Guest-0276

Posted by an unregistered user
You think I'm lying because my family owns more than one store? Gimme a break. What are you ? Some ex worker with an axe to grind. Lots of you morons running around pissing vinegar. I get that. But remember something. It was people like me who gave urchins like you a chance to shine. And for the most part you all failed. In my 25 years there's only been a handful of lost useless people, out of 10s of thousands that have turned their lives around and stuck to their word. So if you got fired, you deserved to be fired. What happens after that is your fault. Can't pay the rent or child support because you can't keep your job. Don't look at me. Now go tell your social worker who I'm sure has all the time in the world to hear that you're down on your luck again. Pathetic union entitled moron.

In case you're a jealous dealer, what's your store number? I'll fly you in and show you how to run a store.

Angry CT Guy

You think I'm lying because my family owns more than one store? Gimme a break. What are you ? Some ex worker with an axe to grind. Lots of you morons running around pissing vinegar. I get that. But remember something. It was people like me who gave urchins like you a chance to shine. And for the most part you all failed. In my 25 years there's only been a handful of lost useless people, out of 10s of thousands that have turned their lives around and stuck to their word. So if you got fired, you deserved to be fired. What happens after that is your fault. Can't pay the rent or child support because you can't keep your job. Don't look at me. Now go tell your social worker who I'm sure has all the time in the world to hear that you're down on your luck again. Pathetic union entitled moron.

In case you're a jealous dealer, what's your store number? I'll fly you in and show you how to run a store.

If you are a store owner, what was the dealer profitability in 2010 for all 483 stores?

Guest-0276

Get it yourself. I've got nothing to prove to some internet retard who thinks they're in the same league as an owner. My generous offer to a fellow"dealer" is rescinded as you're not even a dealer, or even have the basics right. Where does it say that an owner can't have more than 1 store?

Get a life you lowlife union ingrate.

Guest-0471

i work at canadian tire in ontario and it is the worst place to work in town.
we recently had a major changeover in our store, we have recieved a new "owner" of the store. i am personally going on my 3rd year of working there and i hate it!
i have worked at that crap hole for 2 years longer then the new owner of the store so you would think i would maybe know the ~small town of 7500 people~ a little better then this new city boy who never even heard of the town till he was forcefully moved here.
but no, he has repeatedly called employee's, managers, even customers idoits, made racial comments, ive been called every name in the book by this guy. we started haveing issues after i simply asked to go over with him my bank statement because i miss read and thought i had approximatly 500$ taken from my account and put into they're account.
honest mistake so i appologized for takeing his time and confronting him on it which i thought to be very polite and i was respectfull in my mind.
apparently not because his remark was "whatever you say" then in a quieter voice to the manager, who he called into his office to help discuss. regardless of my request for a priviate talk. he stated "i cant believe the previous owner hired such a fuck up, he must have been a peice of work" to which i repiled "sorry what did you say" and he replied "nothing that concernes you now get back to work you've already wasted enough time, in fact you will not be takeing your afternoon break for this time we have wasted"
from then on, approx 2 years ago, we have been nothing but rude to oneanother till this present day while i still remain employed at CTC. ~i would be out of that craphole but our small town is running out of jobs and believe me ive applied everywhere else in town but no one is hireing~
i have been suprised, being a student that i have not been fired yet due to some of the things he says to me directly or behind my back
"your just a student you can be replaced like that" followed by him snapping his fingers at me
my "luck" of keeping my job has been all due to the manager. i am his official right hand man, in fact the other 40 employees simply refer to my title rather then hardware department, as the bitch boy
he leaves me with the tasks of 5 other students that he has assigned to work under me, makeing me somewhat a manager, with all the stress and duties to go with it, although missing out on any benifits, raise in pay or respect!
i have been makeing minimum wage for 3 years now although older employees, who work about half as hard (admitted by the manager himself) get annual 6 month raises. they're excuse every time for not giving me a raise is "oh well minimum wage went up so thats enough of a raise for the ammount of work you do" to which i reply "so would i recieve that raise if the government wasnt forceing it on you?" to which the typical reply is "we are done here" or "your dismissed"
we do 2x the work of regular employees of other franchises for 1/2 the pay not to mention the crappy hours, but hey maybe thats why they call it crappy tire
before the new owners day we had approximatly 100 employees even during the slow months now the new owner has reduced it to 35-40 employees year round, people work more shifts with longer hours with higher workloads causing extra stress, frustration and especially friction between employees
And who suffers from all this? The CUSTOMER
in my day i have acually seen a fight break out between employees a supervisor and an employee non the less!
a supervisor (just below the manager on the canadian tire food chain) caught throwing products around the warehouse, sometimes at other employees gets a slap on the wrist but when anyone else so much as dropps a product they are fired on the spot, in front of customers, employees or not.
someone acually got fired from my store for driving to fast in the parking lot. it was the guys 2nd day like comon! thats not even a chance!
i have worked with people for less then a day before they quit!
a guy worked in the sporting department for 2 hours then quit! he said he could not take the drama and the stress for any longer then that! instead of firing a person at the begining of her shift they let her work from 9am to about quarter to 8pm when they let her know that she was being let go. they waited for it to slow down so that they wouldnt need her services anymore! WHAT A JOKE
the new owner has recieved a title as an asshole in town, which in a small town of only 2 major franchises (WAL MART and Canadian Tire) that can really hurt business. he of course blames it on the customer service people recieve from us employees, meanwhile he comes up with rediculess rules such as 3 minutes per customer unless they are spending over 100$, then it is raised to 5 minutes!! THAT IS NOT PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL!!

In conclusion, hitler isnt dead, hes the owner of our branch of Canadian Tire and my boss >8(
DONT SHOP AT CANADIAN TIRE YOUR SUPPORTING ASSHOLES and their right to remain assholes

What town are you from... ?? Near Ottawa?

Angry CT Guy

Get it yourself. I've got nothing to prove to some internet retard who thinks they're in the same league as an owner. My generous offer to a fellow"dealer" is rescinded as you're not even a dealer, or even have the basics right. Where does it say that an owner can't have more than 1 store?

Get a life you lowlife union ingrate.

That's what I thought....you aren't a dealer, just a fake poster. It says in the contract that you can't have more than one store moron. And don't worry, I already know what the dealer profitability was for 2010....that was just a test to prove my point and it did....you lose.

Guest-0276

That's what I thought....you aren't a dealer, just a fake poster. It says in the contract that you can't have more than one store moron. And don't worry, I already know what the dealer profitability was for 2010....that was just a test to prove my point and it did....you lose.

You're the moron wannabe dealer who hasn't proven a single thing. Is that all you have? One number to go by for all of 2010, proving whether I'm a dealer or not ? Such a moron. I've got drawers full of that shit going back to 1976. What's your store number loser? I'll mail the shit to you. And yeah I have more than one store so fuck you!

CT Me / Lawguy

Are you SURE about that? I mean 100% sure?
There's not one guy in the Country currently in ownership of more then one store you say? FAIL
Wait a fuckin minute...there most certainly is owners with multiple stores.

Angry CT Guy

Are you SURE about that? I mean 100% sure?
There's not one guy in the Country currently in ownership of more then one store you say? FAIL
Wait a fuckin minute...there most certainly is owners with multiple stores.

There are two dealers with multiple stores, both are out west....and neither of them are you. They are too classy for you. I'll call bullshit on you having multiple stores and bullshit on you being a dealer for that matter.

Guest-0276

There are two dealers with multiple stores, both are out west....and neither of them are you. They are too classy for you. I'll call bullshit on you having multiple stores and bullshit on you being a dealer for that matter.

shut your hole moron. what's that again? Nobody can own two stores...well golly loser you just proved yourself a liar and proved yourself stupid again. Nice try though you welfare piece of shit. Did I fire you a long time ago. And was I right? That you're useless and would be in jail in no time. Was I right? Go wait for your next welfare check loser. Take your meds union cretin.

Angry CT Guy

shut your hole moron. what's that again? Nobody can own two stores...well golly loser you just proved yourself a liar and proved yourself stupid again. Nice try though you welfare piece of shit. Did I fire you a long time ago. And was I right? That you're useless and would be in jail in no time. Was I right? Go wait for your next welfare check loser. Take your meds union cretin.

Yep, same old faker dude trying to stir up shit. You're no dealer, just the same ole lame ass that has been posting his tourette syndrome for months.
You lose, loser, you lose

screechymonkey

If you are looking for good employees, pay them properly and treat them human beings and you will get some.

Amen to that! I have a college education and due to unforseen circumstances in my life, I'm now an employee of CT. And it took me to work at this company to find out how stupid I really am. I'm told constantly...nice eh? I like the majority of the folks I work with, but the managment leaves alot to be desired. I'm told nothing...most of it I either have to figure it out on my own and suffer the wrath of a pissed of customer...and I do not blame them one bit.
Things like...the propane truck does not come in....but no-one lets anyone know...and I do not find out until after I have sold one....then I'm screamed at for not knowing. To work at this company you need to have a thick skin and be a seer.
I think this will be one quick stop for me it my search for a real job.

CT Me / Lawguy

Amen to that! I have a college education and due to unforseen circumstances in my life, I'm now an employee of CT. And it took me to work at this company to find out how stupid I really am. I'm told constantly...nice eh? I like the majority of the folks I work with, but the managment leaves alot to be desired. I'm told nothing...most of it I either have to figure it out on my own and suffer the wrath of a pissed of customer...and I do not blame them one bit.
Things like...the propane truck does not come in....but no-one lets anyone know...and I do not find out until after I have sold one....then I'm screamed at for not knowing. To work at this company you need to have a thick skin and be a seer.

So rather then being thankful that you're employed and can put food on your table, you whine because it's not as easy a gig you thought it was. Come on man, the company doesn't owe you anything, and the world doesn't either. You got caught in a tough spot, you accepted a position to help you out and offer your services. Do the job to the best of your ability, accept the pay, leave it at that.

Guest-0477

typical ct response

they never take any responsibility for problems

instead of trying to fix things - they just look for somebody else to blame - then pretend its not their fault

this time its the employees fault - usually we hear that its the customer who is blamed

its ok for management to scream at staff - but customers who ask for a refund or raise their voice get a trespass order

you have to get better at being screamed at & taking the blame for management screwups - the victim is blamed again

sounds like a nice place to work - hope you find something better soon

CT Me / Lawguy

Yah well in my experience these self professed superstars who have accepted a job "below their level of qualification" are usually the worst ones. They have a perception that because they have education x, they're king of the hill. Guess what, you're not. Whatever hand life dealt you that you're now working in retail despite your glorious career or education amounts to nothing.

You're employed, the expectation of you is the same as every other employee. work hard, do as your told, help customers, go home. You will be paid accordingly. Unfortunately, it's often the fresh out of highschool, no career experience and no college or university employees that will perform 10 times better in the same job and bitch less about it. Funny how that works eh superstar

Guest-0276

This is the kind of ingrate union minded handout I'm talking about! You don't like the job?!? Leave. You want more money but don't produce anything except more costs to me. Leave. You want to dictate to what you think you're entitled to, on my efforts and sacrifice to get to where I am??? Fuck right off. Get the fuck out of my store. The truth is, people like you don't amount to much. Lots more out there willing to work for their money. All you do is complain, want more money without, without, without adding anything useful to my bottom line. You're not even part of the equation. Typical union loser mentality. You don't like it, get the fuck out. Lots more like you who need a job. I doubt you lazy people have what it takes to be successful.

CT Me / Lawguy

typical ct response

they never take any responsibility for problems

instead of trying to fix things - they just look for somebody else to blame - then pretend its not their fault

this time its the employees fault - usually we hear that its the customer who is blamed

its ok for management to scream at staff - but customers who ask for a refund or raise their voice get a trespass order

you have to get better at being screamed at & taking the blame for management screwups - the victim is blamed again

sounds like a nice place to work - hope you find something better soon

You listen to the guys attitude and then defend him? "i've got a college education" "I'm looking for a real job"
Guess what, tough break kiddo. In a tough economy there's plenty of people educated and skilled who can't find work. We hire very few of the hundreds literally hundreds that apply here for that exact reason. They've mis-managed their big bucks when they were making them as skilled trades or oil field or auto line assembly workers and now they need money in a hurry. Their true belief is that they got screwed by the system or a corporation and athat's why they can't find high paying work. They treat this type of work as "not a real job" - and their performance generally sucks....right along side their attitude.

we can have 4 or 5 dozen generally happy employees and then some outside asshat with an attitude like this comes in and spends his time polluting others with bad attitude and negativity. Put your head down, get some work done and that's it!! You may not afford your big jacked up truck or all the perks you once could on a skilled worker wage but atleast you can afford diapers for the baby and keep the heat turned on. Make some sacrifices, change your lifestyle and deal with life as you have it today. Don't be mad at the owners because you don't like the job

idiot

Angry CT Guy

You listen to the guys attitude and then defend him? "i've got a college education" "I'm looking for a real job"
Guess what, tough break kiddo. In a tough economy there's plenty of people educated and skilled who can't find work. We hire very few of the hundreds literally hundreds that apply here for that exact reason. They've mis-managed their big bucks when they were making them as skilled trades or oil field or auto line assembly workers and now they need money in a hurry. Their true belief is that they got screwed by the system or a corporation and athat's why they can't find high paying work. They treat this type of work as "not a real job" - and their performance generally sucks....right along side their attitude.

we can have 4 or 5 dozen generally happy employees and then some outside asshat with an attitude like this comes in and spends his time polluting others with bad attitude and negativity. Put your head down, get some work done and that's it!! You may not afford your big jacked up truck or all the perks you once could on a skilled worker wage but atleast you can afford diapers for the baby and keep the heat turned on. Make some sacrifices, change your lifestyle and deal with life as you have it today. Don't be mad at the owners because you don't like the job

idiot

Amen to that brother. Disgruntled employees and disgruntled faker advocates can probably take a good look at themselves and question why they aren't as successful as the people around them that are. They usually don't try to better their situation, they are more content to drag people down to their level. Kind of a sad statement on what we've become in Canada-"I'm hard done by", "I deserve better", "it's not fair". Guess why all those manufacturing jobs disappeared? Guess why several US states are systematically banning unions--they protect the weak and make the state uncompetitive and bankrupt.
The world is a changing and losers won't like it one bit.

Guest-0477

The employee raised a number of valid concerns about management and their workplace.

A major issue is management yelling at employees.

For starters, yelling at employees is listed as workplace harassment.

But we've seen over and over again how the Defenders will say they are above the law, it doesn't really apply to them, and so forth. Nice examples they are setting for their staff.

Another problem is the hypocricy of the management. In another thread, the Defenders were all big & bad when it comes to customers mistreating staff:

Scream at a staff member, swear at her, look abusive.....it's over for you....call the cops and they will cart you away.....better get with the times moron.

But when it’s management doing the same thing to the same staff member? Then it’s all OK, according to the Defenders.

Just proving themselves to be a bunch of hypocrites. Jerks like that shouldn’t be allowed in positions of authority.

Then, we've got all the examples of management incompetence.

How do the defenders respond? Well, blame the employee, naturally! So typical.

Angry CT Guy

The employee raised a number of valid concerns about management and their workplace.

A major issue is management yelling at employees.

For starters, yelling at employees is listed as workplace harassment.

But we've seen over and over again how the Defenders will say they are above the law, it doesn't really apply to them, and so forth. Nice examples they are setting for their staff.

Another problem is the hypocricy of the management. In another thread, the Defenders were all big & bad when it comes to customers mistreating staff:

But when it’s management doing the same thing to the same staff member? Then it’s all OK, according to the Defenders.

Just proving themselves to be a bunch of hypocrites. Jerks like that shouldn’t be allowed in positions of authority.

Then, we've got all the examples of management incompetence.

How do the defenders respond? Well, blame the employee, naturally! So typical.

No one said they were above the law, liar.

You weren't there so only have one side of the story. So typical of you.

You could never be in a position of authority, so why comment on it. You don't have what it takes. You are a whiner. Better go cry to mommy.