Old Faithful

Well, this is my first post here and as I did not find any reference to the canadiantire.ca website and its so called user reviews, I thought I'd chime in...

This is based on my actual experience, but I will spare you the details. You can always respond if you want to learn more.

In a few words, I strongly advise anyone looking for reviews on any Canadian Tire product to NOT trust what they read on the canadiantire.ca website! Why? because the user reviews are censored!

Just take a good look at any reviews on products, and tell me if you find any critical factual reporting... You got that right: if it's negative, you won't see it there! I can hear you say ;'but there are some negatives...' Sure there are! But look closely, they only publish those negative reviews that suggest the problem with the product is caused by the user... Reviews that show an actual flaw with the product line (instead of simply an isolated case) are NEVER published!

Why? because factual information is the enemy of any marketer who has a sales quota to fill and a stock of junk to liquidate from a warehouse!

Now, I don't object to the marketer's job, but I do strongly object at using false pretenses to promote a product, especially, willfully misleading prospective consumers. And I name the guilty party: the canadiantire.ca censors, who, under false political correctness pretenses, lie to the public, presenting biased information under the label or 'user reviews'.

So, next time you read a product review on canadiantire.ca, remember that what you read is what they want you to read.

guiver

? i would really like you to find any company out there that would allow negative feed back on there own website. Ever dealt with apple? Now there is a truly evil company, they intentionally sell untested and faulty product because it is cheaper and more effective and faster than actual product testing. Why spend money on product testing when millions of people can do it for you.

Guest-0110

Posted by an unregistered user
? i would really like you to find any company out there that would allow negative feed back on there own website. Ever dealt with apple? Now there is a truly evil company, they intentionally sell untested and faulty product because it is cheaper and more effective and faster than actual product testing. Why spend money on product testing when millions of people can do it for you.

This isn't an "Apple sucks" forum, idiot. Don't try to deflect from Canadian Tire's crap by telling us about Apple.

guiver

wow... i was simply stating a fact and making a comparison. Interesting how you found it necessary to directly insult me. hrm... let me take a stab at it... you are a pathetic piece of miserable shit you good for nothing fucktard

Old Faithful

guiver, although I understand your frustrations (believe me, I do, and I also understand your cynicism 100%!), don't sweat it too much, such is the nature of internet postings. You probably would have avoided all this if you hadn't made a reference to another company (Although it can strike others as off-topic, as you found out, as a matter of fact I agree with you completely about Apple).

In any case, I was simply trying to make a point concerning how canadiantire.ca (and probably other sites as well, as you quite pertinently pointed out) DISHONESTLY MANIPULATES PUBLIC OPINION using some user opinions and presenting them in such a way as to make it appear it represents reality when in fact IT ONLY REPRESENTS THE REALITY THEY WISH TO PRESENT TO THE PUBLIC.

Although I fully understand your point that is should be obvious, it certainly isn't so to most people (I have had feedback to that effect in other internet postings I made), and I still believe this is a valid denunciation of abuse by Canadian Tire, that canadiatire.ca LIES TO THE PUBLIC.

There is a term for that: FALSE PUBLICITY, and it is ACTIONABLE. I Just wanted to add this clarification.

Guest-0110

wow... i was simply stating a fact and making a comparison. Interesting how you found it necessary to directly insult me. hrm... let me take a stab at it... you are a pathetic piece of miserable shit you good for nothing fucktard

Anyone who uses the term "fucktard" is a RETARD.
Just to enlighten you, if you ever called me that to my face, you'd look like a jack o'lantern when I was through with you.

guiver

Um... you check again asshole. I didn't insult and i do believe i had a valid point. This is how debates work. You (in true dipshit inbred style) simple insulted me.... Then you threatned me!

Old Faithful

? i would really like you to find any company out there that would allow negative feed back on there own website.
There are websites that are much more democratic than others. Those at canadiantire.ca are truly at the bottom of the pit. Check epinions, amazon, newegg, etc. They do not censor REVIEWS, they only censor LANGUAGE (even then, they don't censor much).

On the other hand, canadiantire.ca has decided that it must enforce a policy of political correctness so as not to appear to 'offend' the companies they buy products from. I am not inventing this... I have 4 in-depth reviews about the Deluxe car Shelter (warning about its lack of bracing, its fundamental design flaw), the Bushmaster Spotting Scope (three units I tried exhibited the exact same severe coma aberration, an obvious design or production run flaw), the Celestron 15x70 binoculars (and excellent, sharp pair of binoculars that otherwise suffers from chromatic fringing off axis and is grossly overpriced at Canadian Tire's regular price) and the Maximum Universal Socket Set (with severely undersized handles pointing out it's designed for very light use only)...

These types of reviews would NEVER be pulled from a site like Amazon or Newegg, even less likely from Epinions...

I'll gladly send these reviews to anyone who is interested, along with the emails I got from the website censors to explain their decisions!!!

Guest-0164

There are websites that are much more democratic than others. Those at canadiantire.ca are truly at the bottom of the pit. Check epinions, amazon, newegg, etc. They do not censor REVIEWS, they only censor LANGUAGE (even then, they don't censor much).

On the other hand, canadiantire.ca has decided that it must enforce a policy of political correctness so as not to appear to 'offend' the companies they buy products from. I am not inventing this... I have 4 in-depth reviews about the Deluxe car Shelter (warning about its lack of bracing, its fundamental design flaw), the Bushmaster Spotting Scope (three units I tried exhibited the exact same severe coma aberration, an obvious design or production run flaw), the Celestron 15x70 binoculars (and excellent, sharp pair of binoculars that otherwise suffers from chromatic fringing off axis and is grossly overpriced at Canadian Tire's regular price) and the Maximum Universal Socket Set (with severely undersized handles pointing out it's designed for very light use only)...

These types of reviews would NEVER be pulled from a site like Amazon or Newegg, even less likely from Epinions...

I'll gladly send these reviews to anyone who is interested, along with the emails I got from the website censors to explain their decisions!!!

While i partailly agree with your opinion... i must point out that none of those sites you listed are true retailers and do not support a fair comparrison

Old Faithful

What difference does it make between brick and mortar and web only stores? How is that 'unfair'?

In any case that's beside the point... The problem is misleading the buying public and this dishonesty rests squarely on the shoulder of the website censors, who are MANIPULATING public opinion by presenting so-called 'reviews' which in reality are nothing more than carefully spun snake oil of the type we have learned to dismiss from infomercials.

Guest-0110

Um... you check again asshole. I didn't insult and i do believe i had a valid point. This is how debates work. You (in true dipshit inbred style) simple insulted me.... Then you threatned me!

Keep coming back for more, good moron. I'm serving up a banquet...all you can eat! Tell me something. In the New Brunswick backwater from which you originate, do they have a second person who can actually read? I'm not saying that your writing is even close to correct English, but it's quite an accomplishment, considering your heritage.

Old Faithful

Censorship now on user review voting as well!!!

Update:

Since I attempted to post my reviews on canadiantire.ca guess what happened...

NOW THEY EVEN CENSOR VOTES ON REVIEWS!!!

This company is really getting on my nerves. Their arrogance is unbelievable! Have they been hiring former Bell Canada managers? Sure looks like it by how they treat customers!
:mad:

B

Burgerboy

I know what you mean. I posted reviews on the absolute piece of junk reflex wipers and the absolute piece of junk Mosquito Mega catch Ultra and suprise suprise, neither review was posted.

Alot of electronics retailers allow objective reviews on their websites (Tigerdirect, NCIX) but Canadian Tire's reviews are definitely biased and not worth the time to view.

I've noticed how alot of items now say "Imported by Canadian Tire" instead of printing that the crap is actually all made in China.

Oh well, you get whay you pay for. I took the reflex wipers, bent the crap out of them, made a sign indicating what absolute garbage they are, and brought them back into the store and quietly put them on the shelf to warn off other potential buyers. I did enjoy that :)

I think that from now on, I will have to get in the habit of taking any Chinese crap that breaks within 1 month of buying setting it up at their door in pieces with a sign indicating what a piece of junk it is.

Old Faithful

I know what you mean. I posted reviews on the absolute piece of junk reflex wipers and the absolute piece of junk Mosquito Mega catch Ultra and suprise suprise, neither review was posted.

Alot of electronics retailers allow objective reviews on their websites (Tigerdirect, NCIX) but Canadian Tire's reviews are definitely biased and not worth the time to view.

I've noticed how alot of items now say "Imported by Canadian Tire" instead of printing that the crap is actually all made in China.

Oh well, you get whay you pay for. I took the reflex wipers, bent the crap out of them, made a sign indicating what absolute garbage they are, and brought them back into the store and quietly put them on the shelf to warn off other potential buyers. I did enjoy that :)

I think that from now on, I will have to get in the habit of taking any Chinese crap that breaks within 1 month of buying setting it up at their door in pieces with a sign indicating what a piece of junk it is.

Although I underrstand EXACTLY how you feel, I would like to stress that the blame does not rest on the Chinese for building crap, but with Canadian Tire's buyers for specifying crap from these manufacturers in the first place, to maximize their profits. Just look carefully at any high end electronic device these days... That's right, it's made in China...

Remember, Canadian Tire didn't become the super profitable chain it is now by accident. And they didn't get their name "Crappy Tire" by accident either.

Guest-0205

Although I underrstand EXACTLY how you feel, I would like to stress that the blame does not rest on the Chinese for building crap, but with Canadian Tire's buyers for specifying crap from these manufacturers in the first place, to maximize their profits. Just look carefully at any high end electronic device these days... That's right, it's made in China...

Remember, Canadian Tire didn't become the super profitable chain it is now by accident. And they didn't get their name "Crappy Tire" by accident either.

But why stop the blame there!!! Lets blame the consumer for wanting a cheap alternative, and then lets blame dollar stores for selling cheap stuff and supporting this scam. :0 and then lets blame zellars too they sell half the same stuff!!! those bastards. Oh shit and we got to get rid of Sears dammit it!!! After all Mastercraft is made by the people who do Craftsman and Mastercraft maxiumum is the same as sears professional. And lets not forget exide they supply over half the batties in north america but we better just single out CT for using them. .......... need i go on? You get what you pay for, when you buy something that is obviously cheap you get something that is cheap. CT sells cheap stuff and good stuff like anyother place. If you buy jobmate tools and siminonize pressure washers instead of Maximum and Briggs and Straton guess what.... its not going to last. All the big stores have a range of quality and all the stores use buying power to increase there profit margin. Futureshop (or best buy) is one of the worst for this most of there accessories are OVER %80 markup. Thats called buying power and it still comes from china!!!!!

Old Faithful

But why stop the blame there!!! Lets blame the consumer for wanting a cheap alternative, and then lets blame dollar stores for selling cheap stuff and supporting this scam. :0 and then lets blame zellars too they sell half the same stuff!!! those bastards. Oh shit and we got to get rid of Sears dammit it!!! After all Mastercraft is made by the people who do Craftsman and Mastercraft maxiumum is the same as sears professional. And lets not forget exide they supply over half the batties in north america but we better just single out CT for using them. .......... need i go on? You get what you pay for, when you buy something that is obviously cheap you get something that is cheap.
"You get what you pay for"? Don't make me laugh with this BS... Go ahead and compare... Crappy Tire sells the same junk as the dollar stores... And charges a premium for it... We all know Exide and Johnson Controls manufacture all car batteries... Yet Crappy Tire sells them for significantly more money than Walmart... And they sell the low end chinese convenience stuff for twice as much as the dollar stores do...

"You get what you pay for"... What a mind job!
CT sells cheap stuff and good stuff like anyother place. If you buy jobmate tools and siminonize pressure washers instead of Maximum and Briggs and Straton guess what.... its not going to last.

Yeah, sure... Briggs and Stratton, Quality? I must be dreaming! Yep, let's blame the consumer for being so gullible and so well trained by the marketers... Brother!

Guest-0205

"You get what you pay for"? Don't make me laugh with this BS... Go ahead and compare... Crappy Tire sells the same junk as the dollar stores... And charges a premium for it... We all know Exide and Johnson Controls manufacture all car batteries... Yet Crappy Tire sells them for significantly more money than Walmart... And they sell the low end chinese convenience stuff for twice as much as the dollar stores do...

"You get what you pay for"... What a mind job!

Yeah, sure... Briggs and Stratton, Quality? I must be dreaming! Yep, let's blame the consumer for being so gullible and so well trained by the marketers... Brother!

Also sells the same stuff as walmart and zellers and sears and not for a significantly higher price there cheif, check your shit before you open your mouth. And yes you get what you pay for! universal truth! if you are unwilling to accept that your dumber than i thought.