Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

  1. #1
    Probationary Member Jadelakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    CBC News - The National - Go Public - Canadian Tire store sells questionable repairs

    Here is the link. Comments can be made there to spread the word that Canadian Tire is a disgrace to all that is Canadian!

  2. #2
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Read the report VERY carefully. You'll note several things if you investigate far enough.
    General Motors designates FOUR entire pages in their service guide to the subject of wheel bearings. It specifically states that a wheel bearing should be REPLACED if there is any indication of play!

    Canadian Tire in this case did as the OEM specificied recommendation based on the TSB's (service bulletins) they have released regarding wheel bearing problems.
    So in fact, it was the Suzuki technician who erred, not Canadian Tire.

    Secondly, the investigator blamed CT for not catching the loose bolts, saying that it left the customer in grave danger. Yet the investigator/investigative mechanic is the one who intentionally loosened the bolts and send someone to drive it to the store. So who put the person at risk?

    sorry folks, as much as you like to jump on the CT problem bandwagon when you get a chance, you can not defend this one. CT did right, Suzuki and investigation boy did wrong

  3. #3
    Active Member DavidLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    Read the report VERY carefully.
    Ah, "CT Me"!

    It's been kind of boring lately, without you piping in with your ridiculous assertions, "LOL".

    I'm a tad busy at the moment, but I'll be back later to point out the obvious errors in your absurd, self-serving claims.

    Welcome back - you are the "Mega Mind" to my "Metro Man". (Well, you do the best you can, anyway.)

  4. #4
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Claim as you will DavidLER, I actually look forward to your response on this one. Previously you piped in trying to pose as a legal expert....now you're going to pipe in as an auto service expert. This should be rather entertaining.
    Same as your claims of Consumer Protection Acts that in your opinion force us to accept items back, which is factually incorrect.

    I understand that you, and everyone on this website take everything Canadian Tire (good, bad or indifferent) and slam it, because you hate Canadian Tire. Unfortunately for you, you simply see everything as bad and can't/won't make a factual, objective opinion.

    All I can say is come prepared. One of us does this for a living...... one of us .... does not.
    I'm confident I know which one of us knows the rules, the technical details and knows the business, and it's not you, the armchair expert

  5. #5
    Probationary Member Jadelakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    This does not change the fact that Canadian Tire SUCKS IN EVERY WAY!

  6. #6
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    Read the report VERY carefully.
    Oh no it's dip shit mcgee telling us how to read better. Another big fail. Didn't you get the numbers wrong on your own financials? We all know CT's incompetent and dishonest especially when it comes to cars, this time the media caught you again with undies by your ankles fiddling with car safety. You sure are shit for brains considering that these journalists verify the facts and the merits of the story before even turning the cameras on. So following ct's excuses/ explanations in order we get "don't remember " > "no comment" > " I remember, but...lame excuse > better excuse from corporate. It's struck quite the cord with public...500 views plus!

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    Secondly, the investigator blamed CT for not catching the loose bolts, saying that it left the customer in grave danger.
    You don't even have enough lipstick for this pig. Remember folks CT loosened the bolts intentionally and got caught trying to bill for additional parts and labour.

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    Yet the investigator/investigative mechanic is the one who intentionally loosened the bolts and send someone to drive it to the store.
    You're bitching because you failed this simple test! Folks do you trust CT with your car? Do you feel safe with your car maintained by CT? Are you getting good service knowing that retarded owners like ct me and ct corporate see nothing wrong with shoddy car practise. We all know this kind of shit goes on everyday.

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    sorry folks, as much as you like to jump on the CT problem bandwagon when you get a chance, that's how we make our bread and butter CT did right,
    Your past posts and this one are quite arrogant. Thinking that you're above everybody because you're still making money after you leave the store. Some of the folks out there make an honest living while you continually justify bad products and bad service. A few posts before, you admit to "minimizing claims" so as not to make it sound "that bad" and that was for losing a lawsuit to a boy that suffered permanent brain injury and disfigured for life with your defective bike.

  7. #7
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oh no it's dip shit mcgee telling us how to read better. Another big fail. Didn't you get the numbers wrong on your own financials? We all know CT's incompetent and dishonest especially when it comes to cars, this time the media caught you again with undies by your ankles fiddling with car safety. You sure are shit for brains considering that these journalists verify the facts and the merits of the story before even turning the cameras on. So following ct's excuses/ explanations in order we get "don't remember " > "no comment" > " I remember, but...lame excuse > better excuse from corporate. It's struck quite the cord with public...500 views plus!
    Absolutely not. One person claimed my financials were wrong that we were not a $10 billion dollar company, but could not provide information as to what the true figures were. I will gladly link the public & shareholder reports so you can read them yourself.

    So you're relying on journalism to come up with your facts? LOL comical. As far as turning the cameras on, look at the interview. It's an old man sitting in his living room saying we did this wrong or that. Although I have nothing to do with that story the facts are clear. GM's own service bulletin says replace a wheel bearing that is showing signs of wear and/or being loose. Not tighten it!

    You don't even have enough lipstick for this pig. Remember folks CT loosened the bolts intentionally and got caught trying to bill for additional parts and labour.
    If a mechanic is going to loosen something to claim it needs repair, it wouldn't be something that requires 40 minutes to take apart to loosen. Invest 40 minutes of time to create an hour and a half repair? Silly claim. There's a million simple things someone could do to a car in a minute to create such an option.
    You're bitching because you failed this simple test! Folks do you trust CT with your car? Do you feel safe with your car maintained by CT? Are you getting good service knowing that retarded owners like ct me and ct corporate see nothing wrong with shoddy car practise. We all know this kind of shit goes on everyday.
    This kind of shit does go on every day, I agree. it happens at CT, at small local garages and at dealerships. There are dirty mechanics EVERYWHERE. Dno't be so naive to think otherwise.

    Your past posts and this one are quite arrogant. Thinking that you're above everybody because you're still making money after you leave the store. Some of the folks out there make an honest living while you continually justify bad products and bad service. A few posts before, you admit to "minimizing claims" so as not to make it sound "that bad" and that was for losing a lawsuit to a boy that suffered permanent brain injury and disfigured for life with your defective bike.
    again back with the bike. You're forgetting AGAIN to mention that the majority of liability was placed on the bike manufacturer, not the CT store. Of course I feel for the kid, i'm human, i have family, friends, feelings.... nobody wants to see anybody get hurt for any reason. To assume i'm unfeeling because of what I do for a living is ridiculous. Also to assume personal attacks because of my career makes you as ignorant as anyone could possibly be.
    As far as the money thing goes.... my comment was directed to answer one comment "that i must be stupid because I put my money into a business like CT" - to which I responded.... that for he who makes an hourly wage or flat rate salary vs. my option of making money even when i'm away, gone home for the day, sick, travelling....or at the office, that doesn't make me so stupid now does it? two options, work as part of the system with boundaries and limits, or make the system, and have unlimited options. I like my choice best

  8. #8
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadelakes View Post
    This does not change the fact that Canadian Tire SUCKS IN EVERY WAY!
    This is the junk I refer to and laugh at the most.
    According to this claim we do everything wrong, all the time.

    No business survives, makes profits or grows by suckign in EVERY WAY. Give your head a shake

  9. #9
    Active Member DavidLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this - as I said, I've been busy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You don't even have enough lipstick for this pig.
    Nice one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Remember folks CT loosened the bolts intentionally and got caught trying to bill for additional parts and labour.
    One clarification: if I recall correctly, there was only 1 bolt on Mr. Hanson's car that was loose, which CT who almost certainly loosened, but failed to report to the customer. Presumably this was done to try to bill for unnecessary parts and labour - a strategy which "CT Me" appears to have openly endorsed - twice (i.e., 'lose wheel = replace bearing', regardless of the cause of the loosness).

    Later, there were two bolts on Madoc-Jones' vehicle which were loosened by the CBC's mechanic, prior to a second vehicle being serviced, as a test of CT's ability to catch this before it turned into a dangerous situation. CT failed to do so ... and, adding insult to injury, was again was caught trying to bill for additional parts and labour.

  10. #10
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CBC's "Go Public" reports on Canadian Tire.

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    One person claimed my financials were wrong that we were not a $10 billion dollar company, but could not provide information as to what the true figures were....
    It's amazing how you repeatedly fail simple tests in intelligence, ethics and morality time and again; much like the CT mechanic who intentionally loosened the bolts. It must be a CT thing. Again dumb dumb, CT's worth is not based on revenue and no where close to being valued at 10 Billion. Try 5.5 Billion, or almost half of what you're claiming it to be. Wait, didn't a kid in grade school point that out to you in a past post? As for providing facts and proving that you're wrong we've done that. Others provided mountains of data to you but you're blind to the truth or too stupid and look the other way when it doesn't suit you. Much like you're doing now.

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    So you're relying on journalism to come up with your facts? LOL comical. As far as turning the cameras on, look at the interview. It's an old man sitting in his living room saying we did this wrong or that.
    Here's another example of how stupid you are. Example #1998 or is #2000 of how you're looking the other way again. CT garage trying to gouge seniors on a regular basis. Wow that is low. Are you saying that because he's a senior this tire fiasco never happened? That's really low. I guess he's making it all up and wanted to be interrogated by journalists, sign affidavits, legal releases and have the camera crew invade his home for the better part of the day to get the story out. Does that make sense to anyone else out there??? CT sabotages seniors car should've been the headline for this one. What? You think CBC didn't do it's job? I think it could've gone farther if it was in the US. Oh, that's right you got your ass kicked there didn't you? You want to ignore that as well? Good thing I put some links below.


    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    Although I have nothing to do with that story the facts are clear.
    Really? Yet another example of CT stupidity. You've glossed over the entire article and are stuck on CT's weak response. Since you're stuck there, lets have a look. CT corporate said the mechanic who did the work is " trusted", "experienced" ,"deeply honest" and "it is beyond belief" that he would do such a thing. Really? How did corporate know that? I bet CT didn't interrogate him or have him sign legal papers at all. I wonder just how honest that mechanic is? I wonder how he'll do if asked "has he ripped off people at the garage before?" and "Does he target seniors?" under a lie detector. How about this question " Does the store owner tell you to charge for unnecessary parts and repairs? And do you they know you're doing that?" I wonder what kind of goodies would come out with some gentle waterboarding?

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    This kind of shit does go on every day, I agree. it happens at CT
    It happens because if CT and CT owners did something about it, you would lose alot of money. Isn't that right? A big part of your income is made from deceiving people about their cars and CT owners allow it to happen, isn't that true?

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    again back with the bike. You're forgetting AGAIN to mention that the majority of liability was placed on the bike manufacturer, not the CT store.
    Oh yes the bike thing again. CT stonewalled and stalled that case for 7 YEARS hoping to bankrupt the family with legal bills. And yes the liability split. CT was found liable for 45%. Almost HALF wouldn't you say?

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    Of course I feel for the kid, i'm human moron, i have family, friends, gay homo feelings for my dog and sheep.... .
    Funny that CT didn't think of that before selling the defective bike or during the seven years that it bounced around the courts. Now here we are talking about CT sabotaging cars!?!? Imagine the damage that could've happened if Mr. Hanson was driving his grand kids around and lost control of the car? Nope, CT and CT owners don't think about that either not unless it happens after the fact and only after you lose the lawsuit.

    Don't trust CT with your cars, much less your lives.

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Me View Post
    As far as the money thing goes.... that for he who makes an hourly wage or flat rate salary vs. my option of making money even when i'm away, gone home for the day, sick, travelling....or at the office,
    Yep, Mr CT money you must be better than the average working class 9 to fiver who don't need to run a shoddy garage/ retail store and mistreat workers to make a living. Tick tick tick...retail has a high failure rate. BTW here's proof since you've asserted that CT has had "no store closings what so ever".

    Canadian Tire to close online store as of January 29th | Robin Majumdar 2.0

    Canadian Tire # 390 - The Closing of.. | Facebook

    Here's a doozy look out for the bad '80s hair. Still think you're better than everybody? A 400 million dollar fiasco. Can it be that dealers got cleaned out on that one

    Canadian Tire's mistaken leap into the U.S. market - CBC Archives

    uh oh another US expansion failure with Auto Source. A 90 million dollar fiasco.

    Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited Company Profile, Information, Business Description, History, Background Information on Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited

    I don't need a shitty store to run bs personal expenses through which an owner got caught and criminally fined, or try and scam customers lease owners, employees, customers. Did I say customers twice? Maybe. Despite all your lies, ramblings and bragging of how 'made' you think you are you've got nothing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Similar Threads

  1. CTC CEO Stephen Wetmore: "Canadian Tire Sucks"
    By DavidLeR in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 21st, 2011, 11:42 PM
  2. "Do you work here??"
    By CT_MANAGER in forum Employees Speak Out
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2011, 01:19 AM
  3. Can't return "Powerbuilt 42-in. Professional Creeper"
    By unhappyctccustomer in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 28th, 2010, 04:48 PM
  4. Jobmate 4 1/2" Grinder 54-7234-4
    By jimdd in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 15th, 2009, 04:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions