C

ChachihatesJoanie

Problem with Canadian tire, is that not only do the employees have to help customers they also have 30000 million other duties to do, which don't include necessarily listening to your life story about your previous angle grinder, which one your dad used, or other family members. not only that, maybe the employees arent the problem.. ever wonder if it's yourself??? probably not.. because you are a superstar when it comes to work... no slacking, always on the ball.. and your the CEO of your own company... right??? lol give your freaking head a shake.

Hey dumbass,

I don't expect to go into a discount store and be treated like a superstar. Got it? But discount store or not I AM a paying customer and it would be very appreciated if a store clerk could take 2 seconds to tell me where I can find a butane torch. It's not like asking the clerk to take an hour to explain the differences between butane and propane on the science elements chart. Is this sinking into your obnoxious little head?

One of the other posters had it right. Minimum wage or not, if you can't do your job, stop whining, stop sounding like an entitled "it's all about me" brat, and get lost!

I've done lots of crappy jobs paying minimum wage and I always put the customer first realizing I would want to be treated in the same way.

It's people with self-absorbed, egocentric attitudes like you that is sending retail down the crap-hole and creating a generation of weed-smoking bums panhandling on sidewalks and collecting (un)employment insurance.

Suck it up cry-baby or go on welfare already you entitled little suck!

C

ChachihatesJoanie

I don't know if it's true what some of the alleged CT employees are saying about their supervisors telling them NOT to engage in conversations with customers. On the one hand, it is a common marketing strategy to make customers get lost along the aisles as they will end up coming across more things and make impulse buys and ultimately spend more.

However, I do object to these 17 year old CT employees who think their job begins and ends with what their supervisors tell them to do and that they won't lift one extra finger to do anymore. That's just a crappy attitude and I work with a slew of similar minded lazy assed union bums in a government office and that's exactly why your tax dollars are drained dry...because they just want to do minimum at best. These 17 year olds here that have the gall to utter this crap will end up just like these lazy unionized government workers around me!

That kind of attitude doesn't even belong at a McDonald's.

As for the one punk who had the audacity to say that we raised this lazy generation: no we did not! Your parents raised you and they should be shot for raising such an entitled brat!

I understand that an unskilled, minimum wage job can be unrewarding if you have higher aspirations but if you cop the attitude of some of these CT employed pimple faced brats of, "If you have a question you should ask me. I should have to ask you if you need help." then you're not going to go any further than stock manager for CT. Don't follow bad examples in your career. Follow good ones. You should be using CT as an opportunity to build your customer service skills so you can move on to something better. Makes sense?

Finally, I believe CT's are independently owned franchises and some are better than others. But unfortunately the better ones are far and few between.

Guest-0484

Posted by an unregistered user
"So it's finally my turn and I'm told by the exchange counter person to meet with another CT store staff to get the socket I want from that "sacred locked glass case". It takes like 90 seconds because it's behind the exchange counter BUT now I have to wait AGAIN for the exchange person to deal with someone returning a GPS and wanting to use his CT dollars somewhere in the transaction."

Sorry you have to wait in line again after leaving to grab the exchange item, but you can always walk into the store with the item you're returning GO GRAB your new item and come to customer service to do the return. If we don't ask people to line up again we have 20 people all at once refusing to wait in line, claiming they had already spoken to someone at customer service so it's okay for them to butt the 20 other people waiting in line.
Also, just to clarify, so you're upset because the customer that the service rep is dealing with is taking long and using their CT money, and that's the customer service person's fault. Got it.

I don't agree that it's okay for floor personnel to ignore customers, however if you act as rude as you sound, it makes sense. We can't always help you RIGHT away, (sorry for the 5 minute wait :s) but the majority of floor staff do try their best. To make crazy accusations that all CT staff are 16 year old idiots, explains why you're not someone that others want to help immediately.

Angry CT Guy

"So it's finally my turn and I'm told by the exchange counter person to meet with another CT store staff to get the socket I want from that "sacred locked glass case". It takes like 90 seconds because it's behind the exchange counter BUT now I have to wait AGAIN for the exchange person to deal with someone returning a GPS and wanting to use his CT dollars somewhere in the transaction."

Sorry you have to wait in line again after leaving to grab the exchange item, but you can always walk into the store with the item you're returning GO GRAB your new item and come to customer service to do the return. If we don't ask people to line up again we have 20 people all at once refusing to wait in line, claiming they had already spoken to someone at customer service so it's okay for them to butt the 20 other people waiting in line.
Also, just to clarify, so you're upset because the customer that the service rep is dealing with is taking long and using their CT money, and that's the customer service person's fault. Got it.

I don't agree that it's okay for floor personnel to ignore customers, however if you act as rude as you sound, it makes sense. We can't always help you RIGHT away, (sorry for the 5 minute wait :s) but the majority of floor staff do try their best. To make crazy accusations that all CT staff are 16 year old idiots, explains why you're not someone that others want to help immediately.

My all time favorite was the guy that complained because he was behind someone that had 20 items and he only had two.....he asked if he could jump spots and the customer and staff member said no....he was pissed. If he gave it any thought....who do you think was the more important customer.....20 or 2?
Dumb ass.

CT Challenger

I can see why customers are unhappy about slow service.

Here we see that some CT Defender has decided that May is a good time to reply to a post from January ... of 2009, LOL!

I couldn't help but notice the customer clearly stated that the long wait was the store's fault: "there's only one person manning the exchange counter".

Somehow the Defender 'accidentally' left that part out, and instead only quoted the last part of the sentence! LOL hilarious!

And didn't that make the store look oh-so- innocent? Yeah, they keep blaming the customer for their own store's failings - excellent response to any criticism.

Oh, and this idea to go into a store, take something off a shelf, and then go directly to Customer Service & ask to return somethng? Not a very bright idea, unless you want to look like a scammer. Nice suggestion from the CT Rep - we all know how much they despise customers.

Also, this thing about, "crazy accusations that all CT staff are 16 year old idiots" - that's just one more thing the CT Rep simply made up - the original poster said no such thing.

You'd think the CT Rep could manage to write a post or two without any lies in it. But I guess you'd be wrong!

We've all been reading confessions from the owners and managers about how awful they are, and how they pretend that all the problems are due to customers.

Well, we have a solution for them: let's all continue to work at keeping customers out of your crappy stores entirely - problem solved!

And, I see that his dealer/manager is doing their part!

Good Job, CT!

Good Job!

Angry CT Guy

I can see why customers are unhappy about slow service.

Here we see that some CT Defender has decided that May is a good time to reply to a post from January ... of 2009, LOL!

I couldn't help but notice the customer clearly stated that the long wait was the store's fault: "there's only one person manning the exchange counter".

Somehow the Defender 'accidentally' left that part out, and instead only quoted the last part of the sentence! LOL hilarious!

And didn't that make the store look oh-so- innocent? Yeah, they keep blaming the customer for their own store's failings - excellent response to any criticism.

Oh, and this idea to go into a store, take something off a shelf, and then go directly to Customer Service & ask to return somethng? Not a very bright idea, unless you want to look like a scammer. Nice suggestion from the CT Rep - we all know how much they despise customers.

Also, this thing about, "crazy accusations that all CT staff are 16 year old idiots" - that's just one more thing the CT Rep simply made up - the original poster said no such thing.

You'd think the CT Rep could manage to write a post or two without any lies in it. But I guess you'd be wrong!

We've all been reading confessions from the owners and managers about how awful they are, and how they pretend that all the problems are due to customers.

Well, we have a solution for them: let's all continue to work at keeping customers out of your crappy stores entirely - problem solved!

And, I see that his dealer/manager is doing their part!

Good Job, CT!

Good Job!

Could be any one of your multiple personalities posting the ridiculous content on here. You keep using words like "we" and "all". Ummm, a little secret, only one of your personalities has the wallet. I think Canadian Tire is doing just fine. They are in the process of buying Forzani's for 771 Million, ALL CASH.
Absolutely good job CT
Great job!

CT Challenger

So sad to see the decline of the opposition.

They are just too tired to type out any new lies, let alone re-hash the old ones.

We even made it easy for you - just pick a number.

How about good old CT Lie #21? That's always popular. You could just write, "Oh, and CT Lie #21!"

We'd just use our list to see that it's, "Any customer who asks for a refund or exchange for a genuinely defective item is being lazy, demanding, dishonest, wants everything their own way, or wants something for nothing."

See how it works? That's not too tiring, is it?

Geez, you seem too lazy to even mis-quote a consumer!

Nope, all you've got the energy for now is lame insults.

So sad.

Angry CT Guy

So sad to see the decline of the opposition.

They are just too tired to type out any new lies, let alone re-hash the old ones.

We even made it easy for you - just pick a number.

How about good old CT Lie #21? That's always popular. You could just write, "Oh, and CT Lie #21!"

We'd just use our list to see that it's, "Any customer who asks for a refund or exchange for a genuinely defective item is being lazy, demanding, dishonest, wants everything their own way, or wants something for nothing."

See how it works? That's not too tiring, is it?

Geez, you seem too lazy to even mis-quote a consumer!

Nope, all you've got the energy for now is lame insults.

So sad.

What part of faker advocate don't you get. We all know you're a liar. We all know you have zero credibility.
Try getting an education and a job.

CT Challenger

C

ChachihatesJoanie

CT public relations/damage control people can post propaganda about how wonderful their stores are and that it's just a few disgruntled customers but there's a latin phrase: res ipsa loquitur...the matter speaks for itself. Just go to your local Canadian Tire and judge for yourself!

That said, I concede that some Canadian Tires are better than others. But some of the not-so-good ones are horrendous. I have one local CT where they leave ladders and industrial palette jacks blocking the aisles. I'm sure it is a Worker's Comp hazard let alone a hazard to the public.

The staff is incredibly unfriendly and you can't find a CT rep if you tried! They are hiding. They see you looking lost and run away in the other direction. This is no crap. It's the facts. It's inexcusable.

The owner of this franchise is oblivious and arrogant for having such a slum for a store and, NO, I don't go there unless it's absolutely necessary (e.g. I urgently need a part, or motor oil). But the thing is I have complained to the head office and detailed how bad the store is and they haven't done a damn thing. The store continues to be a slum which means this is a failure of Canadian Tire as a corporate franchise if they can't have their franchisees get their poop together.

So as I said, the CT damage control people can post counter arguments all they want but the proof is in the pudding...res ipsa loquitur.