Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Fraud to Return Identical Products With Different Receipts?

  1. #11

    Re: Fraud to Return Identical Products With Different Receipts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why have any policies at all?
    An interesting question. You seen to be somewhat familiar with the basics of retailing, yet you ask such a fundamental question. Surprising!

    There are several scenarios in which customers may desire a refund or exchange.

    For instance, there are the 'unsatisfactory' or 'unwanted' items. In these cases, refunds and exchanges are not madated by any laws. However, the reason for a store to have 'any policies at all', is to encourage customers to shop at that store, confident that they will have some protection if the product does not perform to their satisfaction. However, this confidence is lost if consumers start to hear that legitimate refunds are being refused at specific retailers, such as what we see with Crappy Tire.

    Another reason to have policies is to ensure that the store complies with the legislation concerning the sale of goods, and consumer protection legislation. In this case, a store policy is actually irrelevant, since the policies cannot supercede the laws. However, it would be helpful if the official policies of the store were in line with the legislation. Sadly, Crappy Tire falls short in this regard, too.

    Another reason for policies is the adminstration of warranties, if the retailer chooses to do so. This really isn't necessary, however, because consumers are already entitled to refunds (or exchanges, if they wish) under the legislation. Or, a customer might choose to deal with the manufacturer directly, under the warranty the manufacturer provided (instead of any warranty the store might choose to offer).

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why would any store do anything to protect themselves from the likes of you?
    "Protect themselves"? From what? From having to honour their legal obligations?

    Certainly, if something is illegal, the stores are free to 'protect' themselves.

    The problem is, that nobody has yet offered any compelling evidence that it is 'illegal' to "return an item you've purchased, using a receipt for an identical item that you've purchased later.".

    Sorry!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why don't stores let the customer interpret their own version of the truth, you know, based on their socio-economic upbringing?
    An interesting idea, which the Crappy People keep proposing.

    I don't think any consumers have yet offered and opinion on this proposal, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    And for the record, lifetime warranty doesn't mean you only have to buy one for the rest of your life...it's for manufacturers's defects. If you use it lots and over time it just wears out, that's not a defect, but wear and tear and no warranty covers normal wear and tear...imbecile.
    Agreed. Why, did someone post here stating otherwise?

    But a product that does not meet a reasonable standard of durability is still defective under the Sale of Good Act.

    And is the name-calling really necessary?

  2. #12
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Fraud to Return Identical Products With Different Receipts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why have any policies at all? Why would any store do anything to protect themselves from the likes of you? Why don't stores let the customer interpret their own version of the truth, you know, based on their socio-economic upbringing?
    Yeah, like that will ever happen, LOL!
    Now you're being stupid, and using big words you don't know the meaning of. Ok, expand on how the socio-economic upbring of your customers impact the warranties and the returns of the items you sell. Then, explain the Walmart phenomena with 419 Billion in sales in 2011. I'm sure you already know they're in 28 countries. By the way, they got started in 1962, and you got started in 1922, a 40 year head start on them and you're still grappling simple issues. How many countries are you in?

    Walmartstores.com: Investor Relations - Investors

    Customers only want to be treated fairly and have you back up products and services that don't work. After all, you do carefully select and test only quality items before you put it on your shelves, right?

    Didn't somebody write about getting his car ruined when you got transmission fluid in his brake lines? And now might have to sue because you guys deny responsibility even though he has proof. A few years ago my naive daughter bought one of those convenient small cooking devices from while in school. She used it a few times when it suddenly began smoking and left burn marks on the cover and triggered the fire alarm. It was obviously defective, yet she was denied a return when she tried getting a refund. Then I stepped in and got her money back, with no help from the customer service hotline.

    What is clear though, is that CT owners arbitrarily honor their policies when you feel like it. We've already seen two examples of CT owners convicted and fined for fraud. Why would you do that if dealers are supposedly so rich and successful? Could it be that you're not all so rich and successful like you would have us believe? How would an owner, who's pretending to be rich and successful, but needs cash in reality, treat customer returns and store policies? How would they run the store?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    And for the record, lifetime warranty doesn't mean you only have to buy one for the rest of your life...it's for manufacturer's defects. If you use it lots and over time it just wears out, that's not a defect, but wear and tear and no warranty covers normal wear and tear.....imbecile.
    Those are premium products and the reason why people pay a premium for it. What do you train your staff to say in the sales pitch? "If there's ever a problem, bring it back because it's got a lifetime guarantee" or something along those lines. Lots of good tools out there that wear out prematurely. Maybe it's from a bad batch. That happens. Thank goodness the manufacturers and the good stores take it back without accusing the customer of something malicious like you guys do. The manufacturers, if they're interested, examine the broken tools and use it to improve the quality. Or at least the good ones do anyways.

  3. #13

    Re: Fraud to Return Identical Products With Different Receipts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now you're being stupid, and using big words you don't know the meaning of. Ok, expand on how the socio-economic upbring of your customers impact the warranties and the returns of the items you sell. Then, explain the Walmart phenomena with 419 Billion in sales in 2011. I'm sure you already know they're in 28 countries. By the way, they got started in 1962, and you got started in 1922, a 40 year head start on them and you're still grappling simple issues. How many countries are you in?

    Walmartstores.com: Investor Relations - Investors

    Customers only want to be treated fairly and have you back up products and services that don't work. After all, you do carefully select and test only quality items before you put it on your shelves, right?

    Didn't somebody write about getting his car ruined when you got transmission fluid in his brake lines? And now might have to sue because you guys deny responsibility even though he has proof. A few years ago my naive daughter bought one of those convenient small cooking devices from while in school. She used it a few times when it suddenly began smoking and left burn marks on the cover and triggered the fire alarm. It was obviously defective, yet she was denied a return when she tried getting a refund. Then I stepped in and got her money back, with no help from the customer service hotline.

    What is clear though, is that CT owners arbitrarily honor their policies when you feel like it. We've already seen two examples of CT owners convicted and fined for fraud. Why would you do that if dealers are supposedly so rich and successful? Could it be that you're not all so rich and successful like you would have us believe? How would an owner, who's pretending to be rich and successful, but needs cash in reality, treat customer returns and store policies? How would they run the store?


    Those are premium products and the reason why people pay a premium for it. What do you train your staff to say in the sales pitch? "If there's ever a problem, bring it back because it's got a lifetime guarantee" or something along those lines. Lots of good tools out there that wear out prematurely. Maybe it's from a bad batch. That happens. Thank goodness the manufacturers and the good stores take it back without accusing the customer of something malicious like you guys do. The manufacturers, if they're interested, examine the broken tools and use it to improve the quality. Or at least the good ones do anyways.
    well said!

  4. #14

    Re: Fraud to Return Identical Products With Different Receipts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now you're being stupid, and using big words you don't know the meaning of. Ok, expand on how the socio-economic upbring of your customers impact the warranties and the returns of the items you sell. Then, explain the Walmart phenomena with 419 Billion in sales in 2011. I'm sure you already know they're in 28 countries. By the way, they got started in 1962, and you got started in 1922, a 40 year head start on them and you're still grappling simple issues. How many countries are you in?

    Walmartstores.com: Investor Relations - Investors

    Customers only want to be treated fairly and have you back up products and services that don't work. After all, you do carefully select and test only quality items before you put it on your shelves, right?

    Didn't somebody write about getting his car ruined when you got transmission fluid in his brake lines? And now might have to sue because you guys deny responsibility even though he has proof. A few years ago my naive daughter bought one of those convenient small cooking devices from while in school. She used it a few times when it suddenly began smoking and left burn marks on the cover and triggered the fire alarm. It was obviously defective, yet she was denied a return when she tried getting a refund. Then I stepped in and got her money back, with no help from the customer service hotline.

    What is clear though, is that CT owners arbitrarily honor their policies when you feel like it. We've already seen two examples of CT owners convicted and fined for fraud. Why would you do that if dealers are supposedly so rich and successful? Could it be that you're not all so rich and successful like you would have us believe? How would an owner, who's pretending to be rich and successful, but needs cash in reality, treat customer returns and store policies? How would they run the store?


    Those are premium products and the reason why people pay a premium for it. What do you train your staff to say in the sales pitch? "If there's ever a problem, bring it back because it's got a lifetime guarantee" or something along those lines. Lots of good tools out there that wear out prematurely. Maybe it's from a bad batch. That happens. Thank goodness the manufacturers and the good stores take it back without accusing the customer of something malicious like you guys do. The manufacturers, if they're interested, examine the broken tools and use it to improve the quality. Or at least the good ones do anyways.
    well said!

  5. #15
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Fraud to Return Identical Products With Different Receipts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    An interesting question. You seen to be somewhat familiar with the basics of retailing, yet you ask such a fundamental question. Surprising!

    There are several scenarios in which customers may desire a refund or exchange.

    For instance, there are the 'unsatisfactory' or 'unwanted' items. In these cases, refunds and exchanges are not madated by any laws. However, the reason for a store to have 'any policies at all', is to encourage customers to shop at that store, confident that they will have some protection if the product does not perform to their satisfaction. However, this confidence is lost if consumers start to hear that legitimate refunds are being refused at specific retailers, such as what we see with Crappy Tire.

    Another reason to have policies is to ensure that the store complies with the legislation concerning the sale of goods, and consumer protection legislation. In this case, a store policy is actually irrelevant, since the policies cannot supercede the laws. However, it would be helpful if the official policies of the store were in line with the legislation. Sadly, Crappy Tire falls short in this regard, too.

    Another reason for policies is the adminstration of warranties, if the retailer chooses to do so. This really isn't necessary, however, because consumers are already entitled to refunds (or exchanges, if they wish) under the legislation. Or, a customer might choose to deal with the manufacturer directly, under the warranty the manufacturer provided (instead of any warranty the store might choose to offer).



    "Protect themselves"? From what? From having to honour their legal obligations?

    Certainly, if something is illegal, the stores are free to 'protect' themselves.

    The problem is, that nobody has yet offered any compelling evidence that it is 'illegal' to "return an item you've purchased, using a receipt for an identical item that you've purchased later.".

    Sorry!



    An interesting idea, which the Crappy People keep proposing.

    I don't think any consumers have yet offered and opinion on this proposal, though.



    Agreed. Why, did someone post here stating otherwise?

    But a product that does not meet a reasonable standard of durability is still defective under the Sale of Good Act.

    And is the name-calling really necessary?
    lol so sarcastic.

  6. #16
    Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Fraud to Return Identical Products With Different Receipts?

    Big difference between a life time guarantee and a life time WARRANTY. Find me a warranty that says it covers normal wear and tear.
    The problem with you clowns is that you want it all your way. No business survives with your mentality. Check out all the other complaint blogs, sucks.com sites, etc. I guess not one major business will survive if you believe forum posters; but we all know that's not true because they are the vast vast minority of actual consumers.
    Nice try though

  7. #17

    Re: Fraud to Return Identical Products With Different Receipts?

    Interesting post, with some strange opinions about "guarantees" and "warrantees".

    Crappy People certainly do seem eager to raise topics, no matter what the topic of the tread.

    Anyway ....

    1 - Still no examples of anybody being convicted of "fraud" for using a receipt from a new item to return an old, unopened item. Not from your store (assuming you have one). None from any store at all!

    2 - Still no reputable sources (or any sources at all!) that say "any deception is fraud".

    3 - Still no evidence that, "If I catch you even once trying to deceive, the police do come and the conviction rate is 100%".

    4 - Still not even a single example of anybody being convicted for using a receipt from a new item to return an old, open and defective item that they recently purchased.

    5 - Still no evidnence that the consumers who post here have previously accepted the Crappy People's definition of "fraud".

    6 - Still no definition of "faker advocate", or proof that any consumer meet that definition.


    Do you think you might be able to provide ANY of that?

    Or are you still just full of crap?

    Still waiting ...

  8. #18
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Fraud to Return Identical Products With Different Receipts?

    What? No more CT talk on socio - economic store polices for the customer?

  9. #19

    Re: Fraud to Return Identical Products With Different Receipts?

    Interesting thread over on Red Flag Deals.

    A customer wants a 'price adjustment', but Crappy is refusing.

    Someone suggested returning the old item, but that got one of the CT Defenders screaming it'd be "fraud".

    canadian tire - price adjustment on an item that goes on sale a few weeks later? - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

    As usual, no proof was offered; just the same, unsubstantiated claims.

    Interesting how the general agreement on the thread was, that Canadian Tire has the worst policies around.

  10. #20
    Senior Member CTH8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,320
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Fraud to Return Identical Products With Different Receipts?

    Well, a couple of years have gone by, but not much has changed over at Crappy Tire:


    Marlene C.: On Black Firday I purchased an item as an Xmas Present only to find that within 10 days it was half price. I went to one of the Canadian Tire Stores in Regina to see if I could get the $50 plus tax back.. answer No only 7 day price guarantee! I then suggested buying another at the reduced price and returning it with the previous bill..well guess what I was told that was Fraud!!! Are you kidding me.. FRAUD! I am done shopping at Canadian Tire! It used to be a reputable place, but within the last year or two the non-Canadian staff have become very rude and inconsiderate and have changed the shopping experience for me! They are also very reluctant to accept returns for anything. Better to give cash and let your family buy the items that they want, where they want and where warranty and returns are not an issue!

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Products With "No Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange, No Repair (As-Is)
    By DavidLeR in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: September 10th, 2012, 10:01 PM
  2. Return policy
    By Bob in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: June 14th, 2012, 09:38 PM
  3. Can't return anything
    By Guest-0376 in forum Canadian Tire 40 Hunterhorn Dr. N.E., Calgary, AB
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 7th, 2010, 10:00 AM
  4. Ask a question: TIRE CHAIN RETURN
    By CT_MANAGER in forum Employees Speak Out
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 1st, 2010, 12:13 PM
  5. Canadian Tire Return issue
    By Christopher in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: January 6th, 2010, 07:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions