Page 22 of 33 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
Results 211 to 220 of 322

Thread: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

  1. #211

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    it's just your opinion not fact.
    No, its the opinion of all the experts.

    Well documented with all the links already provided.

    Check into it - you might learn something.

    Then get back to us with your apology :-)

  2. #212
    Active Member DavidLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Please follow the "Sale of Goods" thread for a summary on the expert's opinions on the topic of refunds.

    The topic of illegality has already been covered, based on the laws and the definition of the term "illegal". It is a simple exercise.

  3. #213
    Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeR View Post
    Please follow the "Sale of Goods" thread for a summary on the expert's opinions on the topic of refunds.

    The topic of illegality has already been covered, based on the laws and the definition of the term "illegal". It is a simple exercise.
    I've yet to see any expert say CTC's policy is illegal. Not even one. Wonder why they wouldn't say it to be so if it were true.

  4. #214

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Without getting into too much detail, there are options a store can exercise to claim for the value of the unit to satisfy the unhappy customer. It involves filling in some paperwork, inputting into the system and shipping the product back to Canadian Tire which in turn may or may not send it back to the vendor. I do not know why all stores don't exercise their options to do so, but in my experience not every store/owner is aware of all of their options.
    Why can't you go into more detail?

    What are you trying to hide?

    So, just because the store owners are too poorly trained or too lazy to fill in the paperwork and so on, that means the innocent customer is going to be stuck with a used/refurbished unit, plus the expense of a repair, or maybe with a product they now have no faith in?

    Plus, you haven't addressed the claim that somebody is going to lose money; either the individual store, the corporation or the manufacturer. But just because the store/owner isn't aware (or chooses not to use) this option, the customer has to take the hit. Not fair at all.

    Not to mention the CPA, which by law says the product has to do what it was represented as doing, so if a pressure washer won't wash, it's defective, and the customer is entitled to a refund if they ask for one.

  5. #215
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Even though Canadian Tire was closer, our family drove a bit further to the new Lowes center for buildig supplys and some tools. The last time I returned something they cost me a few hours and tried charging me with fraud. They even gave me a letter of trespass. I didn't steal anything or done anything criminal. The owners whole reason? I returned too many things. They couldn't tell me what the number of items I gone over was, how many I returned in total, if it was the year or the entire time I bought from the store, if anything was broken. If to many returns was the case why didn't they tell me? After all, they had my all information. They couldn't tell me anything except to say that "I must be upto somethin frauduelnt for too many returns." Well that and a whole lot of accusations infront of the line up. I got red in the face and held my own against the manager. But what the hell is up with those kinds of people treating me that way. I bought a hell of a lot more than I returned but to be yelled at like I got caught shoplifting . That's just not right.

  6. #216
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    I wonder how long you'd last if you tried that shit in the USA lol. USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA lol. Oh, that's right you, morons tried that twice and FAILED LOLOLOL. Don't let those two losses from Whites and AutoSource scare you... only 400 million. Time for another expansion, with the high canadien dollar show us your Canadian pride

  7. #217
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    By the way, still waiting for your claimed report of "top 20 retailers in canada" where is that?


    Did you forget that or just ignore it ?

  8. #218
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why can't you go into more detail?

    What are you trying to hide?

    So, just because the store owners are too poorly trained or too lazy to fill in the paperwork and so on, that means the innocent customer is going to be stuck with a used/refurbished unit, plus the expense of a repair, or maybe with a product they now have no faith in?

    Plus, you haven't addressed the claim that somebody is going to lose money; either the individual store, the corporation or the manufacturer. But just because the store/owner isn't aware (or chooses not to use) this option, the customer has to take the hit. Not fair at all.

    Not to mention the CPA, which by law says the product has to do what it was represented as doing, so if a pressure washer won't wash, it's defective, and the customer is entitled to a refund if they ask for one.
    Just as i suspected, a straight up detailed answer and you can't accept it for what it is or as truth. you'll really disagree with ANYTHING a CT supporter says won't you?

    There's this thing called a contract.... certain details about transactions between stores and corporation, corporation and vendor and stores and vendor that simply aren't public information. i told you what happens, i told you what options can and are exercised in my store.
    Customers do not have to take the hit, warranty policies are not set up that way. at the end of the day it is the vendor who takes the hit in some way or form for supplying a product that did not do it's job. Our loss and the corporatiosn loss would be limited to the man hours required to process the item and the paperwork. That's part of the business.

    There is no expense in a repair. Drop it off, the repair depot calls you when it's repaired. Period. Just like when your car breaks down, even under warranty, drop it off they call you when it's done. suck it up, nothing is perfect. My ride was $92,000 out of the factory and guess what, it breaks down and goes in for service. It's a mechanical item, just like a pressure washer. it breaks, it wears out, it has flaws.
    Despite what you THINK the CPA tells you is your right, you are NOT entitled to a refund just because you say you are. Someone should beat this information into you with a big hammer, warranty rules apply. If that warranty is exchange only, you don't get your money back you get a replacement item. If that item has a repair warranty, it goes for repair, like it or not! Just like a tent can't be returned. You buy it, you own it.

    The law is not always on your side, the laws are designed to give fair practices to both customers and businesses alike. the customer is not always right.

  9. #219

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Blah, blah, blah.

    Same old CT lies and BS.

    Only a lying CT owner/dealer would dare to claim that such a big pile of stinking manure is ďstraight upĒ.

    So, your big explanation on why customers aren't getting the refund they are legally entitled to, is due to the ignorance and/or laziness of store staff?

    A very nice advertisement of why people should steer well clear of your rip-off stores.

    Plus I see youíve digressed to you old, bad habit of lying about what people said, as if that will somehow help you win a debate. Very nice.

    And you've also decided to revert to that old lie about warranties being somehow relevant to the store's refund policy, huh?

    Only CT tries to pull this one off; all the other major stores offer refunds for defective items.

    And customers are supposed to believe you when you say itís all OK?

    Oh, and nice image of how brutally violent youíd like to get with anyone who dares to tell the truth and threatens your profits. That nice-small-town-retailer is really taking a hit, donít you think?

    It certainly does show just how deeply your hatred of your customers runs.

    No matter how many times you state your bald-faced lies, they will not become suddenly true.

    You can keep trying to trick your customers for personal gain, just so you can brag about your expensive car. But it isnít going to work.

    People are catching on to your shady policies, and are learning to stay away from your rip-off stores.

    The people you are trying to cheat are learning the laws, and will not be letting you victimize them anymore.

    Nothing you say here or post in your stores can take away the rights that the consumers have.

    And after all those lies, you dare to complain that people donít believe you? Get real.

    You can try to continue cheating customers, lying to them, and trying to convince them that they donít have rights.

    It might even be working with some, but shame on you for even trying.

    Shame on you for being such a CT liar.

  10. #220
    Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Blah, blah, blah.

    Same old CT lies and BS.

    Only a lying CT owner/dealer would dare to claim that such a big pile of stinking manure is ďstraight upĒ.

    So, your big explanation on why customers aren't getting the refund they are legally entitled to, is due to the ignorance and/or laziness of store staff?

    A very nice advertisement of why people should steer well clear of your rip-off stores.

    Plus I see youíve digressed to you old, bad habit of lying about what people said, as if that will somehow help you win a debate. Very nice.

    And you've also decided to revert to that old lie about warranties being somehow relevant to the store's refund policy, huh?

    Only CT tries to pull this one off; all the other major stores offer refunds for defective items.

    And customers are supposed to believe you when you say itís all OK?

    Oh, and nice image of how brutally violent youíd like to get with anyone who dares to tell the truth and threatens your profits. That nice-small-town-retailer is really taking a hit, donít you think?

    It certainly does show just how deeply your hatred of your customers runs.

    No matter how many times you state your bald-faced lies, they will not become suddenly true.

    You can keep trying to trick your customers for personal gain, just so you can brag about your expensive car. But it isnít going to work.

    People are catching on to your shady policies, and are learning to stay away from your rip-off stores.

    The people you are trying to cheat are learning the laws, and will not be letting you victimize them anymore.

    Nothing you say here or post in your stores can take away the rights that the consumers have.

    And after all those lies, you dare to complain that people donít believe you? Get real.

    You can try to continue cheating customers, lying to them, and trying to convince them that they donít have rights.

    It might even be working with some, but shame on you for even trying.

    Shame on you for being such a CT liar.


    Ever notice how much this blowhard says without actually saying anything relevant?

    Never answers the easy questions, such as why there is not one single article, case law, or legitimate advocate that mentions CTC and illegal policy in the same sentence

    Prognosticator of shit weavery is all he has going for him

    Very sad

Page 22 of 33 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last

Similar Threads

  1. Return Policy is false advertizing
    By Guest-0042 in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: April 14th, 2014, 06:50 PM
  2. Return policy
    By Bob in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: June 14th, 2012, 10:38 PM
  3. Ask an Employee
    By Employee in forum Employees Speak Out
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 24th, 2012, 12:08 AM
  4. Canadian Tire doesn't honor their return policy?
    By Guest-0160 in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: June 6th, 2011, 01:13 PM
  5. stupid b**ch hit my son......
    By dizzy in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 4th, 2010, 04:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions