CTH8R

tell me how our policies are different when they state the same?

You are either a moron, or a liar.

Just because some aspects of the other stores' policies are the same as Crappy Tire's, that doesn't mean they all state the same thing.

As you did when you posted as CT Me and Lawguy, you've just tried to cherry-pick some policies with similar wording, and chosen to ignore all the ways Crappy Tire's policies are worse.

It's already been meticulously shown that Crappy Tire has worse policies than Home Depot, Walmart and especially Costco.

Not just for 'unwanted' items, but for defective items, too.

And none of the others have so many regular items that are "No Warranty".

Maybe you are just too lazy to read what's already posted, but I'm pretty sure you are just hoping to fool people.

It's disgusting they way you try to trick people. Simply disgusting! You should be ashamed.

But, hey, if it makes more money for you, I guess it must be OK, right?

Last edited:

Owner 1

Just because YOU posted it does not make it correct.

There is no trickery going, just your unwillingness to accept what's printed in black and white.

I just came across an interesting one. Winners has a 10 day return policy! 10!!!
That's a horrible policy

I'm sure you'll find a way to defend it since the don't have an affiliation with Canadian Tire lol

silly fool

Smrt Cnsmr

Hi all.

I decided to try what Challenger said, and just follow the links. All the information was easily located as promised. The Walmart link has changed recently, but it was easy enough to find the new version (right there at the bottom of the page). So, I’m really not sure what owner/moaner is on about, but I tend to think it’s the profit motive in full swing.

Boy, are there ever a lot of variations among the policies at different retailers! Obviously Costco is the best, as everyone knows. That’s one of the benefit of membership, LOL. But Home Depot and Walmart are very different. And Canadian Tire has pretty much gone rogue and done their own thing. MUCH more restrictive.

First off, though, there are some items that aren’t returnable at pretty much all the stores - but returnable at Costco. Things like bathing suits and underwear. Makes sense for health reasons. And ammunition, at places that sell it. Special order items, or cut-to-fit material is usually not returnable. And fireworks – which will matter with Victoria Day coming up! Oh, and anything that’s “digital media” is usually non-returnable, unless its defective. This is for movies and DVDs and software. Makes sense because you could copy it and then just return it – sounds like there are special copy right laws for these things. Seems reasonable.

But that’s where the similarities stop.

The biggest difference are with the policies for the Gee-I-Changed-My-Mind type of returns. Costco’s policy is “in the original packaging”, but nothing about its condition, and it’s OK if it’s been used, since “we guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell and will refund your purchase price” - sounds great! HomeDepot.ca doesn’t list any restrictions or make you jump through hoops to get a refund - just bring it back and get a refund. Walmart wants you to bring along the original packaging, but that’s it – no other hurdles. Oh, but drain out the gas tank first (if applicable). But Canadian Tire is a whole other story. They want it in the original packaging, and also “in original condition”. And the store might also insist on it being unused (although that’s not stated on the web site or on the receipts). Plus they might even insist that the package be unopened. That doesn’t seem fair at all – how are you supposed to know if you are satisfied with it, if you can’t even take it out of the box??

Another big difference is the amount of time you have to return it, if you’ve just changed your mind. Costco is the best once again with no stated limit (although 1 year is generally quoted), and a full 90 days for electronics. For Home Depot, you have 90 days for all items across the board. Walmart is 90 days for most things, but only 30 days for electronics, and only 14 days for computers and cameras. Looks like the return period for CT is longer than Walmart for cameras, at 30 days. But once again, CT has the extra “in original condition and packaging”, and might even pull out the “Unused” demand as a last minute surprise.

So, obviously Canadian Tire has the worst policies of the bunch, if you change your mind and just want your money back. Even in the one case where their return period is longer, it's better to buy a camera at another retailer, so that you can to take it out of the box and try it out for 14 days. If you bought at CT, you'd get a few extra weeks to return it, but you'd give up the chance to actually try it out (you bought it, so now you own it).

Just for reference (and to make it easier for Owner/Moaner, who can’t seem to find things!), here are some links:

Costco: Costco Frequently Asked Questions

Walmart: Walmart.ca: Help

Home Depot: The Home Depot | Customer Support | Return FAQ

CT: Returns, Refunds & Exchanges | Canadian Tire

Defective items are a whole other ballgame. And much much worse at CT than anywhere else.

It's amazing what just a little bit of research can turn up, if you just invest a little time!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Excellent summary of the policies for 'unwanted goods'.

It really highlights how much the Crappy Tire policies suck!

I'm sure Moaner/CTMe will try to cover his butt somehow, but it really burns me the lengths greedy people will go to, in order to trick consumers.

But I'm glad consumers are getting a behind the scenes look at how these critters operate.

And it's always nice to have a chance to discuss just how Crappy the Crappy Policies are, compared to all the others stores.

CTH8R

What's the matter?* Not a single poster almost half way through the month of May ...

I am also unsure of where your half of 31 = 10 comment was derived.

Apparently the math skills of CT-Me/Lawguy/Moaner aren't any better than his memory!

May has 31 days, so half would be at least 15 days.

10 days is less than 1/3 of 31.

So their 'calculation' of 50% is off by about 17%.

And they want consumers to take them at their word about financial statements?

LMFAO!

Last edited:

CT Challenger

Hi:

This is CT-Me/LiarGuy/Moaner1 speaking.

What did I tell you? Every single one of those web sites says "90 days" in there somewhere.

So, I've proven once again that every single one of these stores has the exact same policy.

Why do you keep insisting that there are any differences?

They all say the same damn thing! 90 Days!

But you didn't believe me when I posted as CT Me, you didn't believe my postings as LawGuy, and now you don't believe me when I'm posting as Owner1.

Why is that?

Aren't you convinced by the 1 or 2 lame links I posted?

What's the matter with you people? Don't you know I'm well versed in these matters and making big coin?

Huh?

Come in and buy things, and leave all your money behind!

600 sucks.com sites!

Everybody else sucks at least as much as Crappy Tire does!

You gotta believe me!

Last edited:

Owner 1

Apparently the math skills of CT-Me/Lawguy/Moaner aren't any better than his memory!

May has 31 days, so half would be at least 15 days.

10 days is less than 1/3 of 31.

So their 'calculation' of 50% is off by about 17%.

And they want consumers to take them at their word about financial statements?

LMFAO!

Wow, I'm impressed, and i'm sure your fellow haters and consumer advocates will be. Impressed that you've become so desperate to poke holes in what I say, that you're now trying to go after a statement about days in a month? Really, you've been reduced to that?
Okay cool, but if you're going to do that you should get YOUR information correct. I didn't post on the 10th. I posted on the 12th.

Also detail is important. You see the neat thing about language, is words change meaning. So when i stated ALMOST half way through the month, that means we're not there yet. Being that I posted on the 12th, a mere 3 days before half way through.... well I don't think I need to continue.

CT Challenger

Really we don't need to go back down the road of posting returns policies for major Canadian retailers do we?

Well, apparently we did, because Moaner is still lying to consumers about return policies, LOL!

I can see why they'd want to hide the truth, though. Being the only major store without a Satisfaction Guarantee will sure scare off the consumers, once they find out.

And defective items? What a joke! For instance, who wants to deal with a Manufacturer's Warranty when you bought it 5 minutes ago?

And the biggest joke: "This Prioduct Has No Warranty"! How lame is THAT?

I am also unsure of where your half of 31 = 10 comment was derived.

Yes, very poor math skills indeed! Luckily there are consumers willing to school them in these very basic calculations, LOL!

CT Challenger

I have no idea how you're going to attempt to spin it to make Canadian Tire out to have different policies, when in fact they are the same....

Turns out all you have to do is quote the policies, and the differences are clearly obvious!

As Moaner used to say (when posting as CT Me), "LOL Hilarious"!

CT Challenger

Don't forget to keep your receipt

Reallly? That's all you need to do to get a refund? Are you saying it doesn't have to be unopened, unused, non-defective and within as little as 30 days??? Pay attention to you own policies, for Pete's sake!

Actually, I like to shop at Home Depot - no reason to keep receipts because they are a modern store that keeps track of my purchases and does quick, no hassle returns - but thanks for reminding us of yet another way Crappy Tire sucks!

Have a great day

I will if I stay the Heck out of Crappy Tire, LMAO!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Was just at Home Depot. I'd bought some hardware in town, and some more in Niagara Falls, and some tools for a nice long-weekend project for a relative. Got deep into it and realized "Plan A" was just not going to work. Came up with "Plan B", but that meant returning a bunch of stuff, some of it having been bought out of town, with no receipt.

Guess what? The Home Depot were really fast and easy going about it. Had to get a Gift Card for the no-receipt stuff, but needed to buy more h/w anyhow, so it all worked out.

No drama, no hysterics, no accusations of fraud, and no crazy trespass letters. Just a quick refund and I'm on my way way to finish off the project.

I think it's partly due to having a single corporate entity to deal with, instead of a bunch of rogue individuals each running their own shop under their own random rules, trying to screw consumers any way they can.

Good Job, Home Depot Niagara Falls!

Crazy Crappy Owners: take a page out of their play book, before the competent retails take you and your crazy policies to the cleaners!

CTH8R

Winners has a 10 day return policy! 10!!!
That's a horrible policy

Really? Customers can't get any kind of refund from Winners after 10 days?

Well, it turns out (drum roll, please!) that's not true at all!

You can get a refund after 10 days, but instead of the refund being "in the tender paid", it will simply be "in the form of a gift card".

See Frequently Asked Questions - Winners.

In fact, they don't mention a time limit at all!

I even checked one of their receipts: "All Underwear Final Sale".

Well, at least they have "the same damn policy" as Crappy Tire in the Underwear category, LOL!

Yeah, so typical of The Moaner to try making other retailers sound worse than Crappy Tire, when Crappy Tire is actually the worst among major retailers!

(I just don't get tired of passing that information on!)

Just because YOU posted it does not make it correct.

Seem like if Moaner posted it, we can be pretty sure it's incorrect, or at least misleading.

Kind of like talking to Crappy Tire staff in person, LOL!

There is no trickery going, just your unwillingness to accept what's printed in black and white.

Yeah, sure thing Moaner.

Always trying to trick and deceive consumers.

Good thing it's printed in black and white, to make it obvious what the truth really is.

Nice try.

And now you've stooped to comparing yourself to a discount end-of-run clother retailer?

Serously?

Wow, you really ARE descending into the Discount market, aren't you?

LMAO!

Last edited:

Owner 1

What do you mean no time limit? 10 days is a time limit, fool
Back to that troubling math
Canadian Tire - Up to 90 days with receipt you get your money back
Winners - After 10 days, you get a gift card

Tough one to figure out.

Yes i compared this example to Winners. They are a retailer in the same market that we operate in. Fair comparison, why not? You compare us to Costco a PAID membership seller. It's all fair game, and you set the rules
As far as "descending" goes - well that just shows MORE and MORE that you don't read very well. Need I point you in the direction of yet another great quarter at CT? descending? hardly

It has occurred to me that your benchmark for a good store, is it's return policy. Your ability to unload merchandise you bought, is how you gauge things. That's awesome, you're quiet the consumer advocate hahaha

CTH8R

It's probably best to just take The Moaner's lies and misrepresentations one at a time.

What do you mean no time limit?

This is sadly reminiscent of when The Moaner posted as CT Me and Liarguy.

When they keep losing arguments, the start making up things nobody else wrote, so that they have half a chance of sounding right, for a change.

Case in point: nobody wrote, "there are no time limits".

Once more, any trace of credibility has been thrown away, in the hopes of fooling unwary consumers.

So sad ...

CTH8R

Canadian Tire - Up to 90 days with receipt you get your money back

Yes, but only under very narrow circumstances. Unused, unopened, with personal information recorded, not if it's defective, and on and on and on.

Winners is in the same market, huh? I guess you really ARE giving up, LOL! !

Watch out, Bargain Shop! Here comes the Red Triangle Of Crap to eat into you market share, when Target comes and scoops up all the people who USED to shop at CT! LMAO!

It has occurred to me that your benchmark for a good store, is it's return policy. Your ability to unload merchandise you bought, is how you gauge things.

Also made up. Crappy return policies are just one of the many, many ways that Crappy Tire Sucks!

Gee, the way The Moaner has to keep making crap up ... So sad!

Owner 1

It's probably best to just take The Moaner's lies and misrepresentations one at a time.

This is sadly reminiscent of when The Moaner posted as CT Me and Liarguy.

When they keep losing arguments, the start making up things nobody else wrote, so that they have half a chance of sounding right, for a change.

Case in point: nobody wrote, "there are no time limits".

Once more, any trace of credibility has been thrown away, in the hopes of fooling unwary consumers.

So sad ...

Really? are you sure?

Post 152 created by..... (drum roll please) YOU
and I quote "In fact, they don't mention a time limit at all"

That will be all

Owner 1

Yes, but only under very narrow circumstances. Unused, unopened, with personal information recorded, not if it's defective, and on and on and on.

Winners is in the same market, huh? I guess you really ARE giving up, LOL! !

Watch out, Bargain Shop! Here comes the Red Triangle Of Crap to eat into you market share, when Target comes and scoops up all the people who USED to shop at CT! LMAO!

Also made up. Crappy return policies are just one of the many, many ways that Crappy Tire Sucks!

Gee, the way The Moaner has to keep making crap up ... So sad!

Ahh nice of you to share yet another retail market analysis.
Do you understand the difference between a general market, and a target market?

Just wondering

CTH8R

It's hard not to notice how desperate The Moaner has become, to try to make other stores sound like they suck less than Crappy Tire does. It only shows how pathetic they really are.

They have to misrepresent the policies of other stores, to even TRY to make them sound worse. More and more stores in more and more countries are being added, including wider varieties of merchandise, in hopes of including some store somewhere that sucks more than Crappy Tire. And so far thay've utterly failed to find one, LMAO!

Next they'll be comparing themselves to fruit markets in Guatelmala! "Look at what terrible policies THEY have!" LMFAO!

But back to Canada for now. If I'm going to buy end-of-line clothes from Winners, there's NO TIME LIMIT stated on their site for getting a refund IN THE FORM OF A GIFT CARD - a form of refund Crappy Tire does all the time, especially with no receipt, but with time limits of as little as 30 DAYS.

"Oh" they'll says, "But I thought you were talking about a time limit for a CASH refund".

Nice try, Moaner!

And all the timthrees are just ignoring how their own return policy says no refund at all after as little as 30 days. No gift card, no nothing. Just an unhappy customer, stuck with something they don't want.

Heck, if Crappy Tire wants to go after the discount end-of-line clothing market, and give up on outdoor power equipment, auto repairs, and so on, that's fine by me. Imagine all the people who won't be getting cheated by them anymore! But then consumers will just get ripped off on their poor policies for discount clothing, LOL!

Yes, The Moaner sure does have to cast their net wide, and they have to misrepresent news stories about other stores, too.

So sad, how low The Moaner has to stoop.

Very, very sad ...

CTH8R

It's hard not to notice how desperate The Moaner has become, to try to make other stores sound like they suck less than Crappy Tire does.

Oops!

Obviously, the other stores do, in fact, suck less that Crappy Tire.

I meant to say that The Moaner will try to make it sound like other stores suck AS MUCH AS Crappy Tire does.

Sorry!

(But it sure is an up-hill battle for The Moaner, since all the facts are against him. It doesn't stop him from trying, LOL!)

Smrt Cnsmr

Really? Customers can't get any kind of refund from Winners after 10 days?

Well, it turns out (drum roll, please!) that's not true at all!

You can get a refund after 10 days, but instead of the refund being "in the tender paid", it will simply be "in the form of a gift card".

See Frequently OAsked Questions - Winners.

In fact, they don't mention a time limit at all!

Wait a minute.

You mean I can buy clothes at Winners, and I can bring it back 4 or 5 months later, and get my money back (in the form of a gift card)???

But when Canadian Tire sells clothes (what little they carry, that is!), I can only take it back for 90 days?

And this is supposed to prove that Winners has a WORSE policy than CT???

Plus, why is Owner/Moaner posting these untrue statements about "only 10 days", when it's so easy to prove them wrong????