Guest-0042

Posted by an unregistered user
I purchased a stepping stool before Christmas for $20. Ridiculously high price but I knew it would be perfect for my elderly parent. Within 1 month the same stool was on sale for $4.99. My parent had not used her stool yet, it still had the original stickers on it. I had the original bill and Canadian Tire money. On the back of the bill it says returns are allowed within 90 days with original bill and in original condition. However, when I went to the store to return the item, as I could now get 4 for the price of one, I was told that the return policy was 14 days and that my purchase was longer than that. No arguing with the the clerk got me anywhere. I emailed Canadian Tire for an explanation but received no confirmation of my email or a response. THEY SUCK!

rudesalespeople

I bought table umbrella. The wind broke it off at the table top, bent/broke tin right in two. It was first time I used it. The manager agreed the material was crap, but refused return because it was an act of "God" and there was nothing they could do about the crappy material!!!!:realmad:

Guest-0082

Easy returns: Save your receipt
To return an item for exchange or refund, bring it to any Canadian Tire store within 90 days, in its original condition and packaging, with your receipt and issue of Canadian Tire “Money”®. Your name, residence address and phone number will be required. That information is collected, used and retained to help prevent fraud, and may only be disclosed within Canadian Tire. Valid photo ID may be required to confirm this information. Details at our Customer Service Desk. Some exceptions may apply.
Exceptions include:
- Items limited to return within 30 days: all electronics
- Items which may only be returned if they are unopened: ink cartridges, media, and memory cards

Gift Cards purchases are final
Gift Cards are not returnable and non-refundable.

Shipping charges are non-refundable
We will gladly refund your original shipping cost if you are returning a Gift Card because of an error on our part

That's straight off the CT website, I'd print that off and give it to the cashier lol.

RogerRZ

And you don't even need to bring in the original stool. Just buy a new one, and return it with your old reciept. In the past, they wanted to play the game (screw the guy out of his right to return stuff), and I played it...

Guest-0140

To get your difference back, it's actually a fourteen day OVERCHARGE policy that has nothing to do with the RETURN policy. Just don't mention to the c/s rep that you want to buy more, and go through a register to buy them at the discounted price. I let customers do this all the time because Frankley, if I buy something and don't use it yet and it's on sale, I get mad too.

CT_MANAGER

PRICE ADJUSTMENTS are NOT a policy of any canadian tire. You will likely not see this printed anywhere on the ctc website nor on any ctc receipts. Price Adjustments are a COURTESTY to customers and is at the stores (dealers) descresion as to IF and how long to allow it.

guiver

despite what people might think retail stores are around to make money. there is a 14 day price protection if its past 14 day why do you retards think that you are owed that money. Canadian tire (like every store has some bad employees) how ever canadian tire hands down has the dumbest customers around

Guest-0110

canadian tire hands down has the dumbest customers around

Yes, I'll agree that anyone who would frequent this establishment with their shitty attitudes and fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants return policies, is pretty dumb.
In fact, Canadian Tire should use that phrase as their new motto.

Guest-0169

Easy returns: Save your receipt
To return an item for exchange or refund, bring it to any Canadian Tire store within 90 days, in its original condition and packaging, with your receipt and issue of Canadian Tire “Money”®. Your name, residence address and phone number will be required. That information is collected, used and retained to help prevent fraud, and may only be disclosed within Canadian Tire. Valid photo ID may be required to confirm this information. Details at our Customer Service Desk. Some exceptions may apply.
Exceptions include:
- Items limited to return within 30 days: all electronics
- Items which may only be returned if they are unopened: ink cartridges, media, and memory cards

Gift Cards purchases are final
Gift Cards are not returnable and non-refundable.

Shipping charges are non-refundable
We will gladly refund your original shipping cost if you are returning a Gift Card because of an error on our part

That's straight off the CT website, I'd print that off and give it to the cashier lol.

Unfortunately I think what many of us are discovering is that they inform you of additional policies specific to your product/type of product/condition of your product at the time of attempted return. They do not share these policies with you ahead of time. We were armed with the above standard policy last night and we argued with the staff till we were blue in the face. We realized the sticking point for our particular product, ensured we described the situation differently to another location, and got our refund. Surprise! Never dealing with CT again.

CT_MANAGER

Unfortunately I think what many of us are discovering is that they inform you of additional policies specific to your product/type of product/condition of your product at the time of attempted return. They do not share these policies with you ahead of time. We were armed with the above standard policy last night and we argued with the staff till we were blue in the face. We realized the sticking point for our particular product, ensured we described the situation differently to another location, and got our refund. Surprise! Never dealing with CT again.

There are multiple large red and white signs (usually above the cashier tills) that say "Easy returns: Save your receipt. Some exceptions may apply. Details at Customer Service Desk."

Very rare will you find a store that will list ever exception for a return. That is why there is customer service for information such as this. This is no different than any other store.

Employee649

I have never heard of a dealer allow his managers free reign of product of any size. If my Dealer knew that a co worker was using glases and silicone on his boots they would be charged and thrown out the door.
What does anyone think of agressive co workers?

Employee649

I purchased a stepping stool before Christmas for $20. Ridiculously high price but I knew it would be perfect for my elderly parent. Within 1 month the same stool was on sale for $4.99. My parent had not used her stool yet, it still had the original stickers on it. I had the original bill and Canadian Tire money. On the back of the bill it says returns are allowed within 90 days with original bill and in original condition. However, when I went to the store to return the item, as I could now get 4 for the price of one, I was told that the return policy was 14 days and that my purchase was longer than that. No arguing with the the clerk got me anywhere. I emailed Canadian Tire for an explanation but received no confirmation of my email or a response. THEY SUCK!

You need to call the complaint department. Someone was 2yrs out of warranty for a starter. They got a 50 card toward a new one. How nice is that...???

CT Challenger

I have never heard of a dealer allow his managers free reign of product of any size. If my Dealer knew that a co worker was using glases and silicone on his boots they would be charged and thrown out the door.
What does anyone think of agressive co workers?

Not sure what the above gibberish is supposed to mean. I guess you have to be a CTer to comprehend this nonsense.