Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
Results 21 to 30 of 83

Thread: CT employee's rudeness

  1. #21

    Re: CT employee's rudeness

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Manager View Post
    But still, credit or no credit.. that was a return that should have occurred without question.
    It's very common for Crappy Tire to pull this kind of stunt.

    They'll make all kinds of promises to customers, then turn their back on them if something goes wrong.

    So many examples.

    In this case, 3 employees said the tree was guaranteed. They said this knowing that the store would lose money if the tree died, but they just wanted the customer to buy 20 of them. Then, when one of the 20 dies, then naturally didn't want to lose any money, so they threatened the customer. That's how it goes.

    It's not even just one crappy store with greedy and angry staff. No, it's the whole chain.

    Look at the policy statement posted at Customer Service: "Easy Returns - Keep Your Receipt. 90 days". Naturally, customers think if they don't like the item or if anything goes wrong, they have 90 days to bring it back. So, they buy things, thinking they are protect. But when the customers come back with defective items, or things that just aren't working out for them, that's when they are told about all the crazy policies, that no other store has.

    Some Crappy People have written that it's just laziness or spite on the part of the store staff. But it's clearly just simple greed, as the owner/dealers have confessed here many times.

  2. #22
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0547's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CT employee's rudeness

    To whom it may concern,

    It is unfortunate that a website like this cannot ever truly live up to its potential, which would be a mechanism to help consumers with the retailer Canadian Tire.

    Why?

    The real truth may never be known to deal with the issue in a rational manner.

    Case in point.....This couple did get their money back that same day returning the tree. They threw the CT money at the cashier as they left the store.

    Why the whole issue erupted at Customer Service? They didn't speak English very well, we didn't have someone on staff at the time to be able to speak Chinese unfortunately.......we do employ over 20 staff who speak Chinese.

    The Customer Service lady Marzia and Cera( duty manager) couldn't make them understand the original purchase was on a MasterCard, therefore the credit had to go back on their MasterCard.

    They were extremely abusive during the whole encounter. They finally accepted a credit to spend the $20 in the store that day, which they did. Then leaving the store threw the CT money in the cahier's face.

    Nice Customer's/Consumers. Wal-Mart, Home Depot anybody else.... you can have this poor couple who ironically called themselves good Canadian's.

    Moral of story.......two sides to every situation.

    Signed,

    Team 164

  3. #23
    CT Manager
    Guest CT Manager's Avatar

    Re: CT employee's rudeness

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    To whom it may concern,

    It is unfortunate that a website like this cannot ever truly live up to its potential, which would be a mechanism to help consumers with the retailer Canadian Tire.

    Why?

    The real truth may never be known to deal with the issue in a rational manner.

    Case in point.....This couple did get their money back that same day returning the tree. They threw the CT money at the cashier as they left the store.

    Why the whole issue erupted at Customer Service? They didn't speak English very well, we didn't have someone on staff at the time to be able to speak Chinese unfortunately.......we do employ over 20 staff who speak Chinese.

    The Customer Service lady Marzia and Cera( duty manager) couldn't make them understand the original purchase was on a MasterCard, therefore the credit had to go back on their MasterCard.

    They were extremely abusive during the whole encounter. They finally accepted a credit to spend the $20 in the store that day, which they did. Then leaving the store threw the CT money in the cahier's face.

    Nice Customer's/Consumers. Wal-Mart, Home Depot anybody else.... you can have this poor couple who ironically called themselves good Canadian's.

    Moral of story.......two sides to every situation.

    Signed,

    Team 164
    I figured that something had to be missing to the story, it didn't make sense. Here, you only get one side of the story. It's "canadiantiresucks.net", it's hilariously bias. Over the past few days I've been trying to explain to people on this site how these policies really works and how the 0.1% (if that) of CT customers who come here were just caught in a bad situation somehow, kind of like this unfortunate set of circumstances.

    As I explain to them how things really work, they cut my multi-paragraph posts into one line that they can spew garbage about, completely ignoring the whole idea of the post.

    I'm glad you came back to let everyone know how it turned out. For every situation, there's a way to help the customer out. Looks like Store 164 found that way, so good on them, looks to be a great store as far as I can tell.

    But what does it matter, it's only a matter of time before someone says giving them what they wanted wasn't enough, you should have given them a $100 giftcard, or something equally ridiculous.

    I've forwarded this website to corporation, a few DSMs have been lurking. My hope is that this type of set of circumstances continue, where one side of the story is told, the CT can come back with theirs, and the truth comes back. Some of the stories I read here leave me bewildered, wondering "why would a manager do that?". Appears that, only part of the story shows. Just like someone earlier today saying there's no warranty on a $649.99 pool. He didn't look into it, he didn't go to a store to find out. He took what seems to be a misleading piece of information on the website to be this huge fiasco. Instead, if the customer bought the pool and brought it back, chances are there would be no problems.

    Good going 164! They had a tough customer today who wouldn't be pleased no matter what they did, but tomorrow, they'll be at that customer service counter smiling ready to serve someone else. The blind haters can chew on that for a while.

  4. #24
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0548's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CT employee's rudeness

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's very common for Crappy Tire to pull this kind of stunt.

    They'll make all kinds of promises to customers, then turn their back on them if something goes wrong.

    So many examples.

    In this case, 3 employees said the tree was guaranteed. They said this knowing that the store would lose money if the tree died, but they just wanted the customer to buy 20 of them. Then, when one of the 20 dies, then naturally didn't want to lose any money, so they threatened the customer. That's how it goes.

    It's not even just one crappy store with greedy and angry staff. No, it's the whole chain.

    Look at the policy statement posted at Customer Service: "Easy Returns - Keep Your Receipt. 90 days". Naturally, customers think if they don't like the item or if anything goes wrong, they have 90 days to bring it back. So, they buy things, thinking they are protect. But when the customers come back with defective items, or things that just aren't working out for them, that's when they are told about all the crazy policies, that no other store has.

    Some Crappy People have written that it's just laziness or spite on the part of the store staff. But it's clearly just simple greed, as the owner/dealers have confessed here many times.
    this comment looks pretty dumb right about now.

  5. #25
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CT employee's rudeness

    Store 164 I've noticed you've neglected to mention threatening the couple with security and perhaps the police. Could that, and the initial poor treatment by your store, and their time wasted dragging a dead tree back and forth be the reason for such resentment?!?! They wanted their money back but got a store credit instead. In a lot of cases those credits need to be used immediately. Now why is that? That little bit about throwing "Crappy Tire coupons" and being "extremely abusive" during a refund is a tired and stale embellishment. Yes, two sides to every story and CT's side is getting a little hard to believe. Your colleagues have been bragging for the longest time about calling police on customers who aren't able to get a fair refund.

    By the way, for a retailer that's been in business for that long, should you really be getting tripped up over a simple return/ exchange. It seems so as you've made it harder for customers to do just that! I'm glad those people, those customers who spent $400 at your store stuck to their guns. It doesn't surprise me any about your poor attitude of pointing the finger at the customer as CT has gotten worse over the years. Another example of where CT sucks, you still don't fix cars right either and infact have been shown to pad the repair bill regularly. Hence CT's ongoing "car" reputation.

    You see we're all too aware of CT's suspect heavy hands when dealing with customers and employees and can't trust a thing you say.

    Forced Resignation Proves Costly for Employer

    Canadian Tire store sells questionable repairs - British Columbia - CBC News

    W5: An undercover probe of Canadian garages - CTV News

  6. #26
    CT Manager
    Guest CT Manager's Avatar

    Re: CT employee's rudeness

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Store 164 I've noticed you've neglected to mention threatening the couple with security and perhaps the police. Could that, and the initial poor treatment by your store, and their time wasted dragging a dead tree back and forth be the reason for such resentment?!?! They wanted their money back but got a store credit instead. In a lot of cases those credits need to be used immediately. Now why is that? That little bit about throwing "Crappy Tire coupons" and being "extremely abusive" during a refund is a tired and stale embellishment. Yes, two sides to every story and CT's side is getting a little hard to believe. Your colleagues have been bragging for the longest time about calling police on customers who aren't able to get a fair refund.

    By the way, for a retailer that's been in business for that long, should you really be getting tripped up over a simple return/ exchange. It seems so as you've made it harder for customers to do just that! I'm glad those people, those customers who spent $400 at your store stuck to their guns. It doesn't surprise me any about your poor attitude of pointing the finger at the customer as CT has gotten worse over the years. Another example of where CT sucks, you still don't fix cars right either and infact have been shown to pad the repair bill regularly. Hence CT's ongoing "car" reputation.

    You see we're all too aware of CT's suspect heavy hands when dealing with customers and employees and can't trust a thing you say.

    Forced Resignation Proves Costly for Employer

    Canadian Tire store sells questionable repairs - British Columbia - CBC News

    W5: An undercover probe of Canadian garages - CTV News
    Yeah, being abusive toward people doing their jobs is totally justified over a $20 tree quabble which was precipitated by a language barrier.

    Some objectivity, please.

    I'm not an owner, I have no personal gain for sticking up for Canadian Tire. It's a huge company with tens of thousands of employees. There are bad apples, every large company has to deal with them. What you talk about is .01% (if that) of the transactions that take place for the long standing and reputable company.

    Just most of what goes on here is blatant bias which blames the "whole chain" for small things. A lot of misinformation here, and when they're corrected.. they ignore it and just bring up something else.

    Just looking for something to bitch about pretty much. That's what's stumping this forum from growing to something productive.

  7. #27
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0549's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CT employee's rudeness

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Store 164 I've noticed you've neglected to mention threatening the couple with security and perhaps the police. Could that, and the initial poor treatment by your store, and their time wasted dragging a dead tree back and forth be the reason for such resentment?!?! They wanted their money back but got a store credit instead. In a lot of cases those credits need to be used immediately. Now why is that? That little bit about throwing "Crappy Tire coupons" and being "extremely abusive" during a refund is a tired and stale embellishment. Yes, two sides to every story and CT's side is getting a little hard to believe. Your colleagues have been bragging for the longest time about calling police on customers who aren't able to get a fair refund.

    By the way, for a retailer that's been in business for that long, should you really be getting tripped up over a simple return/ exchange. It seems so as you've made it harder for customers to do just that! I'm glad those people, those customers who spent $400 at your store stuck to their guns. It doesn't surprise me any about your poor attitude of pointing the finger at the customer as CT has gotten worse over the years. Another example of where CT sucks, you still don't fix cars right either and infact have been shown to pad the repair bill regularly. Hence CT's ongoing "car" reputation.

    You see we're all too aware of CT's suspect heavy hands when dealing with customers and employees and can't trust a thing you say.

    Forced Resignation Proves Costly for Employer

    Canadian Tire store sells questionable repairs - British Columbia - CBC News

    W5: An undercover probe of Canadian garages - CTV News
    LOL, your "W5" link on fraudulent garages also went on to say that the RCMP are a bunch of gangsters. Great stuff.

  8. #28
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0549's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CT employee's rudeness

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    LOL, your "W5" link on fraudulent garages also went on to say that the RCMP are a bunch of gangsters. Great stuff.
    Not only that, but it also spends about 2 seconds about Canadian Tire where the guy replaced the battery... and the rest on that activ and ross franchise.

    Rename the site I guess.

  9. #29
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0539's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CT employee's rudeness

    I have read quite some cases on this site, this one is an interesting one.

    We now learn the truth of the story :

    (1) Finally, at least CT staffs admitted they did not give the original couple their refund as requested.

    (2) But CT is kind though, the couple got a CT credit of $20 which must be spend in CT store.

    (3) Was customer forced to take that credit or not, god knows, store secuity was there.

    (4) Customer indicated will not buy again from this store in the future. I guess, maybe that is why they threw away the CT money, in the cashier's face ? you must be joking ! when store security is around.

    (5) CT knows how to be a generous hypocrite, if customer will never buy again, Even $1,000,000 giftcard is a rubbish, same as the CT money, need to be threw away.

    (6) It is ridiculous to claim that a customer buy something with credit card, and don't understand it needs to be credited back to their credit card, but do understand to accept CT credit and must buy somthing right away, how do the staffs made the customer understand that, given all the communication problems described.

    Good going 164, you guys had a tough customer, and still successfully managed not to give credit back to customer's credit card, but forced customer to take CT credit which must buy again from CT, this is the CT 's rational manner. Bravo ! Bravo ! Bravo ! these kind of staffs are highly appraised by CT management, of course, smile the next day.

    CT management, do you know if you armed your employees with store security, it is a piece of cake to made the above achievement.

    Thanks to whoever that volunteer was, put this case up on the site, otherwise we will never learn about the case unless we understand Chinese.

    We need more volunteers like this one, to post cases from people who don't speak English, we are not promoting blind haters, but consumers awareness is an absolute necessity. After all, it is their hard earned money.

    At last, We all wish CT do well by accepting constructive criticism. That is what this site is for. Reasonable to say, no one would dare to come in your store to tell the truth, knowing the consequence is to be thrown out by store secuirty.

  10. #30
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CT employee's rudeness

    For those just tuning in, let's recap

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We bought 20 cedars in June, at which time the gardening staffs ( all 3 of them ) assured us that these cedars are guaranteed for one full year, and also can be refund or exchange within 60 days, the latter also stipulated on the receipt.
    However, Last week ( within 60 days period ), we took 1 of the 20 cedars back to the store because it just dyning out. At the customer service counter, The 2 employee ( Cera & Marzia ) told us no refund or exchange is possible, only credit can be given. and insisted the 3 previous gardening staffs do not know the policy.
    But then, this offer from store 164. Could it be that the abused customers would get a cash refund after all? The very thing there were trying to get in the first place?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    In response to the original couple with the $19.99 cedar......please feel free at your leisure to come into the store for your cash refund or email the store with your address, in which we will send a cheque for your full refund.

    Management #164 Markham

    email team@cantire164.ca
    But then, when the customers get to the store, they were offered something completely different.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    They finally accepted a credit to spend the $20 in the store that day, which they did.

    Signed,

    Team 164
    But not before throwing more dirt at the customers face claiming "abuse" and "throwing CT money" at the cashier on their way out with the intimidating store security present. Sure store 164, sure. You've already lied about a giving "cash refund".

    Last time anyone's checked a store credit is not the same as a cash refund!!! I wonder how many customers have fallen for this bait and switch tactic? Maybe that's why Crappy Tires "returns and exchanges" are such a hot topic on this site. "Easy returns and exchanges" my ass. After my second time having trouble getting a refund I stopped shopping at Crappy Tires. Lots of other places to go where you won't get scammed. Just sayin

Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

Similar Threads

  1. Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?
    By Guest-0276 in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: July 16th, 2013, 06:00 AM
  2. Ask an Employee
    By Employee in forum Employees Speak Out
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2012, 11:08 PM
  3. Question for any CT employee
    By Guest-0215 in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: December 25th, 2010, 08:11 AM
  4. watch canadian tire employee fool around
    By Cantiresucksyeah in forum Manitoba
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 4th, 2010, 09:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions