Now you're putting in "after 30 days". What does your policy say when it's defective from the start? What? What's that? A little louder please. Oh that's right, repair only. And who's left holding the bag with a simoniz pressure washer, or anything crappy you sell? A little louder please?

    Why are you even comparing yourself to Costco? They're doing something right and don't screw the customer! If it's busted, get a refund. Change your mind bring it back! Doesn't fit, because there are no change rooms, get a refund! Costco STANDS UP FOR IT'S CUSTOMERS!!! If you change your mind bring it back. A few posts before a Candian Tire jerk defender mocked the membership and their policy for showing the receipts and items in the carts on the way out. Let's talk about that.

    I don't mind showing my receipt and have somebody look at my cart. It shows that the vast majority of shoppers are honest and why millions and millions of customers shop their everyday. Way more customers than crappy tires. Which says something about the way you treat your customers. You think they're all thieves/ fraudsters which is why you have a database for all returns forced onto the customer. You also deny returns if it's subjectively too many. It must be fraud you say. You also have on the spot made up restocking fees. You also go one step further beyond having your security goons look at the cart, you also go through grandma ma Judy's purse and embarrass her when you find her personal items.

    So what does a person have to do to get a refund when it's within their policy and the head office won't get involved? Drive around to another store and HOPE they give you a refund! And If they still won't? You have to go through the hassle and sue them for your money back.

    As for Costco employee's and returns, not once have I ever had a hassle. Not once has an employee accused me of renting something and refused an exchange or refund. Not once have they opened up a sealed box and accused me of returning an opened item and denying me a refund. Not a once.

    The same can't be said for all you canadian tire jerks who screw more and more people everyday with your policies, with your crappy items, and yes with your crappy people.

  10. #210
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    You ignored the question entirely!

    The claim has been that repair warranties are illegal. We so far have seen evidence that costco has a 30 day exchange policy but no indication of what happens after the 30 days. Thats all I am looking for, an answer as to what happens after 30 days. The answer is......... ? Well i'll wait for the answer since you're the expert clearly. Don't feed a bunch of your other bullshit problems into the question trying to deflect, just answer what happens after 30 days to a defective lawn mower bought at Costco Canada or Home Depot Canada?

    Do some comparisons since you're convinced how much bigger Costco (canada) is then Canadian Tire.
    Tell me how much Costco CANADA's revenue has increased vs. Canadian Tire's in FY 2010
    How many outlets does Costco have in Canada vs. Canadian Tire

    are you SURE you numbers are correcT?

Page 21 of 88 First ... 1119202122233171 ... Last

Similar Threads

  1. CTC CEO Stephen Wetmore: "Canadian Tire Sucks"
    By DavidLeR in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 21st, 2011, 10:42 PM
  2. "Do you work here??"
    By CT_MANAGER in forum Employees Speak Out
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2011, 12:19 AM
  3. I'm one of those "Bad" Canadian Tire Employees
    By Tango Anglo in forum Employees Speak Out
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2011, 08:32 PM
  4. CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.
    By Jadelakes in forum New to this site?
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: December 21st, 2010, 12:08 PM
  5. Can't return "Powerbuilt 42-in. Professional Creeper"
    By unhappyctccustomer in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 28th, 2010, 03:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions