Guest-0018

Posted by an unregistered user
Why I'm Angry with you the assho... oops I mean customer.

Someone complained about not being able to return a treadmill 2 days after buying it!
This sounds f___ing rediculous doesn't it? But... I know why, to return that treadmill, excercise bike, or whatever excercise equipment you need what is called an RA number (return authorisation number) from the company that makes them. We are actuall not allowed by these companies to take them back without their authorisation because they want to hear form you!!! (It's not just us, heck most times we just accept your s__t to get you out without the scene of you calling everyone a mother f___er because you didn't get your way like a F___ing 2 year old)Canadian Tire as a vendor of these companies products can actually lose there licence to sell said treadmill because we don't have the authorisation to take the f___ing thing back.
How come no staff from CT actually posts on here!! Oh Grow up. We don't post on hear because you guessed it! Non disclosuer agreement signed by every employee as soon as they are hired. Ya every now and then someone posts something with there name on it... guess what.. their dumb @$$ just got fired, hence "Unregistered".
I cant return my bike boo hoo... Hey it says no f___ing returns on your reciept, get a life. Also if their is something actually wrong with it repairs are free within the first 90 days! Wow, so if you didn't actually want the bike in the first place you just shouldn't have f___ing bought it... makes sence to me.
Why isn't there any sales people on the floor! Ah now we are getting somewhere legitimate. I agree completly. There are actually 30% less sales staff (in Toronto, Ontario) on the floor because well sales are about 30% down. sort of makes sense but sucks. Oh and complaining to a manager about it... F___ing useless. I am the Hardware manager at a major Toronto location, and well guess what I literally have absolutely no say what so ever in how many hours I get to use during a given week. Hey 1 person from 5 o'clock (when you probably get off work and when canadian tire starts to actually make some money during the day) until closing time plus the clean up (yes if you have no idea where it goes just leave it you actually save us time by throwing it on the floor than on the wrong peg) about 9:30 on a week day; works out to about 4.5 hours a day Per person. over a 5 day work week thats 22.5 hours per person. average department needs 3 - 4 people at this time so about 66 - 88 hours for the week, multiply that by wage costs... minimum pay rate of 9.50 (for staff over 3 months is .... well lets just say what you spend at the sore doesn't even cover it. If you really feel that their wasn't enough staff to help you or if you were helped poorly because the staff were too rushed with other customers or s__t they had to get done, You as the customer need to do 3 things. 1 call head office and say the dealer at the given store (the owner) does not allow his general manager the hours to let the store run properly. 2 call the store ask for the dealer. ream him a new one (the f___ing guy is only trying to keep his profits up buy keeping staff at home) 3 call the store, b___ch out the general manager and store manager about the hour budgets given to the departments you want to shop in. Is this your responsiblity...? F__k no but if you want good ol CTC to actually look after you the person who keeps the store alive... you got to tell the people who matter. believe me when I complain about not having enough man hours I get laughed at even when I tell them that I get screamed at every F__king day.
Oh my favorite... why don't you have this, it's in the flyer! Because out of 4000 people a day who buy s__t here you are the first in the last 3 years to ask for it. The flyer is the same for every canadian tire. do you know what a demographic is? Well lets just say that in Toronto no one maybe 2 people buy chainsaws. in the kawarthas 1500 people buy chainsaws get it? why the f__k would I have it in my store if I can't give it away never mind sell the f__king things.
Why are the staff so rude? Because when you treat someone like s__t they do the same to you. Like the stupid ass who called my fiance an asshole and then wondered why he got his s__t kicked in by myself and the LP (loss prevention staff)(We actually were charged with assault battery and assault with a weapon). What the f__k did you actually think would happen? Do I show up at your work and call everyone there a F__king Fa__t A__ Bi__ch A__ C__k S__kin Wh_re? do I ? NO. So grow up you are not 2 anymore temper tantrums at your age just make you look stupid, and that is exactly why the store does not have cameras everywhere and yes we know where the blind spots are.
Why don't you carry guns (in toronto)? WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU STUPID ASS.

Sorry If these seems crass or rude but sometime you just gotta let it out.

thanks...
from the management.

FormerGM

You, sir, are an idiot. I doubt you will ever read this as by now I am sure you are unemployed living out of a box on Yonge St.

Your attitude tells everyone reading this why there is poor customer service at some CTC locations. If your attitude has been promoted to Hardware Manager (one of the hardest departments to run) then what does that say about your store in general?

Can't return a treadmill on a Saturday because the Vendor's are closed on the weekend so you can't obtain your RA#? Please.....that is lame. Ever hear of an Adjust-a-Card? Canadian Tire may have many faults but there is always a way to look after the customer. It sounds like you're too concerned with looking after yourself first.

A

Apalled

Agreed! Not only is the attitude of this contributor vile and hateful but the english composition and spelling were atrocious.

I understand the pressures of customer service and the need to vent, but there is a skill to it and this person couldn't be lacking in more of the basics.

All in all, I can't entirely blame the author of this post. Clearly this CT dealer (the one who hired this individual as a manager of anything in his store) has questionable retail/human resource skills himself.

I question the dealers of these stores and that they have failed to employ the proper idividuals with the correct soft skills needed for exceptional retail Customer Service, and have failed to train them properly and quite frankly, have failed to pay them properly or provide adequate incentive in order to keep staff morale on a high plain.

My hope is that CTC with its new plan for the 2008-2012 period, along with there newer store concept will implement a higher standard for their dealers as well. No use having spanking new store concepts if the old lackadaisical management styles are re-incorporated along with them.

FormerGM

No use having spanking new store concepts if the old lackadaisical management styles are re-incorporated along with them.

Exactly. This is where the "dealer" ownership plan becomes CTC's biggest downfall. They have no company wide training in place for their managers. Sure, they have a great e-learning program for new employees but until the dealers are willing to work with the corporation and create a national manager training program like other big box retailers, the customer service will not be constant from store to store.

Basically, with dealers making the decisions, the customer service level of each management team is dependent on the dealer's customer service skills. If his skills are non existent in the first place then the rest will follow.

Guest-0041

Directly from the CT website.
No mention of Return# from magnufacturer required for returns...

Returns, Refunds & Exchanges

Easy returns: Save your receipt
To return an item for exchange or refund, bring it to any Canadian Tire store within 90 days, in its original condition and packaging, with your receipt and issue of Canadian Tire ?Money??. Your name, residence address and phone number will be required. That information is collected, used and retained to help prevent fraud, and may only be disclosed within Canadian Tire. Valid photo ID may be required to confirm this information. Details at our Customer Service Desk. Some exceptions may apply.
Exceptions include:
- Items limited to return within 30 days: all electronics
- Items which may only be returned if they are unopened: ink cartridges, media, and memory cards

If you have purchased a product online or by phone that has arrived broken or damaged, please take it to any Canadian Tire store where it can be repaired or replaced. To find the store nearest you, select 'Store Locator' at the bottom of any page at Canadian Tire

Gift Cards purchases are final
Gift Cards are not returnable and non-refundable.

Shipping charges are non-refundable
We will gladly refund your original shipping cost if you are returning an item because of an error on our part, or we have determined that the product is defective or damaged.

Returns or exchanges on gifts
If you order an item at canadiantire.ca as a gift, the recipient can return or exchange it at any Canadian Tire store, with the Official Sales Receipt. We cannot refund any gift-wrapping charges.

If you require more information or require assistance with a return or exchange, call Customer Service at 1-866- SHOP-CTR (1 866 746-7287).

Guest-0045

Certainly, the first poster was way out of line. As a Canadian Tire employee, I do understand where he was coming from. However, there is no reason for such a terrible lack of customer service and indecency. This is especially disturbing coming from a self-proclaimed manager. I am a student and am enrolled in a prestigious program which is the only one of its kind in Canada. I have had many higher profile jobs and I even served in the Canadian Armed Forces. However, due to my need of money to support my endeavors at school, I have had to settle with working as a service adviser at Canadian Tire. The automotive service manager that hired me has been a stand up guy all of the way. However, due to a newer store dealer he has been demoted and replaced with a dinosaur of a man. The dealers skills and attitude towards wages, conduct, and standards are atrocious. The man in actuality tells us, between his teeth, to scam people. I have literally been cut in hours bit by bit to the point where I have not worked for the past 2 weeks and am close to going hungry. This has all been done in a bit for the dealer to make more money than he already does. I am unable to get another job in the city where I go to school because there is only a month and a half left of school before I am gone for the summer. We try to give great customer service as the aforementioned poster stated.(How hard he tries is up for debate) But, we are unable to do so adequately because of a lack of concern coupled with insatiable greed on the part of the dealers. We not payed highly enough nor are we staffed well enough to deal with the incredible amount of stress and workload that has been placed upon myself and my peers. To hopefully put things in better perspective than my fellow employee did before me; Yes there are many problems at Canadian Tire. However, I beg of you to contact the head office as well as the dealers themselves in order to complain. When I reach the time of my employment termination as school finishes, I will be contacting head office to explain and attest to what I have witnessed while working at Canadian Tire

Regards

Guest-0077

This is a case of “BUYER BEWARE” at Canadian Tire (Calgary Store #419, 64th Ave & Deerfoot Trail N.E, Calgary, Alberta).

Here’s my little story:

Bought a cordless mower one year ago, the battery dead just few days before the warranty expires, I think I was lucky.

Then the trouble starts, first I took the battery to the return desk, two ladies ask me to bring the whole mower so that they can replace a new one for me. (sounds too good to be true for Canadian tire.) , I believed them.

the whole stupidly heavy mower was taken to their store today, the new face behind the return desk asks me why bother to take the whole machine here? she was trying to kick me back to the factories, I explained to her, but then she told me there was no battery and this type of machines in the stock right now, and I have to take the mower to the other store to try.

I'm getting confused and feel like a fool, this yardwork mower is used only 4-5 times, and where am I suppose to take it now? so I asked her to call the manager who's named James, that so called manager has the worst attitude I've seen in Canada, first he told me I must have void the warranty by store the battery outdoor, I swear in Jesus name that I keep the battery in my basement all the time cause my charging station was there. and I'm that type of guy who always read the users manual. When I'm trying to speak something, he start yelling..." do you want me to help you or not?, will you let me finish?" I realized that I have no more things can talk with this guy. Then I ask him who's the higher manager, he points back to himself and told me he's the one......Great way to go! Canadian tire!

in the end, he told me he knows some magic, and he can get one new battery for me if I want, (now you want me to believe a new battery is in stock now?), I asked him is there any warranty for that "new battery", he says no! I might be stupid once, but not twice in two days!.

anyway, I will never buy anything from that 64 ave store, Just a simple battery swap within warranty has already made me looks like a scam customer. Bye Canadian Scam Tire!

Guest-0105

I totally agree with the top post. Customers are fucking retarded.. not all of them.. but most that talk..

RogerRZ

I totally agree with the top post. Customers are fucking retarded.. not all of them.. but most that talk..

I talk. I may or may not be, as you so eloquently stated "fucking retarded". I also have money. It also talks. Canadian Tire will not hear a peep from it. Employees like yourself make sure of it...

Guest-0120

Re: From the management? help these people

with 5 years in retail exp my self with a different chain than ctc .
i would like to say the inventory in my local store is huge .
but the local store has a manager from hell , treats her staff as less than dirt .
its so bad that it is well known , in the community , she is a bitch.
well , she runs a tight ship , not so , she is a perfectionist , not so , as long as she can pass blame it one of her staff . in front of a customer ,i have see in , felt so sorry i lowered my head in shame.
this person is one of the main resons this store gets a bad name .
the employies get no training , put out to the wolves , and learn as they go .
most of the employies starting wages are poor to say the least , under ten bucks .
these employies need to work wicket hours , and those that are supervisers make less than the employies , being on salary .
and some have to work form open to close , an unpaid double , to fill in .
the staff is always exhausted , ground down , by this wowam , that they can not function , frustrated , fearfull , of what she will do to them , cut thier shifts, make them work all nights , or all back to back shifts , night and the a mornings , or 10 + days straight with out a day off .
i see this as totaly wrong . i hope a review of the management system will so this as the exseption , i think not .
as the owners come and go , they are always learning a new store , and give free rain to the managers that are not well trained , in HR .
if your front line people are unable to think , smile , and enjoy thier jobs , (with out fear)
it is the most demanding type of work , with the least amount of reward .
happiness should not be that hard instill , and this should run up hill as well as down ;)

Guest-0149

Re: To the management?

I brought my car in for a oil and transmission fluid change,
There was nothing wrong with my car everything worked perfect,
I waited there for them to change the fluids.
After i paid them for the work i went out to my car and they were after damageing my car,
They bent my driver side between my door and wheel wall,
so I went back and i talked with management and he said it never happened there but it was not like it when i droped it off,
Then he said that it was my door droped, Then he said my fender droped then he went back and said it was my door again,
then he said it was me from slaming the door, He said him and five other people seen me slam my door.
I left there and took it to another macanic and he said that they jacked it up in the wrong spot,
and that it was plain as day to see exallty what happened,from the marks they left.
He said that my doors are working perfect .
He never even worked on my car so how can he say it never happened there.
Something should be done about this.

Guest-0150

i have assholes for managers who don't know how to do their job so then all the customers bitch at me. i don't know how any of these people become managers. oh wait, yes i do, my GM is retarded as well

Guest-0150

also from previous post. i could give many many many occasions and examples of why they all should not be in management, hell.. i don't even think they would manage working part time, with the brains they have, they'd be better off doing carry outs so they don't let their stupidity get in the way of anything, but knowing how dumb they are they might even mess that up

Guest-0151

The Hunterhorn store is the worst store in Calgary, and probably the worset in Canada. The aisles are cluttered with junk and unopened inventory. Stock for sale items are non-existent. The girl in the paint department is useless. When you ask for assistance to find a particular item, she just points her finger in the general direction and tell you it's over there somewhere. The checkout counters are cluttered with so much crap like beef jerky, lollipops and nick knacks that there is no room put your items. I live two blocks from this store. I rather drive 7 miles to another store in Country Hills where they have great staff and inventory. The place is also spotless.

Guest-0300

I talk. I may or may not be, as you so eloquently stated "fucking retarded". I also have money. It also talks. Canadian Tire will not hear a peep from it. Employees like yourself make sure of it...

Are you even for real?

I used to work at ct...and i will admit that its a pretty lame ass place to work and shop. I hated working there. anyways You need to get over this holier then thou attitude. No one cares how much money you have.. and no one cares if you're no longer going to shop at Canadian tire. For every retard Canadian tire loses... they gain 2 more. Canadian tire is a huge ass company and they make A LOT of money. Youre not as important as you think you are. So sit down and shut the fuck up. :)

Guest-0332

Agreed! Not only is the attitude of this contributor vile and hateful but the english composition and spelling were atrocious.

I understand the pressures of customer service and the need to vent, but there is a skill to it and this person couldn't be lacking in more of the basics.

All in all, I can't entirely blame the author of this post. Clearly this CT dealer (the one who hired this individual as a manager of anything in his store) has questionable retail/human resource skills himself.

I question the dealers of these stores and that they have failed to employ the proper idividuals with the correct soft skills needed for exceptional retail Customer Service, and have failed to train them properly and quite frankly, have failed to pay them properly or provide adequate incentive in order to keep staff morale on a high plain.

My hope is that CTC with its new plan for the 2008-2012 period, along with there newer store concept will implement a higher standard for their dealers as well. No use having spanking new store concepts if the old lackadaisical management styles are re-incorporated along with them.

I must agree and I support the Toronto manager 100%. It's the 1% of the customeers that feel thaat they can treat our staff like crap in this day and age that fuels this individuals anger.
When is it acceptable for a person to come into a family environment and swear at a young clerk.
When is it acceptable for a person whom is a visible minority to be treated in a racist manner?
Guess what hot shot dick head customers...... we are people and if you want to be treat with kindness and respect try giving it... push, push, push...
Do you beat your wife, kick a puppy and then come take it out on our staff?
You don't like Canadian Tire? Shut up, grow up... move on and get a life....

Guest-0276

"we are people and if you want to be treat with kindness and respect try giving it....."

boo hoo hoo from the lame ass retard who can't do anything else. boo hoo hoo. You want respect you whiny little cunt you earn it. You don't like your job you go elsewhere. Only you're too stupid to do anything else and even stupider for biting the hand that feeds you.

Guest-0164

dude.... get a new line, we get it you have money that can talk. If you hate CT so much and as you say will not get a "peep" from you why are you still talking about them.