Page 12 of 16 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
Results 111 to 120 of 159

Thread: Canadian Tire Sucks at Sales - Not Enough Stock - Bait & Switch?

  1. #111

    Re: Canadian Tire Sucks at Sales - Not Enough Stock - Bait & Switch?

    sounds like what i said earlier.....

  2. #112

    Re: Canadian Tire Sucks at Sales - Not Enough Stock - Bait & Switch?

    CTH8R - Your tactics are by no means unique. Your recipe to discredit those that criticize you are pretty standard and Im not swallowing your crap. Its ridiculous that you have over 3300 posts in this forum. Have you ever filed a complaint with the Competitions bureau? As far as educating ones self goes your links are broken and otherwise my definition is exactly the same and if it isnt then I should be able to test my definition in the market without impunity. I think its pretty much a working definition - that is if you actually read what you linked to. Now just how would you define "reasonable quantities"? Is that a real number or just any supply quantities that are less than demand. Or more likely anything that leaves you short on the feeding frenzy. You would never be able to prove your case because the advertizing is not store specific and each regional flyer advertises the collective inventories of many stores. You may find that indeed there existed legitimate reasons beyond the retailers control that resulted in short inventories. You never follow through though do you. You just continue to harp about how unfair it is that you missed out , and that these retailers ( your neighbors, friends ,etc, and other members of your community) are conspiring to scam you. You probably think the reason they remove their uniforms when they leave the store is to hide their true identity! Everything is a scam and you cant be convinced otherwise. Instead you just arrogantly lean back and fire off your standard arsenal of week platitudes and insults spiced with all the equally standard vitriolic undertones you can muster. You are far from a fair person. When your argument doesnt wash with everyone you resort to that ridiculous display in an attempt to position yourself on some moral high ground. Its a pathetic recipe and you seem to just relish in its use. Nothing short of sickening actually. You have zero understanding of how business works and you may impress some here but not everyone can be fooled with such spoiled brat attitudes.

  3. #113

    Re: Canadian Tire Sucks at Sales - Not Enough Stock - Bait & Switch?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1wildhorse View Post
    sounds like what i said earlier.....
    8her is familiar with Internet trolling. The dissemination of truth. That's why he runs a blog. Using a number of names and fake posts. I only try to guess the reasoning. Must be trying to profit somehow.

  4. #114
    Senior Member CTH8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,320
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Canadian Tire Sucks at Sales - Not Enough Stock - Bait & Switch?

    What? Another Trolling message from Angry Sangria Guy? Let's check:

    - Posts inflammatory messages? Well, trying to (but not succeeding, LOL!)
    - Posts extraneous messages? Yes.
    - Posts off-topic messages? Oh, yes!
    - Intends to provoke readers into an emotional response? Yes!
    - Intends to disrupt normal on-topic discussion Yes!

    Nice Try, CT Troll! But no "feeding" here - sorry!

    (And I saw nothing of a Trolling nature over on CT's Facebook page - just an outrageous number of customer complaints! More in ONE DAY than Walmart Canada got all week! LMAO!)

  5. #115

    Re: Canadian Tire Sucks at Sales - Not Enough Stock - Bait & Switch?

    ok skeds if all you say is true please explain your own facebook page DAILY plus explain why someone deletes all the negative postings from it...we are NOT the culprits here.sorry.

  6. #116

    Re: Canadian Tire Sucks at Sales - Not Enough Stock - Bait & Switch?

    personally i filed a complaint with the anti fraud office,but conveniently my case fell into a nice loophole where it couldnt be considered corporate fraud because the amount involved was less than $100,000 or whatever the figure is.therefore the RCMP couldnt even investigate.but im sure your lawyers are well aware of that one.

  7. #117
    Senior Member CTH8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,320
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Canadian Tire Sucks at Sales - Not Enough Stock - Bait & Switch?

    Skeds:

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    I dont work for them
    Oh, I see. But you are willing to help them mislead consumers? Is that it? If so, I think you are on the wrong web site. Sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    I just joined the site yesterday and picked my first fight as soon as I walked in the door.
    Just a hint, Sked: Picking a fight right off the bat isn’t a formula for making friends or creating a good impression, LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    But honestly, I saw a thread about ( this one) shortages on sale items and commented.
    Did it every occur to you to do some checking into Bait and Switch laws, before posting on a thread about Bait and Switch laws?

    How about now? Any plans to actually checking things first, or just keep posting wild guesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    CTH8R - Your tactics are by no means unique. Your recipe to discredit those that criticize you are pretty standard
    My tactic is to present information for the benefit of my fellow consumers.

    If you don’t like having your untrue statements criticized, they you’ve chosen the wrong forum on which to display your ignorance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    Im not swallowing your crap.
    Nobody is asking you to ‘swallow’ anything. But it would be nice if you did at least a tiny bit of research before posting incorrect information, which could mislead consumers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    Its ridiculous that you have over 3300 posts in this forum.
    What’s ridiculous, is the constant flood of complaints that Canadian Tire receives, and that they don’t respond in any meaningful way.

    So, I just help get the word out, about their practices.

    Hey everybody needs a hobby – yours seeem to be defending Crappy Tire, and helping them screw over consumers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    Have you ever filed a complaint with the Competitions bureau?
    No, because I don’t shop at Crappy Tire. I thought that would have been obvious by now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    As far as educating ones self goes your links are broken
    I checked them out, and they work fine.

    Here’s the main one again: Bait and switch selling - Competition Bureau

    But, given your belligerant tone, I can’t help suspect you are just ‘throwing that in’ as a random, unfounded insult. Nice work1

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    and otherwise my definition is exactly the same and if it isnt then I should be able to test my definition in the market without impunity. I think its pretty much a working definition - that is if you actually read what you linked to.
    So, which is it? Did the link work? Or is it broken?

    Did you read it? Or did you not read it? You can’t have it both ways!

    Besides, if you read the legal definition, why keep claiming that using some other definition that you just made up, is actually an OK thing to do?

    Frankly, you make no sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    Now just how would you define "reasonable quantities"? Is that a real number or just any supply quantities that are less than demand. Or more likely anything that leaves you short on the feeding frenzy.
    Well! You finally, you made a statement that has some merit!

    At the one extreme, if the store has no products at all, which is obvioulsy “unreasonable”.

    (But maybe not obvious to you? Just askin'!)

    I'll do a little more digging, but I suspect that it's up to the courts to decide, if the Competition Bureau decides to pursue a case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    You would never be able to prove your case because the advertizing is not store specific and each regional flyer advertises the collective inventories of many stores.
    I am almost impressed that you uncovered this point.

    But it has been addressed by the Competition Bureau. I’ll post a link (which I suspect you won’t read) shortly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    You may find that indeed there existed legitimate reasons beyond the retailers control that resulted in short inventories.
    Yes, this is an “out” for the retailer in the legislation. The site (you didn’t find, but somehow read, but didn’t actually read) says, “provision does not apply if the advertiser can establish that the non-availability of the product was due to circumstances beyond its control”

    Note that it’s up to the retailer to prove this was the case (and not up to the innocent consumer to prove anything).

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    You never follow through though do you.
    OK, now you’ve slipped back into Troll Mode.

    You say you’ve been on this site 2 days, yet you claim to know all about me?

    I’m not going to waste time addressing your insults.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    You just continue to harp about how unfair it is that you missed out
    I said no such thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    and that these retailers ( your neighbors, friends ,etc, and other members of your community) are conspiring to scam you.
    I said no such thing.

    But I do recall that not long ago the Competition Bureau found Canadian Tire guilty of conspiring to fix gasoline prices. Are you aware that this is the type of “friends” and “neighbours” you are defending?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    You probably think the reason they remove their uniforms when they leave the store is to hide their true identity! Everything is a scam and you cant be convinced otherwise.
    Ok, now you are just being weird.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    Instead you just arrogantly lean back and fire off your standard arsenal of week platitudes
    I think I’ve presented my case very clearly, and with suitable references.

    I don’t see how you can claim to have done the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    and insults
    Insults? Really? From me? What are these insults you claim I posted about you?

    Now, I did say you should “educate” yourself. But by your own admission, you have failed to do so!

    The closest thing I found to an insult was the taunt, “Nice Job, CTer!“ But if you find it insulting to be called a “CTer”? Maybe there’s some hope for you, yet.

    Over-all, I’d say I’ve been quite patient and tolerant of the terrible and inaccurate things you’ve posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    ….spiced with all the equally standard vitriolic undertones you can muster.
    Wow, you really dipped deep into the thesaurus for that one, LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    You are far from a fair person.
    Really? In what way, exactly?

    Would you like me to pretend that your incorrrect statements are correct?

    Not gonna happen, buddy!


    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    When your argument doesnt wash with everyone you
    Well, it seems that the statements of the Competition Bureau don’t wash with you.

    But that’s OK – I see you have your mind made up already, and are not going to be persuaded by mere facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    … resort to that ridiculous display in an attempt to position yourself on some moral high ground. Its a pathetic recipe and you seem to just relish in its use. Nothing short of sickening actually.
    Ok, now you are dippin’ back into weird again. Just sayin’!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    You have zero understanding of how business works
    Not true, actually.

    And I’d like to point out, that you have zero (“I mean ZERO”) understanding of Bait and Switch.

    Which is, after all, the topic of the thread on which you’ve decided to behave so strangely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeds View Post
    and you may impress some here but not everyone can be fooled with such spoiled brat attitudes.
    Attitude is not the issue.

    Presenting the facts on Crappy Tire’s use of Bait and Switch is the issue.

    But your attitude? Of attacking people, just because they openly and frankly discuss the way Crappy Tire conducts business? I must say, your behaviour is very odd.

    Now, when store owners and managers attack consumers who tell the truth about them, at least I can understand them. They want to keep making money, and when the public finds out what they are up to, it could hurt their profits.

    Of course, I don't think business owner should insult and verbally attack people who are simply telling an unpleasant truth about them. But a least I can understand their motives.

    But Sked, you say you don't work for Crappy Tire. So why attack those who tell the truth about CT?

    Very strange behaviour indeed!
    Last edited by CTH8R; January 19th, 2014 at 10:03 AM.

  8. #118
    Senior Member CTH8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,320
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Canadian Tire Sucks at Sales - Not Enough Stock - Bait & Switch?

    OK, I found some more information, on the Competition Bureau site.

    Recall that the main site is here, with general information: Bait and switch selling - Competition Bureau

    But there are more details at this page: Price-related Representations - Competition Bureau

    The topic of "clearance" sales were discussed. Here's what the site says:

    3. Nature of Advertisement
    An advertiser may clear out old stock that would not normally amount to a reasonable quantity without contravening the section if he or she clearly specifies in the advertisement the number of items available. However, use of a general phrase, such as "quantities are limited," would not be an absolute defence under this section, although it may reduce the quantity that would otherwise be required for a reasonable supply in a given situation.

    There was also a discussion about stores in a franchise. The implication seemed to be that they are not bound by the Bait and Switch laws, because the flyers cover the whole chain, and not individual stores. Here's what the site says:

    4. Advertiser-supplier Relationship and Franchise Advertising

    Section 74.04 was drafted in contemplation of situations where the person who advertises the product would be the same as the one who supplies it. Quite often, however, retail outlets are operated as franchises, which may mean that the franchisor is not the same as the person operating an individual store. In these circumstances, there may be a co-operative agreement with respect to advertising.

    Many franchise operations share advertising costs with the parent company which, in return, provides advertising, such as newspaper supplements or flyers, to promote products on behalf of franchised retailers. In such cases, a franchisee could be regarded as coming within the purview of the section if the franchisee is responsible for the non-availability to the public of reasonable quantities of an advertised special. In addition, the franchisor could be liable if it did not supply reasonable quantities of the advertised special to franchisees.

    Particular problems regarding the non-availability of advertised products may arise:
    •where small retail outlets do not have the facilities to carry a full line of stock at all times;
    •where products are seasonal or are a special head office purchase made available to the retailer on request;
    •where there is limited supply in clearance sales of slow-moving or discontinued stock.

    For the advertiser, the promotion of those products that are subject to any of these circumstances entails a corresponding responsibility to ensure that the public is properly informed of any applicable supply restrictions. Lacking such disclosure, a complaint of non-availability from the public could provide the Commissioner with reason to initiate an inquiry.

    In order to avoid such an outcome, advertisers should take all reasonable steps to disclose prominently their store policy and the conditions generally applicable to their flyer sale advertising. Advertisers might therefore wish to consider the following suggestions for inclusion in such advertising:
    •if a discontinued line or clearance sale is being promoted, the total quantity of the product available nationally or regionally, if known, could be stated, noting that some stores may not have access to any supply;
    •where items listed in a sale flyer may have become unavailable before the commencement of the sale due to events beyond the retailer's control, a correction notice should, if possible, be placed on the front of the flyer; and
    •where items will only be available in some stores, the portion of the advertisement relating to those items should be clearly distinguished from the advertising of the products generally available. The phone numbers and retail store addresses of participating retailers should then be provided, with an indication that customers should phone ahead to check for supply availability of any items specifically distinguished in the flyer.

    So, it's still up to the store to properly inform the consumers, so that they do not go to a store that does not have reasonable quantities of sale items.

  9. #119
    Senior Member CTH8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,320
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Canadian Tire Sucks at Sales - Not Enough Stock - Bait & Switch?

    Also from Price-related Representations - Competition Bureau


    5.2 Reasonable Quantities

    Although the crux of this reviewable matter depends on the definition of this term, it is not possible to specify what quantities might be considered reasonable since this is an issue to be determined on a case-by-case basis. What is reasonable will depend on the factors outlined in the section, some of which have already been discussed. In general, the best guide for an advertiser would be the history of consumer demand for the same or comparable products during previous sales using similar advertisements. If a reasonable quantity were available, the advertiser would likely have a good defence.

    I hope that consumers find this information useful, and I encourage them to follow up with the Competition Bureau if they suspect wrong-doing by any store.

    I also hope that some of the Owners/Moaners/S-Angry-Guys/Skeds will learn from this. But I suspect they will just ignore it, and expect consumers to "just get used to" the stores behaving badly!

  10. #120

    Re: Canadian Tire Sucks at Sales - Not Enough Stock - Bait & Switch?

    Ok Whatever, I join a forum like this and in 2 minutes Im ganged up on and involved in a cyber room brawl. I dont work for CT and have no other connections to anything else Ive been mis-identified as being associated with. I came here while doing a search on CT batteries. Batteries that are all dead after a year and replaced because YUP no receipts with the warranty ( which yup has the transaction record (aka receipt) - punched right on it ) I have 4 dead batteries and no longer buy motomaster batteries. But I didnt even get to that part of the forum when all this happened. What a way to treat a newby!
    I will tell you how to return something in an efficient and timely manner though at CT.If you can craft instinct and timing to your advantage. My garage was built( stuffed) with CT tools when I bought my first house 20 some years ago but thats another ( off topic , tangential reverse, three jumps to the left) story. Any ways I always wanted one of those big red tool boxes with 6 drawers on wheels to free up space on the wall. So one goes on sale and I grab it. Take it home and before I put all my tools in it I try the key. It breaks off inside - the lock itself after 1 turn. Seen this before with their cheap car safes. I LOSE IT! Fire the whole unit in my F150 and head for CT Innes rd. I drove up on the sidewalk - pulled it out smashing it on the ground denting it and pushed it right through the doors as you would bounce a drunk out of a bar. From 15 feet I yelled "I bought this 20 minutes ago and I want my money back on the card." I yelled at them - the lady was so intimidated with this display she just followed instructions. I told her "You cant keep selling garbage like this!" Got my refund and went to Home Depot and purchased a better unit at a better price - with heavy duty locks. Any way it worked for me. If I had quoted some baby powder necked government CCA rule I'd still likely have it with holes where the lock should be. So no, I am far from some candy assed institutional employee. My money is actually - hard earned - as opposed to "soft earned" which is what 90% of Ottawatian under-producers compensation should be referred to. Ya'll have time to sit on the net and perhaps even get paid to analyze human behavior.
    Getting back on the road here -I responded to this thread only by reading this complaint about stock depletion during a sale. And I am holding that the positions Im hearing here are ridiculous. We have self centered people that focus on their own misfortune only then jump way out to the other side of the issue and start referring to consumer law and its adherence to by the ghostly upper echelons of retail marketing departments, yet never offer up any evidence pertaining to the space in the middle of these extremes where systemic problems actually originate. Inventory is a tough game. Only by proper RFID-ing will this change. Then you wont be using a paper flimsy but your smart phone with stock accuracy to the millisecond. In the mean time show a little tolerance for the mathematical neanderthalism that is the human race! If you can accept that stock inaccuracy is a symptom associated with the problem of oversizing expectations in that once you let the marbles and the abacus out of the box at the same time 5000 years later utility takes a hit. Too many stores, too many products, too many sales gimmicks and the human brain has long sinced reached the limit of its compliance and can no longer deal with it. Just accept that we are going to push forward and there will be casualties along the way! They'll fix it. This is because its an inventory issue not an ethics issue. And you can fix those things.

Page 12 of 16 First ... 21011121314 ... Last

Similar Threads

  1. Canadian Tire Sucks at Tires - Stock, Sales, Installation, Service, Warranties, Online, Etc.
    By CT Challenger in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 313
    Last Post: July 14th, 2015, 07:47 PM
  2. Canadian Tire Sucks at Tire - Sales, Installation, Service, Warranties, etc.
    By CT Challenger in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 6th, 2012, 11:10 AM
  3. Bought a Black & Decker Large Skillet back in November 2011!! (PG)
    By sherwind2007 in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 20th, 2012, 09:47 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 6th, 2012, 06:36 AM
  5. Bad Customer Service at MAVIS & BRITANNIA ( Mississauga ) Hardware section
    By cagex in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 11th, 2011, 06:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions