Page 2 of 25 First 123412 ... Last
Results 11 to 20 of 249

Thread: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

  1. #11
    Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    First, some catching up on older lies that belong on the list:

    #12 – A manufacturer’s warranty is the same thing as a return policy.

    A return policy is provided by the store, and says what the store will do if there is a problem with a product during an initial period of time, such as providing a refund or exchange.

    A manufacturer’s warranty is provided by the manufacturer, and says what the manufacturer will do if there is a problem after the initial period that is covered by the store.

    Canadian Tire is the only major retailer that does not have a general policy regarding refund or exchanges of defective products, and instead directs customers immediately to the warranty (i.e., many items they sell are ‘non returnable’, even if they are defective).

    #13 – Canadian Tire has a policy that items will be refunded within 90 days, so there isn’t any problem.

    According to the web site and the statement on the back of the receipt, this policy only applies for an item “in its original condition and packaging”. In addition, many stores will also insist that the package be “unopened” or “sealed”, and that the item be “unused”.

    However, many defects can only be discovered by opening the package, or by using it (which makes it no longer in its original condition). This makes the policy irrelevant for many defects.

    Finally, the 90 day rule is only 30 days for some items, and does not even apply to many others.

    #14 – Refunds don’t cost the store anything, so there is no incentive to refuse a refund for a genuinely defective item.

    Simple logic dictates that the processing of a refund to the customer and obtaining a refund from the manufacturer is going to require time and money to accomplish. Also, if the store gives the customer a refund, but the manufacturer has only agreed to repair the product, then the store will lose money by selling the item as refurbished or used.

    Finally, if there were no incentive to refuse a refund, then there would be no need to implement a “repair only” policy in the first place, and no reason to risk upsetting loyal customers. Make no mistake. Absolutely, a refund for an exchange- or repair-only item will be costly for the store.

    Can you do a bit of research before you post your WRONG interpretations. A defect and a return of an item unused are two different things....try to keep up, it's not rocket science.
    We don't put defective items back on the shelf to be resold, just unopened/unused merchandise.....getting any clearer yet Einstein?
    There is an incentive to refuse a refund and have a repair only policy....helps to not fill the landfills with perfectly good items that the customer claimed was defective because they had buyer's remorse ( ever heard of this term?...it wasn't invented by CT) or why scrap a $500.00 generator because the customer didn't read the instructions and added no oil (you want to call that a defect, genius?)
    Or it's a $400.00 gas powered pressure washer and the $8.00 wand leaked....not to smart to scrap the whole item.....what company would allow that? We get you a new wand, no big deal.
    Or a customer doesn't know anything about the item they bought, but the neighbor has one, and they have no idea how to even turn it on....put gas in it, can't figure it out and then want to return it.....nada....not going to happen, because the next customer thinks it was used, questions whether something is wrong with it, etc. You want products that have been returned used....you've got Walmart for that.

    Again, try at least a little bit to be accurate with your posts, otherwise you will get called on your credibility every time.

  2. #12

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    If anyone sees something in "The Repair-Only Lies List" they think is inaccurate or unclear, just let me know.

    But you'll have to be conherent.

    As for, "We don't put defective items back on the shelf to be resold", there's even a thread on that topic. I'll consider that a nomination for the Lies List.

  3. #13

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If anyone sees something in "The Repair-Only Lies List" they think is inaccurate or unclear, just let me know.

    But you'll have to be conherent.

    As for, "We don't put defective items back on the shelf to be resold", there's even a thread on that topic. I'll consider that a nomination for the Lies List.
    Oh, and be somehow related to lies the CT reps and/or fakers are posting.

    Thank you for your support!

  4. #14

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    Let's see how badly the CT Rep’s failed at telling the truth yesterday:

    10:52:

    "This is ALMOST correct” (even though everything was actually correct).

    “If it truly is defective and it is not some tiny part like a carburetor (very rare) then the customer gets a new one.”

    This is a candidate for the “Repair Only Lies” list.

    2:55 PM:

    “what product has no warranty as you claim? unless it's an as is on a clearance rack somewhere, everything has a warranty”

    I nominate this one for the Repair Only Lies List.

    9:24 PM:

    “We don't put defective items back on the shelf to be resold”

    Lots of post here and on other sites with reports of just this practice.

    11:38 PM:

    “There's no add [sic] money for this site”.

    This claim appeared right above an ad (advertisement) for a trade school!

    (Do the CT Rep’s think the site owner advertises trade schools as a public service?)


    In addition to the above, there has been the usual vague claims that something in the pro-consumer information posted here is in some way incorrect. Since no evidence was presented, then there’s nothing really to refute.

    At least there weren't any bogus statements falsely attributed to the pro-consumer posts.

    It is disheartening to thinks how many CT Rep’s there are out there who resort to lies, rather than providing any evidence to support their claims.

    They truly must be desperate to pour so much effort into tricking so few ex-customers (according to them, anyway).

  5. #15
    Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let's see how badly the CT Rep’s failed at telling the truth yesterday:

    10:52:

    "This is ALMOST correct” (even though everything was actually correct).

    “If it truly is defective and it is not some tiny part like a carburetor (very rare) then the customer gets a new one.”

    This is a candidate for the “Repair Only Lies” list.

    2:55 PM:

    “what product has no warranty as you claim? unless it's an as is on a clearance rack somewhere, everything has a warranty”

    I nominate this one for the Repair Only Lies List.

    9:24 PM:

    “We don't put defective items back on the shelf to be resold”

    Lots of post here and on other sites with reports of just this practice.

    11:38 PM:

    “There's no add [sic] money for this site”.

    This claim appeared right above an ad (advertisement) for a trade school!

    (Do the CT Rep’s think the site owner advertises trade schools as a public service?)


    In addition to the above, there has been the usual vague claims that something in the pro-consumer information posted here is in some way incorrect. Since no evidence was presented, then there’s nothing really to refute.

    At least there weren't any bogus statements falsely attributed to the pro-consumer posts.

    It is disheartening to thinks how many CT Rep’s there are out there who resort to lies, rather than providing any evidence to support their claims.

    They truly must be desperate to pour so much effort into tricking so few ex-customers (according to them, anyway).

    It's unfortunate that you are so poorly informed and add to your lack of credibility. Smart business people don't look for ways to screw people over, but build relationships over time.

    You on the other hand....your true intentions and motives are at best skin deep.

    You've provided no evidence, only opinions and more opinions from other people.....if you have even one example of CTC's return policy and illegal in the same sentence, I would happily relent....but until you have that, then you are the liar and only offer YOUR version of the truth, but not the truth at all.

  6. #16

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    OK, CT liars, time for another public spanking:

    9:24 AM:

    “A defect and a return of an item unused are two different things”

    This suggests that a claim was made that they were the same. However, the original post had already stated that they were different. In fact, it was the CT Liars who implied that these were the same thing.

    So, that type of lie is back on the charts.

    “We don't put defective items back on the shelf to be resold”

    There are abundant reports, on this site and on others, that this has taken place many times.

    The same post contained various other vague accusations, but no evidence was presented to substantiate any of it. However, since much of the accusations were merely opinion and interpretation, it is not worth disproving.

    11:31 AM:

    “Just somethign to consider with your 'statistical analysis'”

    Nobody said there was any ‘statistical analysis” – the CT liar just made that up.

    2:44:

    “Everytime someone provides you with verifiable information it is claimed ‘liar’”

    How ironic. Now they are telling lies about telling lies. Where will it stop?

    Plus, of the little verifiable information that has been provided, none of it was "claimed 'liar'".

    7:50 PM:

    “You've provided no evidence, only opinions and more opinions from other people”

    Copious evidence was provided, and these were proven facts, not opinions. This is actually a fairly frequently told lie.

    Various:

    The CT’ers were caught off-guard when it was proven that their very own web site lists numerous items where the “Canadian Tire Warranty” is given as, “The product has no warranty”. The CT liars made numerous claims that this was not the case.

    Also there were the usual vague accusations and random insults.

    Naturally.

    Another good job! Your mothers must be very proud of all the little CT liars they raised!

  7. #17
    CT Challenger
    Guest CT Challenger's Avatar

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    Well, the CT Reps were unusually quiet yesterday.

    Maybe they were too embarrassed about the fisco around products with 'no warranty'?

    There were a couple of posts, and one had an actual link to a reputable source - they should get some points for that.

    Too bad this was over-shadowed by all the random insults, incorrect opinions, and inaccurate interpretations, though.

    Plus the suggestion was made in the "Stupid Refund Policy" thread that people who post here are lazy unionized workers. There is no evidence to support that theory.

    So, all in all, not too bad a day.

    Maybe their mothers gave them a talking-to?

  8. #18
    CT Challenger
    Guest CT Challenger's Avatar

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Challenger View Post
    the fisco around products with 'no warranty'
    Sorry - "fiasco".

  9. #19
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    Actually I took a long weekend to travel and be with family so I wasn't in the store yesterday to verify the warranty on that item. you're right, no warranty. I was surprised, and not necessarily happy about having something with on warranty on my shelf, but i don't get to make that decision. If a customer had a legitimate concern that the product died a week later, i'd find a way to help. You might note though that this is actually a nationally branded product, Duracell.

    So you call that a fiasco? LOL you found a single product out of 18000 sku's that fits your case and it's a terrible disaster for ct? hahaha that's fantastic. Rest your case on that little finding, let me know how that works for ya

  10. #20
    CT Challenger
    Guest CT Challenger's Avatar

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So you call that a fiasco? LOL
    No, not at all.

    I call it a fiasco when:

    - Many CT Reps (including yourself) were completely clued out about the warranties (or lack thereof) for product that they claim to be getting rich by selling.

    - These same CT Reps have been writing for a long time, about how they know way more about policies than any customers who post here.

    - It was one of these customers who had to point out to the CT Reps that MANY items have NO WARRANTY AT ALL.

    - The CT reps, once they were told about this, did not bother to check with a store, or even run a simple Google search.

    - Instead of doing their over-due homework, the Reps immediately began calling the customer a “liar”.

    - Once proven to be wrong, the Rep's who had been so noisy for so long (assuming there was more than one) were suddenly very silent.

    Those things, taken together, are what was called a “fiasco”. It's the most fitting word, although "gong show" is also apt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    you found a single product out of 18000 sku's that fits your case …
    And now, you have taken this to a new height by insisting that it is only “a single product”.

    Either you are just too lazy to run the Google search, too lame to even use Google, or a flat-out liar.

    Because there are many items that CT sells that have NO WARRANTY AT ALL, just like the charger.

    And I don't mean just underwear and ammo, either (although those are included).

    Pages and pages of hits, including these:

    - A large number of hockey sticks.
    - Numerous cleaning products.
    - More Duracell chargers.
    - Autmobile rims
    - A Stanley socket set.
    - An electric car polisher (by Simoniz, of course).
    - A kyak ($249.99 - but if it leaks, there are no refunds, no exchanges, and no repairs. Sorry!)

    The list goes on and on.

    And all it takes is a little internet search to find all of this information.

    Now, was that just too much trouble for you to bother with? Or is it just too hard for you to figure out Google? Or maybe you already knew, and it's just not in your best interest, to tell the truth about it.

    So, which one are you: lazy, lame, or a liar?

    "Just curious, hahaha".

    One more reason for smart consumers to re-think doing any shopping there at all.

    It’s so much easier to find the same products at a store that will actually stand behind what they sell.

Page 2 of 25 First 123412 ... Last

Similar Threads

  1. How to post a new thread Tutorial
    By Admin in forum New to this site?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 27th, 2010, 03:39 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 31st, 2008, 12:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions