Old Faithful

Also sells the same stuff as walmart and zellers and sears and not for a significantly higher price there cheif, check your shit before you open your mouth. And yes you get what you pay for! universal truth! if you are unwilling to accept that your dumber than i thought.
Look man, it's your opinion. I'm certainly not going to bite like a fish in front of a hook. It's obvious Crappy Tire has their trolls just ike anywhere else. It's your right.

As for prices...

Walmart Energizer group 31 troll and start battery: $107.99
Canadian Tire Nautilus group 31: $139.99

Dollar Store barbeque lighter, red: $1.00
same lighter at Canadian Tire: $2.99

Celestron 15x70 binoculars at Canadian Tire: $149.99
At Costco: $99.99 (+5% non-member)

As for getting your money's worth... I stand by my words... Canadian Tire prices are simply higher... Of course you can get your money's worth at Canadian Tire... When it's on sale! As for 'Regular' prices... More like 'Outrageous' to me...

Guest-0164

Posted by an unregistered user
Look man, it's your opinion. I'm certainly not going to bite like a fish in front of a hook. It's obvious Crappy Tire has their trolls just ike anywhere else. It's your right.

As for prices...

Walmart Energizer group 31 troll and start battery: $107.99
Canadian Tire Nautilus group 31: $139.99

Dollar Store barbeque lighter, red: $1.00
same lighter at Canadian Tire: $2.99

Celestron 15x70 binoculars at Canadian Tire: $149.99
At Costco: $99.99 (+5% non-member)

As for getting your money's worth... I stand by my words... Canadian Tire prices are simply higher... Of course you can get your money's worth at Canadian Tire... When it's on sale! As for 'Regular' prices... More like 'Outrageous' to me...

First off i can find things at ct that are regular price and cheaper than other stores. Not everything is going to be cheaper and not everything is going to be more expensive. Second as for the examples Walmart is a significantly bigger chain and has more buying power and can therefore get things cheaper. Although that said after browsing the walmart site for less than a minute i found a tent, a coleman camp chair and (an equivelent) eliptical that ct sells for cheaper. Some things more money something less like every other store out there, walmart batteries are cheaper becasue they have a deal with energizer. Energizer sells batteries to walmart all over North America not just Canada. As for your lighter CT does sell a $1 bbq lighter and as for comparing to costco? Its a whole sale store you cant compare to them. And I have never heard of this +5% for non member, all the costco's i have ever been to you cant shop there at all unless you have a membership.

Guest-0164

Costco is a chain and all stores follow the same rules. The only way for a non-member to shop at Costco is to have a preloaded Costco cash card. If they do the customer can freely shop at Costco without any +5%, the catch is someone with a membership has to load the card since you need a membership to purchase the card. There is no such thing as a +5% non member charge. If you are planning to come up with examples of prices to support your arguments it is a good idea to not pull them out of your ass. I guess Costco has trolls too.... after all it is your right.

Guest-0521

I had a similar experience this month with a Simoniz S2900 Gas Powered Pressure Washer. I purchased the product based on a handful of positive reviews from the Canadian Tire website. Unfortunately soon after I purchased the unit, I assembled it and to my disappointment the pressure washer produced no pressure. I returned the product for a replacement only to be explained I had to deal with Simoniz Technical Support directly. Simoniz will not accept returned products from retailers. I called Simoniz for trouble shooting and the extent of the support amounted to if I had checked the hose for a kink - that was it. I was instructed to bring the washer into repair (a brand new machine, straight from the box and into repair). When I brought the pressure washer into repair (a fair drive and with some inconvenience) I was explained by the contactor that this was a common problem with Simoniz Pressure washers ie., no QC. I wrote a fair description to alert other possible purchasers of this product based on my experience and needless to say it was not posted in the reviews of this product on the Canadian Tire website. I should mention that I have written positive reviews in the past of other products purchased from Canadian Tire such as the Yardworks 14” reel mower and a Brevetti deep fryer, both of which were posted however I was surprised they chose not to post the one I had written for the Simoniz S2900, especially since the cost of this product was far greater than the other items. I believe customers should be alerted to products that may have issues concerning QC. In the future I will likely purchase mechanical equipment from the Home Depot since they don’t carry brands that have such return policies as Simoniz, but sadly for Canadian Tire, I don’t understand why they would not post an alert on this product since it was no fault of their own ?

CT Challenger

Sorry to hear that you found out about this too late to avoid the trap. The most popular thread a user has started on this site is here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/personal-stories/68-simoniz-scam-4.html

You'll see you are far from alone in falling victim to this trick.

Actually, you shouldn't entirely blame Simonz. CT has made similar deal with other manufacturers, where the store agrees not to give customes refunds of even exchanges on product, even if they are defect right out of the box. CT has laid this trap with many products and manufacturers. Check out this thread for more info: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...pair-only-warranty-no-refund-no-exchange.html

You can also read there about the vastly superior return policies of the other major Canadian retailers.

Actually, there are a lot of CT products that have no warranty at all - no refund, no exchanges, not even a repair. You can read about them here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...warranty-no-refund-no-exchange-no-repair.html

Luckily for consumers, many provinces and territories have Sales of Goods Acts and Consumer Protection legislation that says the store must give customers a refund, or at least an exchange (if the customer prefers). You can read more here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/general-canadian-tire-complaints-chat/707-sale-goods-act.html

As consumers, we need to do a better job of warning one-another of just how crappy a store crappy tire is. Even one cheated customer, is one too many!

Angry CT Guy

Sorry to hear that you found out about this too late to avoid the trap. The most popular thread a user has started on this site is here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/personal-stories/68-simoniz-scam-4.html

You'll see you are far from alone in falling victim to this trick.

Actually, you shouldn't entirely blame Simonz. CT has made similar deal with other manufacturers, where the store agrees not to give customes refunds of even exchanges on product, even if they are defect right out of the box. CT has laid this trap with many products and manufacturers. Check out this thread for more info: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...pair-only-warranty-no-refund-no-exchange.html

You can also read there about the vastly superior return policies of the other major Canadian retailers.

Actually, there are a lot of CT products that have no warranty at all - no refund, no exchanges, not even a repair. You can read about them here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...warranty-no-refund-no-exchange-no-repair.html

Luckily for consumers, many provinces and territories have Sales of Goods Acts and Consumer Protection legislation that says the store must give customers a refund, or at least an exchange (if the customer prefers). You can read more here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/general-canadian-tire-complaints-chat/707-sale-goods-act.html

As consumers, we need to do a better job of warning one-another of just how crappy a store crappy tire is. Even one cheated customer, is one too many!

LMAO....better call Jesse Ventura....it's a biggggg conspiracy....lol.

CT Challenger

What is QC? And did they replace the unit?

QC stand for Qualilty Control, which means basically ensuring that the item works before it is shipped.

CT staff have written many times that stores get credited for the refunds or exchanges they give out for defective items, but that the units are often destroyed by the store, because it costs too much to ship them back to the manufacturer & and refurbish them. This is an expensive way to deal with the manufacturer's mistakes.

With a 'repair only' item, the manufacturer knows that they will not have to give credit for defective items that end up in the store's dumpster. Instead, they only have to pay a repair center to correct their mistakes. This is cheaper for the manufacturer, compared to the store destroying the item, so they can offer the item for less under a 'repair only' agreement.

The manufacturer has less incentive to do any quality control, because the customer will do it for them, and they'll still save money.

The customer pays less, but has to do the QC themselves, and go through the hassle of getting defective products repaired.

It's better for consumers if they buy from any other major canadian retailer, who won't put consumers through this.

Besides, it's against the Sale of Goods Act and the Consumer Protection Act.

And some say, "against the law, is illegal".