How do you rate this store? (You may check muliple boxes)

• [color=green]Overall experience was GOOD.[/color]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [color=red]Overall experience was BAD.[/color]

• [color=green]Staff is/was POLILTE, HELPFUL and PROFESSIONAL.[/color]

• [color=red]Staff is/was UNPLEASANT and UNHELPFUL.[/color]

• [color=green]Store is/was well stocked and organized.[/color]

• [color=red]Store is/was NOT well stocked and organized.[/color]

• [color=green]Store is/was neat and clean.[/color]

• [color=red]Store is/was dirty, neglected and untidy.[/color]

• [color=green]YES I am satisfied with the products / service.[/color]

• [color=red]NO I am NOT satisfied with the products / service.[/color]

• [color=green]YES I would recommend this store to others.[/color]

• [color=red]NO I would NOT recommend this store to others.[/color]

• Total voters

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Rate this Canadian Tire store?

Please vote on the above poll.
  • You may select multiple choices.
  • Only choose the options that apply.
  • Try to be honest.
Post other opinions and thought on this particular store below.

Guest-0276

Posted by an unregistered user
I've shopped at CT for years and never once was asked for personal information and photo ID all for wanting to make a simple exchange with a receipt! The experience was very unpleasant and left me feeling harassed and embarrassed. The cashier used the words "refuse your exchange or refund" without producing ID and would "file charges for fraud if the info given doesn't match the ID!" I reluctantly gave her my information and was shocked when she punched in all my information to the computer she had it for almost 10 minutes.

Because I was treated like a criminal here's what I'm going to do.

1. let everyone know
2. Not take my cars there for servicing or shop there again. This crappy experience over a $10 exchange will cost them thousands.

It didn't take long for the CEO, an ex Bell Canada president to come up with stupid policies to screw the customers over

Is this the no hassle shopping experience they were talking about?

Guest-0164

I've shopped at CT for years and never once was asked for personal information and photo ID all for wanting to make a simple exchange with a receipt! The experience was very unpleasant and left me feeling harassed and embarrassed. The cashier used the words "refuse your exchange or refund" without producing ID and would "file charges for fraud if the info given doesn't match the ID!" I reluctantly gave her my information and was shocked when she punched in all my information to the computer she had it for almost 10 minutes.

Because I was treated like a criminal here's what I'm going to do.

1. let everyone know
2. Not take my cars there for servicing or shop there again. This crappy experience over a $10 exchange will cost them thousands.

It didn't take long for the CEO, an ex Bell Canada president to come up with stupid policies to screw the customers over

Is this the no hassle shopping experience they were talking about?

well then stop being a criminal... jeeze

Guest-0276

This store sucks ass, dumb people. Rather socialize than work and give out wrong information regularly. Managers are worse.

Guest-0276

I'll never shop at Canadian Tire again! The kids behind the customer service desk were rather rude and disrespectful with my return (unopened package). I had a receipt and and credit card for the refund. They wanted all kinds of personal information, address, birth date, and sin. Can you believe that. I raised my voice and repeated what they were asked "birth date and sin ?!?!?!". They said they were joking and that some people actually give it. The staff were laughing and so was the manager in the black shirt. The people behind me clearly heard what was going on was also unnerved by it. That they would even attempt to secure such private information from a senior citizen was shocking. A young woman behind me told me never to give out that information not even my address as they already had my credit card information. The manager told me it was necessary for the return and I would be charged with fraud if I didn't. I was flabbergasted to say the least. Fraud for making a return purchased on a credit card????. At this point the people in the line up behind me were getting upset at my treatment by their staff. A couple behind me got involved and told them to stop giving me a hard time and just process the return. The manager relented and said it was a good will gesture. I left but not before getting the general managers name. I've told my children and grandchildren about this experience. They were upset by it and vow never to shop there again.

CT_MANAGER

If this is true, a call to customer relations should be made to report this location. Once the actual Owner (District Manager) knows of this, something will be done.

1. If you don't follow our return policy and not want to give us your PhotoID (first name/last, address, Postal code) and telephone number, we do not accuse you of fraud; we simply refuse the return.

2. Asking for SIN and birthdate (especially SIN) whether was a joke or not is Not funny and should be reported.

Guest-0276

If this is true, a call to customer relations should be made to report this location. Once the actual Owner (District Manager) knows of this, something will be done.

1. If you don't follow our return policy and not want to give us your PhotoID (first name/last, address, Postal code) and telephone number, we do not accuse you of fraud; we simply refuse the return.

2. Asking for SIN and birthdate (especially SIN) whether was a joke or not is Not funny and should be reported.

Mr. CT Manager,

My grandmother was clearly shaken by the whole ordeal and was given contact information of other customers who tried to help when the CT staff was way out-of-line. I've already received an e-mail from one of them confirming the details of incident. What I take issue with is your assertion:

1. For further escalation. Don't worry, we won't be wasting our families time at any CT stores again.

2. That my grandmother's lying about the whole thing. Not when others can freely corroborate the incident.

3. That "we do not accuse you of fraud". You maybe speaking about what goes on in your own store but clearly were not there when it happened. Threatening a senior citizen with persecution for not volunteering her personal information for a simple return, speaks volumes of your stores corporate bullying. Especially when she's asked for her sin and birth date during the refund process.

Canadian Tire used to be a good store but has gone downhill in the last few years. Sad really.

Guest-0164

Mr. CT Manager,

My grandmother was clearly shaken by the whole ordeal and was given contact information of other customers who tried to help when the CT staff was way out-of-line. I've already received an e-mail from one of them confirming the details of incident. What I take issue with is your assertion:

1. For further escalation. Don't worry, we won't be wasting our families time at any CT stores again.

2. That my grandmother's lying about the whole thing. Not when others can freely corroborate the incident.

3. That "we do not accuse you of fraud". You maybe speaking about what goes on in your own store but clearly were not there when it happened. Threatening a senior citizen with persecution for not volunteering her personal information for a simple return, speaks volumes of your stores corporate bullying. Especially when she's asked for her sin and birth date during the refund process.

Canadian Tire used to be a good store but has gone downhill in the last few years. Sad really.

maybe your grandma's just cenial

CT_MANAGER

Mr. CT Manager,

I'm sorry but somewhere you completely misunderstood what was said. I never accused anyone of fraud. If you reread my message, you will see that I was on your side and said to report the store. I'm not sure why you would see any negativity in my reply.

Guest-0286

Don't go there. I've been to the service center twice and both times left feeling screwed over. The last time I was there the service dept manager guy didn't know, but I heard him talking with another employee about how "the guys are lazy and they just stand around, I can't get them to move." Well guess what... lead by example. Both times I have gone there with very specific instructions about what I wanted done, neither of the times were the instructions followed and therefore the bill both times was astronomical compared to what a non-mentally-challenged (politically correct) service dept would have charged. Don't waste your time and money, like I did. Take your business somewhere else. There may be a shop somewhere else that won't waste your time and money.

Guest-0276

Don't go there. I've been to the service center twice and both times left feeling screwed over. The last time I was there the service dept manager guy didn't know, but I heard him talking with another employee about how "the guys are lazy and they just stand around, I can't get them to move." Well guess what... lead by example. Both times I have gone there with very specific instructions about what I wanted done, neither of the times were the instructions followed and therefore the bill both times was astronomical compared to what a non-mentally-challenged (politically correct) service dept would have charged. Don't waste your time and money, like I did. Take your business somewhere else. There may be a shop somewhere else that won't waste your time and money.

Yes they are lazy. 4 guys behind the counter with one guy working. The line up is getting longer and the guys are making small talk ignoring the growing lineup. I went there to pick up my car and pay for tires and found that the tires weren't added on. I paid the bill and left :)

Guest-0276

Went in for a return box unopened as I found another lawnmower with the features I wanted.

And what a frickin hassle it was!!!
Asked for personal information etc even though I had a receipt. They asked for my drivers license I showed them but didn't hand it over to them. At this point the manager steps in and said they couldn't process the return if I didn't hand over the drivers license to enter information into the computer. Then they got nasty and asked me to leave the store or they would call police. I said I will take it to the media as I work for CTV and showed my ID swipe card. Then did they back down.

Don't buy anything from this store as it's nothing but a fucking hassle!!!

CT_MANAGER

Went in for a return box unopened as I found another lawnmower with the features I wanted.

And what a frickin hassle it was!!!
Asked for personal information etc even though I had a receipt. They asked for my drivers license I showed them but didn't hand it over to them. At this point the manager steps in and said they couldn't process the return if I didn't hand over the drivers license to enter information into the computer. Then they got nasty and asked me to leave the store or they would call police. I said I will take it to the media as I work for CTV and showed my ID swipe card. Then did they back down.

Don't buy anything from this store as it's nothing but a fucking hassle!!!

The return policy is clearly indicated throughout the store and even on your own receipt. There is no reason to be surprised that you would be required to show this information.

Guest-0276

The return policy is clearly indicated throughout the store and even on your own receipt. There is no reason to be surprised that you would be required to show this information.

Clearly you didn't read what was posted. I said I showed it to them!!! They wanted me to hand over my drivers license so they could enter in my information to their computer. I checked with the legal department and the privacy commissioner for their thoughts. They didn't even have to research it as they know it's illegal. So they, you CT Manager could have as many stupid policies as you want but when it's against Federal statues then you're clearly in the wrong. To all those out there, quote privacy and the PIPA act. They or any other store aren't allowed to enter in any information from your license. Just show them, never hand it over to them.

CT Manager what's your store location?

CT_MANAGER

Clearly you didn't read what was posted. I said I showed it to them!!! They wanted me to hand over my drivers license so they could enter in my information to their computer. I checked with the legal department and the privacy commissioner for their thoughts. They didn't even have to research it as they know it's illegal. So they, you CT Manager could have as many stupid policies as you want but when it's against Federal statues then you're clearly in the wrong. To all those out there, quote privacy and the PIPA act. They or any other store aren't allowed to enter in any information from your license. Just show them, never hand it over to them.

CT Manager what's your store location?

In order to do any type of return, photo ID is required. If you showed them your photo ID, they would simply need to see it and record the first name, last name, address, and postal code. Did you allow them record off of it (in your possession ) or did you simply flash it?

And in regards to the "Privacy Act" and "PIPA act". It would be illegal if CT were to record your Drivers license number. However for a return for fraud preventative measures, it is perfectly (Just barely mind you) legal.

Guest-0276

In order to do any type of return, photo ID is required. If you showed them your photo ID, they would simply need to see it and record the first name, last name, address, and postal code. Did you allow them record off of it (in your possession ) or did you simply flash it?

And in regards to the "Privacy Act" and "PIPA act". It would be illegal if CT were to record your Drivers license number. However for a return for fraud preventative measures, it is perfectly (Just barely mind you) legal.

I showed the abrasive CT staff, one a manager two pieces of ID long enough to prove who I am. They took a longer look at my media ID and thought deeper about the shit storm I can and still might bring. It's amazing you guys record all that information for a simple return. Can you guarantee that all your customers information is safe from misuse? I thought not. Don't forget there are national statistics on in-store retail theft. For fraud prevention you say? Well here's some news for you, it's to prevent ID fraud on myself that I didn't divulge that information. Simply giving it to your hands when it's not warranted, is just asking for trouble.

For all of you out there, calls to corporate office customer-relations were also misleading as they believe that the store can record anything they like.

Here's a little tid bit. CT has been sanctioned a few times by the Privacy Commissioner for invasion of privacy i.e. recording information off drivers license. It looks like CT hasn't learned anything from it and needs to be fined by the Privacy act.

CT_MANAGER

I showed the abrasive CT staff, one a manager two pieces of ID long enough to prove who I am. They took a longer look at my media ID and thought deeper about the shit storm I can and still might bring. It's amazing you guys record all that information for a simple return. Can you guarantee that all your customers information is safe from misuse? I thought not. Don't forget there are national statistics on in-store retail theft. For fraud prevention you say? Well here's some news for you, it's to prevent ID fraud on myself that I didn't divulge that information. Simply giving it to your hands when it's not warranted, is just asking for trouble.

For all of you out there, calls to corporate office customer-relations were also misleading as they believe that the store can record anything they like.

Here's a little tid bit. CT has been sanctioned a few times by the Privacy Commissioner for invasion of privacy i.e. recording information off drivers license. It looks like CT hasn't learned anything from it and needs to be fined by the Privacy act.

If you would have read your receipt, you would have known already that photo ID is required and that your first name, last name, address, and postal code would be entered. There is a reason that the return policy is stated on the receipt. If you choose not to read it and proceed to go to the store to do a return only to be required what is already pre-mentioned ahead of time. You cannot blame the staff or the management team who was doing just what it states on your own receipt and simply "doing their job". The staff nor the management team made the rules; the dealer/corporation did.

So to argue with the staff and management team at the store who are "doing their job" is waste of both your time, our time, and the customers behind you who had to stand and wait for you. If you would have read your own receipt about the return policy you could have saved yourself much grief and stress.

And as I've mentioned before, we obtain no other information other than is right there out in the open in public access in your very own mailbox at home; Your postal information.

Guest-0276

If you would have read your receipt, you would have known already that photo ID is required and that your first name, last name, address, and postal code would be entered. There is a reason that the return policy is stated on the receipt. If you choose not to read it and proceed to go to the store to do a return only to be required what is already pre-mentioned ahead of time. You cannot blame the staff or the management team who was doing just what it states on your own receipt and simply "doing their job". The staff nor the management team made the rules; the dealer/corporation did.

So to argue with the staff and management team at the store who are "doing their job" is waste of both your time, our time, and the customers behind you who had to stand and wait for you. If you would have read your own receipt about the return policy you could have saved yourself much grief and stress.

And as I've mentioned before, we obtain no other information other than is right there out in the open in public access in your very own mailbox at home; Your postal information.

You and your ilk can explain that "doing my job bit" on the stand friend or maybe cry about it after you're fined too. Breaking federal law, harassing good people and perpetuating identify theft; that part of your job too? Funny you mentioned nothing about instore theft i.e. millions of Canadian tire credit cards were "compromised". Google that, friend. Or what about already in the Privacy offices bad books for doing the same thing! You should look it up.

The media person you blame did take a stand to your store bs policies and did get their refund back. So much for "wasting their time". As for taking up time and making a spectacle for the refund, don't kid yourself that it was the customer wasting time. It was you Canadian Tire jerks wasting everyone's time with the idiotic policies. It showed everyone else in the line what jerks you are and how low you go by ripping off a customer.

BTW Canada post just has addresses and never did have a "phone book". Which makes your statement "we obtain no other information other than is right there out in the open in public access in your very own mailbox at home; Your postal information" a complete lie. My information is certainly not there, but it is with the government and the banks. So go ahead and spread more lies and other misleading information. The public likes to see that.

CT_MANAGER

You and your ilk can explain that "doing my job bit" on the stand friend or maybe cry about it after you're fined too. Breaking federal law, harassing good people and perpetuating identify theft; that part of your job too? Funny you mentioned nothing about instore theft i.e. millions of Canadian tire credit cards were "compromised". Google that, friend. Or what about already in the Privacy offices bad books for doing the same thing! You should look it up.

The media person you blame did take a stand to your store bs policies and did get their refund back. So much for "wasting their time". As for taking up time and making a spectacle for the refund, don't kid yourself that it was the customer wasting time. It was you Canadian Tire jerks wasting everyone's time with the idiotic policies. It showed everyone else in the line what jerks you are and how low you go by ripping off a customer.

BTW Canada post just has addresses and never did have a "phone book". Which makes your statement "we obtain no other information other than is right there out in the open in public access in your very own mailbox at home; Your postal information" a complete lie. My information is certainly not there, but it is with the government and the banks. So go ahead and spread more lies and other misleading information. The public likes to see that.

If our policy is against the law as what you here claim, then Canadian Tire would be sued by anyone who wants to take it to court. As a stated before, it is NOT against the law requiring the information we require if it is used for purpose of fraud prevention, and that policy is stated to the customer. Your receipt says all that we require. The store posts signs on what we require. If you chose not to read them, that is no ones fault but your own.

As for taking up time and making a spectacle for the refund, don't kid yourself that it was the customer wasting time. It was you Canadian Tire jerks wasting everyone's time with the idiotic policies. It showed everyone else in the line what jerks you are and how low you go by ripping off a customer.
Actually no that would simply show that you could have saved all the time if you read your receipt knowing very well this information would be required.

For someone who seems to be quite on top of things in the internet world, you would already know how EASILY anyone can obtain your "phonebook" number from just your own mail in your mailbox in seconds.

As a said before, what we require is legal, JUST by the skin of our teeth but the fact is it is still legal.