Page 29 of 30 First ... 1927282930 Last
Results 281 to 290 of 293

Thread: Returning Unwanted Goods - CT Has the Worst Policies

  1. #281

    Re: Returning Unwanted Goods - CT Has the Worst Policies

    The more I read about this issue, the prouder I am to be Canadian.

    People want what's fair and reasonable.

    They are opposed to "returns fraud", because it is unethical, as well,as illegal.

    And of course they also object to being asked to pay more themselves, to cover the costs of fraud; self-interested, but understandable.

    My fellow Canadian consumers are also opposed to 'returns abuse', such as 'renting' goods, with no intention of keeping them. Apparently, people will use the item for a period and then ask for a refund - that's not what the policies are for.

    Again, Canadians are opposed to this, because it offends their sense of right and wrong. Plus, they don't want to foot the bill for others' free rentals.

    But let's not forget the other unfairnesses that have been raised in news reports and in consumer comments.

    Canadians are offended when they don't get good value for their money. For example, when they paid hard-earned money for a product that doesn't live up to its promises. This is obviously unfair, and Canadians are understandably upset when the store comes up with some unexpected excuse to refuse a reasonable return.

    Another situation that offends Canadians, is when a store doesn't clearly state what their policies are. A good example is the Red Triangle of Crap stores, that have lots of conditions, exclusions, exceptions and limits - all hidden behind the phoney "Easy Returns" sign.

    Canadians have said loud and clear that they don't like this, which is just common sense.
    Last edited by CT Challenger; January 25th, 2014 at 09:54 PM.

  2. #282

    Re: Returning Unwanted Goods - CT Has the Worst Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Sangria5 View Post
    I wouldn't normally quote someone else and then equate it to me, but to each their own.
    i was referring to you letting us know about the cbc news thing.if you hadnt told us about it we wouldnt have known....and i dont believe it painted CT in a particularly good light(not that i watched it,just taking what that other consumer said about it).so yes you have shot CT in the foot once again.....

  3. #283

    Re: Returning Unwanted Goods - CT Has the Worst Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Challenger View Post
    The more I read about this issue, the prouder I am to be Canadian.

    People want what's fair and reasonable.

    They are opposed to "returns fraud", because it is unethical, as well,as illegal.

    And of course they also object to being asked to pay more themselves, to cover the costs of fraud; self-interested, but understandable.

    My fellow Canadian consumers are also opposed to 'returns abuse', such as 'renting' goods, with no intention of keeping them. Apparently, people will use the item for a period and then ask for a refund - that's not what the policies are for.

    Again, Canadians are opposed to this, because it offends their sense of right and wrong. Plus, they don't want to foot the bill for others' free rentals.

    But let's not forget the other unfairnesses that have been raised in news reports and in consumer comments.

    Canadians are offended when they don't get good value for their money. For example, when they paid hard-earned money for a product that doesn't live up to its promises. This is obviously unfair, and Canadians are understandably upset when the store comes up with some unexpected excuse to refuse a reasonable return.

    Another situation that offends Canadians, is when a store doesn't clearly state what their policies are. A good example is the Red Triangle of Crap stores, that have lots of conditions, exclusions, exceptions and limits - all hidden behind the phoney "Easy Returns" sign.

    Canadians have said loud and clear that they don't like this, which is just common sense.

    I see you have finally seen the light. All it took was an expose from a respectable source like the CBC. And of course, the plethora of Canadians that just don't think the way you do. Welcome aboard.

  4. #284

    Re: Returning Unwanted Goods - CT Has the Worst Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by 1wildhorse View Post
    i was referring to you letting us know about the cbc news thing.if you hadnt told us about it we wouldnt have known....and i dont believe it painted CT in a particularly good light(not that i watched it,just taking what that other consumer said about it).so yes you have shot CT in the foot once again.....
    I'll let the hundreds of responses of people just like me at the end of that article speak for themselves. Again, the majority rules.

  5. #285

    Re: Returning Unwanted Goods - CT Has the Worst Policies

    Here we see some typical misrepresentations and Trolling statements from The S-Angry-CT-Guy:

    Quote Originally Posted by Sangria5 View Post
    I see you have finally seen the light. All it took was an expose from a respectable source like the CBC.
    The above seems to suggest that I, and perhaps others consumers, have been supportive of returns fraud, or even just 'rentals' returns abuses. This is clearly not the case, as anyone will see by reviewing our actual comments.

    The only point of disagreement is the Ct'ers false claim, that returning a defective product with the receipt used for its identical replacement counts as Fraud under the Criminal Code of Canada. This unfounded claim has been thoroughly demolished here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/ge...-receipts.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Sangria5 View Post
    Welcome aboard.
    Again, a Trolling statement that falsely suggests that I or any other consumers on this site, have somehow 'come to the dark side', and suddenly support S-Angria-CT-Guy in their devious attempt to cheat customers.

    Nice try, CT Troll!
    Last edited by CT Challenger; January 26th, 2014 at 09:10 AM.

  6. #286

    Re: Returning Unwanted Goods - CT Has the Worst Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Sangria5 View Post
    And of course, the plethora of Canadians that just don't think the way you do.
    The S-Angry CT Troll is also misrepresenting the clearly stated opinions of the majority of Canadians, who value reasonable returns on unsatisfactory products, and expect have a reasonable opportunity to try them out (as they can at any big store except CT).

    Presumably the S-Angry-Troll will personally profit from any customers they can turn away at the Returns Desk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sangria5 View Post
    I'll let the hundreds of responses of people just like me at the end of that article speak for themselves.
    Well, I looked over the comments. Sure, a couple echoed the S-Angry-Troll's perspective - fellow retailers, I suspect.

    But comment after comment repeats what we all already know: Canadians want good return policies! Why would they not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sangria5 View Post
    Again, the majority rules.
    Huh?

    Anyway, Canada has spoken.

    "We want good return policies"

    But The Crappy People just aren't listening!

  7. #287

    Re: Returning Unwanted Goods - CT Has the Worst Policies

    Canada has spoken? LOL

    Now returns policies are a matter of National Pride. That's cute.

  8. #288

    Re: Returning Unwanted Goods - CT Has the Worst Policies

    Indeed, the CT Trolls have their ears tightly plugged.

    That's ok - the results from Canadians are clearly in favour of reasonable returns - some thing The Red Triangle of Crap doesn't include in their policy, unlike all the other big retailers.

  9. #289

    Re: Returning Unwanted Goods - CT Has the Worst Policies

    welcome aboard what?im totally mystified here.you just dont make sense(not for the first time).is there a link to the report so i can check it out for myself?

  10. #290
    Senior Member CTH8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,320
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Returning Unwanted Goods - CT Has the Worst Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Sangria5 View Post
    I'll let the hundreds of responses of people just like me at the end of that article speak for themselves. Again, the majority rules.
    Just for laughs, I decided to see if I could find any posts among the hundred from people "just like" the S-Angry CT Troll.

    Nothing yet, but I did find this:

    ---

    Underdog5555
    @DerekRead
    The Canadian Tire Store in west Saint John, NB will only provide store credit when you are trying to return a defective or broken item.
    It was explained that if you did not like the item, they would refund your money, but because it is defective and they cannot re-sell it, then you only get store credit. How is that fair?
    I bought a defective item and my money should have been re-funded.
    Come on Canadian Tire, you can do better than that!!!

    LMAO!

Page 29 of 30 First ... 1927282930 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Canadian Tire 777 Upper James, Hamilton, - worst place to shop - scary place
    By Guest-0037 in forum Canadian Tire 777 Upper James St, Hamilton, ON
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: October 28th, 2015, 04:58 PM
  2. Returned goods put back on shelf to be resold (to me)
    By Guest-0291 in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: June 20th, 2014, 09:02 PM
  3. Worst store even bad for a Canadian Tire
    By Top Gun in forum Canadian Tire 5206 Hwy 69 S, Hanmer, ON
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 15th, 2013, 10:54 PM
  4. Sale of Goods Act
    By DavidLeR in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: November 5th, 2011, 05:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions