mastercraft

Just wondering why there were various Canadian Tire logos sprinkled about this site yesterday, and now there is a logo of a "Canadian Tire".

Did a tersely-worded e-mail come through from Canadian Tire noting that free-speech, while wide-ranging (note exceptions in the forum rules) does not cover Trademarks, Logos or other copyrighted material?

IKnowThings

I'm sure the admin is just trying to cover his/her ass here to make sure the site cannot be forced to shut down, like many other sites run by other people.
If you look up the Copyright Act and the Trademark Act, I'm sure you will see that it is legal for the site to be running those logos. Either way it doesn't matter. I like this logo, it tilll says "Canadian Tire" so what's the problem?
Wouldn't you take a logo/picture off a site you were running if there was dispute over whether or not you could legally use that logo/picture? I think it's a smart move if he/she wants to run a legitimate site such as this for people to post their opinions and facts about whether they like Canadian Tire Corp. or not.

mastercraft

I'm sure the admin is just trying to cover his/her ass here to make sure the site cannot be forced to shut down, like many other sites run by other people.
If you look up the Copyright Act and the Trademark Act, I'm sure you will see that it is legal for the site to be running those logos. Either way it doesn't matter. I like this logo, it tilll says "Canadian Tire" so what's the problem?
Wouldn't you take a logo/picture off a site you were running if there was dispute over whether or not you could legally use that logo/picture? I think it's a smart move if he/she wants to run a legitimate site such as this for people to post their opinions and facts about whether they like Canadian Tire Corp. or not.

Actually I was curious. I was on here yesterday and since then there has been a change that no longer includes the CTC logo. If it is truly ass-covering, why start now and not at the site's inception? Has there been something to prompt the change?

You seem to be contradicting yourself in stating that the Copyright Act and the Tradmark Act allow the use of the logo then go on to say there is a dispute of the legality of its use. Which is it? Is someone challenging the validity of the Trademark Act or the Copyright Act?

Can you post a link to the Copyright Act and the Trademark Act? I'd like to check them out for myself.

Again, just curious.

mastercraft

Thanks for sharing Iknowthings. It would be good if Admin could weigh in on the reasons for removing CTC's corporate logo from this site.

Guest-0018

Posted by an unregistered user
The only lawsuit I know of was regarding a ladder. A customer bought a ladder presumably from CT about 5 years ago and it well... broke. Unfortunatly for the customer we don't sell the brand of ladders, and the stupid bastard was too fat for the grade of ladder he bought (yup they all have a weight rating) But generally in most cases stuff like that it gets covered by the COMPANY THAT MAKES THE CRAP. not the retailer.

Thanks....
The Management

B

Burned by Canadian Tire

To mr. mother f.Mastercraft,
we are not here to support the Crappy Tire and other thiefs.
We are here to protest the illegal practices of a Company
that is still well and alive for decades while if it was me I would be quickly in jail.

Guest-0113

The only lawsuit I know of was regarding a ladder. A customer bought a ladder presumably from CT about 5 years ago and it well... broke. Unfortunatly for the customer we don't sell the brand of ladders, and the stupid bastard was too fat for the grade of ladder he bought (yup they all have a weight rating) But generally in most cases stuff like that it gets covered by the COMPANY THAT MAKES THE CRAP. not the retailer.

Thanks....
The Management
Nice try dear, a hypothetical story it is an assumption=ass you of me.
I could tell you million of that type but I would never use the expression "stupid bastard was too fat"
for poor victim that trusts any marketeer which ever was the name of the seller.

Guest-0164

To mr. mother f.Mastercraft,
we are not here to support the Crappy Tire and other thiefs.
We are here to protest the illegal practices of a Company
that is still well and alive for decades while if it was me I would be quickly in jail.

There are no illegal practices done by Canadian Tire, the problem is you people are stupid. If there truly are illegal practises people would sue and press charges etc.

Icon Silver

There are no illegal practices done by Canadian Tire, the problem is you people are stupid. If there truly are illegal practices people would sue and press charges etc.

Try telling that to someone they have tried to rip off on more than 1 occasion. The muffler on my car was 27 days old. I needed a pipe from the converter to the muffler. The service manager tried to tell me that everything from the converter back was rotted out. Went to Mufflerman and had the pipe installed for less that CTC wanted for the pipe. If that isn't an illegal practice, then you tell me what the hell is.