How do you rate this store? (You may check muliple boxes)

• [color=green]Overall experience was GOOD.[/color]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [color=red]Overall experience was BAD.[/color]

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • [color=green]Staff is/was POLILTE, HELPFUL and PROFESSIONAL.[/color]

• [color=red]Staff is/was UNPLEASANT and UNHELPFUL.[/color]

• [color=green]Store is/was well stocked and organized.[/color]

• [color=red]Store is/was NOT well stocked and organized.[/color]

• [color=green]Store is/was neat and clean.[/color]

• [color=red]Store is/was dirty, neglected and untidy.[/color]

• [color=green]YES I am satisfied with the products / service.[/color]

• [color=red]NO I am NOT satisfied with the products / service.[/color]

• [color=green]YES I would recommend this store to others.[/color]

• [color=red]NO I would NOT recommend this store to others.[/color]

• Total voters

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Rate this Canadian Tire store?

Please vote on the above poll.
  • You may select multiple choices.
  • Only choose the options that apply.
  • Try to be honest.
Post other opinions and thought on this particular store below.

Angry CT Guy

Posted by an unregistered user
another excuse to add to the long list of reasons ct will concoct to deny a legitimate refund: a corner of the package got damp at some point.

Canadian Tire Complaints - return policy

they say they won't shop at that store again

how about not shopping at any of these crappy stores?

What part of "original condition" don't people understand. I pay good money to get nice packaging for my customers, and they want to know that when they are paying hard earned money for something, it's brand spanking new and isn't missing parts or looking like crap. As a business owner, there is no way I'm making up for your purchasing error by taking back goods that look like shit now that you've had it. Bring it back EXACTLY like I sold it to you, and your outta the store in 5 minutes with a full refund, NEVER a problem. Learn to follow the rules....they exist everywhere.

CT Challenger

What part of "original condition" don't people understand.

How stupid are you, not to follow this simple story??

The policy is, "To return an item for exchange or refund, bring it to any Canadian Tire store within 90 days, in its original condition and packaging

That's exactly what they did: returned the item.

The site says nothing about the packaging being in the original condition.

Geez, you guys really are dense ...

the rules....they exist everywhere.

Those rules are only at Crappy Tire, dip-shit.

You need to get out more, and see all that the competition has to offer. You'll be genuinely shocked!

CT Challenger

I pay good money to get nice packaging for my customers, and they want to know that when they are paying hard earned money for something, it's brand spanking new and isn't missing parts or looking like crap.

So nice of you to care so deeply about your customers and their "hard earned money".

Of course, that's only while their money is still in their pocket.

You conceal your true return policies, in order to trick customers into giving you their 'hard-earned' money, on the basis of your written policies.

Then, when the come back to hold you to your word, suddenly things are different, and you want to mis-interpret your own store's policies to your own selfish ends.

Sounds like your 'customer service' ends the second you have their money in your own pocket.

Angry CT Guy

How stupid are you, not to follow this simple story??

The policy is, "To return an item for exchange or refund, bring it to any Canadian Tire store within 90 days, in its original condition and packaging

That's exactly what they did: returned the item.

The site says nothing about the packaging being in the original condition.

Geez, you guys really are dense ...

Those rules are only at Crappy Tire, dip-shit.

You need to get out more, and see all that the competition has to offer. You'll be genuinely shocked!

How stupid are you? You just posted the CTC return policy that mentions "original condition" and then state it's not posted anywhere???

I don't need to post all the other retailer's that have the same statement....they are littered throughout many posts on this site.

You are just so easy to call on the lies and stupidity you post on here. Keep trying loser, you might get something right one day.

CT Challenger

How stupid are you? You just posted the CTC return policy that mentions "original condition" and then state it's not posted anywhere???

What is wrong with you that you can't stick to the truth? Maybe you are defective, LOL.

The poster didn't say "original conition" isn't mentioned by CTC.

I don't need to post all the other retailer's that have the same statement....they are littered throughout many posts on this site.

If you are going to make a statement like that, for sure you need to back it up.

But you can't because it's not true, like most things the CT people post here. No credibility whatsoever.

CTC says "in its original condition and packaging"

What does Walmart say about packaging? Nothing.

Home Depot? Nothing.

Costco? This one comes close: "in the original packaging". Nothing about "original conditon".

It would be easy to go on, but like so many times before, you have been proven to be a liar.

Do you ever post the truth? Or just lies, all day and all night?

You are just so easy to call on the lies and stupidity you post on here. Keep trying loser, you might get something right one day.

You always like to slip in another lie or two, don't you.

Nice representation of CT. I'm sure you'll make people want to flock to the Cambridge store - LOL Hilarious!

Angry CT Guy

What is wrong with you that you can't stick to the truth? Maybe you are defective, LOL.

The poster didn't say "original conition" isn't mentioned by CTC.

If you are going to make a statement like that, for sure you need to back it up.

But you can't because it's not true, like most things the CT people post here. No credibility whatsoever.

CTC says "in its original condition and packaging"

What does Walmart say about packaging? Nothing.

Home Depot? Nothing.

Costco? This one comes close: "in the original packaging". Nothing about "original conditon".

It would be easy to go on, but like so many times before, you have been proven to be a liar.

Do you ever post the truth? Or just lies, all day and all night?

You always like to slip in another lie or two, don't you.

Nice representation of CT. I'm sure you'll make people want to flock to the Cambridge store - LOL Hilarious!

You are the stupidest faker advocate on here (of the 2 or 3. Lol.
Now pay close attention and I'll try and dumb it down for you.
Here is what the poster posted: The site says nothing about the packaging being in the original condition.
And right above that brilliant thought out response he posted this:
Now pay close attention loser...."and" is a linking correlative conjunction...and that means original goes to condition AND packaging. I guess you should have gone on past grade 8.

Home Hardware - Terms & Conditions

Target Stores Refund Policy : Returns + Refunds : Help : Target

Return Policy | Home Depot Canada

And if you don't understand what "like new", "unused", or "original condition" means....that's your inadequacy, not mine. Luckily, the vast majority of people are not at all like you.

CT Challenger

Note to consumers:

One can sympathize with the store for wanting packaging to be in "original condition".

However, the subject of the store policy is the "item", and not the packaging. Also, the singular pronoun "it" refers to the item itself, and to nothing else.

The policy says that:

- The item must be in its (i.e., the item's) original condition, and ...
- The item must be in its (i.e., the item's) original packaging.

The return policy says nothing about the condition of the packaging itself; only the item.

"Original packaging" does not mean "original packaging in original condition".

It does not matter what the CT rep's would like the policy to state; it only matters what it does state.

However, the wise consumer should heed the mis-interpretation of the Canadian Tire representative, and note that this is yet another reason that CT will try to use to refuse a reasonable return.

This additional reason should be added to the constantly growing list of reasons the stores may try to use, as described here:

"https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/p...rn-policy-hide-employee-theft-9.html#post2652"

This is yet another reason to shop at one of the many stores, which have no such policies.

On the subject of other stores, one should also note the following:

Home Hardware seems to have some policies that are nearly as bad as Canadian Tire. Therefore, while it is still recommended that consumers choose Home Hardware over Canadian Tire, this should only be done in the absence of any other alternatives (such as Costco, Walmart, Home Depot, etc.).

As most Canadian consumers know, Target is not an option in Canada, so this comparison should be disregarded.

Consumers should note that the Home Depot policy the CT rep. posted only applies to on-line purchases, and is not applicable to in-store purchases.

Further, as has been discussed in the Sale Of Goods thread, Home Depot has no requirement for the goods to be unused, unopened, or in the original packaging.

Home Depot, Walmart and Costco are also good alternatives to Canadian Tire, if an 'easy return' is desired.

And remember:

"Friends Don't Let Friends Shop and Canadian Tire"

CT Challenger

Note to consumers:

No other Canadian retailers have been shown to have "the same statement". The closest thing is the Home Depot site which has a statement which is simlar (but not the same).

Also, rather than being "littered" with "many posts" regarding other retailers' policies, there are very few, and none that support the claims of this CT representative.

Consumers should bear these facts in mind when assessing the credibiity of the CT representatives who post here.

Angry CT Guy

Note to consumers:

One can sympathize with the store for wanting packaging to be in "original condition".

However, the subject of the store policy is the "item", and not the packaging. Also, the singular pronoun "it" refers to the item itself, and to nothing else.

The policy says that:

- The item must be in its (i.e., the item's) original condition, and ...
- The item must be in its (i.e., the item's) original packaging.

The return policy says nothing about the condition of the packaging itself; only the item.

"Original packaging" does not mean "original packaging in original condition".

It does not matter what the CT rep's would like the policy to state; it only matters what it does state.

However, the wise consumer should heed the mis-interpretation of the Canadian Tire representative, and note that this is yet another reason that CT will try to use to refuse a reasonable return.

This additional reason should be added to the constantly growing list of reasons the stores may try to use, as described here:

"https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/p...rn-policy-hide-employee-theft-9.html#post2652"

This is yet another reason to shop at one of the many stores, which have no such policies.

On the subject of other stores, one should also note the following:

Home Hardware seems to have some policies that are nearly as bad as Canadian Tire. Therefore, while it is still recommended that consumers choose Home Hardware over Canadian Tire, this should only be done in the absence of any other alternatives (such as Costco, Walmart, Home Depot, etc.).

As most Canadian consumers know, Target is not an option in Canada, so this comparison should be disregarded.

Consumers should note that the Home Depot policy the CT rep. posted only applies to on-line purchases, and is not applicable to in-store purchases.

Further, as has been discussed in the Sale Of Goods thread, Home Depot has no requirement for the goods to be unused, unopened, or in the original packaging.

Home Depot, Walmart and Costco are also good alternatives to Canadian Tire, if an 'easy return' is desired.

And remember:

"Friends Don't Let Friends Shop and Canadian Tire"

Do you know of what you speak....no.
Do you make the policies of any store....no.
Do you like to spin doctor the policies of stores to try and lend yourself credence....yes.

Nice try though....you don't get to "interpret" what I mean...it's clear and the packaging better be like I sold it to you or you own it, period.

So if I buy something online at Home Depot....then return policy is different? Ie. I can return used goods if I bought it at the store, but not if I bought it online where the costs would normally be less? Rigggghhht?!
Here's a line right under the STORE return policy:
The Home Depot reserves the right to limit or refuse to accept the return of certain merchandise at any time and for any reason.

Kind of blows your refunds are mandatory under CPA/SOGA/your opinion right out of the water.

No one has to sympathize with the policies....and none are identical....but good luck to you if you think you get to dictate what they are and what they mean....that's my prerogative as so clearly stated by Home Depot.

Sorry, faker advocate. You'll need better info to match wits with someone superior to your intelligence.

You lose again. Do you need a tissue?

Angry CT Guy

Note to consumers:

No other Canadian retailers have been shown to have "the same statement". The closest thing is the Home Depot site which has a statement which is simlar (but not the same).

Also, rather than being "littered" with "many posts" regarding other retailers' policies, there are very few, and none that support the claims of this CT representative.

Consumers should bear these facts in mind when assessing the credibiity of the CT representatives who post here.

I guess consumers should also look at your credibility.....poor at best.
You offer opinion as the correct interpretation, like you are all knowing and are an expert on the stated policies of retail stores.....really? Have you worked retail? Are you a lawyer? Have you been in business for 88 years? Sorry, faker advocate.....real advocates do their homework....they don't just guess....and sometimes, with all the investigation they do....they are still wrong. That's the beauty of being a journalist....can always post a retraction to save their ass.....you just get to be called on you falsehoods, each and every day.

Angry CT Guy

Consumers:

Sorry - it is Home Hardware that has a similar statement (but not the same).

Home Depot has no such statement for in-store purchases.

My apologies to Home Depot.

Tsk, tsk faker advocate. You will have to do better work in the future. Similar, but not the same?
That sounds an awful lot like a confession.
Check out Home Depot sucks.com.
As well, Target will be converting the Zeller's leases it wants over the next couple of years.....do you believe they will change their current stated policy just for you? Really faker advocate? Really?
Tsk, tsk

CT Challenger

Consumers:

Read closely the recent postings by CT Representatives. They provide even more reasons to take your business elsewhere.

- Dismissing the legitimate concerns of the consumer who made the original complaint.
- Complaining about consumers posting "interpretations" and "opinions", while doing the same themselves.
- Either unclear of their own policies, or lying about them.
- Continuously adding to the list of excuses to refuse a legitimate return (see https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/p...rn-policy-hide-employee-theft-9.html#post2652)
- Misrepresenting what consumers post on this site.
- Lying about the return policies of other stores.

If you have any doubts about the trustworthiness of the CT Rep's who post here, and the lies they have posted on this thread, there are many more examples here:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...y-do-ct-defenders-post-so-many-lies-here.html)

Are these the kind of people you are willing to trust with your hard-earned money?

"Friends Don't Let Friends Shop At Canadian Tire"

Angry CT Guy

Consumers:

Read closely the recent postings by CT Representatives. They provide even more reasons to take your business elsewhere.

- Dismissing the legitimate concerns of the consumer who made the original complaint.
- Complaining about consumers posting "interpretations" and "opinions", while doing the same themselves.
- Either unclear of their own policies, or lying about them.
- Continuously adding to the list of excuses to refuse a legitimate return (see https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/p...rn-policy-hide-employee-theft-9.html#post2652)
- Misrepresenting what consumers post on this site.
- Lying about the return policies of other stores.

If you have any doubts about the trustworthiness of the CT Rep's who post here, and the lies they have posted on this thread, there are many more examples here:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...y-do-ct-defenders-post-so-many-lies-here.html)

Are these the kind of people you are willing to trust with your hard-earned money?

"Friends Don't Let Friends Shop At Canadian Tire"

Nice try at deflect and don't answer....sorry faker advocate.....your commentary has no credibility....that's why CTC continues to grow and be profitable...it's a well run business just like several other retailers.
Don't forget to donate....you'll find the button right at the top of this post.

CT Challenger

Don't forget to donate....you'll find the button right at the top of this post.

Yes, do indeed click that 'donate' button at the top of the page (No! Not "at the top of this post" - higher!). Also read the ads at the bottom of the page. Click on a couple, too.

Thanks for viewing this thread, also.

It all makes money for the fake store rep's (and/or the site owners) who are all here just to make money from your activities!

Does the above post make store rep's look like fools? Good - the pranksters succeeded!

What's that? You say the "deflect and don't answer" post is gibberish and makes no sense?

Doesn't matter - you viewed the page. Ka-CHING! Thank you, come again!

Angry CT Guy

Yes, do indeed click that 'donate' button at the top of the page (No! Not "at the top of this post" - higher!). Also read the ads at the bottom of the page. Click on a couple, too.

Thanks for viewing this thread, also.

It all makes money for the fake store rep's (and/or the site owners) who are all here just to make money from your activities!

Does the above post make store rep's look like fools? Good - the pranksters succeeded!

What's that? You say the "deflect and don't answer" post is gibberish and makes no sense?

Doesn't matter - you viewed the page. Ka-CHING! Thank you, come again!

Off the meds much?

CT Challenger

Off the meds much?

Come on, show a little hussle! A little panache!

How are you ever going to shake-down the genuine owner/managers, if you can't be bothered to even work up a good lie?

Where's the fire? Where's the passion?

The CT fakes are turning into the Steven Segals of lying! Where's the believability gone??

Angry CT Guy

Come on, show a little hussle! A little panache!

How are you ever going to shake-down the genuine owner/managers, if you can't be bothered to even work up a good lie?

Where's the fire? Where's the passion?

The CT fakes are turning into the Steven Segals of lying! Where's the believability gone??

Well, I guess that's point proven.