Thread: Fired For Being A Competent and Honest Service Manager

Fired For Being A Competent and Honest Service Manager

I worked as a Service Manager for a Canadian Tire Store in Northern Ontario and it was a job I truly loved. But we were under staffed and my parts co-worker was incompetent and I had to constantly fix his computer and service errors. He was a major butt-kisser and had the store manager thinking he was wonderful and that I was a problem. After a while, I noticed that the head mechanic and store manager were in collusion with some "special" customers. In other words, they did not run certain fleet vehicle repairs through the computer system and most likely pocketed the cash. I confronted them on this on a Wednesday and by Friday I was working alone and overwhelmed with abusive customers. In my opinion, this was a setup to fail. I politely complained about one abusive customer to the store manager in accord with the company harassment policy and he and an underling immediately terminated my employment stating that I was unable to keep up with the flood of customers. This experience left such a bad taste in my mouth that it has taken me a couple of years to make this post.

Re: Fired For Being A Competent and Honest Service Manager

I'm sorry to hear about the terrible treatment that you received.

Sometime it's na´ve to think that CT employees, managers and even owners can be so dishonest.

Thanks for your behind-the-scenes view of a crappy service center.

Maybe some of these stories will help: Canadian Tire Owners and Employees: Charges, Convictions, Investigations

CT Challenger,

Thank you for your comments and the link to similar stories. I'll check it out.

Regards, Richard.

I assume That I can't give out the names and store location involved in the above event.

Blog Entries

I don't see a problem naming the store. People do that all the time. The only problem is posting someone's name, I think.

OK, thanks. I'll have to think about it.