Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Ask A Cashier!

  1. #11

    Re: Ask A Cashier!

    Quote Originally Posted by CT_CS View Post
    However, the product does not carry a warranty through Canadian Tire, and because it was opened, the 90 days exchange/refund does not apply.
    HOWEVER, something that you could have done, was contact the company (Hydroforce)
    BZZT!

    Wrong again!

    A rookie mistake: the question is about return policies and Consumer Protection laws (not warranties).

    Do you care to do a little research and revise your answer?

  2. #12
    Active Member DavidLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Ask A Cashier!

    Quote Originally Posted by CT_CS View Post
    If they ask to get the item at the lower price, we do that (no questions asked).
    Here's a question: If a $30 item was on sale for $20, and it scanned at $30, what price did they train you to charge the customer? $20, or $10?

  3. #13
    Junior Member CT_CS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ask A Cashier!

    Well I was actually curious as to what it was (when I first worked there) because all my previous jobs have been in the private sector, and so when I first learnt about it I was amazed that I had never heard about it before. So as im sure many others have, I went online and watched videos as well as did some research on my own.

  4. #14
    Junior Member CT_CS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ask A Cashier!

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Challenger View Post
    BZZT!

    Wrong again!

    A rookie mistake: the question is about return policies and Consumer Protection laws (not warranties).

    Do you care to do a little research and revise your answer?
    Let me refresh you, you asked, "Well, I'd like to know what Ms. Know-It-All would say to a customer who paid $650 for one of these pools, found out it was defective, and dragged the 228.7 lb thing back to the store?"

    That is what I would have said to you, I Would have explained that because it doesnt have a warranty, I cannot give you a new one (eg. exchange), and because it was opened I cannot refund you (with the 90 day refund policy). With this I would have told you to contact the company and get an R.A. number.

  5. #15
    Junior Member CT_CS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ask A Cashier!

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeR View Post
    Here's a question: If a $30 item was on sale for $20, and it scanned at $30, what price did they train you to charge the customer? $20, or $10?
    Well it depends, If the product was in the wrong home (eg. different product number which often happens when customers are grab something off a shelf and place it down somehere random) we cannot give it to them for that price, however if the product is the same product number and its our fault (like if we left a sale tag up or if there was a price change and we didnt get to it) we will gladly give them the lower price on the shelf, however if they ask / mention the scanning code of practice, we would be obligated to give them the "correct" price (so the 30$ in this case) with 10$ off so bringing it down to 20

  6. #16
    Junior Member CT_CS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ask A Cashier!

    Quote Originally Posted by CTH8R View Post
    This is amusing already!

    Young Ms. Know-It-All-Part-Time-Cashier logged on this afternoon ....

    ... but didn't bother to answer the two questions that were waiting for her!

    LMAO!
    I just want to say, I'm sorry I'm new at this, we can't all be waiting our entire day posting hate messages about companies all day.

  7. #17

    Re: Ask A Cashier!

    Nobody asked you to wait at all.

    But you made the offer, and when you signed it, you didn't bother to answer the questions.

    And you don't sound sorry at all - more like you used this as an opportunity to insult the person whose question you ignored.

  8. #18

    Re: Ask A Cashier!

    I’m sure you have a sincere desire to defend an ex-employer whom you seem to like, and I’m sure you want to be of some help to consumers. Maybe you even think that helping consumers here will reflect well on your employer.

    If those were your plans, they are back-firing, and very badly.

    Instead of making your former employer look good, you are actually exposing their mis-deeds and dishonest practices.

    And, you are simply misleading consumers with incorrect information.

    Isn’t that what you’d call an “epic fail”?

    Some details of the SCOP can be found here:

    Retail Council of Canada: Advocacy & Policy - National: Consumer Protection - Code of Practice: Scanner Price Accuracy Voluntary Code

    Here's the key part:


    1.1 On a claim being presented by the customer, where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store, the lower price will be honoured; and

    (a) if the correct price of the product is $10 or less, the retailer will give the product to the customer free of charge; or

    (b) if the correct price of the product is higher than $10, the retailer will give the customer a discount of $10 off the corrected price.


    There is also a thread on the topic: Getting Free Stuff From CTC - Legally!

    First thing: it is not necessary for the customer to ask for the SCOP to be applied. All that is necessary if for the customer to “present a claim” (as described above). Other stores, like Shoppers Drug Mart, are well known for offering the discount, as required. Crappy Tire is well known for making the customer ask.

    So, your store has been systematically cheating customers out of the $10 SCOP every single time a customer pointed out an error, but didn’t ask for the SCOP to be applied.

    Second thing: the $10 discount applies to the “correct” price (i.e. the sale price). In the example, the correct/sale price is $20, so with the $10 discount, the customer should have only paid $10.

    Again, your store has been systematically cheating customers out of the sale price (in the example, another $10).

    Here’s something else from the site:

    “2.1 Once a scanner pricing error is brought to the attention of the retailer, appropriate steps should be taken as quickly as possible to correct the source of the error.”

    Based on your description, your store was failing to do correct their pricing.

    Your store has been systematically over-charging customers, even though a few alert customers had already pointed out the error.


    Personally, I’m disgusted that your store would stoop to such under-handed tactics.

    But based on the reports we see on sites like this, I’m not surprised. Because you have once again confirmed that Canadian Tire Sucks.

    But what about you?

    You claim that you have “done some research” on this topic.

    Well, you certainly don’t seem very good at research!

    But more importantly, if you are going to post on a consumer web site, you have an obligation to at least be accurate in what you write.
    Last edited by CT Challenger; January 24th, 2012 at 07:13 AM.

  9. #19
    Junior Member CT_CS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ask A Cashier!

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Challenger View Post
    I’m sure you have a sincere desire to defend an ex-employer whom you seem to like, and I’m sure you want to be of some help to consumers. Maybe you even think that helping consumers here will reflect well on your employer.

    If those were your plans, they are back-firing, and very badly.

    Instead of making your former employer look good, you are actually exposing their mis-deeds and dishonest practices.

    And, you are simply misleading consumers with incorrect information.

    Isn’t that what you’d call an “epic fail”?

    Some details of the SCOP can be found here:

    Retail Council of Canada: Advocacy & Policy - National: Consumer Protection - Code of Practice: Scanner Price Accuracy Voluntary Code

    Here's the key part:


    1.1 On a claim being presented by the customer, where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store, the lower price will be honoured; and

    (a) if the correct price of the product is $10 or less, the retailer will give the product to the customer free of charge; or

    (b) if the correct price of the product is higher than $10, the retailer will give the customer a discount of $10 off the corrected price.


    There is also a thread on the topic: Getting Free Stuff From CTC - Legally!

    First thing: it is not necessary for the customer to ask for the SCOP to be applied. All that is necessary if for the customer to “present a claim” (as described above). Other stores, like Shoppers Drug Mart, are well known for offering the discount, as required. Crappy Tire is well known for making the customer ask.

    So, your store has been systematically cheating customers out of the $10 SCOP every single time a customer pointed out an error, but didn’t ask for the SCOP to be applied.

    Second thing: the $10 discount applies to the “correct” price (i.e. the sale price). In the example, the correct/sale price is $20, so with the $10 discount, the customer should have only paid $10.

    Again, your store has been systematically cheating customers out of the sale price (in the example, another $10).

    Here’s something else from the site:

    “2.1 Once a scanner pricing error is brought to the attention of the retailer, appropriate steps should be taken as quickly as possible to correct the source of the error.”

    Based on your description, your store was failing to do correct their pricing.

    Your store has been systematically over-charging customers, even though a few alert customers had already pointed out the error.


    Personally, I’m disgusted that your store would stoop to such under-handed tactics.

    But based on the reports we see on sites like this, I’m not surprised. Because you have once again confirmed that Canadian Tire Sucks.

    But what about you?

    You claim that you have “done some research” on this topic.

    Well, you certainly don’t seem very good at research!

    But more importantly, if you are going to post on a consumer web site, you have an obligation to at least be accurate in what you write.
    Actually, now that I have re-read what I wrote i do see that I am wrong, (that's the thing I do not like about this site is that once you post something it has to be reviewed and you can't see it) but yes, the would be taken 10 dollars off the lowest correct price so it would have been 10,
    Not to mention it also says "1.1 On a claim being presented by the customer" which means that we offer to give them the price on the tag if it's the right product number, but unless they present us with a claim we do not issue it.
    And oh you trust me i am not trying to defend my previous employer, I of course don't agree with some of the rules that I have had to deal with, but I have posted in this forum to answer questions with my knowledge.
    Not to mention the store must take appropriate actions to take care of the source of the error, yes of course we do as soon as an incorrect price is found we take the tag and staple it to the override slip for balancing purposes and make a new tag for that item (if there was a price change that me missed or something of the sort)
    And trust me I am accurate in what I write because I have only had experience with the store in where I live, because as you most certainly know, each store can have their own policy's. And I'm sure you haven't looked and examined and called every single store.

  10. #20
    Senior Member CTH8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,320
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Ask A Cashier!

    Quote Originally Posted by CT_CS View Post
    Actually, now that I have re-read what I wrote i do see that I am wrong
    "OK, so, like, anything I ever posted? That was like, later proven to be, ya know, totally wrong? I really just meant to give the right answer was all along - whatever that was. You know?"

    LMAO!

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Cashier Utters Threats and Swearing to Customer
    By Guest-0027 in forum Personal Stories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: June 11th, 2010, 12:20 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions