Page 12 of 33 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
Results 111 to 120 of 322

Thread: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

  1. #111
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm more educated than you'd want the customer to be. I can actually think for myself. Speaking of facts, you're spouting much of it yourself without showing any proof i.e. computer systems. Calling the kettle black much? And yes most if not all stores do ask for ID on top of requiring a receipt. The corporate head office confirmed it as STORE POLICY! So much for your facts about "most stores don't require it." Did you personally go to every one of the 500 stores to verify their return policy before you said that "most don't.." ? You wouldn't be lying would you? Thought so.

    Oh what to do, oh what to do with all those names, addresses, phone numbers of all those ID's you have. Oh what could a thief possibly do? Could they apply for credit cards in their name? Yep. Could they piece together enough information and pretend it's them to the credit card company? Yep. Do banks and credit card companies ask for information like postal code, address etc that only the account holder should know? Yep. We all know they do! Customers, do you still feel safe giving your ID away to CT for a refund? Should you be concerned?
    I did the data cabling, security cabling, and computer installation for several stores built new in the last 3 years in Western Canada, and upgrades to several more to support a new computer system roll out. I'm 100% certain of the computer systems, and that they all are operating on the same system. They have the same switches, same cabling standards and same software and hardware. Why? Because toronto office is where the IT tech support comes from, and they all have to be trained to work on the same system so they can do tech support remotely without having to figure out what system they are working with. Secondly, reports must be uniform, receiving of inventory, sales of inventory, it all has to run same store to store.

    No I didn't go to 500 stores to personally verify returns policies. Did you????
    What I do know is that i've lived in 3 Provinces, travelled through and worked in the rest and have likely shopped 60 or 70 different stores. I can think of half a dozen times that i've been asked for ID. Last year I was asked for ID at a store in Red Deer Alberta because I had no receipt to exchange defective. Technically she shouldn't have done the exchange because she didn't know when i bought the item and the 1 year warranty may have expired but i talked her into it. The rest were typically credit card transactions, ID asked for to verify i was the card holder.

    I'm sure you'll come back with, you're a liar, because that's all you've got to offer. Good luck with that

    Yes banks ask for verification of certain things before going into account information, including a PIN number on the account, date of birth and often a secure password. As already pointed out, your name, address and phone number is readily available online, in the phone book and on the front of your newspaper if you have a subscription. Oh boy, don't trust that shady paperboy who only makes $30/day. They can read your name and know where you live....surely they must be stealing your identity. If you really think Canadian Tire is the high security risk and are going to steal your identity, keep up the good research and investigative work. Don't forget to wave to the camera that's stealing your PIN number and card information when you're using the variety store ATM machine or the gas station pin pad at the pump.

    Just because you're an educated consumer doesn't mean you're educated with the right information. You can learn the wrong shit all day long, and you're still learning. learning to make mistakes

  2. #112
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did you get dropped as a baby? Weren't loved enough? Picked last for sports teams?
    Typical response from canadian tire. Rather than deal with a response to a legitimate concern they start with insulting the customer and blaming everyone else for the problem. Anyone else tried to return something like a simoniz pressure washer and get pushed out of the store? Oh as for the insults, that's ok. I'm sure smart enough not to work in retail or make a living misleading the public.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your name, address, phone number are in the phone book. Try Canada 411 or your bank...
    What you don't say, and what we already know is that most of North America have cell phones and have switched from landlines. That information isn't in the phone books. Again you're telling us to look the other way when it suits you, like when the obvious is in our face. So convenient for the CT retailer! Consumers decide for yourselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You aren't smart, just opinionated and ignorant. That's a dangerous combination.
    You don't like the fact that smart consumers can decide for themselves and shop every where else but Canadian Tire. Dangerous to you, good for the rest of us.

    So our information is safe with a Canadian Tire store you claim? 500 dealers all doing their own thing, all with different policies all across canada. And yet you intimately know that "most don't ask for ID for returns". Sure buddy. Sure. Didn't somebody say a dealer got criminally fined and sentenced sometime ago? Consumers decide for yourselves if your information is safe.

  3. #113
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I did the data cabling...
    Are you claiming because you did some work for some stores in Western Canada makes you an expert on what goes on behind the returns desk everyday? That's quite the stretch you're asking a customer to believe. What's that young offender doing behind the counter with YOUR information?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No I didn't go to 500 stores to personally verify returns policies. Did you????
    The truth comes out. Going by this can we assume that you don't speak for every one of those 500 stores either!? I did something smarter than waste my time visiting every store. I called the head office which I stated before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What I do know is that i've lived in 3 Provinces, travelled through and worked in the rest and have likely shopped 60 or 70 different stores...
    Jeez, big picture getting out of focus again for the typical ct retailer owner. How does your travels protect customers info? What's that? It does NOTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As already pointed out, your name, address and phone number is readily available online, in the phone book ...
    For a self admitted I.T. guy haven't you clued in that society has changed and that cell numbers aren't in the phone book? Or maybe you have and conveniently omitted that little snippet of fact! Last time anyone's checked the phone book has gotten smaller while some city populations have increased dramatically i.e. GTA. Oh where oh where are those numbers you speak of?

    There's a reason why banks, police, credit card companies, pre schools etc. have urged society to keep their personal information private. It's safer in your hand than in somebody else's. Just because somebody in a store demands your ID for a stupid reason doesn't mean you should give it to them. Consumers, decide for yourselves.

  4. #114
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Pay close attention

    You asked how I know about the computer systems and disputed that they were all the same. I'm telling you through my work with them, installing new and upgrading existing, that the systems all run the same software and hardware. The pin pads all have to be secured in the same fashion, it is mandated and tracked by the toronto office. I'm not a returns desk pro, i'm a computer and technology pro that can tell you precisely how the information is processed and secured. I know you choose not to believe anything that doesn't come out of your own mind and mouth but that's not my problem, that's your own choice to operate blindly.

    Phone numbers, cellular or landlines do not open up a major loophole for identity and credit theft, so what you're rambling about I have no idea. Again, listen to the most important tidbit of fact - credit theft happens most often as a result of fraudulant pin pads, card readers and duplicators. PERIOD. your phone number has jack shitt to do with those readers.
    identify theft is most often started with good old fashion snail mail documents. paper with your information from banks, credit companies and payroll information that people fail to shred. Instead they toss in the recycle bin or trash. So your address, in the hands of a retail clerk, is still presenting a fairly low risk. If of course you choose to focus your energy and time on protecting yourself from the odd chance, and ignoring the high risk factors, all the more to you. Russian Roulette appears to be your style

    Now don't be stupid and ask rhetorical questions. Of course your information is always more secure in your own hands then someone else's. That's a little thing I like to call, common sense. Yes it's best to keep personal information private which is why you never write down a password, pin code or other security pass of any sort. That's nothing new. When a retailer, and by the way Walmart, Home Depot and Rona all have printed clearly they may ask for ID (IT's their policy too smart guy), all they do is look at say your drivers license, and see that you are who they say you are. It's never swiped into a machine, photo copied or anything like that. It's fairly secure to hand a girl your license while you're standing 3 feet away at the other side of the counter, let them look at it to verify you are that person, and hand it back. If they suddenly disappear into a back room with it.... fuckin right be concerned. To suggest that canadian tire is the source of id/credit theft, well there's absolutely zero evidence to support such claim.

    Are you paranoid? look over your shoulder all day? hey why's that guy looking at me funny...something must be up!? omg

  5. #115
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Oh and for the record, talking out of both sides of your mouth has just caught up with you.

    On one hand you're whining saying toronto office has no control over their stores and the dealers and the policies. then you claim you're so smart as to call toronto office and ask them what the store policy would be.

    how can you have it both ways? Oh right you're anti ct, so you use whatever side of a story fits you best at that particular moment. typical of a whiner

  6. #116
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3408]Oh and for the record, talking out of both sides of your mouth has just caught up with you.

    On one hand you're whining saying toronto office has no control over their stores and the dealers and the policies. then you claim you're so smart as to call toronto office and ask them what the store policy would be.

    how can you have it both ways? QUOTE]

    Just the other day I was browsing and saw an elderly person, must've been in her 90's get verbally assaulted by some disrespectful ct clerk . It's the same everywhere. Oh where did my information come from you're asking as you're insulting me calling me names again. Typical store attitude. That's why people shouldn't shop at CT. " Where's the tools?" asks elderly indian man " FUCK YOU" say's the clerk. That tidbit came from the head office. You don't like that truth either eh? You don't like it when the customer can look into things and reasonably conclude that you're a bad store with bad people, all on their own.

  7. #117
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    No not ct. Ct and ct dealers can't possibly be the cause or be involved in anything bad! It's because we have computers that's why and because we're telling you to look the other way.

    Internal theft? Nope not us.
    ID fraud? Look there, a bird. Clunk. "knocked out smart guy real good. Maybe killed customer number 2"

    But you go further than just look at my ID. You collect information from our drivers license. The girl entered my information into the computer!
    "That never happened. She just saw it. It's in case you turn out to be fraudster."
    You sold a defective bike that caused permanent brain injury to a kid. " That was so long ago, that it never happened"
    "it's not safer in your hands. It's safer in our hands"
    "You like russian roulette because you don't like ...risk!"
    Yeah CT has turned out to be a slimy store with the typical bully response. Consumers decide for yourselves.

  8. #118
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    lol what a fucking douche bag. CT cockaroach too stupid to know they've stepped over their own foot.

    Cable guy now says that they only look at your id. But in previous posts say's they only record ...

  9. #119
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Just the other day I was browsing and saw an elderly person, must've been in her 90's get verbally assaulted by some disrespectful ct clerk . It's the same everywhere. Oh where did my information come from you're asking as you're insulting me calling me names again. Typical store attitude. That's why people shouldn't shop at CT. " Where's the tools?" asks elderly indian man " FUCK YOU" say's the clerk. That tidbit came from the head office. You don't like that truth either eh? You don't like it when the customer can look into things and reasonably conclude that you're a bad store with bad people, all on their own.[/QUOTE]

    hahaha
    1) what does an employees comment to a customer have to do with ID fraud? or did you back down on ID/credit fraud so quickly in the face of information you can not dispute?

    2) I would be willing to say you've exaggerated. An unsolicited, outloud "FUCK YOU" from an employee who was asked for help? Nobody is perfect, no store is perfect but come on, tell some truth!


    You can conclude whatever you want about canadian tire, it doesn't affect me personally or my job. I work for a small IT company that does work for them and guess what, even with only 9 people on staff we still have theft that happens internally, we still upset some customers, make mistakes and so on. So Im guessing a store with 10 times more workers and way more customers are likely to piss off a few people too. So all of your rantings and ravings about how bad canadian tire is, you don't have a grasp on what is reasonable in a workplace.

  10. #120
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No not ct. Ct and ct dealers can't possibly be the cause or be involved in anything bad! It's because we have computers that's why and because we're telling you to look the other way.

    Internal theft? Nope not us.
    ID fraud? Look there, a bird. Clunk. "knocked out smart guy real good. Maybe killed customer number 2"

    But you go further than just look at my ID. You collect information from our drivers license. The girl entered my information into the computer!
    "That never happened. She just saw it. It's in case you turn out to be fraudster."
    You sold a defective bike that caused permanent brain injury to a kid. " That was so long ago, that it never happened"
    "it's not safer in your hands. It's safer in our hands"
    "You like russian roulette because you don't like ...risk!"
    Yeah CT has turned out to be a slimy store with the typical bully response. Consumers decide for yourselves.
    I don't recall anyone claiming canadian tire was perfect and never made mistakes. From what i've read hear, there's full acknowledgement that there is internal theft, every business has it. I don't know anything about a bad bicycle and that killed a customer thing is clearly your version of the events given that canadian tire was not charged with murder, or assault or anything. defend a thief, that shows your true idea of what is right and what is wrong.

    Again back to the computer ID thing, there's no entry field in the computer for a drivers license number when I last set up a stores computer system.

Page 12 of 33 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last

Similar Threads

  1. Return Policy is false advertizing
    By Guest-0042 in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: April 14th, 2014, 05:50 PM
  2. Return policy
    By Bob in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: June 14th, 2012, 09:38 PM
  3. Ask an Employee
    By Employee in forum Employees Speak Out
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2012, 11:08 PM
  4. Canadian Tire doesn't honor their return policy?
    By Guest-0160 in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: June 6th, 2011, 12:13 PM
  5. stupid b**ch hit my son......
    By dizzy in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 4th, 2010, 03:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions