How can I hold Canadian Tire responsible for almost killing my family?

Guest-0194

Posted by an unregistered user
Had a tire change at CT. Family driving on highway. Wheel falls off. Police notice there are not lugnuts on the wheel! Only plausible explanation: mechanic at CT forgot to put the lugnuts on the wheel. Called CT: they are denying it. Wtf do I do? (Family is alright)

Guest-0199

You can't is the simple answer.

How many km since the vehicle was serviced? If I has been more than 100km, they should have told you (the don't usually, but should) to recheck the torque on the wheel nuts after 100km. Depending on wheel, climate and condition of wheel nuts/studs, they can backoff within the first little bit.

Wheels about to fall off generally make quite a racket before they fail completely. Did you not notice any symptoms?

Based on Canadian law, unless anyone was actually physically injured, you cannot go after anyone for damages. You are fully within your rights to attempt to recover costs for the damages to the vehicle as a result of the accident. A court of law will decide who is responsibility and I. What capacity you will be compensated.

I am sorry to hear that you and your family were put in Harms way.

Guest-0196

Had a tire change at CT. Family driving on highway. Wheel falls off. Police notice there are not lugnuts on the wheel! Only plausible explanation: mechanic at CT forgot to put the lugnuts on the wheel. Called CT: they are denying it. Wtf do I do? (Family is alright)

The first thing you need to do is not solicit legal advice from anyone here. How do you know if you're getting the right answer? I doubt any lawyers frequent this site and, if any did, I don't think they'd dole out free advice.
Be careful of whose advice you consider here. It may not be in your best interests.

Guest-0164

The first thing you need to do is not solicit legal advice from anyone here. How do you know if you're getting the right answer? I doubt any lawyers frequent this site and, if any did, I don't think they'd dole out free advice.
Be careful of whose advice you consider here. It may not be in your best interests.

If you are in earnest with your story and were really looking for legal grounds against CT you would be consulting a lawer and not people here.

Guest-0148

Give me a break,

A wheel can NOT stay on with out lug nuts, not unless your vehicle is in alternate universe of some type, If the lug nut were left loose they would be noisy and cause a lot of damage to the studs!

No I do not work for Canadian Tire, but I am a Tech at a Dealership. I get sick of clowns spouting off about stuff they nothing about! Keep you mouth shut and left peole think you are a fool because when you open it, you remove a doubt !