Guest-0084

Posted by an unregistered user
The people at customer service are horrible. I had this stupid teenager with red hair that wouldn't allow me to return my lawn mower, well I got to speak to a manager about that little brat. I had to wait 30 minutes before I was able to get my money back. I'm never shopping there again, the customer service is very lacking at this store. TRUST ME, never shop here.

Guest-0091

if you couldnt read the back of ur receipt, or all the returns statement signs through the store, here it is:
"If a product is used or defective the manufactures warrenty applies"
Online warrenty statement: "This product carries a 7-day initial defect replacement warranty and a 4-year repair warranty against manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials, when accompanied by proof of purchase."

ALSO, if that wasnt enough, about 15 signs are posted at cashs, returns desk, and all around the lawn mower displays stating "Lawn Mower Warrenty: Once used carries a repair warrenty"

Maybe your the dumbass that just doesnt no how to read??

Guest-0092

Ahaha, very true.
Learn to read. And dont bitch about people like this. just shows you dont have a life. and that your not a nice person. No one is going to take your side on this.

Guest-0061

I'll take the original poster's side. So will most others on this board, but we generally don't reply to lame posts such as the four posts after the original.

IKnowThings

My question is, how 'used' was this lawnmower? Because it seems to me, to know whether or not it's defective, you would have to at least try to start the thing. Was it returned because of a defect, or was it used to actually cut the grass before returning it?
It still shouldn't have taken half an hour just to get your money back from this.

Guest-0103

hahahah awh amy. don't listen to that person.
you were just doin' your job like anyone else in the store.
you know that saying, "the customer is always right".
well no, the customer is not always right.

i love ctc fo life!!

Guest-0122

This store is horrendous. Their customer service department is ridiculous. I expect this from a bunch of teenagers who haven't been properly trained. I had to call back numerous times because teenage chick with no brain couldn't adequately copy a receipt and leave it where someone might be able to find it. The bigger issue with this corporation, is the fact that they stock products you immediately have to deal with the supplier on. For example, purchase a DVD player and bring it home. After 30 days if it no longer works, Canadian Tire will not take it back. You must deal directly with the supplier (but do so through Canadian Tire- where they can barely structure sentence and maintain eye contact long enough to actually help you.) I will NEVER purchase anything from this store again.

Guest-0123

i actually love coming on here and reading what everyone has to say.
if you all hate the store so much, why do you waste your time coming on here?
i love when someone says "i will NEVER shop here again"...
well, i seen you today. why did you lie ?
i wish you people would understand that it is just the policy and rules of the store.
i'm sure that at your job there are just things that can't be done for a certain reason and policies you have to follow. same thing here.
all you cranky costomers make my job so much easier.
thanks for caring.

Guest-0110

i actually love coming on here and reading what everyone has to say.
if you all hate the store so much, why do you waste your time coming on here?
i love when someone says "i will NEVER shop here again"...
well, i seen you today. why did you lie ?
i wish you people would understand that it is just the policy and rules of the store.
i'm sure that at your job there are just things that can't be done for a certain reason and policies you have to follow. same thing here.
all you cranky costomers make my job so much easier.
thanks for caring.

I haven't shopped at Canadian Tire in close to seven years. That's seven years of sales revenue out the door to other companies. Why? Because of the outright arrogance and sleaziness of the Canadian Tire Corporation from their head office right down to the cashiers. This website will serve the purpose of alerting others before they get bogged down in their stores.
Their unwritten rule at Canadian Tire is, "Screw the customer out of their money any way you can. If the customer has a problem later on, too bad for them!"
Many of the store employees (including managers) are idiots to begin with, as the above post will attest.
It's pretty pathetic when you can't capitalize the beginning of your sentences or the word "I" and refer to customers as "costomers".

Guest-0144

to iknowthings, the reson we don't take back lawn mowers after there used is that we'd have to throw them out, the majority are gas powered and once filled with gas retain the smell, would you buy a lawnmower that smelled like gas? god knows most people wont buy somthing that looks like it might have been taken out of the box at all. we do have repair warrentys on lawn mowers and we can usualy get them fixed and back to you in a few days, with no cost to the customer.

to rogerrz, from what very little i've read on this form you seem like a truely unhappy person with self esteem issues, please don't take them out on others, it's not at all polite.

as to why it took 30 min, i can speculate that it was probably a busy day and the managers have better things to do then catter to the indulgent whims of customers like that.

and don't pick on our little redheaded friend, she's a very nice girl and knows what she's talking about :)

have a great day and thank you for shopping at canadian tire

Guest-0183

God you people need to get a life and leave this store alone. ITS STATED EVERYWHERE You cant expect to use something then return it once your done doing what you needed to do. She was just doing her job, so f off

Guest-0164

God you people need to get a life and leave this store alone. ITS STATED EVERYWHERE You cant expect to use something then return it once your done doing what you needed to do. She was just doing her job, so f off

I agree with you on every point, but youll never win an argument here. If any of these people had any brains or life they wouldn't be bitchin on this site.

Guest-0250

I took my mower in before the 7 day return policy was up. I allowed them to try to fix it before returning it for money back. My grass will not stop growing so i hope they get it back quickly. It was a Honda powered Troy built self propeled mower. It started and ran good the first mow. then started smoking a lot and bogging out. I don't know much about mowers, but the guy at the garden center said it was state of the art. I expected more than 1 mow for $500. Perhaps it was a defect, or it will get repaired soon. I will give them the benifit of the doubt, but will keep posting updates. :|

Guest-0205

I took my mower in before the 7 day return policy was up. I allowed them to try to fix it before returning it for money back. My grass will not stop growing so i hope they get it back quickly. It was a Honda powered Troy built self propeled mower. It started and ran good the first mow. then started smoking a lot and bogging out. I don't know much about mowers, but the guy at the garden center said it was state of the art. I expected more than 1 mow for $500. Perhaps it was a defect, or it will get repaired soon. I will give them the benifit of the doubt, but will keep posting updates. :|

Probably a defect, i'm a manager at a CT and we do have allot of problems with the yard work ones but the troy built seem pretty good. The store is following procedure and do have to attempt to repair it, however if it takes too long or if you get it back and there are still problems i would recommend requesting something called a code 50 (customer satisfaction claim) and then can deal with it immediately. good luck and happy mowing :)

Guest-0385

I had an issue once with teenage employees that do not care and only want to bide the day away and get paid.
I was looking for a new spray handle for my hose as ours broke. I went into Canadian tire and found them but the whoe box of them were defective. The clip was missing on all of them to give the trigger the spring when you spray. Well I asked one teenage employee and he looked at it and says "that's how they are suppoed to be". I am not nuts and know better but he swore they were ok. I got the department manager and he took one look and said they were no good and took the whole box off the shelf. I refuse to talk to these kids and go to Canadian tire only if I have no other option.