Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
Results 21 to 30 of 63

Thread: When a Warranty Isn?t a Warranty

  1. #21

    Re: When a Warranty Isn?t a Warranty

    Crappy tire didn't pro-rate thier batteries 25 years ago, why now?

  2. #22

    Re: When a Warranty Isn?t a Warranty

    There appears to be some details missing from this story. The only reason they would have charged you was because you were having the service department test a battery while in the car. The battery tester at the auto parts desk has a machine to test the battery but you need to bring in the battery. It is clearly stated in the warranty that all batteries are pro-rated after there free replacement warranty has expired. This is as far as I know, GLOBAL. It does not matter where or WHO you buy an auto battery from, auto batteries are now pro-rated by the manufacturer. It is also clearly stated that installation is not included.

    Unless merchandise, auto batteries vendors are very strict when it comes to warranting them and issuing credit to companies that sell their batteries. In fact if you make one mistake on the battery warranty papers while doing the exchange, Canadian Tire will entirely lose the credit. Auto battery warranties have NOTHING to do with Canadian Tire. If you have a complaint as to why they are pro-rated, talk to the manufacturers of today's auto batteries, exile, interstate, etc

    In regards to using CAA, CAA is a MEMBERSHIP you pay for. The battery service is part of the membership.

  3. #23
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0196's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: When a Warranty Isn?t a Warranty

    Quote Originally Posted by CT_MANAGER View Post
    There appears to be some details missing from this story. The only reason they would have charged you was because you were having the service department test a battery while in the car. The battery tester at the auto parts desk has a machine to test the battery but you need to bring in the battery. It is clearly stated in the warranty that all batteries are pro-rated after there free replacement warranty has expired. This is as far as I know, GLOBAL. It does not matter where or WHO you buy an auto battery from, auto batteries are now pro-rated by the manufacturer. It is also clearly stated that installation is not included.

    Unless merchandise, auto batteries vendors are very strict when it comes to warranting them and issuing credit to companies that sell their batteries. In fact if you make one mistake on the battery warranty papers while doing the exchange, Canadian Tire will entirely lose the credit. Auto battery warranties have NOTHING to do with Canadian Tire. If you have a complaint as to why they are pro-rated, talk to the manufacturers of today's auto batteries, exile, interstate, etc

    In regards to using CAA, CAA is a MEMBERSHIP you pay for. The battery service is part of the membership.
    What a surprise. Yet another "Canadian Tire isn't responsible" post. Why don't you make that your company motto? You can put it in big letters above the front checkouts so that everyone can make an informed choice about shopping there.

  4. #24

    Re: When a Warranty Isn?t a Warranty

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What a surprise. Yet another "Canadian Tire isn't responsible" post. Why don't you make that your company motto? You can put it in big letters above the front checkouts so that everyone can make an informed choice about shopping there.
    If that is the case, what exactly is incorrect with my answer? Are you stating that CAA is not a membership having a battery service? That batteries from any store or business is not pro-rated? or that the warranty does not state all that I mentioned?

  5. #25
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0196's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: When a Warranty Isn?t a Warranty

    Quote Originally Posted by CT_MANAGER View Post
    If that is the case, what exactly is incorrect with my answer? Are you stating that CAA is not a membership having a battery service? That batteries from any store or business is not pro-rated? or that the warranty does not state all that I mentioned?
    You're just pathetic. Almost every answer you have given involves Canadian Tire not being responsible for something. Did you miss my point?

  6. #26
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0164's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: When a Warranty Isn?t a Warranty

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You're just pathetic. Almost every answer you have given involves Canadian Tire not being responsible for something. Did you miss my point?
    I think your point was nothing is ever your fault

  7. #27

    Re: When a Warranty Isn?t a Warranty

    You've obviously never purchased an automotive battery from anywhere else other than Canadian Tire. If you would have actually read what I said instead of jumping the gun, you would have realized that MOST ALL AUTOMOTIVE BATTERIES are pro-rated. No matter if you buy it.

  8. #28
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0196's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: When a Warranty Isn?t a Warranty

    Quote Originally Posted by CT_MANAGER View Post
    You've obviously never purchased an automotive battery from anywhere else other than Canadian Tire. If you would have actually read what I said instead of jumping the gun, you would have realized that MOST ALL AUTOMOTIVE BATTERIES are pro-rated. No matter if you buy it.
    I don't purchase ANYTHING from Canadian Tire, pal. You and your ilk drove me away years ago. Say bye-bye to my money.

  9. #29
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: When a Warranty Isn?t a Warranty

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't purchase ANYTHING from Canadian Tire, pal. You and your ilk drove me away years ago. Say bye-bye to my money.
    oh please no!!! not your money!!! what will we ever do!!!......fuckin dumbass

  10. #30
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0196's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: When a Warranty Isn?t a Warranty

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    oh please no!!! not your money!!! what will we ever do!!!......fuckin dumbass
    Somebody remove this imbecile.

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions