Page 8 of 25 First ... 67891018 ... Last
Results 71 to 80 of 249

Thread: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

  1. #71
    CT Challenger
    Guest CT Challenger's Avatar

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    The CT Liar (we only know for sure there’s one) was actually not very productive this past weekend.

    Mostly he/she only offered the usual, desperate attempts to convince Canadian Consumers that:

    - proof isn’t really proof
    - experts aren’t really experts
    - advocates aren’t really advocates
    - credible sources are not credible
    - the CT Liar’s opinion is the only one that’s correct
    - it’s OK for stores to sell junk, and not follow the law.
    - their policies aren’t the worst of any major retailer.

    The main focus was a re-telling of Lie #9: A customer is not entitled to a refund for a “Repair Only” or “Exchange Only” product.

    ( Guess this needs updating to include the many "No Warranty" products, too.)

    The list of references that CT doesn’t want Consumers to believe are here:

    "Sale of Goods Act"

    The only real surprise was when the CT Liar decided out of the blue to break his/her own rule & start offering personal mis-interpretations on the CPA.

    This nonsense was thoroughly debunked (for the second time).

    Just to make things easier, we'll now track this as:

    Lie #18 – The CPA does not apply to ordinary retail transactions.

    The proof can be found here:

    "Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?"

    And here:

    "Store Credit"



    There was a lot of stuff posted about other stores. We haven’t really heard back on how many lies are contained in those posts (not that they really matter).

    However, a quick check on the Future Shop site, and found a typical CT lie right away:

    “Future Shop & Best Buy return policy states No returns on DVD's, movies, CD's etc”

    If you check for yourself, you’ll see that an exchange is allowed, which is a type of return.



    There was also the claim that “in lots of cases” CTC’s policies “are better” than other store’s policies.

    For Costco, Walmart and Home Depot, all return policies surveyed so far have been better than at CTC.

    Perhaps the CT Liar would care to provide some verifiable evidence that this is true? Otherwise, this will be held for consideration as an Offical CT Lie.

    And why don't they provide evidence? Just more laziness? Are they getting bored of fabriating phoney "proof"? Because there isn't any?

    We'll just have to wait and see what lies the concoct this week.

    "Friends Don't Let Friends Shop at Canadian Tire"

  2. #72
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    Exactly as I suspected
    Two questions, not a single answer to either one of them

    Major Appliances from Home Depot
    DVD's from BestBuy

    Not one of you could step up to say how they are viewed according to CPA and SGA according to your interpretation. I even gave you three days while I was away travelling again and all you could do was call us liars lol

  3. #73
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    To answer an above question, "why do i come here looking for advice from random people online, i should know these things, it's my job" you sir win a prize. It is my job, and i already DO know the answers.

    The point is this. there's atleast two ct owners here, very versed in the laws and rules. There's about 10 others here posting that claim they know the laws and rules. So i'm surely not here seeking advice. And for the record, I have called the ministry in several provinces and received the same answer regarding things like pressure washers. The answer is if my policy says repair defective, i'm within my rights not to refund for cash. As long as we offer a suitable remedy that gets the product working, we are 100% within our legal rights. I've researched, I know it. the problem is when i've posted the answers here, all i get is liar liar, you're wrong you don't know etc.... when in fact I do know, it's my job, it's my business, it's my livelihood for my family and myself. Believe me if i was operating illgally, it would put all of that at risk, and i'd never do anythign to put my world at risk.

    The BestBuy DVD & Home Depot scenarios were a couple of examples I was using to prove a point. according to people here, the right to a cash refund is absolute if the customer demands it. The written policies that I provided for those two scenarios clearly state no cash refund. So I want to know how the posters here view it in terms of their ideas of the CPA and SGA. Not one actually addressed the issue. to me, that proves my point, you don't know the answer OR you do know the answer and it doesn't suit your position so you just turn to calling me a liar.

    Either way the point is proven.

    I could easily find 20 or 30 items in half an hour falling under the same scenario, that you would not be able to show that your version of the CPA entitles you to cash back. You would lose all day long

  4. #74
    Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Challenger View Post
    The CT Liar (we only know for sure there’s one) was actually not very productive this past weekend.

    Mostly he/she only offered the usual, desperate attempts to convince Canadian Consumers that:

    - proof isn’t really proof
    - experts aren’t really experts
    - advocates aren’t really advocates
    - credible sources are not credible
    - the CT Liar’s opinion is the only one that’s correct
    - it’s OK for stores to sell junk, and not follow the law.
    - their policies aren’t the worst of any major retailer.

    The main focus was a re-telling of Lie #9: A customer is not entitled to a refund for a “Repair Only” or “Exchange Only” product.

    ( Guess this needs updating to include the many "No Warranty" products, too.)

    The list of references that CT doesn’t want Consumers to believe are here:

    "Sale of Goods Act"

    The only real surprise was when the CT Liar decided out of the blue to break his/her own rule & start offering personal mis-interpretations on the CPA.

    This nonsense was thoroughly debunked (for the second time).

    Just to make things easier, we'll now track this as:

    Lie #18 – The CPA does not apply to ordinary retail transactions.

    The proof can be found here:

    "Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?"

    And here:

    "Store Credit"



    There was a lot of stuff posted about other stores. We haven’t really heard back on how many lies are contained in those posts (not that they really matter).

    However, a quick check on the Future Shop site, and found a typical CT lie right away:



    There was also the claim that “in lots of cases” CTC’s policies “are better” than other store’s policies.

    For Costco, Walmart and Home Depot, all return policies surveyed so far have been better than at CTC.

    Perhaps the CT Liar would care to provide some verifiable evidence that this is true? Otherwise, this will be held for consideration as an Offical CT Lie.

    And why don't they provide evidence? Just more laziness? Are they getting bored of fabriating phoney "proof"? Because there isn't any?

    We'll just have to wait and see what lies the concoct this week.

    "Friends Don't Let Friends Shop at Canadian Tire"
    Future Shop & Best Buy return policy states No returns on DVD's, movies, CD's etc”

    If you check for yourself, you’ll see that an exchange is allowed, which is a type of return.


    Nice....I've been saying the same thing for months....an exchange is allowed, which is a type of return....and been repeatedly told I'm a liar because this contravenes the CPA act and a refund must be given.
    This faker advocate dude can't even see his own contradictory statements anymore....ouch.
    Well, thanks for proving my point yet again, that an exchange or repair is well within the CPA guidelines. I guess that's why you couldn't find even ONE example that stated otherwise.

  5. #75
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0479's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3963]Two questions, not a single answer to either one of them

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not one of you could step up to say how they are viewed according to CPA and SGA according to your interpretation. I even gave you three days while I was away travelling again and all you could do was call us liars lol
    I thought it was obvious from the site's name, but the CT Liars haven't figured out yet that this isn't some kind of "help line" for stores to get ideas on how to continue ripping off customers.

    In fact, we are just a bunch of ordinary consumers, supporting one-another, and sharing information that's helpful to us.

    Nobody can stop these jerks from posting their lies and BS here, but that doesn't mean we have to so their research for them, or even pay attention to their bogus questions.

  6. #76
    Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Challenger View Post
    The CT Liar (we only know for sure there’s one) was actually not very productive this past weekend.

    Mostly he/she only offered the usual, desperate attempts to convince Canadian Consumers that:

    - proof isn’t really proof
    - experts aren’t really experts
    - advocates aren’t really advocates
    - credible sources are not credible
    - the CT Liar’s opinion is the only one that’s correct
    - it’s OK for stores to sell junk, and not follow the law.
    - their policies aren’t the worst of any major retailer.

    The main focus was a re-telling of Lie #9: A customer is not entitled to a refund for a “Repair Only” or “Exchange Only” product.

    ( Guess this needs updating to include the many "No Warranty" products, too.)

    The list of references that CT doesn’t want Consumers to believe are here:

    "Sale of Goods Act"

    The only real surprise was when the CT Liar decided out of the blue to break his/her own rule & start offering personal mis-interpretations on the CPA.

    This nonsense was thoroughly debunked (for the second time).

    Just to make things easier, we'll now track this as:

    Lie #18 – The CPA does not apply to ordinary retail transactions.

    The proof can be found here:

    "Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?"

    And here:

    "Store Credit"



    There was a lot of stuff posted about other stores. We haven’t really heard back on how many lies are contained in those posts (not that they really matter).

    However, a quick check on the Future Shop site, and found a typical CT lie right away:

    “Future Shop & Best Buy return policy states No returns on DVD's, movies, CD's etc”

    If you check for yourself, you’ll see that an exchange is allowed, which is a type of return.



    There was also the claim that “in lots of cases” CTC’s policies “are better” than other store’s policies.

    For Costco, Walmart and Home Depot, all return policies surveyed so far have been better than at CTC.

    Perhaps the CT Liar would care to provide some verifiable evidence that this is true? Otherwise, this will be held for consideration as an Offical CT Lie.

    And why don't they provide evidence? Just more laziness? Are they getting bored of fabriating phoney "proof"? Because there isn't any?

    We'll just have to wait and see what lies the concoct this week.

    "Friends Don't Let Friends Shop at Canadian Tire"

    Let's start with returns on electronics....14 days for others on many items, 30 days for CTC

    Automotive parts warranties and warranty on labour in the shop....no one has ever touched CTC's....considered the best in the business.

    90 day return on almost every other unused item....not the same everywhere.

    Enough for ya or will this all be called lies...LOL

  7. #77
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3967]
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Two questions, not a single answer to either one of them

    I thought it was obvious from the site's name, but the CT Liars haven't figured out yet that this isn't some kind of "help line" for stores to get ideas on how to continue ripping off customers.

    In fact, we are just a bunch of ordinary consumers, supporting one-another, and sharing information that's helpful to us.

    Nobody can stop these jerks from posting their lies and BS here, but that doesn't mean we have to so their research for them, or even pay attention to their bogus questions.
    I don't want or need you to do any research on my behalf. We also have no issues with you 'supporting' one another. However in order to be of REAL support, you must be accurate, factual and truthful otherwise you're going to lead these customers you're trying to "support" down a path that will piss them off more.

    Nice way around answering the question though.

    how do DVD's and major appliances get protected by the CPA when it clearly states in the returns and warranties websites for the retailers mentioned, no returns?

    answer

  8. #78
    Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3967]
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Two questions, not a single answer to either one of them



    I thought it was obvious from the site's name, but the CT Liars haven't figured out yet that this isn't some kind of "help line" for stores to get ideas on how to continue ripping off customers.

    In fact, we are just a bunch of ordinary consumers, supporting one-another, and sharing information that's helpful to us.

    Nobody can stop these jerks from posting their lies and BS here, but that doesn't mean we have to so their research for them, or even pay attention to their bogus questions.
    Of course you don't have to answer the questions that PROVE you wrong.....that would make you an OBVIOUS faker advocate....no worries though, you get called on your stupidity each and every day. Don't forget to donate....box and paypal link found right at the top.

  9. #79
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    Weslo Crosswalk 5.0 T - 69031 - Walmart Canada - Save Money Live Better.

    Warranty - 90 days parts and labour - walmart canada treadmill

    read closely losers parts AND labour = REPAIR.

    If it's defective, for 90 days thats what you get

    that's illegal hahahahha oh wait no its not

  10. #80
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0479's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Why Do CT Defenders Post So Many Lies Here?

    It's amazing the number of lies the CT Reps will tell, if you just start keeping track.

    What's even more surprising is how they keep re-telling them.

    They say this site and the consumers who read it don't matter, but they sure expend a lot of energy trying to convince us that their lies are the truth.

    A couple of old lies are being re-told, so its time to add them to the list:

    CT Lie #19 – If any other store has a time limit for refunds or exchanges on any products, the SOGA and CPA don’t apply to anything CT sells.

    The SOGA and the CPA (and any other laws) are unchanged by the policies of individual stores. CT cannot simply decide for themselves that they are above the law.

    Check the laws in your province and contact your Consumer’s Ministry for specific time limits for your case.

    CT Lie #20 – If any other store has any “exchange only” products, the SOGA and CPA don’t apply to anything CT sells.

    The SOGA and the CPA (and any other laws) are unchanged by the policies of individual stores. CT cannot simply decide for themselves that they are above the law.

    There may be specific health laws regarding underwear/swimsuits, copyright laws for digital media, or laws for “as-is” items, but that doesn’t mean the SOGA and CPA don’t apply to other products.

Page 8 of 25 First ... 67891018 ... Last

Similar Threads

  1. How to post a new thread Tutorial
    By Admin in forum New to this site?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 27th, 2010, 03:39 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 31st, 2008, 12:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions