Doug

:realmad:I bought a snowblower from Canadian Tire. I was satisfied with the price. They were very helpful in regards to loading it in my truck. They even supplied the oil for the motor. I got the blower home which is 1 1/2 hour drive. I added the recommended amount of oil, filled it with gas. Started the motor and let it warm up and the motor started running really rough and something broke inside the motor. I never even got to blow any snow. I drove all the way back to Canadian Tire the next day. They said take it down to the local repair shop that they work with. Nothing was ever talked about as far as this problem goes. They would not even consider giving me another blower. I am quite familiar equipment to maintain the yard. It appears the float stuck inside the carburator and filled the crankcase full of gas and buggered the motor. Canadian Tire says I have to get it examined by a small engine place then report back to them. No guarantee I going to get much action out of Canadian Tire. They are trying to turn the story arround and make it look like my fault. Guess you get what you pay for!!!

RogerRZ

He probably googled "canadian tire sucks" after getting the shaft there, and ended up here. For all we know, he might be like me and never darken their door again...

Guest-0164

Posted by an unregistered user
He probably googled "canadian tire sucks" after getting the shaft there, and ended up here. For all we know, he might be like me and never darken their door again...

if you will never drarken there door steps again why are you still obsessing about them?

RogerRZ

No good deed goes unpunished. 3/11 rule. A happy customer tells 3 people, an unhappy one tells 11. I'm quite mouthy, so when I'm happy, I tell way more than 3 people. When I'm unhappy...

M

mckinnond

Hey you guys don't have to fight. I did not know about the forum till after I had this problem at Canadian Tire. I am not a happy camper but not going to stress out over it forever. Crap happens and the next time no matter where I shop I will try to be more careful. I am getting it fixed though warranty after talking directly to the company where I bought it from. They are going to help me out fortunatly. It is going to take some time. Maybe all the snow will be melted by that time. Crap happens, other box stores are just as bad. I am just glad it is not going to cost me the repair bill to get it replaced.

Guest-0164

Hey you guys don't have to fight. I did not know about the forum till after I had this problem at Canadian Tire. I am not a happy camper but not going to stress out over it forever. Crap happens and the next time no matter where I shop I will try to be more careful. I am getting it fixed though warranty after talking directly to the company where I bought it from. They are going to help me out fortunatly. It is going to take some time. Maybe all the snow will be melted by that time. Crap happens, other box stores are just as bad. I am just glad it is not going to cost me the repair bill to get it replaced.

I wish more customers had your pleasant and reasonable outlook. How ever CT should have dealt with it onsite, if you had used the item for a while that is one thing, but if it broke on the first you CT will relpace it then and there. Any item that requires you to fill with fuel or even use before you know it works (like a vacuum for example) CT will exchange within 7 days. If there were some reason you couldn't get back to the store within 7 days a store can still do a code 50 (customer satisfaction claim were the store can basically do anything and both you and the store get your money back) and reslove the issue then and there.

Guest-0164

No good deed goes unpunished. 3/11 rule. A happy customer tells 3 people, an unhappy one tells 11. I'm quite mouthy, so when I'm happy, I tell way more than 3 people. When I'm unhappy...

It's true you are mouthy... although i doubt anyone listens to what you have to say.

Guest-0219

He does have a point. It's hard to take a person who can't or won't be bothered to write a properly constructed and spelled sentence. It reads like most underpaid, untrained CT employees act, which results in websites like this.

Guest-0205

He does have a point. It's hard to take a person who can't or won't be bothered to write a properly constructed and spelled sentence. It reads like most underpaid, untrained CT employees act, which results in websites like this.

where bitchy people who are too stupid to handle shopping come to pat eachother on the back,