Page 5 of 17 First ... 3456715 ... Last
Results 41 to 50 of 165

Thread: Return policy

  1. #41

    Re: Return policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    well ok then, I guess that invalidates everything said here. We all must just be dellusional and mentally ill and imagining how very SUCKY your return policy and attitude is.

    Also, your very presence here proves Candian Tire is a corperation so dont be ridiculous.

    keep earning you damage control pay cheque. lmao
    Was not aware I was getting paid for this. In regards to the corporation? Might want to research and see for yourself, Canadian Tire is franchised in many results.

  2. #42
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0164's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Return policy

    Most complaints i hear about are usually greatly exaggerated, full of half truths and missing facts. Now that said... there are horror stories at every store out there (CT is definitely no exception) and to say CT is the worst i think is unfair. As a Manager of a CT i regularly deal with many customer issue's and I always do everything possible to help the customer ****with in reason***. People are used to dealing with big box corp stores (like future shop and even Costco) and are also accustom to screwing these places. The problem is people are so used to doing so they don't realize that they are actually in the wrong. Many people (im not saying all people) honestly don't see a problem with buying, using and returning a product, or using and abusing a product and expecting warranty. At a big box store many employees don't care if you scam them because its the corps money or they can cover the customers unreasonable complaint and resolve it under some Customer Satisfaction claim no matter how unreasonable the complaint. For example i had a customer complaint ( about me ) go to customer relations yesterday. The customer purchased a table saw 6 months ago and had clearly heavily used it. The cashier had called me up because the customer was demanding to return it (refusing to have it warrantied and simply wanted his money back), i asked the customer to calm down and explain why. His answer was that the motor had died again (indicating that he had previously had it warrantied) and he was so frustrated he simply wanted his money back. While mulling over what i was going to do for this customer (since if the story was true this was not an unreasonable request) i asked for a receipt... he didn't have one. So i asked how he had paid and he said cash (so i cant search his debit or credit card for a transaction) so finally i ask for his phone number. He gave me his number and immediately the computer flags him as a fraudulent returner (this by the way is why we ask). I look at his return history and he has purchased and returned well over 2 dozen different power tools and 2 BBQ All the purchases and returns are about six months apart and both BBQ had been purchased in May and returned in October (one in 2008 and one in 2009). This customer was using us as a rental service!!!!! At this point i take the table saw to the nearest electrical socket and test it and it works just fine. So i at this point refuse the return and explain why and naturally the customer goes ballistic and starts arguing that its illegal to refuse a return and etc.. I explain to him he cant use us to "rent" tools and he not only admits that he does but that he should be allowed to. I again say no and he tells me all he is going to do is wait till im not working and return it when one of out retarded cashiers is working and use a different phone number. At this point he says what ever and asks the cashiers to return his other items (oil filter and oil).... Natural i am suspicious so i check both and the oil container is full of used oil and the filter is leaking oil in the box. I explain to him that fraud is illegal and ask him to leave. About an hour later we get a fax from customer relations saying a customer was refused to return his table saw and oil. He told customer relations that he had a receipt, all items were unused they were purchased 2 months ago and that i called him a dirty thief and threatened him. Does anyone here think i mistreated this man or that he deserved a return?

  3. #43

    Re: Return policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Most complaints i hear about are usually greatly exaggerated, full of half truths and missing facts. Now that said... there are horror stories at every store out there (CT is definitely no exception) and to say CT is the worst i think is unfair. As a Manager of a CT i regularly deal with many customer issue's and I always do everything possible to help the customer ****with in reason***. People are used to dealing with big box corp stores (like future shop and even Costco) and are also accustom to screwing these places. The problem is people are so used to doing so they don't realize that they are actually in the wrong. Many people (im not saying all people) honestly don't see a problem with buying, using and returning a product, or using and abusing a product and expecting warranty. At a big box store many employees don't care if you scam them because its the corps money or they can cover the customers unreasonable complaint and resolve it under some Customer Satisfaction claim no matter how unreasonable the complaint. For example i had a customer complaint ( about me ) go to customer relations yesterday. The customer purchased a table saw 6 months ago and had clearly heavily used it. The cashier had called me up because the customer was demanding to return it (refusing to have it warrantied and simply wanted his money back), i asked the customer to calm down and explain why. His answer was that the motor had died again (indicating that he had previously had it warrantied) and he was so frustrated he simply wanted his money back. While mulling over what i was going to do for this customer (since if the story was true this was not an unreasonable request) i asked for a receipt... he didn't have one. So i asked how he had paid and he said cash (so i cant search his debit or credit card for a transaction) so finally i ask for his phone number. He gave me his number and immediately the computer flags him as a fraudulent returner (this by the way is why we ask). I look at his return history and he has purchased and returned well over 2 dozen different power tools and 2 BBQ All the purchases and returns are about six months apart and both BBQ had been purchased in May and returned in October (one in 2008 and one in 2009). This customer was using us as a rental service!!!!! At this point i take the table saw to the nearest electrical socket and test it and it works just fine. So i at this point refuse the return and explain why and naturally the customer goes ballistic and starts arguing that its illegal to refuse a return and etc.. I explain to him he cant use us to "rent" tools and he not only admits that he does but that he should be allowed to. I again say no and he tells me all he is going to do is wait till im not working and return it when one of out retarded cashiers is working and use a different phone number. At this point he says what ever and asks the cashiers to return his other items (oil filter and oil).... Natural i am suspicious so i check both and the oil container is full of used oil and the filter is leaking oil in the box. I explain to him that fraud is illegal and ask him to leave. About an hour later we get a fax from customer relations saying a customer was refused to return his table saw and oil. He told customer relations that he had a receipt, all items were unused they were purchased 2 months ago and that i called him a dirty thief and threatened him. Does anyone here think i mistreated this man or that he deserved a return?
    Thank you! Yes, that unfortunately what we have to deal with. No, we are not complaining, we are simply trying to explain why we may seem stricter than Large Corporate stores. Course you and I likely already know we will most likely have people reply to your post (They reply to mine) indicating how you were incredibly rude, unfair and that this customer (I wouldn't necessarily even calling him that considering he is simply defrauding us) was fully entitled to his refund.

    I will reply in more depth tonight.

    I can recommend you split some of your messages into paragraphs :-)

  4. #44
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0196's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Return policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Most complaints i hear about are usually greatly exaggerated, full of half truths and missing facts. Now that said... there are horror stories at every store out there (CT is definitely no exception) and to say CT is the worst i think is unfair. As a Manager of a CT i regularly deal with many customer issue's and I always do everything possible to help the customer ****with in reason***. People are used to dealing with big box corp stores (like future shop and even Costco) and are also accustom to screwing these places. The problem is people are so used to doing so they don't realize that they are actually in the wrong. Many people (im not saying all people) honestly don't see a problem with buying, using and returning a product, or using and abusing a product and expecting warranty. At a big box store many employees don't care if you scam them because its the corps money or they can cover the customers unreasonable complaint and resolve it under some Customer Satisfaction claim no matter how unreasonable the complaint. For example i had a customer complaint ( about me ) go to customer relations yesterday. The customer purchased a table saw 6 months ago and had clearly heavily used it. The cashier had called me up because the customer was demanding to return it (refusing to have it warrantied and simply wanted his money back), i asked the customer to calm down and explain why. His answer was that the motor had died again (indicating that he had previously had it warrantied) and he was so frustrated he simply wanted his money back. While mulling over what i was going to do for this customer (since if the story was true this was not an unreasonable request) i asked for a receipt... he didn't have one. So i asked how he had paid and he said cash (so i cant search his debit or credit card for a transaction) so finally i ask for his phone number. He gave me his number and immediately the computer flags him as a fraudulent returner (this by the way is why we ask). I look at his return history and he has purchased and returned well over 2 dozen different power tools and 2 BBQ All the purchases and returns are about six months apart and both BBQ had been purchased in May and returned in October (one in 2008 and one in 2009). This customer was using us as a rental service!!!!! At this point i take the table saw to the nearest electrical socket and test it and it works just fine. So i at this point refuse the return and explain why and naturally the customer goes ballistic and starts arguing that its illegal to refuse a return and etc.. I explain to him he cant use us to "rent" tools and he not only admits that he does but that he should be allowed to. I again say no and he tells me all he is going to do is wait till im not working and return it when one of out retarded cashiers is working and use a different phone number. At this point he says what ever and asks the cashiers to return his other items (oil filter and oil).... Natural i am suspicious so i check both and the oil container is full of used oil and the filter is leaking oil in the box. I explain to him that fraud is illegal and ask him to leave. About an hour later we get a fax from customer relations saying a customer was refused to return his table saw and oil. He told customer relations that he had a receipt, all items were unused they were purchased 2 months ago and that i called him a dirty thief and threatened him. Does anyone here think i mistreated this man or that he deserved a return?
    So, in a nutshell, all customers are evil and out to screw Canadian Tire. All customers should be viewed through the prism of suspicion and condescension. In short, all customers are trash.

  5. #45
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Return policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, in a nutshell, all customers are evil and out to screw Canadian Tire. All customers should be viewed through the prism of suspicion and condescension. In short, all customers are trash.
    i never said that... infact several time in my post i specifically say in brackets (not all people). I do not at any time bash all customers or even remotely put them down. I made a few specific points about the nature or CT and go out of my way to say "not all people" and then i give an example of a negitive situation. I do this to adress some of the policies some CT stores have in place regarding returns and give an example of why it is sometimes nessicary to give "non hassel free" returns. You have flown off the deep end and it seems you are siimple looking for an argument. And for the record many people hear bash all Canadian Tires when infact they are all different. And the final sentance of my post was a question and you didn't answer it... Thank you for your objective contrubution to my post

  6. #46
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0196's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Return policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i never said that... infact several time in my post i specifically say in brackets (not all people). I do not at any time bash all customers or even remotely put them down. I made a few specific points about the nature or CT and go out of my way to say "not all people" and then i give an example of a negitive situation. I do this to adress some of the policies some CT stores have in place regarding returns and give an example of why it is sometimes nessicary to give "non hassel free" returns. You have flown off the deep end and it seems you are siimple looking for an argument. And for the record many people hear bash all Canadian Tires when infact they are all different. And the final sentance of my post was a question and you didn't answer it... Thank you for your objective contrubution to my post
    This moron accuses me me of flying "off the deep end", yet look at his hysterical response. Have the doctor cut the dose of your meds, okay pal?

  7. #47
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Return policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This moron accuses me me of flying "off the deep end", yet look at his hysterical response. Have the doctor cut the dose of your meds, okay pal?
    I beg your pardon kind sir... but name calling is not necissary and could you please explain to me how my response is hysterical? I am tryin to have a reasonable adult discusion and yet again you have not answered the question of my original post. I dont know what i did to deserve such disrespect but i will endevour to be less offensive in the future. Perhaps you could submit a post that is more than an insult and articulate your thoughts into something that resembles a debate... and by that i mean an actual argument about an actual issue and not just something that says i suck or Ct sucks or anything of that nature.

  8. #48
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0196's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Return policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I beg your pardon kind sir... but name calling is not necissary and could you please explain to me how my response is hysterical? I am tryin to have a reasonable adult discusion and yet again you have not answered the question of my original post. I dont know what i did to deserve such disrespect but i will endevour to be less offensive in the future. Perhaps you could submit a post that is more than an insult and articulate your thoughts into something that resembles a debate... and by that i mean an actual argument about an actual issue and not just something that says i suck or Ct sucks or anything of that nature.
    If you're looking for something that won't communicate CT sucks, then why are you on this site?! My address bar shows www.canadiantiresucks.net.
    Also, trying to pass yourself off as cultured all of a sudden, when previous posts show that you don't know that "in fact" is two words and can't tell how "necessary" and "sentence" are spelled, is disingenuous at best.

  9. #49
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Return policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you're looking for something that won't communicate CT sucks, then why are you on this site?! My address bar shows www.canadiantiresucks.net.
    Also, trying to pass yourself off as cultured all of a sudden, when previous posts show that you don't know that "in fact" is two words and can't tell how "necessary" and "sentence" are spelled, is disingenuous at best.
    I do realize the site is canadian tire sucks i am simply looking for an actualy response which you have yet again failed to produce. As for cultured? I am simply trying to not get angry and get stuck in never ending pissing contest with someone who is doing nothing other than insulting me and trying to be witty by pointing out irony and my spelling errors while avoiding answering my question and acting like and angry child

  10. #50
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0164's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Return policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I do realize the site is canadian tire sucks i am simply looking for an actualy response which you have yet again failed to produce. As for cultured? I am simply trying to not get angry and get stuck in never ending pissing contest with someone who is doing nothing other than insulting me and trying to be witty by pointing out irony and my spelling errors while avoiding answering my question and acting like and angry child
    HEHE.... pissing contest sooooo ture

Page 5 of 17 First ... 3456715 ... Last

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions