How do you rate this store? (You may check muliple boxes)

• [color=green]Overall experience was GOOD.[/color]

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • [color=red]Overall experience was BAD.[/color]

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • [color=green]Staff is/was POLILTE, HELPFUL and PROFESSIONAL.[/color]

• [color=red]Staff is/was UNPLEASANT and UNHELPFUL.[/color]

• [color=green]Store is/was well stocked and organized.[/color]

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • [color=red]Store is/was NOT well stocked and organized.[/color]

• [color=green]Store is/was neat and clean.[/color]

• [color=red]Store is/was dirty, neglected and untidy.[/color]

• [color=green]YES I am satisfied with the products / service.[/color]

• [color=red]NO I am NOT satisfied with the products / service.[/color]

• [color=green]YES I would recommend this store to others.[/color]

• [color=red]NO I would NOT recommend this store to others.[/color]

• Total voters

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Rate this Canadian Tire store?

Please vote on the above poll.
  • You may select multiple choices.
  • Only choose the options that apply.
  • Try to be honest.
Post other opinions and thought on this particular store below.

Guest-0506

Posted by an unregistered user
Went to their Auto Service because my tire was "humming". Was given a quote of $2700 for both front bearings, tie rods, front rotors and rear breaks. They said my vehicle would be very dangerous to drive without having ALL of the work done. I said forget it and got a second opinion from a family-owned garage recommended by a friend (Westview Auto). Tie rods were fine, only one bearing needed replaced, and back breaks/rotors are at 25% so they're fine for another few months. $500 total.

Don't go to Canadian Tire Auto Service!!!!

CT Challenger

Went to their Auto Service because my tire was "humming". Was given a quote of $2700 for both front bearings, tie rods, front rotors and rear breaks. They said my vehicle would be very dangerous to drive without having ALL of the work done. I said forget it and got a second opinion from a family-owned garage recommended by a friend (Westview Auto). Tie rods were fine, only one bearing needed replaced, and back breaks/rotors are at 25% so they're fine for another few months. $500 total.

Don't go to Canadian Tire Auto Service!!!!

sounds like you dodged a bullet there

lots of similar stories on here by people who weren't so lucky

maybe not every crappy tire garage is as bad but you never know

thanks for the heads up!

THEBIGD

I have to say I will never shop at the Fort Road Store ever. I needed a turn single light bulb put into my mini van.Well they wanted $35.00 to put in a simple bulb.To top it off I had to buy a 2 pack of bulbs and they gave me the wrong one's.So I took my mini van to R.R.Automotive out in the Evergreen Mobile Home Park.He sold me the correct bulb and installed it for me at no charge.Canadian Tire said it would take a half hour of labor.In fact it to R.R less then 5 minutes to install the bulb.I now take my mini van only to R.R Automotive for anything I need done on my mini van. This is a great shop and are very fair priced for everything.

CT Challenger

I have to say I will never shop at the Fort Road Store ever. I needed a turn single light bulb put into my mini van.Well they wanted $35.00 to put in a simple bulb.To top it off I had to buy a 2 pack of bulbs and they gave me the wrong one's.So I took my mini van to R.R.Automotive out in the Evergreen Mobile Home Park.He sold me the correct bulb and installed it for me at no charge.Canadian Tire said it would take a half hour of labor.In fact it to R.R less then 5 minutes to install the bulb.I now take my mini van only to R.R Automotive for anything I need done on my mini van. This is a great shop and are very fair priced for everything.

This reads kind of like an advertisement for R.R. Automotive in the Evergreen Mobile Home Park, Edmonton, with great service, low prices and plenty of free parking.

On the other hand, it's good to know there are alternatives to the CT rip-off place.

I've noticed these over-priced bulbs, too, where you can't just buy 1, so you as stuck with a second over-priced bulb that you won't need for years.

THEBIGD

Not Free advertisement as this guy was very honest to only charge me the price of the bulb.Nothing to out it in.And yes this guy has done a lot of good work an d a much lower price as he only uses Genuine Dealer Parts.They cost more but you know you know he will guarantee the part if there is a problem.And to me that's worth paying a bit more for the right part.As I don't know how many times I had to take a part I got from Canadian Tire that did not fit or work.Believe me a lot.

mspolarbear

This is the worst store in edmonton and their service sucks big time. I will never, ever walk through their doors again and i suggest people before you purchase anything from canadian tire you research thoroughly the warranty and returns. I purchased a $600.00 portable air conditioner and it worked for 2 weeks then quit. When i went to canadian tire they pretty well said too bad, so sad and give me a phone number in winnipeg to call. Crap crap crap and shame, shame, shame on you.