nickull

I bought a MasterCraft Air Compressor at the Cambie street store. I took it to Mayne Island to use to pump up a backhoe tire and it broke in 2 minutes the first day of use (second day I owned it). Basically the connecting rod to the compressor piston shattered into hundreds of pieces (yes - I did check the oil level first). Unfortunately, my receipt got misplaced (Murphy's Law - I have receipts for everything in the last 12 years except this one apparently). When I took it back to the store, my credit card receipt was not good enough and they would not return my money without an itemized receipt. Instead they offered me a store credit. I reluctantly took it but found out when I got home it expires in 2 months. This was not explained to me at the store!! This means I basically handed Canadian Tire $165 and have nothing in return. I won't buy any more crappy MasterCraft products. The only thing that comes to mind is to buy $165 worth of spray paint and write "Canadian Tire Sucks!!" all over the outside of the building.

In the last twenty years I probably have spent over $7500 at Canadian Tire. They have lost a customer for life unless this gets resolved.

Anyone have any ideas??? I would hate to have to cost them $100,000 ++ in lost customers like I did with Rheem Canada and HillCrest Plumbing (both acted like criminals) but since I have a well followed blog and big audience I will definitely cost pass this story around if I don't get satisfaction.

Technoracle (a.k.a. "Duane's World"): Buying a hot water heater? Read this first. Don't buy Rheem

Thanks in advance.

/n

B

Burned by Crappy Tire

You can sue in the Small Claims Court .
You only need $ 75 to file . Need No paralegal No Lawyer
The Small Claims will give you a form to fill out.
or you can get the form through Ontario government Web Site (I am in Ontario)
and all the information you need .
Ministry of the Attorney General - Small Claims Court Guides to Procedures
Also an easy with simple examples and instructions to follow,
an excellent source of Small Claims Courts Must Read information,
from Ontario Government:
http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.o...a_Claim-EN.pdf
You Do Not need proof,evidence etc. (courts do not operate like Crappy Tire policy).
Try to have all you need for the day of the court, on your filling use extra paper
and preferably typed and try to give dates and times so you give extra weight as much as
you can .
and make sure You make a precise amount of dollars claim and how you got to that.
The Judge can NOT award you rough or fictional figures.
Try to make understandable your case to the judge, and if you think someone can help you as witness
or just helper take him/her with you.
The ODDS are on your side especially if the crappy tire ran with a lot of troubles before you
in the same court or such in my case they did not come and my claim awarded in their absence.
They sent a letter to the court that with a copy of my signed estimate
for $ 2,300 . Their letter was not valid as they had to fill out a specific form to comply with the
court rules and procedures. And although I signed for and paid for does not mean that I can not
claim back since there was no service performed as per their own promises.
For SUING use the: Canadian Tire,
Store ###,Address and postal code
and the business Name of the Owner of that store.

Guest-0140

Posted by an unregistered user
Credit notes can only be used for merchandise. Not gift cards.

My suggestion is to get your print out of your credit card and have them look up your itemized recepit. It can be done EASILY. All they need is the date, and your card number to search it up. And then you can get your refund. Them not doing that is just plain fucking laziness. If people lose their receipts at my store, this is the first thing we offer.

The credits at my store expire after 30 days though.

Guest-0181

Just buy a new compressor & return the old one in the new box. Keep doing that. Call Canadian Tire Mastercard and complain to customer relations. Also if you have a card from there, threten to cancel. They usually will offer $20 to $30 in CT $.I worked there for 4 years. Have very poor things to say about their so called "honesty, dignity and respect" They will give you something if you gripe enough. I f one rep wont credit you, hang up and call another or just ask to spk to their supervisor.

Guest-0164

Just buy a new compressor & return the old one in the new box. Keep doing that. Call Canadian Tire Mastercard and complain to customer relations. Also if you have a card from there, threten to cancel. They usually will offer $20 to $30 in CT $.I worked there for 4 years. Have very poor things to say about their so called "honesty, dignity and respect" They will give you something if you gripe enough. I f one rep wont credit you, hang up and call another or just ask to spk to their supervisor.

That is flat out theft you no good piece of shit. It is people like you that make customer service employee's not trust there customers. It is becasue of people like you that honest people cant get a hassle free return. If your scam works then that item will go back on the shelf and some poor person will buy a used item and blame Canadian Tire. And keep calling and bitchin like a spoiled 2 year old so you can get free stuff you dont deserve, your parents should have done a better raising you instead of the scum of the earth that you turned out to be.

Guest-0164

I bought a MasterCraft Air Compressor at the Cambie street store. I took it to Mayne Island to use to pump up a backhoe tire and it broke in 2 minutes the first day of use (second day I owned it). Basically the connecting rod to the compressor piston shattered into hundreds of pieces (yes - I did check the oil level first). Unfortunately, my receipt got misplaced (Murphy's Law - I have receipts for everything in the last 12 years except this one apparently). When I took it back to the store, my credit card receipt was not good enough and they would not return my money without an itemized receipt. Instead they offered me a store credit. I reluctantly took it but found out when I got home it expires in 2 months. This was not explained to me at the store!! This means I basically handed Canadian Tire $165 and have nothing in return. I won't buy any more crappy MasterCraft products. The only thing that comes to mind is to buy $165 worth of spray paint and write "Canadian Tire Sucks!!" all over the outside of the building.

In the last twenty years I probably have spent over $7500 at Canadian Tire. They have lost a customer for life unless this gets resolved.

Anyone have any ideas??? I would hate to have to cost them $100,000 ++ in lost customers like I did with Rheem Canada and HillCrest Plumbing (both acted like criminals) but since I have a well followed blog and big audience I will definitely cost pass this story around if I don't get satisfaction.

Technoracle (a.k.a. "Duane's World"): Buying a hot water heater? Read this first. Don't buy Rheem

Thanks in advance.

/n

Seems to me like there is more to this story, for starters CT could take you credit card number and search there back end pos system (not a simple thing todo like that other post said.... system is meant for record keeping not searching for lost receipts), second they wouldn't need to do that since they have their front end pos (point of sale) which does have a search feature meant for looking up receipts (can find any debit or credit purcahase assuming you have the card still and you know the month of purchase), third if you did have your credit card statement and the CT purchase on the statement then that is considered proof of purchase (my store does it all the time)..... also this will be the third retailer that has "wronged" you..... seems to be a pattern forming.

guiver

Thanks in advance.

/n

How is it Canadian Tires responsibility if you lost your receipt? Receit is proof of purchase, perhaps you should grow up and not blame others for your problems. ??? and how does your $7500 in twenty year relate to you cost CT 100,000+ ? Also how do you know that you cost those other company any money at all???? You sir are a complete tool who thinks allot more of himself than he should... seriously i took a look at your profile... tool

Guest-0188

guiver your a friggin tool and ahalf
this one is easy NO receite NO exchange or refund if there nice enough to give you
an instore credit consider that a bonus on there part! they dont have too give you jack crap
if you ask me lost your receite too friggin bad you shouldent of lost it thats your fault get it!..? stop blameing and insulting others for your stupidity!!... i have bought stuff from them before when there is a problem wich doesent happen often i return it with a receite and get my money back never had any issues with ct play the game right keep your receits moron.

Guest-0164

guiver your a friggin tool and ahalf
this one is easy NO receite NO exchange or refund if there nice enough to give you
an instore credit consider that a bonus on there part! they dont have too give you jack crap
if you ask me lost your receite too friggin bad you shouldent of lost it thats your fault get it!..? stop blameing and insulting others for your stupidity!!... i have bought stuff from them before when there is a problem wich doesent happen often i return it with a receite and get my money back never had any issues with ct play the game right keep your receits moron.

Dude ya got the wrong guy im with you

Guest-0189

i bought a weed trimmer last spring from ct problem came
when i took it home and opened up the box found it broken
in 2 places so ok thought ok take it back get my refund didnt care
i seen a better one at home depot anyway
whent back to ct to returns and exchanges desk asked for my
money back and the lady refused by telling me we dont take

back broken or any damaged goods sorry..........
i said this was already broken in the box when i pulled
it out she said again soory i asked for the manager and again
i repeated to him what had happened after i bought it from HIS
STORE he to replied we dont exept broken goods back by this time
i was MAD ready to jump on him... i yelled out to him. look i bought this already

broken from YOUR STORE GET IT!! i whant my money back!!!.........
by this time i had caused a scene in the store a few people gathered
around i had told myself i ant leaving this knucklehead with out my
dough i guess i humiluted the manager enough that he agreed to give me back
my 89. 26$ and told me to leave and that i was not welcomed
in the store anymore i replied who would wanna shop here anyway?
and deal with bullshit ! and i left the morol of my experience

is never give up especially if your in the right and there in the wrong fight for your right... !!!!!!
crappy tire sucks and that goes for the knuckle head manager too!! you suck you bold headed knucklehead!!

Guest-0164

No, I'm not a pencil but at least I don't make a fool out of myself as you do. You try to come across as witty, yet you botch the easiest words to spell. Moron.

There is a well known qoute, i forget who originally said it but it simply states "insults are the last refuge of the out argued and un creative". So to all those (on either side of an argument) who respond with instults, threats or profanity, perhaps you should re-evaluate your responses.