How do you rate this store? (You may check muliple boxes)

• [color=green]Overall experience was GOOD.[/color]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [color=red]Overall experience was BAD.[/color]

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • [color=green]Staff is/was POLILTE, HELPFUL and PROFESSIONAL.[/color]

• [color=red]Staff is/was UNPLEASANT and UNHELPFUL.[/color]

• [color=green]Store is/was well stocked and organized.[/color]

• [color=red]Store is/was NOT well stocked and organized.[/color]

• [color=green]Store is/was neat and clean.[/color]

• [color=red]Store is/was dirty, neglected and untidy.[/color]

• [color=green]YES I am satisfied with the products / service.[/color]

• [color=red]NO I am NOT satisfied with the products / service.[/color]

• [color=green]YES I would recommend this store to others.[/color]

• [color=red]NO I would NOT recommend this store to others.[/color]

• Total voters

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Rate this Canadian Tire store?

Please vote on the above poll.
  • You may select multiple choices.
  • Only choose the options that apply.
  • Try to be honest.
Post other opinions and thought on this particular store below.

Guest-0093

Posted by an unregistered user
I cannot believe the level of disatisfaction that I experienced at the Auto Service department of this Canadian Tire location. It was my first experience using their auto service and most definitely my last. This goes to show that it does not pay to try and save a few dollars on car repairs.

To make a long story short, I brought my Caravan into the location to have the air conditioning system tested and fixed. After spending 5 hours and noticing many more people leaving shaking their heads in disgust, I was informed that the problem was fixed and I owed them $170.00. Although I was happy that they issue was fixed and at a fairly reasonable rate, 2 days later, the problem was back. I returned to Canadian Tire this morning to have them fix the problem or get my money back. This is where I am extremely disapointed. After spending another 2 hours in the waiting room, I am told that they missed the problem last time and that they will need to charge me $800 to fix the A/C this time. When I requested that my original $170 be refunded since they clearly did not fix the problem, the manager refused and started to tell me how he has been in the industry for 30 years and that this is standard procedure for A/C testing...after 10 minutes of arguing over the expectations that he staff had set with me he was very rude in saying that he could not do anything about it. GREAT Customer Satisfaction awareness.

When I pointed out the other flaws in their service and that many people were leaving unhappy, the manager said "i've only been here 1 month" so you cannot blame me for that....NICE!!

Anyway, I called their client relations department and they are looking into it. The process from here will dictate my level of satisfaction with Crappy Tire and determine if I will ever spend money there again.

MM

B

Burned by Crappy Tire

All Canadian Tire stores are totally out of my skin for ever.
By coincidence they did once in Milton a decent reasonable job
- change of the serpentine engine belt- (while I red complaints about other CT's
making mistake that a grade 1 kid could tell that was wrong since was not matching
the grooved surface with the grooved pouley and the smooth with the smooth).
And an other time in Vaughan for a clean air test normal service.
Both stores where new, recently opened at that time.

Once you make the mistake to deal with them, the inevitable bad surprise will be there.

Guest-0304

Worst store manager ever by Last name McLean:

He refused to exchange/return the worst GPS that is within 30 days . As a tore manager, he is rude and so unprofessional, should be fired!

I went to Bardford and returned it from there, they checked 5 times and eventually found the policy from magellian indicating initial defective is under exchange!

DO NOT GO to NEWMARKET Canadian tire shopping cuz you can NOT return anything

CT_MANAGER

Worst store manager ever by Last name McLean:

He refused to exchange/return the worst GPS that is within 30 days . As a tore manager, he is rude and so unprofessional, should be fired!

I went to Bardford and returned it from there, they checked 5 times and eventually found the policy from magellian indicating initial defective is under exchange!

DO NOT GO to NEWMARKET Canadian tire shopping cuz you can NOT return anything

If you had your receipt, what you could do it go to another store and indicate you are interested in the gps as a gift and request for the warranty to be printed for you to give along with the gift. Once you have that in hand, you now have the warranty proof. So long as you had your receipt and all terms in the warranty are subject for return, they shouldn't have the right to deny your exchange. If they (original store) refuse again with your warranty, either contact customer relations, and go to another store with your warranty in your possession and get your exchange.

The reason we don't return GPS's as it is an item that can be used as a "loan" product. However if your exchange was within the guidelines of the exchange warranty of the manufacture, then there should not be any reason for the denial.

Wish you the best of luck :)

Guest-0276

So long as you had your receipt and all terms in the warranty are subject for return, they shouldn't have the right to deny your exchange.

It sounds logical what you're suggesting but when you're dealing with an unreasonable company it's impossible. I did just that with store 313 and was refused from the getgo. Box, reciept, warranty valid reason. Speaking with corporate also was a big waste of time as they sent me back to the store and more bickering with the store and owner. "what are you going to do about it" was their last words to me. They're right. Outside of wasting my money and complaining to a useless CT there's nothing I can do about it. So I ate it and chalked it up to a bad lesson learned.

Guest-0276

Returning stuff at this location has always been a hassle. Managers are imbeciles at everything they do. Misquoting policies and procedures, favouring some customers over others. Turning a blind eye to the people who actually work and favouring those who go on smoke breaks with them.

It doesn't matter what the excuse was for not refunding as it's up to the store to accept it or not. Corporate can't do anything about it or won't get involved. So the customer is stuck period. I had a customer come back wanting to exchange her cans of paint as each can was a wrong shade of color. Definately the stores mistake. Now she was very nice, showed the receipt had already wasted time and labour painting her kitchen and had to stop painting. All she wanted was for all the cans to be the same shade and be on her way. I aplogized and wanted to help and give her something for her troubles but then the manager stepped in and I was told to go to seasons. Ok, I thought nothing of it and left. 10 minutes later there was a commotion at the service desk and she left yelling and screaming with the manager yelling and screaming back. On my next shift I hear about this customer, who called head office. The manager of course denied the whole thing and made up a story that she wanted the whole thing for free. Not true. But agreed to correct the shade of paint for her. When she returned with the paint she was treated horribly and anohter commotion at the front. She was told to get out of the store or police would be called. She left embarrassed and left the paint there. We all felt bad for her. The manager laughed and said " That's what she gets for pushing me around".

So really it doesn't matter what rights you think you may have, or what you're told or waht ever. 9 times out of 10 you're dealing with a bunch of assholes at Canadian Tire who like screwing over people. I quit a few weeks later and went over to the "enemy". I have more hours at Walmart and the way they treat customers is a lot better.

Emm12345

It is unless going to the head office. I tried with my case but was told the store customers concerns are dealt with by the individual store. Contacting management at the head office doesn’t get you anywhere either. They will feed you a bunch of BS to brush you off. Below is an email respond I received from one of their corporate management personnel when I contacted him regarding my case. Six week later I still haven’t receive a call or email from anyone. Classic eh? It’s pathetic.

Thank you so much for contacting me and for letting me know about your experience at our auto service centre in Aurora. Every day we try hard to meet our customers’ expectations, provide better service, launch new and exciting products and help in any way we can as Canadians tackle the jobs and joys of life in this great country. On behalf of the Canadian Tire Family of Companies I’m sorry for putting you through what sounds like a frustrating experience.
First, I want to reinforce that we are making huge progress in our efforts to better serve our customers across the country, particularly with our automotive service. We have invested heavily in training throughout our network in order to provide auto service employees with the training and tools they need to provide the best possible customer experience. While I am proud of the progress we’ve made, your letter reminds me that there is still work to be done.
I wanted to let you know that I have followed up with our Corporate Customer Relations team and understand that they have already been in touch with you and are in the process of resolving your case. I have full confidence in the team here at “the Tire” and know that they will do their very best to make things right for you.

CT Challenger

So sorry to hear what happened to you, Emm.

Indeed, each store is really just a random "Bakeware and Oil Change Emporium", with a Red Triangle of Crap stuck over the door. Sure, they get everything from a Crappy Distribution Center, but if something goes wrong, don't think for one second there's some kind of "Head Office" that is going to get between you and the locally owned and operated "B&OCE".