Page 1 of 3 123 Last
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Snowblower Blew up

  1. #1

    Snowblower Blew up

    I bought a snowblower from Canadian Tire. I was satisfied with the price. They were very helpful in regards to loading it in my truck. They even supplied the oil for the motor. I got the blower home which is 1 1/2 hour drive. I added the recommended amount of oil, filled it with gas. Started the motor and let it warm up and the motor started running really rough and something broke inside the motor. I never even got to blow any snow. I drove all the way back to Canadian Tire the next day. They said take it down to the local repair shop that they work with. Nothing was ever talked about as far as this problem goes. They would not even consider giving me another blower. I am quite familiar equipment to maintain the yard. It appears the float stuck inside the carburator and filled the crankcase full of gas and buggered the motor. Canadian Tire says I have to get it examined by a small engine place then report back to them. No guarantee I going to get much action out of Canadian Tire. They are trying to turn the story arround and make it look like my fault. Guess you get what you pay for!!!

  2. #2
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0196's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Snowblower Blew up

    If you know about this website, why are you still shopping at Canadian Tire?

  3. #3
    Junior Member Annoyed-of-C-Tire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Snowblower Blew up

    ^ What does it matter to you if he still shops there?

  4. #4
    Member RogerRZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miramichi, NB
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Snowblower Blew up

    He probably googled "canadian tire sucks" after getting the shaft there, and ended up here. For all we know, he might be like me and never darken their door again...

  5. #5
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0164's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Snowblower Blew up

    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRZ View Post
    He probably googled "canadian tire sucks" after getting the shaft there, and ended up here. For all we know, he might be like me and never darken their door again...
    if you will never drarken there door steps again why are you still obsessing about them?

  6. #6
    Member RogerRZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miramichi, NB
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Snowblower Blew up

    No good deed goes unpunished. 3/11 rule. A happy customer tells 3 people, an unhappy one tells 11. I'm quite mouthy, so when I'm happy, I tell way more than 3 people. When I'm unhappy...

  7. #7
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0196's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Snowblower Blew up

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed-of-C-Tire View Post
    ^ What does it matter to you if he still shops there?
    WTF does it matter to you what I ask him?

  8. #8
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0196's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Snowblower Blew up

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    if you will never drarken there door steps again why are you still obsessing about them?
    Dummy. There's a difference between darkening someone's doorstep and thinking about them.

  9. #9
    mckinnond
    Guest mckinnond's Avatar

    Re: Snowblower Blew up

    Hey you guys don't have to fight. I did not know about the forum till after I had this problem at Canadian Tire. I am not a happy camper but not going to stress out over it forever. Crap happens and the next time no matter where I shop I will try to be more careful. I am getting it fixed though warranty after talking directly to the company where I bought it from. They are going to help me out fortunatly. It is going to take some time. Maybe all the snow will be melted by that time. Crap happens, other box stores are just as bad. I am just glad it is not going to cost me the repair bill to get it replaced.

  10. #10
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0164's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Snowblower Blew up

    Quote Originally Posted by mckinnond View Post
    Hey you guys don't have to fight. I did not know about the forum till after I had this problem at Canadian Tire. I am not a happy camper but not going to stress out over it forever. Crap happens and the next time no matter where I shop I will try to be more careful. I am getting it fixed though warranty after talking directly to the company where I bought it from. They are going to help me out fortunatly. It is going to take some time. Maybe all the snow will be melted by that time. Crap happens, other box stores are just as bad. I am just glad it is not going to cost me the repair bill to get it replaced.
    I wish more customers had your pleasant and reasonable outlook. How ever CT should have dealt with it onsite, if you had used the item for a while that is one thing, but if it broke on the first you CT will relpace it then and there. Any item that requires you to fill with fuel or even use before you know it works (like a vacuum for example) CT will exchange within 7 days. If there were some reason you couldn't get back to the store within 7 days a store can still do a code 50 (customer satisfaction claim were the store can basically do anything and both you and the store get your money back) and reslove the issue then and there.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions