• Somewhat No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yes!

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

DavidLeR

The best option would be to not buy anything from CT.

I recently tackled a big outdoor project. I needed lots of new tools, supplies, equipment, etc.

I drove past the local CT outlet. "Nah", I thought, "If I have to return something, it'll be a hassle. And I don't like the way these stores have been ripping off people on car repairs".

I kept on driving, to a competing store, known for their lenient return policies.

"Do I need 2 of these, or 3?" I asked myself. "Heck, I'll just get 3, and if I don't need it, I'll bring it back". So, I bought 3, and ended up keeping one as a spare.

"Do I need the 4-inch or the 5?" I pondered. Well, I got one of each. Easy returns means no extra trip home to check, nor to come back for a (potentially abusive) return experience, like I'd risk at CT.

"Hey, those are nice light fixtures. Maybe I should replace the porch light while I'm at it". A little extra sales for my store-of-choice (and not you-know-who).

"Maybe I'll upgrade one of my power-tools while I'm here. Oh, and I could use one of those pails. And some carpenter's pencils. And ... ". You get the idea.

When I was done my project, and had some items to return, it was smooth sailing. In fact, they had everything already in the computer - they just scanned my receipt, scanned the items, and voila! The money was refunded.

And everybody was friendly and helpful.

If these other retailers can pull it off so well, why is it so hard for CT, who already have the head-start of so much Candian loyalty?

Don't know; don't care. I'm just happy there are other places that give good service.

It would be nice to have forum about specific products CT sells. If you post on CT's web site customer reviews you and I know the reviews are censored.
This way some other unlucky stiff does not waste their time and money buying crap that CT knows is NFG. and still sells months and years later.

You're 100% right. I went out of my way to support a Canadian Company (Crappy Tire).
No more, too many times getting burned! As for CT auto repair they are not much cheaper than the
dealer so why go there? If you have an older car try to find a smaller shop. Ask your friends
where they go.
A good mechanics shop is worth their weight in GOLD.

N

NFG STORE

The Kelowna CT store without my permisson had an apprentice work on my vehicle to correct a rough idle.
I took the vehicle in for new tires, and nothing under the hook. The vehicle didn't start easily and stalled when I picked it up. I returned the next day and they said they didn't touch anything even though they admitted being under the hook to correct a rough idle. I spent $300 at the transmission shop to service the transmission and they said someone was under the hook working on the transmission linkages. The transmission failed that day, which cost me
$3,000 to fix. The lairs in the service department, and the manager as well as the VP from back east, basically said
SUCK IT UP AND FIX YOUR VEHICLE, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE!

So my vehicle is in excellent running condition, and they had to push it out in their parking lot because they couldn't
start it when they were finished, and didn't even have the balls to call me and tell me the vehicle was DEAD.
I WILL REMEMBER THIS STORE, AND I TELL AS MANY PEOPLE AS I CAN.

CT Challenger

I took the vehicle in for new tires, and nothing under the hook. The vehicle didn't start easily and stalled when I picked it up. ... they had to push it out in their parking lot because they couldn't
start it when they were finished.

A typical tale of poor Crappy Tire auto service.

My friends told me horror stories years ago about just this kind of thing, and there are similar stories on this web site, with some advice for people who've been ripped off with shoddy repairs. There are some things you can try.

Sorry you had to go through this, but thanks for helping spread the word about the dangers of trusting Crappy Tire with your vehicle.

Angry CT Guy

Posted by an unregistered user
The Kelowna CT store without my permisson had an apprentice work on my vehicle to correct a rough idle.
I took the vehicle in for new tires, and nothing under the hook. The vehicle didn't start easily and stalled when I picked it up. I returned the next day and they said they didn't touch anything even though they admitted being under the hook to correct a rough idle. I spent $300 at the transmission shop to service the transmission and they said someone was under the hook working on the transmission linkages. The transmission failed that day, which cost me
$3,000 to fix. The lairs in the service department, and the manager as well as the VP from back east, basically said
SUCK IT UP AND FIX YOUR VEHICLE, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE!

So my vehicle is in excellent running condition, and they had to push it out in their parking lot because they couldn't
start it when they were finished, and didn't even have the balls to call me and tell me the vehicle was DEAD.
I WILL REMEMBER THIS STORE, AND I TELL AS MANY PEOPLE AS I CAN.

I'm confused. They decided on their own to correct an idle without asking? They decided to do this out of the goodness of their heart or they charged you for work you didn't authorize? Why did they go under the hook (sic) when you were just getting tires done?
There must be more to this story. Please share.

CTH8R

Consumers keep finding new ways that Canadian Tire sucks.

The new e-store? Already a customer says it sucks.

The CBC commissioned a survey ... and The Survey Said: Canadians think CT Sucks!

Their battery warranties? They suck, too, in many ways.

Even that Butt guy said, basically, he thinks their return policies suck.

Suckage? They 'Bring It On'!

Freeno

CT sometimes sucks. Sometimes it doesn't.

It's an environment where activity that can cause it to suck can go largely unnoticed. When you are a high volume retailer and service provider, poor customer experiences will sneak in without being caught in part because there isn't enough quality control/training. Problems happen, but one bad customer service incident should be considered as one incident too many. And when they do happen they need to be dealt with in a way that people don't feel the need to come visit Canadian Tire Sucks!