Anybody familiar with the tire warranty?

Guest-0214

Posted by an unregistered user
Good friend of mine rubbed a curb, took out the sidewall of a motomaster tire. The tire warranty was purchased, but can a receipt be found? Not a chance. I'm wondering, if the same new tire is purchased, can the old one be taken back on the new one's warranty? Do they record a serial number of the tire on the receipt? Do tires even have a serial number?

Guest-0205

Good friend of mine rubbed a curb, took out the sidewall of a motomaster tire. The tire warranty was purchased, but can a receipt be found? Not a chance. I'm wondering, if the same new tire is purchased, can the old one be taken back on the new one's warranty? Do they record a serial number of the tire on the receipt? Do tires even have a serial number?

Before i start i am honestly trying to help not argue. Now, that said what you are suggesting is fraud and is illegal (again not looking for a fight thats just the way the world works), and yes there are serial numbers recorded. However did your friend have the tires installed or did he just purchase them. I assume he had them installed since he purchased the warranty, he does not need a receipt if he goes to the same store that installed them. If he goes to another CT he would need a receipt becasue there computer systems are not linked. Now if he goes back to the same CT they will keep all there records for atleast 7 years. A copy of the work order with the tire warranty and serial number (including the extended warranty) will be in there system. It can be looked up by either licence plate or phone number (usually phone number) just make sure he gives them the phone number he had at the time of purchase :S. If phone numbers have changed and the correct one can not be figured out they can still search by licence plate. Personally i have never had a problem or even bothered asking for a receipt for a tire warranty cause the computer is easier anyway. If your friend has any further problems after trying this post again with the outcome and i will be happy to give my suggestion.

oh and by the way if he does end up having to go to another store they could call the original store and have a copy of the work order faxed over.

Guest-0217

You're right, this is fraud, and it is illegal. Truth be told, it will be her problem, not mine. I know that sounds callous, but that's the truth. She went to the store that installed them, (2 years ago) and they told her the same story. No receipt, no warranty. They refused to look for an original invoice by either phone number or license plate number.

Guest-0164

You're right, this is fraud, and it is illegal. Truth be told, it will be her problem, not mine. I know that sounds callous, but that's the truth. She went to the store that installed them, (2 years ago) and they told her the same story. No receipt, no warranty. They refused to look for an original invoice by either phone number or license plate number.

Wow they refused!!! Thats terrible it sooo simply, my store never asks. Sorry to hear about the hassle i would call the corp and complain becasue thats not right. There are unfortunatly some bad stores and bad employees out there, wish you the best