Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

  1. #21
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Sure buddy....you're blowing more smoke up the publics asses.

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    Absolutely not what I would say at all! INSIST that the vehicle be put up on the hoist (or in the bay with hood open) depending why it was there for repair, or a test drive if it's a driveability problem and walk through it with them.
    On to this con already. You fail to mention is that CT will BILL for LABOUR and HOIST TIME or keep the car in the garage until the bill is paid like this poor guy.

    Canadian Tire Ripped Me Off
    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post

    I don't think you'll find anyone (not a Manager, owner or technician) that will stand behind shitty work and say it's okay.
    It wasn't all that hard for CBC found all three stooges, and even the CT vice president stooge himself saying it was all ok and nothing wrong happened. Lets not forget about the test they failed after telling the mystery shopper that the whole car would be looked over.

    So again joe public. You have ZERO chance if you take your car to Canadian Tire. ZERO! Your car will be screwed with, you will be billed higher. If you're concerned and take it back and "INSIST" that it be hoisted up, you will billed for that as well. AND you will still be left holding the bag because as CBC has amply shown, none of the 3 stooges or the vice president will make it right.

  2. #22
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    My experience with a CT garage was very bad and quite similar to the cbc story. An oil change turned into a 500 estimate because I had " bad hoses", and a "bad battery". Luckily for me I passed on it and took it to my regular mechanic who verified that everything was ok.

    I think that everyone has a bad experience with CT and is asking to be ripped off if they bring their car in.

  3. #23
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

    On to this con already. You fail to mention is that CT will BILL for LABOUR and HOIST TIME or keep the car in the garage until the bill is paid like this poor guy.
    If someone is getting charged "hoist time" they are definitely getting hosed. In all of my years and all of my stores and Corporation work I have never heard of nor seen a customer charged hoist time. I call bullshit on that one until I see a bill from a CT store with a hoist time charge on it!
    Canadian Tire Ripped Me Off


    It wasn't all that hard for CBC found all three stooges, and even the CT vice president stooge himself saying it was all ok and nothing wrong happened. Lets not forget about the test they failed after telling the mystery shopper that the whole car would be looked over.
    the mystery shopper got a $20.00 inspection on the ghost vehicle by request. No auto shop looks over every part of a vehicle for a greenback. If the mystery shop was played out honestly and with integrity they would have specifically said I have this type of noise of this type of problem coming from this area of my car. Not, hey check out my car. LOL they are mechanics. cars make noises and have thousands of parts. The more vague the information, the more difficult it is to find what's wrong. The more detail, the easier it is to hone in on the problem.
    [quote

    So again joe public. You have ZERO chance if you take your car to Canadian Tire. ZERO! Your car will be screwed with, you will be billed higher. If you're concerned and take it back and "INSIST" that it be hoisted up, you will billed for that as well. AND you will still be left holding the bag because as CBC has amply shown, none of the 3 stooges or the vice president will make it right.[/QUOTE]

    ZERO! we fuck up every car and screw every customer that comes into every bay in the Country. 5500 bays Coast to Coast. The claims get more ridiculous as the days go on.

  4. #24
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeR View Post
    Oh, yes, isn't the lovely CT Me just SO NICE!!?
    Isn't she just radiantly pleasant and helpful?
    My, it would be such a joy to take one's vehichle to her for some of her deeply-felt TLC!
    I bet she personally vacuums and hand-waxes each vehicle before returning the sparkling, newly-cut keys to the lucky owner for whom she rolled out the red carpet.
    Well, I haven't had the (dis)pleasure of visiting her illustrious repair shop, so I can't really say how it would be.
    Well you're right on one thing. YOu haven't visited my repair shop so you can't say how it would be. Period.
    Only a fool paints everyone with the same brush.
    ---
    But I CAN tell you what would happen if one dared to attempt to obtain a refund on a defective item, fresh out of the box from a store run by our charming Ms. CT Me.

    Do you suppose for one second her actions would be even influenced by the laws of the province in which she has chosen to do business?

    Of course not! Her corporate lawyers (does she hate them or love them? She can't seem to decide) have, in their supreme arrogance, elected to simply ignore these laws. Instead, they have a web site that clevery says, "If a product is defective, the manufacturer's warranty will apply".

    As if THEY get to decide. The arrogance is chilling.

    Take, for example, Ontario. The CPA of 2002 addresses this specifically. It says that the CPA (and not the retailer's desires) take precedence.

    The link is here: "Consumer Protection Act, 2002, S.O. 2002, c. 30, Sched. A)"

    "9. (3) Any term or acknowledgement, whether part of the consumer agreement or not, that purports to negate or vary any implied condition or warranty under the Sale of Goods Act or any deemed condition or warranty under this Act is void."

    Yes, there is a manufacture's warranty. But the consumer doesn't have to be limited by it - they can insist on their rights under the law.
    So, upon arrival at the gleaming Returns counter at CT Me lustrous store, defunct piece of junk in hand, how might one imagine they would be greeted?
    Would it be, "Yes, sir, your purchase is covered by the CPA of 2002. Would you like an exchange, or a full refund? The choice is entirely up to you."
    Hah!
    Actually, you don't need to imagine. You just need to read Post #9 on the "Sale of Goods Act" thread:
    Actually, we stick to the prescribed policies. 90 days, original packaging with a receipt = refund. Defective = warranty (exchange, repair, replace) or in some cases a refund depending on the product and the nature of the concern... and how a customer approaches the situation. No customer will bully the Managers around with their (or your) interpretations of Consumer Protection Act. Why? Because most consumers don't actually know the law, aside from some vague reading and what they believe to be true, this sir DavidLEr includes your interpretation of the acts, some of which are correct, some of which are not correct.

    Yikes! Who is this dragon lady, and what has she done with the pleasant CT Me we've all come to know and love???

    Oh, wait. This is the REAL "CT Me", who's recently decided to start pretending she can be reasonable.
    [/quote]
    Unreasonable people do not make it to my chair, or if they do, they sure don't last very long. Why? Because running a business successfully on large and small scale requires sound judgement, good decision making and a fair amount of critical thinking, leadership and problem solving.
    Reasonable examples that I stumbled upon here.... restocking fees on regular stock items - i don't support that at all. Only re-stock fees should be on special order items where the customer changed their mind.
    "hoist time" in the shop, which I'm still not sure is accurate. In any event, I do not support such a fee in any circumstance. Unhappy with auto work? return to the shop, put the car on the hoist and lets look at it together.

    Also, for everyone, be reasonable in your expectations and your 'stories' of what's happening. if you're smart enough to believe that every complaint on here is accurate, truthful, complete and not exagerrated....well, then you're not that smart lol
    I know you all automatically assume that everything and anything wrong MUST be the fault of Canadian Tire because there's no way you would make an objective opinion that might actually see Canadian Tire does many many things well, all day every day. I admit, I'm not sure I care. Pissed off know it all consumers who think they are entitled to something for nothing get no favours from me. On the contrary, reasonable, mature people who want to discuss things without having to go on the attack, those people can and do have my ear all day long.
    You can choose whoever you want to be.

  5. #25
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    call bullshit on that one until I see a...
    A bill for "insisting" to hoist a car up to rectify a problem that you caused in the first place is still a bill no matter how you breakdown it down. BTW we've been calling bullshit on you and kicking you in the teeth with proof since day one. Too bad you're the retarded chicken shit who loses each argument can't step up to the plate. Refresh your memories on the threads and relive the ass whipping served. BTW idiot, you said it yourself that each CT is independently owned and if so wouldn't tool, equipment, labour charges vary too??????????? I thought so retard.

    BTW, you're not even an owner, just related to one.

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    So again joe public. You have ZERO chance if you take your car to Canadian Tire. ZERO! Your car will be screwed with, you will be billed higher. If you're concerned and take it back and "INSIST" that it be hoisted up, you will billed for that as well. AND you will still be left holding the bag because as CBC has amply shown, none of the 3 stooges or the vice president will care or make it right.
    So true and worth properly quoting again. You confirmed CT owners shitty attitude on the way CT treated the "old man", not me. BTW, if you were so tuned into good customer service, one of your multiple personalities would have posted som, much much earlier. But implying about a free hoist and PRETENDING to be genuinely concerned for quality and customer safety is the best you can PRETEND to offer, more like lie about.

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    ZERO! we fuck up every car and screw every customer that comes into every bay in the Country. 5500 bays Coast to Coast. The claims get more ridiculous as the days go on.
    Yes you do. And that includes fucking up the interpretation of consumer laws to rip off the customer. And when you're not fucking that up you're fucking up cars and safety. Just like the CT owner who you profess to know, intentionally and knowingly sold a kid the defective bike that FUCKED UP HIS FACE AND BRAIN FOREVER.

  6. #26
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A bill for "insisting" to hoist a car up to rectify a problem that you caused in the first place is still a bill no matter how you breakdown it down. BTW we've been calling bullshit on you and kicking you in the teeth with proof since day one. Too bad you're the retarded chicken shit who loses each argument can't step up to the plate. Refresh your memories on the threads and relive the ass whipping served. BTW idiot, you said it yourself that each CT is independently owned and if so wouldn't tool, equipment, labour charges vary too??????????? I thought so retard.

    BTW, you're not even an owner, just related to one.

    So true and worth properly quoting again. You confirmed CT owners shitty attitude on the way CT treated the "old man", not me. BTW, if you were so tuned into good customer service, one of your multiple personalities would have posted som, much much earlier. But implying about a free hoist and PRETENDING to be genuinely concerned for quality and customer safety is the best you can PRETEND to offer, more like lie about.

    Yes you do. And that includes fucking up the interpretation of consumer laws to rip off the customer. And when you're not fucking that up you're fucking up cars and safety. Just like the CT owner who you profess to know, intentionally and knowingly sold a kid the defective bike that FUCKED UP HIS FACE AND BRAIN FOREVER.
    Have you nothing other then a foul mouth to speak with? You should be ashamed of yourself.

    Let's make several things clear. I have ZERO to do with this bogus CBC report, which at best is witch hunting poor journalism. Not a single news network latched onto this story to slam Canadian Tire because it is chocked full of loose accusations, lack of proof and overall poor ethics. Big news gets captured by everyone. big news spreads like wildfire. This did not catch on because it is not accurate, ethical or proveable.
    Ditto for the bike incident. Yes I know the owner, and yes I absolutely feel for the kid who has and will continue to suffer greatly. Will I sell all my assets and get out of this business because of the incident? No sir, absolutely not. As already discussed this is an isolated incident. In the face of additional facts (other major safety problems of other companies) you fail to acknowledge that they exist or happened. If you won't listen to what's going on beyond your own nose, i can't help you. you're limited to your own ignorance and unwillingness to oepn your ears and eyes for a moment to see something other then what you believe.

    Yes each store is owned individually and as such has their own unique methods of operating, charging etc....
    however this is not my first store, nor my last AND we all talk. I have never heard of or seen any CT store charging for a hoist fee. period. Show me otherwise or its a dead issue.

    As far as what I care for, who I am, where my sympathies lie....really you know nothing. That would be like me saying that I know who you are or what your beliefs are, how you raise your family, treat your friends based on what you say on an internet forum. Truthfully, i don't. despite your foul mouth you could be the most caring empathetic human being in the world for all I know. I am not so ignorant as to believe I know anything about you, and you shouldn't be so ignorant as to believe you know anything about me.

    that will be all

  7. #27
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    I for one appreciate the links to all the consumer protection acts and can form my own opinions. I don't need some snotty CT Owner telling me self serving "consumer laws" that short change my pocket book and the quality of goods I keep, with one sided store policies.

    I also think it's deplorable that one ct owner would knowingly sell a defective good leading to a permanent disabled life for a young man, and then for another ct owner to dismiss it so easily with " it's an isolated incident" so what attitude. Is playing with the consumers safety at Canadian Tire really that isolated?

    Well there is the CBC report, the bike incident, the piles and piles of other complaints on this board and others on shoddy automotive service damaging cars, a post here about a lady going through a red light, unable to stop after a brake job at CT. So are these cases really that isolated? There's also hidden footage of a CT mechanic swapping a perfectly good part that AMA has on it's site. Do I get a "so what" from the CT owner?

    Like somebody said, you have ZERO chance if you take your car to Canadian Tire. ZERO.

  8. #28
    Active Member DavidLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Oh dear!

    Our charming "CT Me" seems to have 'accidentally' deleted some of the invaluable quotations from her prior posts!

    Such a loss to we who are mere "consumers", and stand to gain so much from the inspired elucidations of an actual, real-life (gasp of awe!) Store Owner.

    Keeping in mind that she devotes her precious time, not in persuit of her own personal gains (no! no! no!), but to help us! The undeserving and ungrateful masses!

    Let us once again crouch eagerly at her knee, gazing up at her with all due rapture.

    We need only listen with an open and contrite heart as dewy pearls of wisdom drop like sweet nector from those divine lips ...

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    I didn't make up the laws it's all there provided by the FACTS of the LINKS I PROVIDED. Accordingly Canadian Tire is WELL WITHIN THE LAW of refunds and respecting consumer protection. Our team of lawyers make sure of that. I doubt that you can be that sure of consumer laws. So if a few customers are too lazy to use the warranty supplied with those purchases that are defective then too bad so sad. This the new reality of retail and it's working. We have WRITTEN policies all over the store, in the front, in the back, at the cash register on your way out. If customers choose not to read it and still want to buy those products from us then they can't say they didn't know. It may take a bad product or two to educate them to read the fine print but it's the cost of their education. ... For too long retailers have shouldered the burden of bad products as your link to Ellenroseman have indicated. Since you have offered no more proof other than talk around issues then I consider this issue closed.
    Could it be that these gems were uttered over a month ago? I remember it like it was yesterday. So enlightening!

  9. #29
    Active Member DavidLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    BTW, you're not even an owner, just related to one.
    Interesting. How do you know?

  10. #30
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I for one appreciate the links to all the consumer protection acts and can form my own opinions. I don't need some snotty CT Owner telling me self serving "consumer laws" that short change my pocket book and the quality of goods I keep, with one sided store policies.

    I also think it's deplorable that one ct owner would knowingly sell a defective good leading to a permanent disabled life for a young man, and then for another ct owner to dismiss it so easily with " it's an isolated incident" so what attitude. Is playing with the consumers safety at Canadian Tire really that isolated?

    Well there is the CBC report, the bike incident, the piles and piles of other complaints on this board and others on shoddy automotive service damaging cars, a post here about a lady going through a red light, unable to stop after a brake job at CT. So are these cases really that isolated? There's also hidden footage of a CT mechanic swapping a perfectly good part that AMA has on it's site. Do I get a "so what" from the CT owner?

    Like somebody said, you have ZERO chance if you take your car to Canadian Tire. ZERO.
    I'm not the one telling you the consumer laws. DavidLER is the one who posts all the links and his interpretations. I merely suggest that some of his interpretations are incorrect. I really have very little interest in whether or not you choose to believe them, read them or understand them. Just don't be surprised when you show up at a Customer Service counter spouting off all you "know" about your rights under various acts, and get shut down because you're trumped by someone who does this for a living and actually knows the laws.

    As far as the bike goes you are making it sound as if the CT Owner went to the sales floor, chose a bike that she knew was defective, put into the kids hands and said here, it's perfect, ride it, buy it.
    The only thing even remotely close to that is that the manufacturer of the bike KNOWINGLY shipped out the bikes to stores, having not done quality testing after using a new supplier for the components that failed. That is fact, that is spelled out clearly in the court documents.
    I have never dismissed this is not important, but yes it is surely isolated. you may not like what I do, but it is surely above you to determine if I care. Regardless of where anyone buys anything, i personally never want to see anyone suffer, get hurt or injured... I don't wish injury or worse on any of you, despite the fact that you have called me every name in the book not knowing a single thing about me except that I choose to represent Canadian Tire. I can and do hold my head proud every day knowing that I live treating every person I come across with ultimate respect. We are humans... at very least everyone of us, everyone of you deserves respect. If you ever forget that, you have failed. Many of you have. The amount of personal attacks and insults on here is shameful. Truly truly shameful.

    Interesting I find that nobody had the balls to address my post citing specific examples of failed consumer safety that killed many many people. Apparently in the face of facts that bury your arguments, you hide in your shells like turtles. Thanks for playing

    As far as car repairs go, justt pay attention and stop repeating yourselves. I am well aware of the video of parts wrongly being swapped. I am well aware that there are crooked mechanics at some stores. I am well aware sometimes customers get screwed in car repairs. Bad diagnosis, poor repairs. With 50,000 employees and 480 stores, there's going to be some bad apples. I have only control over this operation, not the 479 other ones. I've had dirty ones come through my hands. Some have been caught and fired. I'm sure that some never get caught. Guess what man...they are everywhere. Right now there's probably a highschool kid who works here pocketing something. Already this morning about $100 of stolen items already came to me...empty packages found in hidden areas of the store. A customer or two that couldn't afford to or simply doesn't want to pay for items they require or want. This is business. This is big business. Things go wrong, people are shady.... we are not perfect. we can not be perfect. We never will be perfect. But we do the best we can to minimize theft, shady employees and crooked mechanics. Don't forget, that mechanic i fired just might be under your hood over at Ford or GM.

    DavidLER that is a fairly ridiculous post. You have moved from a legal analyst to spewing patronizing crap.
    My job is not to serve you, educate you or help you. My desire is surely not to help you or educate you. My job is to make profit for the business long term. Make no bones about it, profit is the goal and i'm not shy about it. What you and your cohorts continually fail at is understanding HOW that profit is generated. Profit is generated by selling products and services to customers and keeping them happy. Guess what...I have thousands of satisfied customers. 363 days a year they fill their carts and baskets. They don't come in here over and over again because they are forced to. They come in here because they choose to.

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Similar Threads

  1. CTC CEO Stephen Wetmore: "Canadian Tire Sucks"
    By DavidLeR in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 21st, 2011, 10:42 PM
  2. "Do you work here??"
    By CT_MANAGER in forum Employees Speak Out
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2011, 12:19 AM
  3. Can't return "Powerbuilt 42-in. Professional Creeper"
    By unhappyctccustomer in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 28th, 2010, 03:48 PM
  4. Jobmate 4 1/2" Grinder 54-7234-4
    By jimdd in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 15th, 2009, 03:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions