I made the mistake of buying a 'better' creeper for working on my car ...
My old creeper was worn out ... with wheels that kept falling off ... a real cheapy ... also CTC ...
This one looked GOOD ... Heavy ... larger wheels ... (Product #09-0095-6)
Unfortunately ... the wheels were kind of soft / sticky ... making it hard to slide under the car ...
Then I cracked the cheap 'masonite' back pad on it with my knee while I was getting up ...
I used it at home several times in that week ... ONLY 1 WEEK OLD ...
Paid regular price ... $69.99 ... NOW on sale 1/2 price ... $34.99 ...
NOW ... after 1 week ... I can't return it ... can't find the receipt ... :realmad:
I tried to write a review on CTC for the product ... I had to sign up to do it ... but they only accept GOOD reviews ... :realmad:
I sent an email to customer service quoting the Product review and have heard NOTHING ...:realmad:
:realmad:I think I'll call their 1-800 number and let them know what I think of the product, and make sure they remove my information & registration on CTC :realmad:

Attachments

• CTC_Creeper.jpg
    CTC_Creeper.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 369

RogerRZ

Moral of the story: Buy at Princess Auto, you don't need a reciept. They sell crap too, but when it breaks and you return it, you get a smile, and not a hassle...

**Princess Auto**
Great suggestion!
We just got a new store up in NewMarket in the last year ...
I've been a few times now ...
Amazing place!!!

Just got the standard form letter back CRAPPY TIRE ... last $0.01 those b@$t@rds are going to get from me!!!

Amazing Home Hardware and Walmart in the area now ... and they have GOOD return policies ... ;-)

Guest-0030

Posted by an unregistered user
Princess Auto rocks, I had this brad nailer from there, it quit working, I got pissed off and threw it at the cemet floor. It broke into 7 pieces, I took it back. said "this brad nailer quit working just before I threw it at the floor." She laughed, then told me to get another one off the shelf.

Guest-0033

"Princess Auto rocks, I had this brad nailer from there, it quit working, I got pissed off and threw it at the cemet floor. It broke into 7 pieces, I took it back. said "this brad nailer quit working just before I threw it at the floor." She laughed, then told me to get another one off the shelf."

I hate CT as much as anyone but if I was the merchant and you admitted to me that you smashed the item in question, there would be no refund or exchange forthcoming for you. It sounds to me like you need anger management therapy. Either that or you're a current Canadian Tire employee (the attitude matches).

rudesalespeople

**Princess Auto**
Great suggestion!
We just got a new store up in NewMarket in the last year ...
I've been a few times now ...
Amazing place!!!

Just got the standard form letter back CRAPPY TIRE ... last $0.01 those b@$t@rds are going to get from me!!!

Amazing Home Hardware and Walmart in the area now ... and they have GOOD return policies ... ;-)

I agree with you
I bought table umbrella. The wind broke it off at the table top, bent/broke tin right in two. It was first time I used it. The manager agreed the material was crap, but refused return because it was an act of "God" and there was nothing they could do about the crappy material!!!!:sad:

Guest-0343

I worked at Canadian Tire for 5 years and I worked Customer Service. IF you don't have the receipt there are still things you can do. Did you purchase with a credit card? or with your debit card? If you have a recorded transaction for the purchase they should be able to help you get your money back, or at least a store credit. Bottom Line Customer is always right. I am sorry you had a bad experience there but there is a lot of pressure on the staff to do things "wrong" in the sense that we bully the customer. I left because I was trained in a way that the customer is always right (even when you're wrong!) and that I am trying to build a relationship with that customer; however management (not the owners however -usually), only care about the dollars and don't look at customer relations. Remind whoever is working at customer service that their job is to build a relationship with you- the customer. Anyways I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't get the service they deserve.