Guest-0027

Posted by an unregistered user
So its October 22, 2008 around 6pm.
I'm in the store to look at fondu sets. I see a cordless phone and the price under it is $24.99 its behind closed, but not locked, glass doors. I grab that and my fondu set and head to the cash.

It rings up at $30-something, not a huge difference but a difference none the same. So I tell her, and she calls housewares and they go and look. The item was in a wrong spot. She calls up the manager and I go with him to show him where it was, stating, it's not my fault that its in a wrong spot especially since it was behind doors. He says that it wasn't locked so anyone could have moved it. Fair enough.

I go back to cash and tell the girl in a firm tone "Nevermind, I no longer want it." She says to me "Well you don't need to get snippy with me." I look at her and say "I'm not getting snippy with you, this has nothing to do with you." She turns to me, putting her fist up and says, "Look here, I'll f****** deck you b****!" I'm in shock and say, "Excuse me?!" At this point I walk away towards the door and where the manger is saying to him that she has no right and no need to talk to a customer that way and quoting to him what she says. He tells ME that I don't need to be swearing! So real slowly and firmly I tell him that I'm """QUOTING""" what she said to me! "Well, I didn't hear her say it" he says, and asks me to step outside with him. So we step into the enterance way between the outside and inside doors, and he tells me again that he didn't hear it, and that "I" shouldn't be swearing. Again I tell him that I'm merely quoting what she had said to me. He says that he didnt hear it, [yeah I got that for the third time] but "IF she said it then HE is sorry" [I'm thinking why are you sorry, you should be making HER appologize!]

At this point I'm so frustrated that I walk away and say nevermind!

I called the police to press charges for her uttering threats to cause bodily harm, they said there most likely wasnt enough evidence, because she most likely will say something different, and so they aren't going to press charges. But he was going to go there and "warn" her.... /wristslap. [are you kidding me!]

So some little chickypop gets to shoot her mouth off and get away with it instead of learning that there are consiquences for her actions. And the manager was no help whatsoever as well. If I the customer had of spoke to her like that, I'm sure that charges would have been pressed against me.

This is not over, I will be calling head office in the morning to complain some more.

Guest-0028

Update:
This morning I called that store to speak directly to the owner about checking the recordings from the cameras, to which he imformed me that the cameras are down and therefore not recording. That's right! ALL the cameras at the cash area of the store aren't working.

Guest-0039

I have worked at Canadian Tire for 3 years and the management was terrible. They wear out the employees and talked to us like we were dumb. It was frustrating. BUT why the hell would you feel compelled to tell the cashier you didn't want the item. Every single day at least 10 customers will bitch at an employee for something that is beyond their control. What is the need to tell someone at a till your complaint? Get a manager. It's people like you who think that retail should behave like waiters, or a government agency. You're pathetic.

Guest-0082

Story never happened, so please don't come here with this garbage. First off, who in their right mind is gonna just fly of the handle like that, immediately insulting you with profanities and threats? Nobody that's who, and if this person did do it, then the management would know about this person's temper, and it wouldn't have been an issue. Second, you're gonna tell me there wasn't a single other cashier, employee or customer anywhere in hearing distance of this scene that could backup your story to the management? Exactly, there would have been someone else there who would have heard it. Finally, if you were repeating what the cashier had said, including the profanities, and the manager got upset saying you don't have to say these things in front of customers, then it means customers were there to hear what the cashier said, which would substantiate your story. Oh, another note, the store is littered with cameras, and you're gonna tell me there were ZERO cameras on the registers? Again, bullshit, this entire story screams of bullshit.

Guest-0061

Story never happened, so please don't come here with this garbage. First off, who in their right mind is gonna just fly of the handle like that, immediately insulting you with profanities and threats? Nobody that's who, and if this person did do it, then the management would know about this person's temper, and it wouldn't have been an issue. Second, you're gonna tell me there wasn't a single other cashier, employee or customer anywhere in hearing distance of this scene that could backup your story to the management? Exactly, there would have been someone else there who would have heard it. Finally, if you were repeating what the cashier had said, including the profanities, and the manager got upset saying you don't have to say these things in front of customers, then it means customers were there to hear what the cashier said, which would substantiate your story. Oh, another note, the store is littered with cameras, and you're gonna tell me there were ZERO cameras on the registers? Again, bullshit, this entire story screams of bullshit.

The only one screaming of bullshit right now is you. Most Canadian Tire owners have a shitty disposition themselves, so why would they care what their front-line staff do?
Also, this is why no one gets witnesses in Canada. People like you stand around and think, "It's not my problem, so I'm not getting involved." Then they proceed to buy their cheap Canadian Tire shit and merrily walk out the door.

Guest-0082

The only one screaming of bullshit right now is you. Most Canadian Tire owners have a shitty disposition themselves, so why would they care what their front-line staff do?
Also, this is why no one gets witnesses in Canada. People like you stand around and think, "It's not my problem, so I'm not getting involved." Then they proceed to buy their cheap Canadian Tire shit and merrily walk out the door.

Well the managers would care about the disposition of their front-line staff because if a customer complains, the manager does nothing and is more ignorant than the cashier, then the manager will also be in a whole heap of trouble once the police arrive to take a report, once the customer makes a formal complaint with the head office, etc. And how do you have any clue, to say that people like me stand around and this it's not my problem so I'm not getting involved. If I saw a sales person or cashier make threats like that, I would definately join the customer in making a complaint with the manager for evidence so that it wouldn't happen again and there would be consequences for their actions. I say this is all bullshit because if you read what's going on, it's apparent there's a lot missing to this story. Like for example, no other people working there, or customers were around to witness this? Nothing happened when the police were called at all? The fact that for some extremely odd reason, there were no working camera's covering the cash registers or the doors? I mean come on, I could understand a camera out in a sports section or something, but you honestly want me to believe no cameras were taping the registers and door? Total BS.

Guest-0061

Well the managers would care about the disposition of their front-line staff because if a customer complains, the manager does nothing and is more ignorant than the cashier, then the manager will also be in a whole heap of trouble once the police arrive to take a report, once the customer makes a formal complaint with the head office, etc. And how do you have any clue, to say that people like me stand around and this it's not my problem so I'm not getting involved. If I saw a sales person or cashier make threats like that, I would definately join the customer in making a complaint with the manager for evidence so that it wouldn't happen again and there would be consequences for their actions. I say this is all bullshit because if you read what's going on, it's apparent there's a lot missing to this story. Like for example, no other people working there, or customers were around to witness this? Nothing happened when the police were called at all? The fact that for some extremely odd reason, there were no working camera's covering the cash registers or the doors? I mean come on, I could understand a camera out in a sports section or something, but you honestly want me to believe no cameras were taping the registers and door? Total BS.

I couldn't care less if you believe it or not. I believe it.
Also, since when have the police ever cared about what goes on behind the doors of a retail store, so long as someone's not being murdered or shoplifting? This is Canada and what would you get for uttering threats? 4 months probation, if that?

Guest-0172

Hi, I dont think customer complaints matter to CT. I am victim of that. (my car lost three out of five lug-bolts from front wheel). I have tried CD-corporate office and manager with no outcome. Bolts were only $36 but WHY should i pay for them?
CT on Sarcee trail in NW CALGARY is the worst.......

Guest-0175

what do you expect from people making below than average wages good custumer service?
fall over backwards to help you no...! i went to the parts centre to pick-up spark/plugs and wires
for car and the kid there didnt either care or didnt no his head from his ass and gave me the wrong ones
and to add insult i took it back and get this they exchanged my spark plugs but not my wires!
and told me we dont refund electrical items even after i told the cashier the guy over there
gave me the wrong one she didnt car called the dick head manager same b.s. i told the same
story and got no where goes to show you once they have your money even if they srew you up
its theres F0%&k ct

Guest-0110

what do you expect from people making below than average wages good custumer service?
fall over backwards to help you no...! i went to the parts centre to pick-up spark/plugs and wires
for car and the kid there didnt either care or didnt no his head from his ass and gave me the wrong ones
and to add insult i took it back and get this they exchanged my spark plugs but not my wires!
and told me we dont refund electrical items even after i told the cashier the guy over there
gave me the wrong one she didnt car called the dick head manager same b.s. i told the same
story and got no where goes to show you once they have your money even if they srew you up
its theres F0%&k ct

But I would be willing to bet money that you'll keep going right back to shop there.

Guest-0265

Police should have hauled this cashier out the front door and straight to jail. There is no excuse for that kind of behaviour. I had one tell me that they didn't care if anyone was coming to help me cause she was off at 5. This store does not care at all about customer service. In fact they seem to go out of their way to alienate customers. Even calling head office you get that fuck you mentality. Simply tell everyone and don't spend your money there. At some point they will go out of business.

Guest-0205

Police should have hauled this cashier out the front door and straight to jail. There is no excuse for that kind of behaviour. I had one tell me that they didn't care if anyone was coming to help me cause she was off at 5. This store does not care at all about customer service. In fact they seem to go out of their way to alienate customers. Even calling head office you get that fuck you mentality. Simply tell everyone and don't spend your money there. At some point they will go out of business.

Retards.... Your all retards and should be put down