Page 5 of 33 First ... 3456715 ... Last
Results 41 to 50 of 322

Thread: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

  1. #41
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Bradley

    I want to ask the guy or girl making fun of the canadian tire cat lady. You mentioned that a boy named Resch was permanently brain injured and disfigured when he bought a bike from Canadian Tire. I looked it up and it's true. I think it's a big deal that a boy got injured and the cat lady doesn't care. I like canadian tires and bought one from them this summer and now I wish I hadn't. I want to know how to get the trial information besides calling his personal injury lawyers up because they cost alot of money and I want to get it for free.

    I also want to say that I think your right about tim Hortons being worth more than Canadian Tire. I asked my math teacher how you find out how much a company is worth and he said generally market valuation. So tim hortons is worth 6.5 billion and Canadian Tire is worht 4.6 billion. So its true.

    Can you let me know here or I can give you my e-mail. Thank you.

  2. #42
    Active Member DavidLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Bradley

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You mentioned that a boy named Resch was permanently brain injured and disfigured when he bought a bike from Canadian Tire. I looked it up and it's true.
    I did a little Googling on "Resch" and found this report: "Doing the contributory negligence two-step on personal injury"

    Basically:

    "The jury assessed responsibility for the accident 35 per cent to franchisor head office Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd.; 55 per cent to the CCM bike’s Quebec manufacturer Procycle Group Inc.; and 10 per cent to the Fort Erie Canadian Tire dealership operated by Mills-Roy Enterprises Ltd.

    "The jury explained it was awarding punitive damages against Canadian Tire Corp Ltd. for failing to implement its professed “safety above all policy,” particularly in failing to communicate to its franchisee the urgency of the safety issue."

    Finally, so "real facts".

  3. #43
    Bradley
    Guest Bradley's Avatar

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Thanks DavidLer, but I wanted to know how the other person found the other trial court cases. Maybe I'm getting my terms mixed up but I will come back when I have the right questions. I found some moer facts on Nathan REsch. Canadian Tire lady doesn't think it's terrible what happened to Nathan, from what she said and she didn't give any facts like you, so it's true. I don't think she know's what facts are. I want to know why it took 7 years for it to go to court. I stopped riding my bike and asked my dad to donate it after the bicycle shop makes sure that it's in good condition.

    Bicycle crash changed young man's life
    Fort Erie man in lawsuit tells court of injuries
    Mountain bicycle had been recalled just days before
    Jan. 27, 2006. 05:26 AM
    LESLIE FERENC
    STAFF REPORTER


    Nathan Anthony Resch's life changed in a heartbeat after an accident on a defective mountain bike left him brain damaged and his face disfigured.

    More than seven years after the accident on a Fort Erie street, the now 23-year-old and his parents, Annette and Mark Crayden, are suing Canadian Tire Corp. Ltd.; the bike's Montreal manufacturer, Procycle Group Inc.; and an associated Procycle company, Gestion R.A.D. Inc.

    Resch took the stand yesterday on the first day of the civil trial before Ontario Superior Court Justice Nancy Spies and a six-member jury. The soft-spoken young man wiped away tears as he talked about painful internal and external injuries and the emotional damage he's suffered since the accident May 18, 1998. Resch testified he doesn't remember anything about the accident or much of the 10 days he spent in a Buffalo hospital where he underwent major reconstructive facial surgery.

    Resch suffered severe head injuries, including a fractured forehead and lower jaw. He said his tongue was cut in half, part of his nose was crushed and he suffered multiple facial cuts.

    The injuries occurred when the front suspension forks separated from the frame of his CCM Heat bike purchased at the Fort Erie Canadian Tire store, his lawyer, Craig Brown, told the jury. Resch was sent flying into the air before crash landing face first on the pavement, the jury heard.

    Resch said bone from his hip was used to repair part of his lower jaw. He has a metal plate on one side of his nose and suffers from sinus problems and headaches. Part of his lower lip is sewn to his jaw. Five lower teeth were so damaged he's since had implants. He lost feeling on part of his chin. He said he loses concentration easily and can be emotionally explosive.

    Part of a scar on the right side of his head is where Resch said he was "cut from ear to ear" and the skin pulled back to allow for reconstructive surgery.

  4. #44
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Well Bradley, great research skills and convictions. As amply demonstrated at this site, most adults don't even have basic skills. That's why they're in retail and beat down customers on one sided return policies to feel better about themselves. One more thing, never post your e-mail for your own security!

    The best place to find out about law, trials, cases, or any other questions you may have, is the court house. They've got plenty of people who wouldn't mind helping a young man out. The lawyer talk will get confusing but over time with good questions and research will start to make sense. The hours are long, the issues can be complex and take a lot of time but can be a very rewarding career. Think of how Resch's lawyer felt when he won!

    As for why it takes so long to get to trial? It's the real world and is not fair or has happy endings like TV. It's also a case of david vs goliath where canadian tire "mega corporation" to legions of toady's can afford to drag it out for years in hoping that a regular family like Nathan Resch's will run out of money and drop the lawsuit.

    You've already heard as much from a ct worker in her retort "I don`t and didn`t deny the lawsuits. I clarified them with real facts. Makes them far less impactful and terrible then you attempted to make them out to be." Now does that sound like a company who cares about their own customers, about people? Kind of makes you want to shop else where doesn't it?

    Apply yourself what ever you do and good luck on your next bike!

  5. #45
    CTC old timer
    Guest CTC old timer's Avatar

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ct Me View Post
    You want public records... here read this. It`s called an annual report
    http://corp.canadiantire.ca/EN/Inves...TC_AR_2009.pdf
    Corporation annual revenue is actually 10 billion, perhaps I should have rounded up. 9 billion was low

    As far as I can see you have proven nothing. All you`ve been successful at is dodging the losses you face and throwing insults in retaliation.

    I don`t and didn`t deny the lawsuits. I clarified them with real facts. Makes them far less impactful and terrible then you attempted to make them out to be. My point on the Brantford owner was WHO? YOu know the ct owners move from store to store frequently? It could be anyone for the last 20 years or more.

    Hilarious that you call me bully lol You began the argument, you made your claims, now you're calling me a bully because you have been unable to step up to the plate. None of your i hate ct counterparts have piped up to come to your aid because you're wrong. All you can do is run your mouth with insults.

    step up and play or sit down and shut your mouth.

    that will be all

    next
    I'm really embarrassed by this. Please note that she doesn't speak for the rest of us. Ct Me, you did pull a number from thin air and most likely would've picked the biggest number even if it was a loss.

  6. #46
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Quote Originally Posted by CTC old timer View Post
    I'm really embarrassed by this. Please note that she doesn't speak for the rest of us. Ct Me, you did pull a number from thin air and most likely would've picked the biggest number even if it was a loss.
    I appreciate your concern Old Timer. The number however is 100% accurate. Canadian Tire Corporation posted a hair of $10 billion in revenue in 2009

    http://corp.canadiantire.ca/EN/Inves...TC_AR_2009.pdf

  7. #47
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    I have been with the store for 6 years and have worked in all departments in the retail side. After putting up with stupid customers and dumb management and greedy owners for years, I quit yesterday.

    It dawned on me why that the owners will never keep their promise and give me full time hours. They and their kids show up in bmw's, can afford vacation homes, nice family trips a few times a year, and go to good schools. That's where all my hard work is going and why I never got full time hours or the raises I was promised. I guess I was pretty stupid to get suckered in for all these years. I'm a pretty decent guy and live by my word and feel ashamed that I held up my end of the bargain for nothing.

    In store meetings we were all reminded that we were expendable, and that times were tough and all of us had to share the burden or face cuts. It's hard not to laugh as we all have bills and the owner has another family vacation to go to.

    In all my years there I've seen associates and managers take advantage of weaker customers. Customers who were either too old, teenagers, or sleep deprived parents were easily confused. I sold items to seniors who didn't need it. Like camping gear. The conversation would go along the lines of there grand kids and have they gone camping, fishing, playing hockey etc and wouldn't it be a nice to get them a hockey stick. That would get them talking and they would buy more. Returns were an easy one to enforce with or without the policy. Most would give up without fighting. Sale items would ring in at the original price and would get by them, especially if there shopping cart was full. A few of them return for price corrections and would get it if they could make it by customer service. As for those sales items that no one could find management would always blame it on the vendors or someone else. Like a student didn't order enough, the vendor gave too many to the other store or didn't make enough, or head office screwed up the orders but if they bought it at the original price then customer service could adjust it to the sale price. The customer would have a fight there getting the sale price.

    And now we ask to see government id. Theres all kinds of information in the store computers that shouldn't be there. We don't really need it but the owners want it to increase sales.

  8. #48
    Active Member DavidLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have been with the store for 6 years and have worked in all departments in the retail side. After putting up with stupid customers and dumb management and greedy owners for years, I quit yesterday.
    From what I've seen on this forum, you should brace yourself to be called a liar by the CT defenders, or for loud demands that you provide detailed evidence.

  9. #49
    Posted by an unregistered user CT Me / Lawguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    To he/she who quit... if you've had it, you've had it. Retail surely isn't glamarous and for most not a way to get rich. 6 Years in retail is often like 10 years in other jobs, it really is a tough way to make a living.

    As far as "dumb managers" and "greedy owners" go.... you're entitled to the opinion. We run businesses to make money, profit is not a dirty word, it's our job. To be at the level of owner/dealer.... one must put EVERY dime that the family has in order to begin. it's an awful big leap of faith for anyone to put EVERYTHING at risk, cart the family anywhere in the Country from Coast to Coast that the Corporation decides is your first store...and go, without option to say no. So if we drive fancy cars or live in nice homes.... deal with it. Thats called reaping the rewards for putting it all on the line!!

  10. #50
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Stupid return policy to hide employee theft?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeR View Post
    From what I've seen on this forum, you should brace yourself to be called a liar by the CT defenders, or for loud demands that you provide detailed evidence.
    Why even bother with facts when they're too fuckin stupid to know how to interpret it. Old timer you want to weigh in on this and help yourselves with a bump in the IQ department? Hands off to you for spotting the rotten fruit in your cart, now if only you'd fire them instead of breeding more.The last CT idiot likes to dismiss court facts and reinvent tried and true means of valuation. And then has the nerve for more back pedaling when challenged. Another clerk talking beyond their pay grade.

Page 5 of 33 First ... 3456715 ... Last

Similar Threads

  1. Return Policy is false advertizing
    By Guest-0042 in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: April 14th, 2014, 05:50 PM
  2. Return policy
    By Bob in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: June 14th, 2012, 09:38 PM
  3. Ask an Employee
    By Employee in forum Employees Speak Out
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2012, 11:08 PM
  4. Canadian Tire doesn't honor their return policy?
    By Guest-0160 in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: June 6th, 2011, 12:13 PM
  5. stupid b**ch hit my son......
    By dizzy in forum General Canadian Tire Complaints / Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 4th, 2010, 03:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions