Owner 1

I forgot the letter c in a word and suddenly i'm enraged and can't type? LOL you're great, really you are.
Unfortunately for you, nothing on this site has ever enraged me. I know my business. I know what my customers say. I know what my team believes. Canadian Tire is a destination shop for Canadians every day, coast to coast. They have dozens of options in those cities and towns, and they CHOOSE Canadian Tire.
Believe your surveys, believe what you read and type on here.... no impact to how I choose to operate every day. We aren't perfect, but we provide what consumers want at prices they want every single day. As a result, many of us have been fortunate to earn the wonderful lifestyle that most people dream of. We are the 1%, we are here to provide products and services to the 99%. We do a good job of it too

There is no way for me to post the evidence here. You want the proof, pony up like a man. drive to canadian tire, look at the tire wall, each tire has a country of origin moulded into the sidewall.
If you choose not to do so, this is a dead issue as you're just sitting behind a computer barking, without the desire to actually investigate the claims you make, or the claims from others that you support.

Again with your battery LOL you're defeated on this. The top retailers were shown, and nobody had a 120 month battery. If you can find evidence to the contrary, let er rip.
If not, as usual you're just barking through a keyboard, when you have no information or experience to show.

CTH8R

I forgot the letter c in a word

Ha-ha! Not only is ACLO angry, but they can't even recognize all the errors they make during their outbursts! Pretty poor performance for someone who allegedly owns a Crappy Tire store, is a practicing Consumer Law lawyer, and is a statistician. This is SO FUNNY!

Interesting how they want to brag about their crappy store! Gee, isn't that the one Canadians gave a grade of "F"? "LOL Hilarious"!

There is no way for me to post the evidence here.

Really? Why is that? Because you don't actually have any? Because you just made it all up? Because it would show you are a liar?

I mean, with all your 'mad' skills in SO many areas, why can't you just post the proof you keep SAYING you have? Huh??? LMAO!

You want the proof, pony up like a man. drive to canadian tire, look at the tire wall, each tire has a country of origin moulded into the sidewall.

Gee, does Crappy Tire sell TIME MACHINES now? Because you started this argument, and it's about who made Crappy Tires TWO YEARS AGO!

Try to keep up, Angry/CT-Me/Lawguy/Owner/Statistician!

ROFLMAO!

Again with your battery LOL you're defeated on this. The top retailers were shown, and nobody had a 120 month battery.

Backslide Alert! Backslide Alert!

It used to be claimed that Crappy Tire had "the best warranty in the business", meaning better in every aspect, and better than every single battery retailer in all of Canada. It was claimed that ACLO+S had evidence for this, too .... but mysteriously failed to post it.

Then it got downgraded to just "the longest warranty in the business" among every single Canadian Retailer .... but still no evidence (just a couple of links to stores that sell batteries - no details, no comparison at all! And far from EVERY RETAILER!

And now, we have an even more sharp cut-back: "to MAJOR retailers".

Pretty soon it'll be "the longest warranty for batteries over $100 among major retailer who also sell steak knives, have the initials 'CT' and are kept alive by buying up sporting goods stores".

Nice going, ACLO! I'm, like, SO TOTALLY convinced!

LMAO!

CTH8R

"MAJOR retailers".

Whoops!

That shudda been "TOP retailers".

Wouldn't want old' ACLO to fly into another rage, LOL!

They'll be needin' all their fury for denyin' legitimate refunds on oil filters 'n tires, come Monday mornin'!

mikie

Owner 1

"Every other MM tire is manufactured by GoodYear in the USA for Canadian Tire."

Are you REALLY sure?? Good Year is in Napanee Ontario and make all kinds of tires for all markets.

mikie

A decade ago, a battery's free-replacement period was as little as 3 months, and the prorated period (which allows only partial reimbursement) might have been just 50 months. Today, a 36-month free-replacement period is typical, and the prorated period can stretch to 108 months.

But even with today's longer warranties, it's still important to choose a battery with the longest free-replacement period you can get.

A battery warranty code of 24/84, for instance, indicates a free-replacement period of 24 months and a prorated warranty of 84 months. But the amount you'll be reimbursed usually drops off pretty quickly once you're into the prorated period.

For example, the Duralast Gold 34DT-DLG carries a 96-month prorated battery warranty. Using the formula listed on the manufacturer's Web site, this means that after four years, or half the warranty period, you would be credited with $40 of the $80 original price if the battery failed. After five years, you would get back $30.

Signs of neglect, such as low-water levels and improper installation, can void a warranty. So can use in heavy-duty applications such as high-end car audio and marine use if the battery is not recommended for them.

mikie

I know my business. I know what my customers say. I know what my team believes. Canadian Tire is a destination shop for Canadians every day, coast to coast. They have dozens of options in those cities and towns, and they CHOOSE Canadian Tire.

Boy are you brain washed. CTC is pissing off more people on a daily basis than any other company in Canada.

Poor policies, poor quality products, poorly trained staff, ignorant/arrogant staff, lousy prices for your products.

My only hope is that people in this country wake up finally and discover the other stores that offer similar products of better quality at better prices.

From my own experience I can acquire better car parts from Carquest for less than CTC. (like oil filters made by WIX) Home Depot has better tools and they actually stand behind their warranty as does Princes Auto. CTC sure doesn't.

CTC is now MY LAST choice for anything. BUT Barnum was indeed correct: "a sucker born every minute" and CTC manages to find them all. You must be so proud.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Boy are you brain washed.

Nah, more like they are an old fashioned bs'er.

If they were brainwashed, they'd actually believe the crap they are spewing.

Pretty sure they know how badly they suck, but they want potential customers to think maybe they suck less than that.

Yeah, it's greed, not ignorance.