Guest-0223

Posted by an unregistered user
Hey everybody I just applied for CT(I know I know you guys think it's shit but I need the money), and I got some questions:

How much do you make per hour? I heard it's $9/hour if you work at customer service or cashier and $9.75 if you work in the specialitys like sports or lighting etc.

Are hours hard to come by? I'm a student and I need full-time in the summer for 2 months(30-40 hours).

How often are raises and how often do you get paid?

And the CT I applied to seems like a pretty chill place to work at. It's a new store, clean, and even on Thursday evenings they always seem to have way too many people working and standing around at the customer service area. I know this pisses most of you off cause the service at CT is SHITTY (I've experienced it too), but they get paid for doing shit all.

J

Juice

Each store is individually owned and as such the owner and head management of the store decides on payraises, general pay etc. In Ontario our pay starts at 10.25 now due to the payraise. In my 4 years of working there I have never received a pay raise; nor have I ever received full time hours (Despite my superiority in my dept. Even further than sports management). Our store is coincidently also next to broke so they refuse to give us more than 14 hours a week.

My suggestion would be, talk to some of the employee's. They can tell you very quickly if they do or do not like it there.

Guest-0402

Depends if you work in store or in warehouse. if in store it is the minimum wage and if in warehouse, it starts at 18 dollars per hour and can go upto $30 per hour. Plus you get profit sharing, stock purchase, and all benefits. Very nice place to work if you are working in the warehouse. Even if you start at $18, in 5-6 years you can reach $30 per hour.

Guest-0407

Hey everybody I just applied for CT(I know I know you guys think it's shit but I need the money), and I got some questions:

How much do you make per hour? I heard it's $9/hour if you work at customer service or cashier and $9.75 if you work in the specialitys like sports or lighting etc.

Are hours hard to come by? I'm a student and I need full-time in the summer for 2 months(30-40 hours).

How often are raises and how often do you get paid?

And the CT I applied to seems like a pretty chill place to work at. It's a new store, clean, and even on Thursday evenings they always seem to have way too many people working and standing around at the customer service area. I know this pisses most of you off cause the service at CT is SHITTY (I've experienced it too), but they get paid for doing shit all.

You can't be serious. Get paid for doing nothing. First of all if thats the type of job your looking for then you don't want to work you just want a pay check. Working for Candian Tire is like working for a modern day work shop. The Corporation first sucks most of the profits out then the dealers are greedy and cheap and make their profits by under staffing. So the next time you go shopping at CT the staff your dealing with is probally manager on duty while being the only one in their department and back up for cash along with stocking shelves it is insane. I know this becasue I use to work thier. Profit sharing is a joke. These dealers come from out of province stay two years so what do they care and believe me they care nothing about the community they are in. Tell That groups looking for donations that we are not running a charity. They treat their staff like crap and have no respect for their customers. Let them waint in line, don't take them to the product direct them to the asile. It goes against everything in their E-Leaning (which is a joke cause it nothing like reality) It was the worst job I ever had and am completely ashamed of them. They have no right to attach Canadian to thiet name at all. Maybe they should change it to China Tire. You want to feel like a second class citzen work for Canadian Tire.

Guest-0414

tyRe: General question for CT employees

You can't be serious. Get paid for doing nothing. First of all if thats the type of job your looking for then you don't want to work you just want a pay check. Working for Candian Tire is like working for a modern day work shop. The Corporation first sucks most of the profits out then the dealers are greedy and cheap and make their profits by under staffing. So the next time you go shopping at CT the staff your dealing with is probally manager on duty while being the only one in their department and back up for cash along with stocking shelves it is insane. I know this becasue I use to work thier. Profit sharing is a joke. These dealers come from out of province stay two years so what do they care and believe me they care nothing about the community they are in. Tell That groups looking for donations that we are not running a charity. They treat their staff like crap and have no respect for their customers. Let them waint in line, don't take them to the product direct them to the asile. It goes against everything in their E-Leaning (which is a joke cause it nothing like reality) It was the worst job I ever had and am completely ashamed of them. They have no right to attach Canadian to thiet name at all. Maybe they should change it to China Tire. You want to feel like a second class citzen work for Canadian Tire.

i do work at ct in ontario. no i'm not manager of any sort. just sports and seasonal. from the store i work in. i do the re-stocking, help with trucks when they come in(usually 3 day a week) change-overs in the dept., remerch, deletes, bin-caps(if you know what that is), back up cashier, customer services, sports and seasonal. just about every dept there. i use to work the long days and some nites there, but for some odd reason i get cut to about 4 hours a day 4-5 days a week. and after 5 years i still only make 10.50.anyways, i went away from what i was saying. sure there are some people out there that just stand around and chat or cross there arms. i do work with a couple of people like that. like there is nothing to do. there is always something to do. pick up a cloth, broom, there is always something that needs a cleaning...i feel great there helping customers but the hours and pay suck BIG TIME. but that's life these days.
On that note. all i can say is check with the employees of where you applied too. have fun

G

I work at the parts desk. I started a 11.50 and at my 6 month evalutation I was bumped up to 12.25.

CTH8R

Re: tyRe: General question for CT employees

the hours and pay suck BIG TIME. all i can say is check with the employees of where you applied too. have fun

Good advice for anyone considering going to work for them - I guess it's OK for people who are desperate.

I hope you can find a decent job with a decent employer!

CT Challenger

Interesting story from Saskatchewan.

The Crappy Owners want the laws to be changed so that they don't have to pay Over Time, when employees work more than 8 hrs in a 24-hour period:

http://www.lrws.gov.sk.ca/canadian-tire

How do they attempt to defend this overt cash-grab?

They claim cutting back on OT "provides expanded opportunities and flexibility for employees".

Yeah, I'm sure they'll all just SOOO eager to give up the overtime pay, LMAO!

Nice try, Crappy Owners!

I hope the government sees through your obvious attemtps to further exploit your staff!

Last edited:

X-Lifer

Depends if you work in store or in warehouse. if in store it is the minimum wage and if in warehouse, it starts at 18 dollars per hour and can go upto $30 per hour. Plus you get profit sharing, stock purchase, and all benefits. Very nice place to work if you are working in the warehouse. Even if you start at $18, in 5-6 years you can reach $30 per hour.

After almost 23 years with this company, and finishing my career there as an Auto Service Adviser, I was making $13.50 per hour. I was working CRAPPY shifts, two nights a week till 8 pm, Saturdays 8-5, and Sundays 10-4. Seldom ever got to take a lunch break, and hadn't taken a 15 minute coffee break in YEARS!

And at $13.50, was one of the HIGHEST paid employees......

I miss my co-workers, that is all I miss!

CT Challenger

X:

Sorry to hear about the crappy treatment you received.

Do you have any tips for consumers, besides just staying away from these service centers?