mastercraft

The free market is really a beautiful thing. If you don't like shopping or how you've been treated, product quality etc at a certain store, it's really simple; don't shop there. Idividual consumer choices, in high ebough volume, are what make any market work. Whether it is hammers and light bulbs or gasoline, it's the reality of our capitalist system.

If there truly is a problem in these areas of customer service or product quality, people will go elsewhere for their goods and services. The free market determines what product offering is made and what level of customer service is acceptable. You see, when people go elsewhere, businesses notice and try to make changes to react. They either make cuts to try to lower prices, or raise prices to improve their offering.

I recently read a post on here about how hard it is to find customer service personnel at Canadian Tire. Why do you think that is? Do you really believe Canadian Tire is out to get YOU, their customer? (if you do, google "paranoia") No, they have tried as best they can to OPTIMIZE their wage costs against how many customers they might lose/gain with that staffing level and associated cost, balancing that against their need to offer low prices to compete with the guy down the street.

If you really have a problem with Canadian Tire, go support a place with a better offering. Chances are though, the better service offering will come with a higher price tag on the goods and services you want. So in the end, you as the consumer decide, by your consuming pattern what is valued most in your shopping experience.

Ideally, we all want the lowest price with excellent customer service. But like all things in life, everything comes with a cost.

In short, instead of coming to a site like this to whine and complain like school children, put your money where your mouth is and either pay more at the places that have more staff (Mom and Pop stores) or suck it up and accept that getting cheap pricing comes with an associated cost.

RogerRZ

If you really have a problem with Canadian Tire, go support a place with a better offering. Chances are though, the better service offering will come with a higher price tag on the goods and services you want. So in the end, you as the consumer decide, by your consuming pattern what is valued most in your shopping experience.

I do, and the extra cost is worth every penny. I go out of my way to support businesses that deliver exactly what they promise (including having advertised items in stock, no rainchecks), even if it comes at an extra cost. Customer service is extremely important in my book...

RRZ

mastercraft

Good for your for you for following through on your principles. Personally, I tend to be a little more indifferent to customer service if I feel I'm getting a good deal.

Mind you, finding the deal and getting good customer service is always a great thing. There are also customers who can never be pleased, and I have more of a problem with them than with shoddy service. Since, as I noted above, if one doesn't like it and nobody is "making" them go in the store; just go elsewhere and leave the rest of us to do our thing without the whining.

IKnowThings

There are also customers who can never be pleased, and I have more of a problem with them than with shoddy service. Since, as I noted above, if one doesn't like it and nobody is "making" them go in the store; just go elsewhere and leave the rest of us to do our thing without the whining.

I agree, some customers can never be pleased, and I am annoyed with them too. But people with legitimate complaints about a product and need to return it because it really doesn't work (or whatever the problem is), should be helped in a 'non-rude' manner.
I have experienced, in Canadian Tire, very rude customer service people, time and time again. This is not acceptable in my mind and I applaud ANYONE who addresses this issue.

mastercraft

My whole point is, if, as you put it you have experienced "in Canadian Tire, very rude customer service people, time and time again" then it is you who is the one who keeps going back for more. Maybe you should stop going then you wouldn't have to complain and no one would need to hear you complain.

It's the whole free-market phenomenom - if enough people have experiences like yours AND stop spending their money there, the problem will fix itself or the company will not survive.

However, complaining without action only serves to create noise.

Guest-0008

Posted by an unregistered user
My whole point is, if, as you put it you have experienced "in Canadian Tire, very rude customer service people, time and time again" then it is you who is the one who keeps going back for more. Maybe you should stop going then you wouldn't have to complain and no one would need to hear you complain.

It's the whole free-market phenomenom - if enough people have experiences like yours AND stop spending their money there, the problem will fix itself or the company will not survive.

However, complaining without action only serves to create noise.

It seems to me that if you don't like this site, then why don't you go away and quit your own whining?
As you might be inclined to say, "Get a life!"

mastercraft

It seems to me that if you don't like this site, then why don't you go away and quit your own whining?
As you might be inclined to say, "Get a life!"

I feel it is my duty to explain to the users of this site that (a) Canadian Tire ain't so bad and (b) I have a problem with whining for the sake of whining.

I am simply suggesting a better way to get your point across aside from an obscure website.

I have a life, I just find responding to posts like your's rather amusing, in my spare time of course. :laugh:

Guest-0009

What would "whining for the sake of whining" be, exactly? That makes no sense.
I've never, ever in my life encountered someone who would "whine" (as you say) for no reason at all except to enjoy said whining. Maybe someone in a mental institution would, but I'm only speculating.
I'll also hazard a guess that the large majority, if not all, of the people who have posted on here so far have lives and don't sit glued to their computer screens day and night waiting for replies.
No post that I have viewed on here constitutes "whining". It is people who have legitimate issues with Canadian Tire and it is an open forum for them to vent their frustrations, warn the public at large, and provide an outlet to stick it to Canadian Tire.

Guest-0079

That mastercraft guy is a joke... for someone to blindly follow such a shitty store, he must be the owner!