How do you rate this store? (You may check muliple boxes)

• [color=green]Overall experience was GOOD.[/color]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [color=red]Overall experience was BAD.[/color]

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • [color=green]Staff is/was POLILTE, HELPFUL and PROFESSIONAL.[/color]

• [color=red]Staff is/was UNPLEASANT and UNHELPFUL.[/color]

• [color=green]Store is/was well stocked and organized.[/color]

• [color=red]Store is/was NOT well stocked and organized.[/color]

• [color=green]Store is/was neat and clean.[/color]

• [color=red]Store is/was dirty, neglected and untidy.[/color]

• [color=green]YES I am satisfied with the products / service.[/color]

• [color=red]NO I am NOT satisfied with the products / service.[/color]

• [color=green]YES I would recommend this store to others.[/color]

• [color=red]NO I would NOT recommend this store to others.[/color]

• Total voters

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Rate this Canadian Tire store?

Please vote on the above poll.
  • You may select multiple choices.
  • Only choose the options that apply.
  • Try to be honest.
Post other opinions and thought on this particular store below.

Angry CT Guy

Posted by an unregistered user
Found this Dec. 10, 2010 complaint:

Complaints Board

LOL....silly faker advocate, Trix are for kids. The problem with believing everything that an average
person posts online, is that you never know if it's 100% accurate or just their emotional response.
1. Canadian Tire is and has been the number one distributor of tires for decades. During the winter tire season, we are so swamped, that many people may have to wait up to two weeks for an appointment.....we sell brand name tires at such a great price, the demand is HUGE....sorry!
2.The Rubber Association of Canada - Communications BLOG
Maybe the Rubber Association of Canada and any other legitimate resource are all LIARs..LOL.
Sorry that Canadian Tire won't do something dangerous and potentially damaging to your car, by installing only 2 winter tires.

Poor faker advocate....so easy to expose your stupidity, each and every day.

Guest-0523

Found this Dec. 10, 2010 complaint:

Complaints Board

I think I remember telling an older gentleman this last year. And if i'm not mistaken, it was for a Dodge Dakota. We are told that it is by-law that we can't sell 2 winter tires. We were very polite to your husband, and I tryed to explain it to him that it's store policy, even with the idiot behind your husband cursing and calling me an idiot. It is more dangerous to have 2 winter tires and 2 all seasons, rather that 4 all seasons. I am sorry I couldn't sell him the 2 tires, but it's not worth my job to do so.

Guest-0523

I think I remember telling an older gentleman this last year. And if i'm not mistaken, it was for a Dodge Dakota. We are told that it is by-law that we can't sell 2 winter tires. We were very polite to your husband, and I tryed to explain it to him that it's store policy, even with the idiot behind your husband cursing and calling me an idiot. It is more dangerous to have 2 winter tires and 2 all seasons, rather that 4 all seasons. I am sorry I couldn't sell him the 2 tires, but it's not worth my job to do so.

Oh and by the way, the tires guys get paid hourly... they're not on commission.

CT Challenger

How come you assumed they didn't already have snows in the other two positions? Clearly they did, and that's why the customer only wanted 2 more. Seems pretty obvious.

Besides, ct said it's "against their policy to only sell 2 tires", so 'seling' was the problem, not installing. Yet another ridiculous rule that does nothing except inconvenience customers.

Angry CT Guy

How come you assumed they didn't already have snows in the other two positions? Clearly they did, and that's why the customer only wanted 2 more. Seems pretty obvious.

Besides, ct said it's "against their policy to only sell 2 tires", so 'seling' was the problem, not installing. Yet another ridiculous rule that does nothing except inconvenience customers.

Drive Alive! Winter Tire Safety

Yeah, what does transport Canada know....bunch of government safety liars! Let's go with the advice of a faker advocate and their vast knowledge of tread patterns, directional tires and safety to drivers.....what a loser.

CT Challenger

Drive Alive! Winter Tire Safety

Yeah, what does transport Canada know....bunch of government safety liars! Let's go with the advice of a faker advocate and their vast knowledge of tread patterns, directional tires and safety to drivers.....what a loser.

Interesting link - not from Transport Canada, though - did you post the wrong link?

Plus it doesn't say it's dangerous to mix snows and all-seasons; just that it's not "recommended".

Besides, the complaint was about a person who already had 2 snows, and needed 2 more - nothing unsafe there.

No, the issue was CT saying they could not "sell" 2 more snows to somebody who already had 2.

Pretty crazy - they might have been making this car MORE dangerous, by not selling them 2!

CT Challenger

I guess you can't read then

Huh?

Did I miss where it said, "Transport Canada"?

Did I miss where the customer said they had 4 all-season tires on the vehicle?

Seems to me you are the one who can't read.

It would be interesting if you could find something that actually backed up your claim, though. Just sayin ...

CT Me / Lawguy

A little slow on this website so you have to dig up complaints from another website? Losers

I do not read anywhere on complaintsboard that the customer had two winters already and wanted two more. They merely wanted two. Same policy at my store, i will not install two winter tires on a vehicle.
There's a reason Provinces like Quebec have winter tire laws....and they say FOUR, not two. It is RECOMMENDED. Why? because it's a safety issue

Two on the front or two on the rear, front wheel drive, rear wheel drive or all wheel drive... it's simply not the right thing to do. Especially in newer automobiles with traction control systems and aBS systems that are reading wheel speeds and slipping and adjusting constantly hundreds of times a second.

So go ahead experts... dig in

CT Challenger

There's no reason to think that the customer didn't just need two more. The CT person has just made that assumption, but there's no basis for it.

The original store's policy was to not "sell" two, so that's very different from what the CT person says their policy is.

The CT person just wants to defend a store that clearly sucks.

Angry CT Guy

There's no reason to think that the customer didn't just need two more. The CT person has just made that assumption, but there's no basis for it.

The original store's policy was to not "sell" two, so that's very different from what the CT person says their policy is.

Hey, if a customer wants to make an unsafe choice, let them....You can't learn brains, but guess what? Canadian Tire would rather take the high road than take the chance on a customer's safety, just to make a sale....so good luck with the places that don't care. I'm sure faker advocate cares....lol

CT Challenger

There's no reason to think the customer wouldn't have ended up with 4 snows after buying just 2. They said they only "needed" 2 .

The CT person just likes to make stuff up, to make it seem like this store doesn't suck.

CT Me / Lawguy

Who's to say either assumption is correct or incorrect? clearly you think it's you.... I beg to differ.
The absence of information creates a rather large gap in your theory

You assume they had two and wanted two more. I see ZERO indication of them already having two winter tires. It does not say anywhere that they do. So clearly its YOU that's making the assumption.

The reason CT stores have chosen this is to protect the business, quite frankly to protect it from whiny dirty players to the likes of the now missing DAVID LER's of the world. Here's why. Do a little google search about a lawsuit involving the installation of two winter tires and pairing them with two all season tires. you might come up with a little court case where the company was found guilty to the tune of millions of dollars. Customer crashed, tire shop found guilty of negligence for leaving the customers vehicle in an unsafe condition.
All this despite the fact the customer requested two winter tires.

Any questions?
Good

Guest-0477

You are still wrong, in so many ways. Sorry.

The customer wrote that 2 snow tires were “exactly what we need”. So you are wrong to say that they needed 4.

There is nothing in the story about the customer asking to drive away with only 2 snow tires installed. You are just making that up.

The story is about the store refusing to “sell” just 2 tires, regardless of how many the customer needed. You are wrong yet again.

The store said they “had to buy all 4”. Nothing about how many needed to be installed on the vehicle. Sorry!

There is nothing in the story about the customer wanting to drive away with only 2 snow tires. So, all your ramblings and links are completely irrelevant.

A typical case of the store trying to enforce some misguided interpretation of their own ‘rules’, and getting it wrong (naturally).

Don’t you ever get tired (pun intended!) of being wrong so many times?

CT Me / Lawguy

Well in regards to stores enforcing rules.... well we kind of can, we are a privately owned business, and businesses do that! However that's not the point

Nowhere does it specify from the customer that they had, or didn't have two tires existing. You're making an assumption. Considering that was never even posted by the customer on this board, it will never come to be answered. You will be forever guessing and speculating that they had two winter tires already and i will forever be speculating that they didn't! I've had plenty of people through my ct career, espcially as a service manager who said they need only two snows to be safe. NEED. these people don't understand the complexities of modern ABS and traction control systems.

I also recognize that it's impossible in your world that a canadian tire store could make a good decision, help a customer or be right with their expertise.

Guest-0531

How about I clear this up (yeah it's me again. the POS Employee that refused to sell 2 tires).

An older Gentleman came in and came to the parts desk. I asked what he needed, he said (Winter tires for his Dakota). So I looked it up and said we had some instock. He then asked for 2 tires. I said " We can only sell winter tires in 4's sir". Then he said he only wanted 2 because he wife fell unsafe driving around with out winter tires, and he wanted to put 2 on the rear. So me and my fellow employee tried to explain why it's unsafe, and that it's our policy. Then the dickhead behind him had to stick his nose in and try and start trouble.

CT Challenger

It was probably a good idea not to install only 2 winter tires on a vehicle that didn't have any.

However, if a vehicle already has 2 winter tires, it's unreasonable to refuse to install 2 more - that would be less safe, not more safe.

In the recent case, it sounds like a good call.

In the case previously re-quoted from another site, though, there was no reason to refuse. Sorry, your opinion is wrong on that one.

And, why is somebody buying snow tires in late July?

Guest-0531

It was probably a good idea not to install only 2 winter tires on a vehicle that didn't have any.

However, if a vehicle already has 2 winter tires, it's unreasonable to refuse to install 2 more - that would be less safe, not more safe.

In the recent case, it sounds like a good call.

In the case previously re-quoted from another site, though, there was no reason to refuse. Sorry, your opinion is wrong on that one.

And, why is somebody buying snow tires in late July?

They didn`t try and buy them in July. It was last year in December. I just have a good memory.