yohan

Service at Canadian tire is going from bad to worst.
Buyer be ware: reed your receipt before leaving the store you might have bought something that's a final sale or repair only they will not tell you but just print it on your receipt. this happened to me recently and gues what canadian tire headoffice does not even care every store can do what they want since they are independently operated so its upto the store on how bad tey realy want to be. in this case the store on Rutherford Rd. opposite Vaughanmills mall in vaughan (Woodbridge) Ontario. the store manager there is just some one who has the following principle you bought it its yours no customer service at all.

Guest-0072

Posted by an unregistered user
Yes, I actually am writing an ad on this site to talk about Canadian Tire's Preston Crossing Auto Service Centre. Wouldn't you if you had to undertake an excrutiating 13.5 hour ordeal with 2 young children?

I will make this as short as I can: We brought in our vehicle to have something installed. We brought it in at 8AM. The night before, we called in to confirm with the parts department the price of what we wanted, in stock availability, and then was transferred to the service department to confirm price of installation. Then reconfirmed the next morning when we brought in our vehicle. Job including all parts/labour/etc should have cost around $500. Good! We told the service department while checking in exactly what we wanted, gave our key and headed off. Did not receive a call until 2:30 when it was finished. Got off work at 6PM and headed straightaway there with my family (including 2 young children). Determined that they installed the incorrect product as well as charged us $220 more than what we were quoted as they had to "courier it over from another automotive place". As well as charged us more labour because it "took more time".

Ok, maybe if you have no budget, pay what you have to and go, right? NO! We have a budget (hence us going to Canadian Tirein the first place). As well, can you see the problems in the above situation? We asked for a certain product that was supposedly in stock, they chose to put in another product that cost more and took more time and did not call us first to confirm?? Big problem! When confronting the service manager (big PRICK by the way), he said that the product we asked for what not written on the service order, therefore it is our word against his service tech's word. Of course, the service tech said that we didn't ask for a specific product. My question, is how did they know what to install on our vehicle if it was not written on the service order? Why didn't they change our oil instead? How did they know what to do with our vehicle?? Another BIG problem. So, we now feel railroaded as they are holding our keys hostage becuase we have to pay this nearly $800 invoice when we were quoted about $500.
The manager was not willing to budge, ended up walking away from us and leaving us there for about 15 minutes. Then he decided to come back and ask us if anyone has helped us! We had to pay if we were going to get our vehicle back (hence the railroading!). We left. When we opened up our vehicle, we noticed that we did not get anything close to what we asked for. Therefore, had to go back into the store and go through hell all over again. They promised us that they would re-install the correct product and would be done by 8:30, gauranteed. At 8:30 we arrived back after already having to entertain our children for the past 2 hours. It was not done and we were told another 15 minutes. After 25 minutes, we were told another half an hour. Anyways, we were finally done by 9:30. There was wiring involved with what we had installed, and it shorted out our tail lights by the time we got home (we live out of town). Therefore, we were driving on the highway in the dark with no taillights!
So, major problems involved here. If someone who works at the Canadian Tire store reads this, please let your manager know that I am coming on strong, hot and pissed! I already have the head office number and the Better Business Bureau's numbers here and waiting. I am calling the store's manager to get at the very least an apology. Personally, it needs to be told to all people that Canadian Tire service at the Preston Crossing store is corrupt! Not only were we visibly angry and trying to be as civil as we could (in between keeping our children entertained and being completely IGNORED), but the 2 other staff members and the service manager were all rude to us. I have in my past career experience been a general manager of a store and I know how to treat customers. I did not get even a smile during or after this process. We were ignored by all 3 men in the service department as well as being treated like scum. As if it was our mistake???!!! No! I think not. We asked for a SPECIFIC product and got one that cost more (and was not asked about it). Then we were charged the extra amount. Now my vehicle has no tail lights and who knows what else went wrong with the wiring.
I am coming Canadian Tire management....expect me today!

Guest-0106

canadian tire needs more staff...

giving lockup keys to only managers is really dumb and slows everything down

I

IgotoCrappyTIREandHATEit

I go to Crappy tire all the time, because its ... some what cheap and nothing else around.

NEVER had good service, Infact it is absolutely some of the worst service on a consistent basis.
PLEASE take Canadian out of the name , as you only reinforce Canada's record of awful service.

So many teenager and dude wheres my car people working there, and you must wonder who hired these idiots and who runs the store.

Guest-0154

Service at Canadian tire is going from bad to worst.
Buyer be ware: reed your receipt before leaving the store you might have bought something that's a final sale or repair only they will not tell you but just print it on your receipt. this happened to me recently and gues what canadian tire headoffice does not even care every store can do what they want since they are independently operated so its upto the store on how bad tey realy want to be. in this case the store on Rutherford Rd. opposite Vaughanmills mall in vaughan (Woodbridge) Ontario. the store manager there is just some one who has the following principle you bought it its yours no customer service at all.

Yu neeed tu lurn howww tu spel.

Guest-0197

Canadian tire personel is retarted, just go in knowing what u need/want cuz they are all idiots i asked for a product knowing its in the store somewhere and the "bucket" said they dont carry it. Who the hell hired that guy..... better yet who trained him??????

P

pm33

Does anyone train these jackass kids who work there? I've come to accept that I must know exactly what I need, and where it is located before I enter the store. Because the staff is of absolutely no help at all. And this goes for every Canadian Tire store I've been in of late (GTA anyway)

I go to Crappy tire all the time, because its ... some what cheap and nothing else around.

NEVER had good service, Infact it is absolutely some of the worst service on a consistent basis.
PLEASE take Canadian out of the name , as you only reinforce Canada's record of awful service.

So many teenager and dude wheres my car people working there, and you must wonder who hired these idiots and who runs the store.

Guest-0276

Re: Canadian tire-777 Upper James Hamilton-worst place

He obviously wasn't a customer if he was shoplifting

Spoken like white trailer trash CT management! Now throw in wrongful death charges against those three red shirts, a lawsuit against the owner and the corporation + more media coverage on the perils of shopping at Canadian Tire.

Guest-0164

Spoken like white trailer trash CT management! Now throw in wrongful death charges against those three red shirts, a lawsuit against the owner and the corporation + more media coverage on the perils of shopping at Canadian Tire.

1) CT did not make the choice for this piece of scum to steal.
2) CT was not responsible for this mans health going into this situation
3) CT was not responsibe for the outdoor tempiture that day

1) The thief made the decision to steal that day
2) The thef was responsible for his own health
3) The theif made the decision to run in the blistering heat

If someone steals from you it is a common response to chase them. This theif is responsible for everything that happened. It is sad that he died, however it is of his own doing.

Guest-0276

1) CT did not make the choice for this piece of scum to steal.
2) CT was not responsible for this mans health going into this situation
3) CT was not responsibe for the outdoor tempiture that day

1) The thief made the decision to steal that day
2) The thef was responsible for his own health
3) The theif made the decision to run in the blistering heat

If someone steals from you it is a common response to chase them. This theif is responsible for everything that happened. It is sad that he died, however it is of his own doing.

The person who died didn't steal anything and was chased down by teenagers with the approval of an over aggressive manager. Calling the man a thief is nothing more than a smokescreen, a poor one at that to try to minimize the stores liability in this case. Now CT average dumb dumb, explain how you identify theft in the store.

You probably can't even get that right.

Guest-0164

The person who died didn't steal anything and was chased down by teenagers with the approval of an over aggressive manager. Calling the man a thief is nothing more than a smokescreen, a poor one at that to try to minimize the stores liability in this case. Now CT average dumb dumb, explain how you identify theft in the store.

You probably can't even get that right.

yo dip shit... he stole something... that makes him a theif.

Guest-0276

yo dip shit... he stole something... that makes him a theif.

damn son, you is stuuppiiiiiid! Who's side are you on anyway? CT will never give a shit about some high school drop out, good for nothing, never will amount to anything trash like you!!! So better start wising up and seeing what you can do for yourself and start boosting stuff!

Guest-0164

damn son, you is stuuppiiiiiid! Who's side are you on anyway? CT will never give a shit about some high school drop out, good for nothing, never will amount to anything trash like you!!! So better start wising up and seeing what you can do for yourself and start boosting stuff!

Theives are scum and should be treated as such

Guest-0164

Wow.... your are a real winner, first of all i dont work for CT. Second of all this guy was responsible for his own fate. oh and damn son, you is a fuuuuuuuuckhead

Guest-0310

Yes, I actually am writing an ad on this site to talk about Canadian Tire's Preston Crossing Auto Service Centre. Wouldn't you if you had to undertake an excrutiating 13.5 hour ordeal with 2 young children?

I will make this as short as I can: We brought in our vehicle to have something installed. We brought it in at 8AM. The night before, we called in to confirm with the parts department the price of what we wanted, in stock availability, and then was transferred to the service department to confirm price of installation. Then reconfirmed the next morning when we brought in our vehicle. Job including all parts/labour/etc should have cost around $500. Good! We told the service department while checking in exactly what we wanted, gave our key and headed off. Did not receive a call until 2:30 when it was finished. Got off work at 6PM and headed straightaway there with my family (including 2 young children). Determined that they installed the incorrect product as well as charged us $220 more than what we were quoted as they had to "courier it over from another automotive place". As well as charged us more labour because it "took more time".

Ok, maybe if you have no budget, pay what you have to and go, right? NO! We have a budget (hence us going to Canadian Tirein the first place). As well, can you see the problems in the above situation? We asked for a certain product that was supposedly in stock, they chose to put in another product that cost more and took more time and did not call us first to confirm?? Big problem! When confronting the service manager (big PRICK by the way), he said that the product we asked for what not written on the service order, therefore it is our word against his service tech's word. Of course, the service tech said that we didn't ask for a specific product. My question, is how did they know what to install on our vehicle if it was not written on the service order? Why didn't they change our oil instead? How did they know what to do with our vehicle?? Another BIG problem. So, we now feel railroaded as they are holding our keys hostage becuase we have to pay this nearly $800 invoice when we were quoted about $500.
The manager was not willing to budge, ended up walking away from us and leaving us there for about 15 minutes. Then he decided to come back and ask us if anyone has helped us! We had to pay if we were going to get our vehicle back (hence the railroading!). We left. When we opened up our vehicle, we noticed that we did not get anything close to what we asked for. Therefore, had to go back into the store and go through hell all over again. They promised us that they would re-install the correct product and would be done by 8:30, gauranteed. At 8:30 we arrived back after already having to entertain our children for the past 2 hours. It was not done and we were told another 15 minutes. After 25 minutes, we were told another half an hour. Anyways, we were finally done by 9:30. There was wiring involved with what we had installed, and it shorted out our tail lights by the time we got home (we live out of town). Therefore, we were driving on the highway in the dark with no taillights!
So, major problems involved here. If someone who works at the Canadian Tire store reads this, please let your manager know that I am coming on strong, hot and pissed! I already have the head office number and the Better Business Bureau's numbers here and waiting. I am calling the store's manager to get at the very least an apology. Personally, it needs to be told to all people that Canadian Tire service at the Preston Crossing store is corrupt! Not only were we visibly angry and trying to be as civil as we could (in between keeping our children entertained and being completely IGNORED), but the 2 other staff members and the service manager were all rude to us. I have in my past career experience been a general manager of a store and I know how to treat customers. I did not get even a smile during or after this process. We were ignored by all 3 men in the service department as well as being treated like scum. As if it was our mistake???!!! No! I think not. We asked for a SPECIFIC product and got one that cost more (and was not asked about it). Then we were charged the extra amount. Now my vehicle has no tail lights and who knows what else went wrong with the wiring.
I am coming Canadian Tire management....expect me today!

I work at the CrappyTire store in Aurora and believe me when I say STAY AWAY!
The emergency exit doors are blocked nearly eveyday, some days they're clear but it's rare.
SOME staff don't know what they're doing. They just want the pay cheque at the end of the day.
Can barely move in the warehouse and finding stuff is getting worst, they keep ordering in to much.
There are mice, rats, (All though I've never seen any. Just heard other staff.) and a chipmunk that is eating our birdseed and the managers won't do anything.
They put to much pressure on one employee and send him home if he gets a little moody.
This one girl talks on her cellphone in the warehouse (something that no one should do)

Guest-0205

I work at the CrappyTire store in Aurora and believe me when I say STAY AWAY!
The emergency exit doors are blocked nearly eveyday, some days they're clear but it's rare.
SOME staff don't know what they're doing. They just want the pay cheque at the end of the day.
Can barely move in the warehouse and finding stuff is getting worst, they keep ordering in to much.
There are mice, rats, (All though I've never seen any. Just heard other staff.) and a chipmunk that is eating our birdseed and the managers won't do anything.
They put to much pressure on one employee and send him home if he gets a little moody.
This one girl talks on her cellphone in the warehouse (something that no one should do)

This is not a comment for or against Canadian Tire... simply food for thought. Businesses like CT are made up of people, they are real people not drones made by an evil corp. People with more drive or ambition or perhaps means seek employment at higher paying jobs. The people working at places like CT, Rona, Home Hardware. etc are either there for life of using it as a stepping stone to there future. The fact is none of these places will ever pay top dollar and it is ridiculous to ever expect them too (and if they tried the labor expenses would be so high they would go out of business very quickly). These circumstances means a certain demographic of people will work at CT, and CT has to work with what it has. Now i am not arguing for CT in any way however, perhaps we need to blame ourselves and society for this predicament. I was raised to work hard at anything I did regardless of the pay. If i want more money then i need to find a job where this is possible, if i choose not to then i should still work hard for the company i choose to work for. Time and time again I hear people say this job doesn;t pay enough for me to care. That my friends is bull shit, we choose what we do in life. I am disgusted at the mentality of people to day. They get hired at these places knowing full well what they pay, do little to no work and expect to be paid more because they think it is fair. We truly live in a generation of spoiled ignorance. That Canadian Tire you are complaining about is made up of people from its surrounding community, perhaps the people in that town should raise their children right!

Guest-0311

I agree.The majority of kids these days are spoiled rotten. I was starting to believe there were no intelligent people on this site.