CT_MANAGER

I can't believe I am asking this, but I HAVE TO KNOW..

WHY is it that it seems EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER comes up to us as ask "Excuse me, do you work here?" when you are either:

1. Putting up signs
2. Stocking shelves
3. Wearing Canadian tire shirts

I WISH I had customers in my store putting away stock and stocking our shelves for us but that doesn't happen.. so WHAT ELSE WOULD WE BE BUT PART OF THE STORE IF WE ARE DOING STORE ACTIVITIES??

Guest-0110

Posted by an unregistered user
I can't believe I am asking this, but I HAVE TO KNOW..

WHY is it that it seems EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER comes up to us as ask "Excuse me, do you work here?" when you are either:

1. Putting up signs
2. Stocking shelves
3. Wearing Canadian tire shirts

I WISH I had customers in my store putting away stock and stocking our shelves for us but that doesn't happen.. so WHAT ELSE WOULD WE BE BUT PART OF THE STORE IF WE ARE DOING STORE ACTIVITIES??

You answer to them should be, "Yes, I 'work' here but don't expect much from me because I think all customers are assholes and rip-off artists and we're not responsible for our products because we only 'sell' them and are just a middleman."

Guest-0258

bahaha i get the same thing at my store. usually i just tell the customer yes and help them with what they need but really i want to say when they ask me if i work there is " No, I don't work here miss, I just like the shirt!" some people are so fucking stupid!!!

Guest-0285

When I get asked that I have honestly looked at them, covered up the logo and my name tag, and replied "No, I just love wandering around in a red shirt"

I have gotten some funny looks and replies cause of that, but I usually move my hand and smile, then reply "Yes, Yes I was just kidding I work here, how can I help you?"

Haven't gotten caught yet. And customers seem to find it funny.

Guest-0466

done even need to wear that shirt and i get asked question..wearing all black with a sweater on....hmm..thats a canadian tire employee......[funny thing is its always when im not working people ask me questions....and no uniform]