Page 51 of 88 First ... 41495051525361 ... Last
Results 501 to 510 of 877

Thread: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

  1. #501
    Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey, look! The Jump Start site also has a "Donate" button, and asks for credit card info!

    So, CT is calling themselves "Faker Advocates", too!

    I guess that term just means "Advocate".

    Charitable vs for profit? There's a difference, you should learn it. Idiot.

  2. #502

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Charitable vs for profit? There's a difference, you should learn it. Idiot.
    It's pretty funny, when the self-appointed CT Rep's get publicly spanked, yet again.

    They like to post lies about consumers, like pretending that they even discussed "charitable" vs. "for-profit". And that consumers don't know the difference.

    But no such discusson has taken place.

    The self-appointed rep likes to try changing the subject, too.

    This time, they are trying to change the discussion of whether Jump Start meets the self-appointed rep's own definition of "faker advocate" (which it does).

    Of course, this has nothing to do with "charity" vs. "for-profit". No, it only has to do with the CT rep's own definition from May: is there a "donate" button? (yes, Jump Start has one). Also, is credit card information needed? (Yes, Jump start needs is).

    One other CT trick: insulting consumers, when the rep is losing the argument. We see that here, too.

    So typical of the self-appointed CT reps.

    They already tried this over on the "Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies" thread. Didn't work there, either, though.

  3. #503
    Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's pretty funny, when the self-appointed CT Rep's get publicly spanked, yet again.

    They like to post lies about consumers, like pretending that they even discussed "charitable" vs. "for-profit". And that consumers don't know the difference.

    But no such discusson has taken place.

    The self-appointed rep likes to try changing the subject, too.

    This time, they are trying to change the discussion of whether Jump Start meets the self-appointed rep's own definition of "faker advocate" (which it does).

    Of course, this has nothing to do with "charity" vs. "for-profit". No, it only has to do with the CT rep's own definition from May: is there a "donate" button? (yes, Jump Start has one). Also, is credit card information needed? (Yes, Jump start needs is).

    One other CT trick: insulting consumers, when the rep is losing the argument. We see that here, too.

    So typical of the self-appointed CT reps.

    They already tried this over on the "Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies" thread. Didn't work there, either, though.
    Faker advocate hates getting called on his lies every day....he's hoping he can spout his lame ass opinions unquestioned....faker advocates don't like being questioned because their false sense of self-importance is exposed for all to see....sad, really.

  4. #504

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Faker advocate hates getting called on his lies every day....he's hoping he can spout his lame ass opinions unquestioned....faker advocates don't like being questioned because their false sense of self-importance is exposed for all to see....sad, really.
    Yes, consumers, the self-appointed CT Rep continues to insult us and lie about us, and of course provides no actual evidence - just more lame guesses and unsubstantiated opinion.

    You'd think there'd be some actual lies they could point to, and maybe some evidence?

    Oh, wait: this is CT, who never bother to back up anything they claim - mainly because it's all just a lot of BS.

  5. #505

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by CTH8R View Post
    BZZZZZT!

    Wrong, guess again!

    Yes, the self-appointed CT Rep completely missed the mark on the very first try, LOL!

    I guess they might have to actually read the damn thing to see that there's no "Warranty" section, except for 63 "Warranty for vehicles".

    Are the "very versed" and "quite versed" self-proclaimed experts at CT saying that everything they sell now falls under a "vehicle" warranty? I sure hope they arent' THAT desperate!

    LOL Hilarious!

    Let's see if they take another shot at it, or actually admit defeat ....
    Yup, there's nothing about manufacturer's warranties in there at all! For retailers like CT, ther's only the implied warranties that the retailer is responsible for. Like refunds, etc. Oh, and there's some stuff on vehicle repairs, too, but there are other thread here to cover that.

  6. #506
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yup, there's nothing about manufacturer's warranties in there at all! For retailers like CT, ther's only the implied warranties that the retailer is responsible for. Like refunds, etc. Oh, and there's some stuff on vehicle repairs, too, but there are other thread here to cover that.
    Yes retailers are responsible for warranties. that does NOT mean that they give you your money back because you request it. Warranties include replacement parts, parts and labour for repair or product replacement. Each product is specific as to which .... and it is not the consumers choice. It is the warranty terms that apply at time of purchase. I should beat this into your thick skull with a Simoniz Pressure Washer wand. if you buy something and its warranty is repair only, it gets repaired. That's called warranty. That's called retailer honouring the warranty. That's perfectly legal.

  7. #507

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes retailers are responsible for warranties.
    Absolutely. For the implied warranty of quality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    that does NOT mean that they give you your money back because you request it.
    Yes, it does mean exactly that. See the Sale of Goods Act for details, or call your consumer's ministry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Warranties include replacement parts, parts and labour for repair or product replacement.
    Actually, no. They cover refund or exchange. Other issues relate to manufacturer's warranties, and don't apply to retail goods. See the SOG thread for details.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Each product is specific as to which ....
    Actually, no. The law is the same for all retail product. Sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    and it is not the consumers choice.
    Actually, no. Consumer's choice. Sorry again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is the warranty terms that apply at time of purchase.
    If by "warranty", CT means the implied warranty from the SGA, then yes. Otherwise, no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I should beat this into your thick skull with a Simoniz Pressure Washer wand.
    Actually, the CT person should do some research, and correct their statements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    if you buy something and its warranty is repair only, it gets repaired.
    Actually, no. There is no such thing in the SGA or CPA abouyt "repair" for retail goods. Refund or exchange - customer's choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's called warranty.
    If by "warranty", the CT people mean the implied warranty from the SGA, then yes. Otherwise, no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's called retailer honouring the warranty. That's perfectly legal.
    Agreed, nothing illegal about honouring the warranty.

    But, the retailer has to also honour the implied warranty as stated in the SGA and CPA, which includes refund or (if the customer agrees) exchange. Sorry, nothing in there about repair of retail goods.

    Consumers should be consider checking out Sale of Goods Act for details, or call your consumer's ministry.

    Thank you.

  8. #508

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes retailers are responsible for warranties.
    Yes, consumers, retailers are responsible for both the manufacturer's warranty, and the implied warranty under the SGA and CPA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    that does NOT mean that they give you your money back because you request it.
    Actually, it does indeed mean your money back, if you request it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Warranties include replacement parts, parts and labour for repair or product replacement.
    Actually, that's not true for the implied warranty. Nothing in the laws about parts or repairs in the implied warranty. Only refund (or exchange, if the consumer chooses).

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Each product is specific as to which
    Actually, the same law applies to all retail products. Nothing in the laws for specific products (but motor vehicles have specific laws).

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    .... and it is not the consumers choice.
    Actually, it is the consumer's choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is the warranty terms that apply at time of purchase.
    By law, this must include the implied warranty, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I should beat this into your thick skull with a Simoniz Pressure Washer wand.
    No need. People just need to read the laws and all the reference already provided, plus contact the Ministry. Then, post some corrections. Thanks!

    But, if someone happens to find some verifiable evidence to stack against all the experts and the advice of the Ministry, feel free to post it. However, mere opinions and guesses without substantiation are not very persuasive to consumers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    if you buy something and its warranty is repair only, it gets repaired.
    The "implied" warranty has no such thing as a "repair only" return policy. The SGA and CPA say refund, or (if the consumer so chooses), exchange. Sorry, no "repair" in the laws for defective retail goods.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's called warranty. That's called retailer honouring the warranty.
    Yes, the retailer must honour the implied warranty given under the law.

    Regarding the manufacturer's warranty, nothing is stated in the laws (sorry - see earlier postings on this topic).

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's perfectly legal.
    Yes, manufacturer's warranties are perfectly legal to offer.

    However, the implied warranty must by law also be honoured, including refunds (or exchanges, if the consumer chooses).

    Be sure to check out Sale of Goods Act for more details, or contact your consumer’s ministry.

  9. #509

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes retailers are responsible for warranties. that does NOT mean that they give you your money back because you request it. Warranties include replacement parts, parts and labour for repair or product replacement. Each product is specific as to which .... and it is not the consumers choice. It is the warranty terms that apply at time of purchase. I should beat this into your thick skull with a Simoniz Pressure Washer wand. if you buy something and its warranty is repair only, it gets repaired. That's called warranty. That's called retailer honouring the warranty. That's perfectly legal.
    Yes, consumers, retailers are responsible for both the manufacturer's warranty, and the implied warranty under the SGA and CPA.

    Actually, the laws do mean your money back, if you request it.

    There's nothing in the laws about parts or repairs in the implied warranty. Only refund (or exchange, if the consumer chooses).

    Actually, the same law applies to all retail products. Nothing in the laws for specific products (but motor vehicles have specific laws).

    By law, the retailers must abide by the implied warranty, too.

    No need for anyone to mention violence. People just need to read the laws and all the reference already provided, plus contact the Ministry. Then, post some corrections. Thanks!

    But, if someone happens to find some verifiable evidence to stack against all the experts and the advice of the Ministry, feel free to post it. However, mere opinions and guesses without substantiation are not very persuasive to consumers.

    The "implied" warranty has no such thing as a "repair only" return policy. The SGA and CPA say refund, or (if the consumer so chooses), exchange. Sorry, no "repair" in the laws for defective retail goods.

    Regarding the manufacturer's warranty, nothing is stated in the laws (sorry - see earlier postings on this topic).

    Yes, manufacturer's warranties are perfectly legal to offer.

    However, the implied warranty must by law also be honoured, including refunds (or exchanges, if the consumer chooses).

    Be sure to check out Sale of Goods Act for more details, or contact your consumer’s ministry.

  10. #510

    Re: "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Sure, manufacturer's warranties are ok, and they are common knowledge – most people have seen those sheets that come in the box with new products.

    But the important thing for consumers to know about, is the “implied” warranty that the retailers are required by law to provide to consumers, in places like Ontario. This is where the SGA and CPA come in.

    (Those laws don’t describe the manufacturer’s warranty at all, and don’t mention repair or spare parts, etc., for retail goods).

    Absolutely, those laws require a retailer to provide a refund, or at least an exchange (if the customer is willing to settle for one).

    No way does a consumer need to settle for a repair.

    Oh, and there isn’t a different type of implied warranty for every product – just the general law for consumer goods (but motor vehicles have specific laws).

    Well, now, there’s no need for the CT Rep to threaten violence, LOL.

    (But it seem strange that the CT Rep won't even discuss the implied warranty!)

    No, the Rep doesn't need violence. All they need to do is just educate themselves, the same way the consumers do: a little research into the laws, maybe call the Ministry.

    This post is a good starting point:

    "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

    Don’t forget: 2 types of warranties on all consumer goods:

    - Manufacturer’s warranty, which is provided by the manufacturer.
    - Implies warranty, which is provided by the retailer.

Page 51 of 88 First ... 41495051525361 ... Last

Similar Threads

  1. CTC CEO Stephen Wetmore: "Canadian Tire Sucks"
    By DavidLeR in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 21st, 2011, 10:42 PM
  2. "Do you work here??"
    By CT_MANAGER in forum Employees Speak Out
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2011, 12:19 AM
  3. I'm one of those "Bad" Canadian Tire Employees
    By Tango Anglo in forum Employees Speak Out
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2011, 08:32 PM
  4. CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.
    By Jadelakes in forum New to this site?
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: December 21st, 2010, 12:08 PM
  5. Can't return "Powerbuilt 42-in. Professional Creeper"
    By unhappyctccustomer in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 28th, 2010, 03:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions